World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Revamping the RP Forum

Go down 
+5
raye
Unknown
Katarina
7h3 J0|{3r
J.J. Knight
9 posters
AuthorMessage
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

Revamping the RP Forum Empty
PostSubject: Revamping the RP Forum   Revamping the RP Forum EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 4:33 pm

As some of you know, I've been RPing for nearly six years now. I've been to several forums that have the RPing section, and even helped moderate a few when I was still in my youth and had the time. I've looked over the current WDA RP section and 90% of the time, it's dead. People rarely post in it, and not utilized. The RP section is an important piece to any forum that attracts writers who wish to write.

A Role Play, by definition, are two or more people interacting together to create a story. The current RP section is restricting the writer's creativity by forcing them into a plot that they are not interested in. What I suggest is to clean up the current RP section and let them RP on their own. Not only will this revamp the section, but it may attract more members who have interest in RPing.

Some common rules RP forums had were:

-Must be at least a paragraph (three sentences) long.
-Opening post must include who the RP is allowed to post (ex. (Closed to J. J. Knight)) and no one else except the moderators can post in it.
-Threads are allowed to be 'bumped' once a week.
-RPs will be moderated for content.
-RPs sometimes follow a certain genre (ex. WDA related).
-RPs must be completed in paragraph format (One I truly support. Script RP is not only lazy, but lacking in detail).

Those are a few that I remember.
Back to top Go down
7h3 J0|{3r
WDA Member
WDA Member
7h3 J0|{3r

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Jokercard

PostSubject: Re: Revamping the RP Forum   Revamping the RP Forum EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 5:16 pm

Karins comment deleted as it was nothing but spam.
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldduelingacademy.com
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

Achievement Points : 58
Waifu : Prinzessin Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Revamping the RP Forum   Revamping the RP Forum EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 5:27 pm

Its not spam, hes saying he want a new sort of rp right? So i said i'd like some sort of pokemon rp
Back to top Go down
7h3 J0|{3r
WDA Member
WDA Member
7h3 J0|{3r

Waifu : Jokercard

PostSubject: Re: Revamping the RP Forum   Revamping the RP Forum EmptyMon Aug 29, 2011 5:36 pm

No he was saying that the rp will stay yuigoh related but the rules needs to be changed so that it is better managed.
Back to top Go down
http://www.worldduelingacademy.com
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

PostSubject: Re: Revamping the RP Forum   Revamping the RP Forum EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 2:55 am

No, I didn't know you've been Rp'ing for six years.

As for the idea, I do agree, the RP has been dead and could use better managing to bring it back and as for the "Create Your Own RP" idea I'm all with it. It allows more creativity, but more work for the staff. :|
Back to top Go down
raye
WDA Member
WDA Member
raye

Achievement Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Revamping the RP Forum   Revamping the RP Forum EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 3:35 am

Jokers managing was horrible for the rp no offnese u suck at it but now someone who nknows how to do it has stepped forward. Hopefully we haev no limits this time in our rp make it like with supernatural powers or at least let us act out fanasty characters.
Back to top Go down
D JR
Key Mace
 Key Mace
D JR

Achievement Points : 22
Waifu : D-JR

PostSubject: Re: Revamping the RP Forum   Revamping the RP Forum EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 5:09 am

Raye that's a bad idea actually.. :/
Everyone or at least a noob at RP will have a God mode fantasy character and he won't let his very being die. Even if it bends reality a little too much.
Back to top Go down
raye
WDA Member
WDA Member
raye

PostSubject: Re: Revamping the RP Forum   Revamping the RP Forum EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 5:34 am

well u guy remember digi's rp she had a good thing for it even thouhg i dont know why it got turned down by the staff there is nothing wrong with it. im not saying create a god but just ating like normal people is not all that fun in rp cuz we are normal people and we live a norma l life so i was thinking a little fantasy since yugioh does have its own far share of fantasy like the shadow realm, soul stealers, real damage and real pain during a duel.
Back to top Go down
psychoturtle
WDA Member
WDA Member
psychoturtle

Waifu : IamPsychoturtle

PostSubject: Re: Revamping the RP Forum   Revamping the RP Forum EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 5:36 am

raye wrote:
well u guy remember digi's rp she had a good thing for it even thouhg i dont know why it got turned down by the staff there is nothing wrong with it. im not saying create a god but just ating like normal people is not all that fun in rp cuz we are normal people and we live a norma l life so i was thinking a little fantasy since yugioh does have its own far share of fantasy like the shadow realm, soul stealers, real damage and real pain during a duel.

Digi's RP was a great idea. I still don't get why it was rejected.
Back to top Go down
Dragonclaw
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dragonclaw

Waifu : Dragonpuff

PostSubject: Re: Revamping the RP Forum   Revamping the RP Forum EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 5:45 am

@Psychoturtle. They turned it down because it had blood and gore.
Back to top Go down
raye
WDA Member
WDA Member
raye

PostSubject: Re: Revamping the RP Forum   Revamping the RP Forum EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 5:56 am

oh come on yugioh has blood and gore in it well they have death in it isnt that just as bad as blood and gore
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: Revamping the RP Forum   Revamping the RP Forum EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 6:09 am

Let me make something clear for something I obviously missed.

When RPing a new RP, it's an agreement between two or more people. For example: Dragonclaw hosts an RP on a certain topic. He invites two people to post in it. Only those two people post as they know the plot and general direction. This will keep the RP organized because only those three will be participating and it will be 'closed' to only those. I've seen 'open' RPs were anyone was allowed to post, but it was always a disaster.
Back to top Go down
psychoturtle
WDA Member
WDA Member
psychoturtle

Waifu : IamPsychoturtle

PostSubject: Re: Revamping the RP Forum   Revamping the RP Forum EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 6:10 am

Dragonclaw wrote:
@Psychoturtle. They turned it down because it had blood and gore.

Its not like it involved killing and cutting body parts off.
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: Revamping the RP Forum   Revamping the RP Forum EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 6:12 am

Content does need to be moderated because there are young kids that join this forum and poke their heads to every nook and cranny (except for rules for some reason). We don't need a 9 year old read something for teenagers, despite the fact that 12 is the new 25.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Revamping the RP Forum   Revamping the RP Forum EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 6:27 am

I'm not sure I am allowed to reveal the circumstances under which the RP digi brought was dropped, but what's for certain is that it could not be held in that state. Raye, that one was too main character-centric, you were one of the privilaged people so of course you liked it, new people would find stupid the fact that certain people got special privilages.

Krobra, the RP is inactive now because it was left in free roam sort of mode after the last arc ended. We were busy with other things (like school), joker took a break and things were left alone until we could pick up again. I admit we took too long but I see no reason we can't start a new arc now.

Thing is we are not an RP site, we don't have users that are dedicated rp'ers enough to create a story on their own and not go off track. Right now some users invented the duel runner, back at the previous arc people started to either make motivational speach after motivational speech to try and take over the plot/main character status forcibly, forced the actions of other characters in their own posts, started teleporting and jumping from roof to roof while using their spider senses to sense any RP activity in the making and orb there instantly, while before the rules were modified 80% of the characters were orphans and Raye's character was the son of a devil and an angel hunted by heaven and hell, he was also an orphan. I'm not saying those because I want to insult the people in question, but to point out that we are no RP'ers, we just want to RP a bit for fun, and because we are like that we need directives to save people from looking too stupid, which is why arcs are made by the mods. And additionally, the main point of this RP is duels, those are left entirely on the players, their results dictate the development, their conversations are done RP style and posted. We are a yugioh forum so that is the center of it, that is why the story can be bent for them.
Back to top Go down
raye
WDA Member
WDA Member
raye

PostSubject: Re: Revamping the RP Forum   Revamping the RP Forum EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 6:34 am

maybe we shoul have another story jus tput someone in charge, personally i didnt like the position i was put in last story line and i mad eit clear that i didnt like it so that was my personal opinion on that. That is why i was anxious to start a new one or do something else
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: Revamping the RP Forum   Revamping the RP Forum EmptyTue Aug 30, 2011 6:38 am

I'm truly a fish out of water here when it comes to RPs. I miss the good o' days.

Seeing as the revamp is likely to fail, please lock this thread. I'd personally watch over the section if permitted.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Revamping the RP Forum   Revamping the RP Forum Empty

Back to top Go down

Revamping the RP Forum
Page 1 of 1