World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Malefic Problem

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Ness
WDA Member
WDA Member
Ness

Waifu : ness002

Malefic Problem Empty
PostSubject: Malefic Problem   Malefic Problem EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 11:51 am

This is a situation i am constantly put in when i play with my Malefic Deck:

On my field i have:
Malefic World
Field Barrier

My opponent activates Heavy Storm
Would in theory destroy Field Barrier first, so Malefic World would be destroyed
OR, would Field Barrier protect it, then get destroyed itself

Please Answer!!!!

Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/ness0002
Silver
Natura Wild-Boy
Natura Wild-Boy
Silver

Achievement Points : 38

Malefic Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malefic Problem   Malefic Problem EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 12:16 pm

the field will not be destroyed the only things that will destroy are the field barrier and the pride of a guy that send heavy storm to do the job of a MST
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

Malefic Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malefic Problem   Malefic Problem EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 12:23 pm

UDE Ruling wrote:
Cards or effects that would destroy all Spell Cards on the field like "Heavy Storm", or all cards on the field, like "Demise, King of Armageddon", can be activated while this card is in play, but the Field Spell Card will not be destroyed.
And to be certain I don't get the "it's outdated" twice in the same day, the ruling has an actual basis behind it, as most rulings do. No, neither in theory nor in practice does heavy storm destroy cards sequentially, it destroys them all at the same time (I don't really think I have to explain this one, why would it destroy them sequentially?), which would easily explain the situation, but if you really have to visualize it:
Heavy Storm tries to blast them both. While Field Barrier is on the field Malefic World cannot be destroyed, and when Field Barrier is not on the field it means Heavy Storm has already completed its job as it destroys everything once, at the same time so it cannot go for a re-sweep to kill Malefic World.
Back to top Go down
☆_Nemlim_☆
WDA Member
WDA Member
☆_Nemlim_☆

Achievement Points : 0

Malefic Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malefic Problem   Malefic Problem EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 12:54 pm

It was because the field protection is a mandatory effect,supposed that field barrier's effect is optional,like Shien's "my buddy as a shield.", you wouldn't be able to substitute the field with field barirer.
at least, it's wat OCG-logic used, i'm not really sure if TCG follow the same logic, or used it's own logic.

fhew...now i'm sure, u r not ness00...
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Malefic Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malefic Problem   Malefic Problem EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 1:08 pm

Actually I think substitute destruction is a different mechanic along with its own reasons for being destroyed as well (you cannot destroy something instead of something else if it would be destroyed as well, it is a simple reasoning if you think about it), although there wouldn't be any point in arguing that one if there is no optional effect which places the "cannot" condition on destruction.
Back to top Go down
☆_Nemlim_☆
WDA Member
WDA Member
☆_Nemlim_☆

Malefic Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malefic Problem   Malefic Problem EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 1:25 pm

original ruling:
Quote :
If "Spirit of the Six Samurai" and its equipped "Six Samurai" monster are going to be destroyed simultaneously by an effect like "Final Destiny", the "If the equipped monster would be destroyed, destroy this card instead." effect of "Spirit of the Six Samurai" can be applied. "Spirit of the Six Samurai" will be destroyed instead of the "Six Samurai" monster, and the "Six Samurai" monster will remain face-up on the field.[34]

made-up ruling:
Quote :
If an effect will simultaneously destroy "Spirit of the Six Samurai" and the "Six Samurai" monster it is equipped to, you will not be able to activate the effect of "Spirit of the Six Samurai" to save the equipped monster.[1]

spirit's effect is mandatory btw.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Malefic Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malefic Problem   Malefic Problem EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 1:42 pm

Yeah, the union rulings on the matter had been flunctuating quite a bit (which means nothing more than "we have been getting a bunch of mixed responses"), at least in the TCG. I remember the latest konami e-mail I have seen for the TCG (and just checked the judge forum to make sure, which confirms it) saying Spirit cannot substitute itself, which is in accordance to the general substitute destruction rule/way of understanding. Bottom line is, in the TCG spirit cannot substitute itself despite being mandatory and the general rule of not being able to be destroyed instead of something if the same card would be destroyed as well, applies. In the OCG I'd imagine the original OCG ruling applies instead.
Back to top Go down
Ness
WDA Member
WDA Member
Ness

Waifu : ness002

Malefic Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malefic Problem   Malefic Problem EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 6:07 pm

Al-Bhed wrote:
Yeah, the union rulings on the matter had been flunctuating quite a bit (which means nothing more than "we have been getting a bunch of mixed responses"), at least in the TCG. I remember the latest konami e-mail I have seen for the TCG (and just checked the judge forum to make sure, which confirms it) saying Spirit cannot substitute itself, which is in accordance to the general substitute destruction rule/way of understanding. Bottom line is, in the TCG spirit cannot substitute itself despite being mandatory and the general rule of not being able to be destroyed instead of something if the same card would be destroyed as well, applies. In the OCG I'd imagine the original OCG ruling applies instead.
How the hell did we get to talkin about Spirit of the Six from the Malefic World!?

Life isn't making sense at the moment!
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/ness0002
☆_Nemlim_☆
WDA Member
WDA Member
☆_Nemlim_☆

Malefic Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malefic Problem   Malefic Problem EmptySun Dec 04, 2011 6:31 pm

they have the same effect.
or a closely similar effect.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Malefic Problem Empty
PostSubject: Re: Malefic Problem   Malefic Problem Empty

Back to top Go down

Malefic Problem
Page 1 of 1