World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D

Go down 
+8
Red
psychoturtle
Nour Force
Vaati
Bakura Normal
Al-Bhed
Destined777
DigiDigi
12 posters
AuthorMessage
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D Empty
PostSubject: U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D   U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 9:07 am

Check this out...

As I change my persuasive essay topic from "On Anonymity/Privacy Issues on the Internet" To "Is Pizza a vegetable" Discuss your views of this.
Back to top Go down
Destined777
Mirage Knight
Mirage Knight
Destined777

Achievement Points : 52
Waifu : Shido_Fuyuki

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D   U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 9:16 am

{and for all the noobs, click "check this out" for the link}
Ye this is just plain bizarre.
Does that mean that if I top a donut with a cherry, it becomes a fruit? Can a I call the apple pastry I had for breakfast a fruit, too? What about my strawberry cheesecake? Because, if so, I will gladly have a fruit-heavy diet. - One of the comments.
I thought that was funny.
But ye i said most of everything I thought in the cbox :P
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D   U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 9:27 am

As much as I'd love to give an additional f*** about U.S. congress decisions, the SOPA has monopolized the few ones I'd give so...
http://americancensorship.org/

so, it's about serving pizzas at schools, right? I never understood the ban on foods anyways, if I remember correctly by my country's laws not even meat is allowed, is it the norm for children to be vegetarians? I though that being a vegetarian as a child hinders your development, if I didn't know any better I'd think the government is trying to lower the population, kill those children by lack of protein, problem solved.
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D   U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 9:31 am

@Al: Great points, this is indeed Conspiracy material. In addition, this is also an economic goal to bring the United States out of such a slippery mess. Capitalism/Mercantilism can do wonders to a government.
Back to top Go down
Bakura Normal
Fangless Vampire
 Fangless Vampire
Bakura Normal

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : Bakura normal

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D   U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 9:44 am

Pizza is a veg ?

U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D 3cd8a33a
Back to top Go down
Vaati
Baby Dragon
 Baby Dragon
Vaati

Achievement Points : 15
Waifu : Vaati

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D   U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 11:02 am

I mean, pizza is easy right? a basic pizza is some crispy bread with tomato and cheese, so ye it's a veg. But everything else added like salami or tuna isn't veg, so it's simple like that...

or is my simple minded mind to simple?
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D   U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 11:06 am

Vaati wrote:
I mean, pizza is easy right? a basic pizza is some crispy bread with tomato and cheese, so ye it's a veg. But everything else added like salami or tuna isn't veg, so it's simple like that...

or is my simple minded mind to simple?
The contents of the pizza has legal "vegetables" inside it's ingredients alongside some dairy and wheat. The dish is not apart of the vegetable group, nor is tomatoes, botanically speaking. That is like saying Apple Pie itself is a fruit.
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D   U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 3:43 pm

Pizza is a veggy?
Pizza cannot be a veggy due to its deliciousness, and due to a food's deliciousness it can NOT be a veggy, no matter what happens. and also, Pizza cannot be a veggy because if it was a veggy only one thing could happen.

U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D Earth_Exploding

The planet would explode into thousands of bits and pieces.
So, yeah...Explode meh, baby!
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
psychoturtle
WDA Member
WDA Member
psychoturtle

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : IamPsychoturtle

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D   U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 4:48 pm

Pizza is a veggy just as much as a tomato is.
Back to top Go down
Red
WDA Member
WDA Member
Red

Waifu : fireraven23

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D   U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 5:10 pm

Makes no sense. A vegetable a part of the plant which holds much of the nutrients. Pizza isn't part plant, it's made from dough. I think Destined put it quite well.
Back to top Go down
mido9
WDA Member
WDA Member
mido9

Waifu : mido9

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D   U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 11:20 pm

Al-Bhed wrote:
As much as I'd love to give an additional f*** about U.S. congress decisions, the SOPA has monopolized the few ones I'd give so...
http://americancensorship.org/

This.

People,stop caring about a freaking pizza and start worrying about how SOPA could shut down half the internet under the guise of "anti piracy".

That includes twitter,youtube,wikipedia,torrent websites and etc etc.
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D   U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 11:22 pm

Pizza is more important than this planet.
Twitter, Youtube, Wikipedia, Torrent websites and etc etc. are less important than this planet.
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D   U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D EmptyThu Nov 24, 2011 11:26 pm

99nour wrote:
Pizza is more important than this planet.
Twitter, Youtube, Wikipedia, Torrent websites and etc etc. are less important than this planet.
You don't know the meaning of pizza kid. But seriously, internet > everything, and then we have freedom of speech and expression and etc. etc.
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D   U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 1:04 am

Now, now kids. This is a Pizza topic, not the Internet topic.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Natura Wild-Boy
Natura Wild-Boy
Silver

Achievement Points : 38

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D   U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 1:28 am

u say ?? pizza is waaaa?? oh ****
and i was eating vegetables all the time ... o.o wth is this ,,, is this a joke
it is made of meat (sometimes)
or dough and .... extra cheese please?
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D   U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 1:51 am

I shouted against SOPA, but we should leave that for a different topic.
Also, while this does seem as a rather bizarre move, it was kind of necessary for organizing school meals. How they benefit is not for us to know. One reason would be to encourage schools to allow students to eat pizza, which happens to contain vegetable and fruit components, so one way or the other, they're indirectly giving children Vitamin-C that most lack due to terrible eating habits. You might not have anything up against vegetables, but many other children do. This is how the US Congress thinks: if you're not going to have any Vitamin-C or fibers, you might as well just go to Plan B and give it to them without sparking their attention.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D   U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 3:10 am

It's not about encouraging, it is within a country's laws, ministry directives or school regulations what kind of food school canteens/cafeterias can and cannot provide, I am not too familiar with the U.S. legislation (it's a mess anyways) but naming pizza a vegetable has to do with financial issues regarding the food industry, because even if this move was to limit instead of boosting the frozen food market for health issues and looking out after the american children or whatever, they wouldn't have gone through a roundabout way of using a loophole and going as far as to call cheese, meat and sauce sprinkled bread a vegetable, but they'd have done it openly because in politics when you do something "good for the people" you want it to be seen and easy to understand in order for it to be able to increase your popularity as much as possible.
Back to top Go down
Dragonclaw
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dragonclaw

Waifu : Dragonpuff

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D   U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D EmptyFri Nov 25, 2011 3:28 am

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/ezra-klein/post/did-congress-declare-pizza-as-a-vegetable-not-exactly/2011/11/20/gIQABXgmhN_blog.html

The topic says Congress declared tomato paste the vegetable, not pizza.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D   U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D Empty

Back to top Go down

U.S. Congress rules that pizza is a VEGETABLE :D
Page 1 of 1