World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most?

Go down 
+18
AsianGuy1137
warghostmonX
Dragonclaw
Bakura Normal
Katarina
Unknown
xX-Saberboy
raye
Neku Sakuraba
RD
Kimo Force
Fish
T.J
D JR
Mageta
psychoturtle
J.J. Knight
FoxboyAlex
22 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
FoxboyAlex
WDA Member
WDA Member
FoxboyAlex

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : FoxboyAlex

What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most? Empty
PostSubject: What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most?   What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most? EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 6:10 pm

On this thread, simply post what card, cards, combo, archtype, artwork, deck, etc. that either best fits you or that you feel bonded with. (I'll post mine later)
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/FoxboyAlex
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

PostSubject: Re: What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most?   What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most? EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 6:19 pm

This is an easy one: Dragons. More specifically, Blue-Eyes and Red-Eyes. When I first started to duel, my very first ever card was Blue-Eyes White Dragon. I fell in love with the card and used it in every single duel. Blue-Eyes quickly became my 'Ace Card'. After getting two more copies of Blue-Eyes, I got my hands on a Red-Eyes B. Dragon, which became my secondary Ace. I quickly bought the Rage of Dragons deck or whatever it was and made a Blue-Eyes/Red-Eyes hybrid deck, using my new Blue-Eyes Shining Dragon as my 'Ultimate Ace Card'. My strategy became using my graveyard to my advantage by filling it with Dragons and special summon them to the field quicker. I also had the Envoy's with Chaos Emperor Dragon becoming another Ace. After my deck was stolen, I quit playing in real life. I discovered online dueling and revised my deck into a more Red-Eyes style using REDMD decks. I continued to evolve the deck to what I have now; Dragon Storm.
Back to top Go down
psychoturtle
WDA Member
WDA Member
psychoturtle

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : IamPsychoturtle

PostSubject: Re: What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most?   What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most? EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 6:31 pm

No matter how many times Infernity saves my ass with a bizarre draw,I gotta say my Gigas just played out the way I want them to and the way I like to play,it was awesome playing with that deck,many nice wins,but Konami decided to kill that. :/
Back to top Go down
Mageta
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mageta

Waifu : Magetaa

PostSubject: Re: What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most?   What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most? EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 6:43 pm

Mine's simaliar to Krobra.
I use Dragon's.

My ace is and will allways be Red-Eye's Darkness Metal Dragon, I pretty much use it to get out big cards like Blue-Eye's my second ace. I mainly try and find Future fusion and send 3 White stone's to the grave to add three Blue-Eye's to my hand and then put Wyvern and RDMD in it. Use's Wyverns eff to special summon RDMD.

My other plan is to just try and get my Fusion's and Synchro's out. But that rarely happens.

Back to top Go down
D JR
Key Mace
 Key Mace
D JR

Achievement Points : 22
Waifu : D-JR

PostSubject: Re: What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most?   What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most? EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 6:59 pm

I like Machine decks period. I remember in the anime when Bandit Keith played Slot Machine and make it look so badbutt! Then after that Barrel Dragon!

I made countless of real life decks but when I finally got a hold of Barrel Dragon. It became my ace. As time goes by Ancient Gears came out and I rocked with them with Cyber Dragons/Overdragon. OTKed like crazy with Geartown. Then went Gadget decks and Machinas! Which really upgraded Machines. After that Karakuri's came out and started owning with them too. Now I am owning with Meklords though.

Technology evolves through time in America.
Back to top Go down
T.J
WDA Member
WDA Member
T.J

Waifu : T.J

PostSubject: Re: What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most?   What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most? EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 7:01 pm

I have many many cards mainly old school cards so it's hard to compete with all the tuners and synchro's my very first card was blue eyes white dragon which i used to beat my friends and other kids in primary school back then i had the best deck based around fusion summoning but it blew away in the wind :( but that wasn't enough to keep me down after that i started competing in comps winning prizes and making new decks out of the packs i won my main deck i used in a comp was a burn deck which featured two solar flare dragons along with hitoma the white rabbit and various other cards my ace card of the deck i put in it purely because it was the second card i had ever gotten was relinquished which i used to annoy my opponent and force them into attacking relinquished while i had one of my opponents monster equipped to it many years later i found the jurrac's which i adore but due to me only having a small amount of tuners, jurrac's and synchro's i have failed to make the deck competitive enough to last against dn users
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Waifu : Meheheh

PostSubject: Re: What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most?   What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most? EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 7:50 pm

I seemed to be the best when I was with my Naturia cards, but they're just not that fun to play. xD
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most?   What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most? EmptyFri Aug 19, 2011 8:03 pm

I feel that I am connected to the Elemental Heroes the most being the hardcore comic fan I am. Using them just felt right; it was a matter of bread and cheese. No matter how many decks I tried, Elemental Heroes just seemed as the most exciting deck of all. It's a shame I no longer use them due to the high demands DN has to offer from Synchro monsters and such.
Back to top Go down
RD
Lil Warrior
 Lil Warrior
RD

Achievement Points : 20

PostSubject: Re: What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most?   What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 2:22 am

I'm pretty connected to the Ehero deck but as for card is't out of no where but i bond most with Red Nova Dragon. My first competitive deck was Eheros! And now looking at most my decks in DN anything with fusion has an Ehero in it. As for Red Nova Dragon, i feel powerful with it. Since most my plays are set up to be offensive. All i got.
Back to top Go down
Neku Sakuraba
Young Fiend
 Young Fiend
Neku Sakuraba

Achievement Points : 15
Waifu : Neku Sakuraba

PostSubject: Re: What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most?   What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 2:39 am

Well,i gotta say: Reptilianne rocks, nuff said
i like the control style those monsters give, replacing a destroyed one with another( be it by a s/t or a monster's effect) or how they keep monsters at bay with their 0 ATK effects,even shhoting star has yet to prove a challenge to my reptiliannes,as for my ace card,On Reptiliannes it has to be EI Ccarayhua,i swear whenever i get that thing off its game over for the opp,but another ace card, is stardust dragon and all of its suport cards,they have saved my ass many times over right now,and with this heavy storm/MST rage starting,im sure im going to see them more in the field,thats for sure
Back to top Go down
raye
WDA Member
WDA Member
raye

Achievement Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most?   What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 2:43 am

I can relate to my decks on a moe personal level then most duelist. So my decks i entrust my soul too is my dragunities and my agents
Back to top Go down
psychoturtle
WDA Member
WDA Member
psychoturtle

Waifu : IamPsychoturtle

PostSubject: Re: What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most?   What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 2:44 am

Moe personal...lolololo u said it not me.
Back to top Go down
xX-Saberboy
WDA Member
WDA Member
xX-Saberboy

PostSubject: Re: What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most?   What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 2:47 am

1 word ....SABERS
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

PostSubject: Re: What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most?   What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 2:47 am

I just started Yu-Gi-Oh to be honest and I have not gotten as much experience as older players, but when I first came into the game I bought a Warrior's Strike Structure deck and I kept getting defeated by my friend with Machinas. Then I found KC and started dueling there. During this time I've tried many decks and some worked out and others didn't. Blackwings was a deck I could always rely on when I had no other deck to use. I really like those guys and when we were back at KC I kept my Blackwings in Slot 3 for as long as I know. It's sill there now.
Back to top Go down
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

Achievement Points : 58
Waifu : Prinzessin Kitty

PostSubject: Re: What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most?   What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 2:56 am

My favorite archtype is synchron...but they suck..i cant make a consistant deck
Back to top Go down
FoxboyAlex
WDA Member
WDA Member
FoxboyAlex

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : FoxboyAlex

PostSubject: Re: What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most?   What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 3:08 am

I love these replies. That's what I was looking for. A more personal relationship with cards. I don't just think of them as carboard or money cards. They're very near and dear. The time and effort one spends to attain and properly use the card can be more than just a simple matter. Takes time.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/FoxboyAlex
Bakura Normal
Fangless Vampire
 Fangless Vampire
Bakura Normal

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : Bakura normal

PostSubject: Re: What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most?   What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 3:12 am

crystal beasts

i have more variants of crystal beasts than i can be assed to count, on kcvds since u could only have 10 decks it was

cb
cb
cb
cb
cb
cb
cb
rest normal decks

=D i just love those cards =D
Back to top Go down
Dragonclaw
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dragonclaw

Waifu : Dragonpuff

PostSubject: Re: What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most?   What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 3:37 am

Mines are X-Sabers. The thing is, when I play. I want to get out the monsters fast, other than. Wait one turn, summon, wait one turn. I wanna be fast.
Back to top Go down
warghostmonX
WDA Member
WDA Member
warghostmonX

PostSubject: Re: What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most?   What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 4:59 am

mine's would either be meklords,in terms out going against the mainstream..and,get this, the kuriboh's.its just the fact that they are cards that don't need strength. Instead the fight against the powerful.I also like archtypes that rely on each other like the fortune ladies.
Back to top Go down
D JR
Key Mace
 Key Mace
D JR

Achievement Points : 22
Waifu : D-JR

PostSubject: Re: What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most?   What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 5:20 am

Dragonclaw wrote:
Mines are X-Sabers. The thing is, when I play. I want to get out the monsters fast, other than. Wait one turn, summon, wait one turn. I wanna be fast.

Dark hole = you have 0 cards in hand now.
Back to top Go down
AsianGuy1137
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianGuy1137

Waifu : AsianGuy1137

PostSubject: Re: What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most?   What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 5:27 am

T.G. cuz I'm Asian. When one of us dies, another will take our place from our endless assembly lines... (j/k)

But Hero beat is really cool. They might not seem like much other than a 1900 vanilla beater, but when you combine them with other cards, they can own like crazy. Kinda symbolizes the main point of the game, to use cards that are weak (or useless if you have spark without a gemini) by themselves together to make them better.
Back to top Go down
AsianShadow
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianShadow

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ProdigyShadow

PostSubject: Re: What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most?   What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 5:31 am

I really dont have a favorite,most of my decks are pretty made by me and me only :P
But I'd have to say Six Samurais are my favorite just because haha :D
Haters gonna hate :P
Back to top Go down
AsianGuy1137
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianGuy1137

Waifu : AsianGuy1137

PostSubject: Re: What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most?   What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 5:33 am

Six Samurai? Never heard of them. I think the correct term you're looking for is Spamurai that can swarm the field turn 1 with absolutely no skill and then negate three cards per turn without using up any card advantage. I guess that makes me a hater.
Back to top Go down
☆_Nemlim_☆
WDA Member
WDA Member
☆_Nemlim_☆

PostSubject: Re: What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most?   What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 5:45 am

^lol, it does, but they die anyway this september.
as for mine:
1st is Psychic(idc about Mind Master), and then the 2nd one would be Mist Valley
if there's any 3rd, i'd place it for Falcon Control.

I hate DW so i keep my deck away from Dark Monster so i can main S-I.M. lol.
had never dueling anymore after DN launched Xyz though...just doesn't have time.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most?   What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most? EmptySat Aug 20, 2011 6:16 am

About year and a half ago I was getting into the competitive game, but I was struggling with my crappy chaos stun that I was using for the longest time (the fact I did not have that good a grasp of card presence didn't help. Not that I would waste 3 cards for one, but I used to use stuff like Tribute to the Doomed for example) and would get 2-2 scores and the such at locals. It was at that time that I entered the competitive game that Machina Mayhem was released. At first I was told to get one since it had stuff like dimensional prison and cyber dragon, but looking through the deck (wasn't much in online game yet so excuse my lack of netdecking abilities at the time) I realized this would work just fine at 3. Still I was not good enough, I would use pure machina with weird choices, then I used gadgets in there after being shown that fortress could be summoned by discarding a fortress and itself (yeah, I was an idiot, the people there were idiots too for not telling me), but still it was full of weird choices. However little by little, at the beggining by seeing other good players around me and starting to learn how to be efficient I kept making the deck better and getting better myself, until it is the solid control version that it is today that makes me get first at my locals more often than not.

At that time many picked up the machina gadget deck since it was the first structure deck to be released in the TCG to give us a competitive decktype by itself, and you will still see kids with machina decks playing and building the deck badly, although not as often as you'd see at the beggining. But while most of those kids moved on to gravekeepers, dragunity and agents, I stuck with my machines. You could say I grew up as a player alongside that machina gadget deck that was growing to be as great as it is now.

Second to that my attachment would be to chaos stun since I was using it for longer, but still making top tier chaos stun is something I am not done working on, of course there is no decklist yet.

As far as individual cards go, irl my favourite is mind crush, that tattered old mind crush is always in my deck and has killed many. Rarely dead and more like my lucky charm. Other than that Lonefire-chan and Trishula are just lovely. Lonefire used to be just so greatly versatile in the past 2 formats and Trishula is just the best synchro, getting a trish out is something I always like to aim to even if I dont get the best out of it, just because it's an amazing monster.

Yeah, that's where my favourites lie. So please don't call me a netdecker or define me with phrases involving bandwagons when I use Machina Gadget control now, it's only me and my favourite deck just catching a good wind with the Xyz season.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most?   What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most? Empty

Back to top Go down

What archtype/Deck do you feel that you connect with the most?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next