World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fall 2017 Anime - go dies

Go down 
+2
Alibaba
danna45
6 posters
AuthorMessage
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

Fall 2017 Anime - go dies Empty
PostSubject: Fall 2017 Anime - go dies   Fall 2017 Anime - go dies EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 12:39 am

http://anichart.net/Fall-2017

As our resident anime loli Nour has graduated from the age of 11 and thus her lolihood status, it falls to the less motivated to put in the work. God, stop being so lazy nour.

As I am evidently not nour I'll be doing this in a much simpler, more lazy approach. Whatever is notable enough I'll mention it here. You can check everything on anichart anyway.

Mahoutsukai no Yome - Highly acclaimed manga. First few episodes came out a few months ago if I remember so you can even try it right now!
Kekkai Sensen and beyond - First season had the best episode 1 but then become 7/10 for most of the show, and the delayed last ep was like 5-6/10. Hoping season 2 does it better.
Shokugeki no Souma 3 - It's probably the same as the other seasons so if you're into it, good for you.
Black Clover - Fairly well-known shounen manga. Never read it. Al apparently has so go ask him.
DIES IRAE - actually this'll probably suck cuz its a literal who studio with a literal who director on a literal who shoestring budget, good night sweet prince reinhard
Kino no Tabi - Sequel to the well-received light novel/anime from a long while ago. The original is pretty comfy so I recommend it.
UQ Holder! - The manga's writing was bad but I couldn't be arsed to follow it for more than 10-20 chapters, which is probably how far the anime'll go anyway. Unlikely to be decent, despite the really interesting concept. they won't even get to the part where it becomes negima lite gdi
Shoujo Shuumatsu Ryokou - Is by White Fox, who do some amazing adaptation work on stuff. They did Steins:Gate, Hataraku Maou, Re:Zero (story quality aside, since that's the writer's part, the actual anime was a pretty decent adaptation), Gochuumon, etc etc. This one'll probably be pretty good too.
Imouto Sae Ireba Ii - by haganai's author iirc? fuck this hack
Netjuu no susume - seems to play with the idea that dudes dont play dudes in online games. that alone makes it worth trying out tbh
Yuki Yuna 2 - grimderp madoka season 2. watch the first one then see if you liked it enough.
URAHARA - according to leo it wasn't very good, the first ep.

that's all i have. hf watching seasonal anime

some dies ost to keep the thread mood light
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2017 Anime - go dies   Fall 2017 Anime - go dies EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 2:52 am

danna45 wrote:
Mahoutsukai no Yome - Highly acclaimed manga. First few episodes came out a few months ago if I remember so you can even try it right now!
I read ten chapters and it's pretty boring imo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

but ty for the topic effort
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2017 Anime - go dies   Fall 2017 Anime - go dies EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:45 am

i suppose i may have worded it better but i've never read or tried it myself, if what i said was implying that in any way
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2017 Anime - go dies   Fall 2017 Anime - go dies EmptyFri Oct 06, 2017 5:48 pm

It wasn't implying that. I'm just saying that if you like the anime, I will proceed to refer to your preferences as feces.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2017 Anime - go dies   Fall 2017 Anime - go dies EmptySat Oct 07, 2017 12:07 am

and then he'll shit over your taste, it's a vicious cycle of fecal taste
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2017 Anime - go dies   Fall 2017 Anime - go dies EmptyMon Oct 09, 2017 11:46 am

There's a few stuff missing and a few stuff I want to comment on, so here's my... something, I can't find the word, my Shakespearian vocabulary failed me.

Fall 2017 Anime - go dies 87328l
Juuni Taisen: So warriors assigned to 7 classes the 12 chinese zodiacs fight in the battle royale Sehai Juuni Taisen where the last one standing gets a wish from the holy grail the organizers.
It's funny because it rhymes with Chuuni.
So first episode aired and admittedly I am being a bit unfair here, this feels a lot like a super basic by the numbers, my first attempt at a battle story, battle royale. Battle animation is actually pretty nice and while I get the idea they are cheating with CG the fact I am uncertain about it means it doesn't make it look bad, it's a pretty good result. The world is not really explained, it just seems right now that there is magic and some sci-fi tech, we have no idea where any of it comes from, we're just thrown right into it. If you want a reason to not watch it, there is no anchor character it seems, just what seems like a bunch of token battle royale characters, so it doesn't feel like it will be able to maintain interest. Also some direction choices as far as the flow of the story is concerned were pretty eh... Now on the other hand if you are looking for a reason to watch it and you enjoy deliberate shots of the bulging crotches of barely covered men, pick this gem right up!
In conclusion, animation work is nice and the theme can really show it off, so long as you put up with writing and direction that feels at least amateurish-
WAITWAITWAITWAITWAIT! Nisio?! This is based on a 2015 Nisio Isin work?! NISIO YOU HACK!

Fall 2017 Anime - go dies 88190
Ousama Game: Episode starts in what I can only assume to be some ending scene of Evangelion where generic MC finds a smartphone lying on the ground which informs him of (something relating to) THE KING'S GAME!!!11!
Class members either follow (unseen) king's orders or die magically, basically classroom death game.
BUT! There's a twist! A twist in that this is so fucking generic it will actually manage to surprise you.
I feel like I've been here before, I even watched this right after Juuni Taisen, it's like all writing has degenerated at once and then became super edgy. Is it that kind of era now? I blame Naru personally- or at least I would have but then I remembered the previous one was Nisio! Wtf I am still reeling from that one. Just to double check, this one... yeah, ok, it's not Nisio.
Anyways, back on why this is so generic. That would be because the classmates are pure, unblemished cookie cutter archetypes. In fact, as they are all introduced one by one by displaying their archetype signature characteristic they stop and stare into the frame as their name appears for a while on screen.
Now this is the point where I would tell you I don't recommend this while making a joke like {oh if you liked Smartphone from last season but for some reason you wanted something on the opposite end of the edginess spectrum because you dislike feeling good about life while watching dumb shit, this is the show for you!} BUT. Here's the thing. Watch it. Just watch it. Watch this glorious piece of anime garbage. This is the comedy show of the year. The genericness will just keep hitting you without rest expecting you to be dramatically invested and it will just crash against your common sense.
10/10, I laughed my ass off at a guy saying "How long had it been since I last had fun?"

Fall 2017 Anime - go dies 87603l
Imouto sae Ireba Ii.: LN author MC who writes about little sisters- wait again? Didn't we just have that?
So apparently this is from the Haganai author while the other was from the Oreimo author. Now you may think that just like the Oreimo author case, this is the author's wish fulfillment fantasy of dating his little sister. You would be wrong. This is actually the author's wish fulfillment fantasy of having friends. He too has stuck to the roots of his previous work it seems. That being said it's good and unlike that other hack, I don't distrust him, so I recommend it.

Fall 2017 Anime - go dies 88153
Black Clover: Shounen Battle thing.
DO YOU NOT HAVE ENOUGH YELLING IN YOUR LIFE?! BECAUSE YELLING IS HERE, AND YELLING DOESN'T CARE ABOUT YOU, BECAUSE YELLING IS RUDE LIKE THAT! THAT'S JUST ABOUT IT REALLY! YELLING!

That's it about stuff I watched, so I'll talk about some stuff I didn't watch now.

Fall 2017 Anime - go dies 88215l
New Umaru, why aren't you memers talking about it

Fall 2017 Anime - go dies 87623l
Boku no Kanojo ga Majimesugiru Sho-bitch na Ken: Guy gets gf who casually and seriously brings up... erotic topics? perverted topics? let's just go with ecchi anime tropes. You'll get it like 3 minutes in, kinda funny gag manga.

Fall 2017 Anime - go dies 88180
Second season of 3-gatsu no Lion. Nobody watched this? I mean, I didn't, but nobody watched this?

Fall 2017 Anime - go dies 88214l
UQ Holder: I really liked the mahou sensei negima manga. The manga, not the anime, that was pretty much a rewrite. Not alternate ending, rewrite, from start to end. Which makes calling this anime negima 2 really weird because it's the anime adaptation of the manga but the previous anime has nothing to do with it so... I don't know, I don't get it. Anyways, as I said, I liked Negima, and it ended... let's say abruptly, so I actually like UQ Holder. I stopped reading because crunchyroll happened (*spits*) and threw the order out of whack and I never managed to follow properly again, but I can't say that means I dislike it, because frankly I'd have read negima's continuation and that was that, fair for me.
Anyways, what I'm getting at is, while I have not watched the anime to know how it will go, most likely if you are a non-negima manga fan this is probably not for you.

Fall 2017 Anime - go dies 87710
Evil or Live
Quote :
In this modern society, a new kind of "illness" is striking young boys and girls. Loneliness, disbelief, and outrage push this generation to grow more and more attached to internet and technologies. The experts call these symptoms "Net Addiction." To cure this condition, a certain rehabilitation facility has been set up to "lead the young men back to the right path." Enrolled to treat his addiction, Hibiki had no idea that this rehabilitation facility is nothing more than a prison. In this hellish place where escape is prohibited, how will Hibiki overcome his despair?
I-is... is this the triple?! The triple of dumb edgy shows in one season?! Also why do stuff keep stealing the LiveALive title, it's not cool doing that. Anyways, will try it I guess.

Fall 2017 Anime - go dies 87467l
Inuyashiki
Quote :
Inuyashiki Ichirou is down on his luck. While only 58 years old, his geriatric looks often have him written off as a pathetic old man by the world around him and he's constantly ignored and disrespected by his family despite all that he's done to support them. On top of everything else, his doctor has revealed that he has cancer and it appears that he has little time left in this world. But just when it seems things couldn't get any worse, a blinding light in the night sky strikes the earth where Ichirou stands. He later wakes up to find himself unscathed, but he soon starts to notice that there's something... different about himself. However, it turns out that these strange, new changes are just what Ichirou needs to take a new lease on life and now it seems like there's nothing to stop him from being a hero worthy of the respect that he never had before... unless, that is, there was someone else out there with these same changes...
Ok... I guess I'll watch it. I mean with that description I don't feel like I have a choice in the matter but I'll state anyways that I'll watch it. This is CG by the way.
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2017 Anime - go dies   Fall 2017 Anime - go dies EmptyMon Oct 09, 2017 3:31 pm

Al-Bhed wrote:
{oh if you liked Smartphone from last season but for some reason you wanted something on the opposite end of the edginess spectrum because you dislike feeling good about life while watching dumb shit, this is the show for you!}
I've found my calling for this season, I suppose.

I did read a few chapters of Inuyashiki and uhhh... Well, funfact, it's by the person who wrote Gantz (Pretty sure because there were Gantz posters in the manga). It's one of those super seinen manga and uhh.. boy, I'm really showing my top 40% vocab skills. Maybe it's just that Inuyashiki is just extremely "not for me". Some lonely old man has cancer, something something aliens or something turn him into a cyborg, he's kindaaa using his powers for good and there's this edgy kid who's also a cyborg but all super edgy and evil and stuff. I don't really remember what happens, it's really boring. idk meng, have a page from chapter one
Spoiler:
This well-written and productive post has been brought to you by Nournalism^TM.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : Chino

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2017 Anime - go dies   Fall 2017 Anime - go dies EmptyWed Oct 11, 2017 9:35 am

You're missing my cutesy moe garbage.

Fall 2017 Anime - go dies 97994-livMvQs5XMpl
Blend S: Girl is looking for a part time job, ends up getting a job at a... archetype cafe? Everyone's job is to appeal to a certain trope and the protagonist's job is to be a hard sadist and treat the customers like garbage. Pretty trashy amusing. The first episode tried to kind of flesh the characters out with them hanging out outside of work when in actuality all I wanted was them to drive their joke into the ground and spit on the customers.

Fall 2017 Anime - go dies 98506-BPHtNhP7Q1TD
Konohana Kitan: Super cute, super atmospheric and probably the moe show I watch over Blend S. Just a bunch of fox girls managing a hot spring hotel. I haven't heard much about this one which is relatively surprising because it's just super pleasant and comfy. Not sure what else to say this one because it's kind of doing the "aimless fantasy slice-of-life" thing, but I think it's doing it quite a bit better than other shows that do the same thing. I always try the pointless moe stuff every season and a lot of times I come out of it quitting all of them. But this one... this one fills me with hope and is leaving a much better impression than most.

Al-Bhed wrote:
New Umaru, why aren't you memers talking about it
I have never hated a show more than Umaru and won't subject myself to it again, I'm mindblown it's popular enough to have a second season. I hope this is the season where her brother finally sucker punches her in the throat and her wind pipe caves in.

Nour Force wrote:
I read ten chapters and it's pretty boring imo ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

but ty for the topic effort

Mahoutsukai no Yome is the other thing I watched and I loved it, fite me. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Other than that haven't watched anything else thus far. I plan on watching Yuki Yuna 2 as I liked the first season enough and I feel obligated to watch Dies Irae because of Danna even though I know it won't live up to the source material at all and will probably blow comparatively. I'm sure plenty of other shows will turn out to be okay but I'll wait until they churn those out and I start hearing that I'm missing out first. Until then, I'll be watching my fox girls and Nour's least favorite manga.
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2017 Anime - go dies   Fall 2017 Anime - go dies EmptyMon Oct 16, 2017 9:32 pm

i spent all of yesterday binging houseki no kuni

ITS REALLY GOOD PHOS BEST BOY THE MANGA AND ANIME ARE BOTH WORTH IT
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2017 Anime - go dies   Fall 2017 Anime - go dies EmptyWed Nov 29, 2017 10:04 pm

daily reminder that houseki no kuni is the best adaptation of a manga ever made

and aots tbqh
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2017 Anime - go dies   Fall 2017 Anime - go dies EmptyThu Nov 30, 2017 7:03 pm

Kitouski wrote:
I hope this is the season where her brother finally sucker punches her in the throat and her wind pipe caves in.

I though Umaru had a sister, not a brother.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Fall 2017 Anime - go dies   Fall 2017 Anime - go dies Empty

Back to top Go down

Fall 2017 Anime - go dies
Page 1 of 1