World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I think we have a problem....

Go down 
+5
Silver
Nour Force
Lupe
mido9
Ness
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Ness
WDA Member
WDA Member
Ness

Waifu : ness002

I think we have a problem.... Empty
PostSubject: I think we have a problem....   I think we have a problem.... EmptyWed Nov 23, 2011 6:42 pm

I don't know if anyone noticed, but we all love Yu-Gi-Oh! and it is still a BLODDY CHILDREN'S CARD GAME.
i think we all have a problem, beause this FLIPPING "CHILDREN"S CARD GAME" is a worldwide phenominom, and it is played by 10 to like 80 year olds, Any one see a problem here
Post your thoughts

I STILL THINK THIS CHILDREN'S CARD GAME ROCKS XD
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/ness0002
mido9
WDA Member
WDA Member
mido9

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : mido9

PostSubject: Re: I think we have a problem....   I think we have a problem.... EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 12:00 am

I think we have a problem.... SeriousBusiness
Back to top Go down
Lupe
WDA Member
WDA Member
Lupe

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Retired

PostSubject: Re: I think we have a problem....   I think we have a problem.... EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 1:02 am

mido9 wrote:

^
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: I think we have a problem....   I think we have a problem.... EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 2:54 am

Zero wrote:
mido9 wrote:

^
Ninja'd.
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Silver
Natura Wild-Boy
Natura Wild-Boy
Silver

Achievement Points : 38

PostSubject: Re: I think we have a problem....   I think we have a problem.... EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 3:32 am

well i thought the problem would be that we dont post alot these days at the forum ....

... children card game ... ya right ... have u ever seen a kid joins a
"Real Life Tournament" no way ... its all for 14 - 25 :P
i may make my own real life deck some day ....
some day means never ... o.o
Back to top Go down
Lupe
WDA Member
WDA Member
Lupe

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Retired

PostSubject: Re: I think we have a problem....   I think we have a problem.... EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 5:39 am

Silver wrote:
well i thought the problem would be that we dont post alot these days at the forum ....

Silver don't be racist, your local Toys R Us is full with YGO Boxes, some are lone meta decks in a big box, others are just those type of lucky 3-6 card packs.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

PostSubject: Re: I think we have a problem....   I think we have a problem.... EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 7:25 am

I think I could be categorized as a child since I am 12, so I can legally play a children's card game.
Back to top Go down
Destined777
Mirage Knight
Mirage Knight
Destined777

Achievement Points : 52
Waifu : Shido_Fuyuki

PostSubject: Re: I think we have a problem....   I think we have a problem.... EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 8:15 am

No no the problem is is that when I try to teach my dad a children's card game he can't understand it :O
That's like :insert random old persons name here: not understanding how to play hungry hungry hippo :P
Na but this Children's card game is ligitly at a high level of intellectualness xD
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: I think we have a problem....   I think we have a problem.... EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 9:02 am

Silver wrote:

We do get kids at our locals but let's be honest, they always get wrecked, getting one of those elementary school or a bit older opponents is equivilent to a "bye". Well, that's how the competitive face of games usually is, when one of the top tier decks costs over 1k dollars to make even with the lowest rarities available and you call the game a "children's" card game you are either stupid or ignorant. Not to say there are not kids who can afford stuff like that, you can have rich parents regardless of age, and many times I have seen the case of a child having a waaaaaay too expensive collection, that doesn't mean they know how to use it though, not being prejudiced towards younger people, but this does need some experience and some basic reasoning that takes a while to develop to play this game so there are much higher chances to find competent players among people that no longer have problems with second grade equations.

Take this example, at our locals there are children only tournaments (14-under I think, anyways, the dragon duel restrictions), albeit not weekly, for those kids that would get wrecked in the regular tournaments otherwise, and in YCSes every time there is this thing called Dragon Duel, a seperate tournament for children, if you've been following YCSes you know of them, they make feature matches of finals. And what I am getting at with this is:
Why would you need a children division if this was a children's card game? You don't make a seperate division for children if the game is dominated by children, you make it when it is dominated by non-children.

Now sure, playing with a starter deck and using anime rules because you find yusei to be the coolest guy ever is a sign of a children's card game and in general it is like that, but the competitive game is obviously not, especially in the TCG where there are high amounts of money going back and forth, you can enter a tournament for 4$, get 2nd place, win 4 packs, pull a tour guide, leave the shop with a 150$. The guy who got first already had 3 tour guides, he pulled none of them, bought all 3 for 400$, made his money back at some bigger tournaments and by ripping off children with lucky pulls. Ofc it also means you can lose a lot of money, and all those also mean that when you play competitivelly it stops being a children card's game for many reasons.
Back to top Go down
Vaati
Baby Dragon
 Baby Dragon
Vaati

Achievement Points : 15
Waifu : Vaati

PostSubject: Re: I think we have a problem....   I think we have a problem.... EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 11:04 am

I thought you came up with a serious problem... but this?
Back to top Go down
Ness
WDA Member
WDA Member
Ness

Waifu : ness002

PostSubject: Re: I think we have a problem....   I think we have a problem.... EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 8:00 pm

Weel, i don't mean that it is a REAL childrens card game, in the Abridged anime it is refered as a childrens card game, so it seems like it might be a shock to some, but it could be one in real like, but i doubt it
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/ness0002
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I think we have a problem....   I think we have a problem.... Empty

Back to top Go down

I think we have a problem....
Page 1 of 1