World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The WDA Great Tournament. The Tournament of Endurance

Go down 
5 posters

Support?
Yes
The WDA Great Tournament. The Tournament of Endurance I_vote_lcap80%The WDA Great Tournament. The Tournament of Endurance I_vote_rcap
 80% [ 8 ]
No
The WDA Great Tournament. The Tournament of Endurance I_vote_lcap20%The WDA Great Tournament. The Tournament of Endurance I_vote_rcap
 20% [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Seluna
WDA Member
WDA Member
Seluna

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Luna

The WDA Great Tournament. The Tournament of Endurance Empty
PostSubject: The WDA Great Tournament. The Tournament of Endurance   The WDA Great Tournament. The Tournament of Endurance EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 9:35 pm

So I was fiddling around on the interwebz at 4am in the morning when an idea suddenly hit me. What if WDA had a new style of tournament?
The tournament will run as such.
RULES:
-ALL dueling is to take place on duelingnetwork.com
-Both WDA AND DN name must be provided upon entry
-250 credit buy in for Lv1 (first come first serve on Lv2-Lv4)
-ONE Lv4 player, up to THREE Lv3 players, up to FIVE Lv2 players, UNLIMITED Lv1 players
-Each player involved in the tournament MUST duel a full game (best 2/3) at least once a day otherwise their position will return to a Lv1
-A Lv1 must challenge a Lv2 in order to be awarded a Lv2 status (and so on for Lv2-Lv3 and Lv3-Lv4)
-If you defeat a Lv2 as a Lv1 duelist you and the Lv2 duelist switch Lv's (so on)
-A Lv1 cannot challenge a Lv3 or Lv4 and a Lv2 cannot challenge a Lv4

REWARDS: Upon the end of the tournament the person with the given Lv will receive the following
-Lv4: Title of WDA Champion, 1k in credits, One free "WDAGT1 Grand Champion" signature designed by (Volunteer here)
-Lv3: 300 credits, "Runner-up in WDAGT1" signature designed by (Volunteer here)
-Lv2: "WDAGT1 Lv2" signature designed by (Volunteer here)
-Lv1: "WDAGT1 Lv1" signature designed by (Volunteer here)

For this size of a tournament to take place i need the following things
[] Approval of admin(s) _____________
[] GFX (signature) designer who,yes, may also participate in the tournament. ______________
[] Custom title as WDAGT1 Host :D (well I don't NEED it but it would be nice...)

I will be the host of this tournament so any questions feel free to ask. Rulings go to the Mods on DN. I may or may not need another host so if an admin would like to help let me know (or just join yourself!!)

This post is mainly for the Admins so please let me know what your thoughts/ideas/opinions are through posts on here or through PM. Ill be on about the same time every night to edit the standings once a day and make sure all records are kept up to date.

Please post your input, it will all be taken to heart and used to better the development of this tournament.

Last edited by Seluna on Sun Dec 18, 2011 11:28 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : This should be a decision left solely up to the staff. Please share any input at all :))
Back to top Go down
Ness
WDA Member
WDA Member
Ness

Waifu : ness002

PostSubject: Re: The WDA Great Tournament. The Tournament of Endurance   The WDA Great Tournament. The Tournament of Endurance EmptySun Dec 18, 2011 10:29 pm

Sounds cool, just a great way to interact with other mebers of WDA that you may not be familiar with

also a new thing to do and a good change, also a great reason for lots of ppl to be around, so great convos in the Cbox
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/users/ness0002
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: The WDA Great Tournament. The Tournament of Endurance   The WDA Great Tournament. The Tournament of Endurance EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 12:04 am

I will talk as staff here, don't consider this just me shooting it down, I am trying to fix it, there are things wrong in everything, so do consider it.

I am worried about activity for this, way I see it, it will probably die down with only 2 people playing in the end, and that is first and foremost for the rule saying you have to duel at least once a day. I think I can say with confidence that for most of us that is impossible. Other than that less yugioh ability will be involved and more being maniac enough to get a lot of duels every day, so to give a general WDA champion title based on that would be a little weird, if you do the tournament in the end try a more specific title, like endurance champion or something. Another source for inactivity could be how complicated it is, it's not that people are stupid (hmm...) but more like the fact you can't just duel anyone and you are not told who to duel either, you have to find the few available people of exactly 1 level above you and play a match with them (or play with a same level person for no reason other than not missing the deadline which is also exhausting), and the fact this has to be done every 24 hours makes this harder.

Now if you combine this with the fact people have to pay credits to enter a tournament they will probably get inactive in while also fearing a blacklist warning if available based on the unreasonable 24 hour limit, it probably won't get off, and if it does it will get down again almost instantly.

1k credits is waaaaaay too much for a tournament, don't judge it based on testers, we get 250 credits on each test and that is because we do actual work (not that it is proper compensation for the time we put in it considering it is just virutal credits, it's mostly symbolic), as for the rest with insane amounts, it's because there are not many things to spend them on here. Speaking of credits and since we never use that option, check this http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/t10-world-dueling-offical-profile-shop.

I don't remember that but are you sure you can call admin in unrated? To solve the ruling issues I mean. If not do they have to do all their duels in rated?
Back to top Go down
Seluna
WDA Member
WDA Member
Seluna

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Luna

PostSubject: Re: The WDA Great Tournament. The Tournament of Endurance   The WDA Great Tournament. The Tournament of Endurance EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 12:10 am

im not sure how DN works their mods but im friends with a few.
anyways the credit thing was an extra thing. either way the whole idea was the Lv1-Lv4 system to give a new way to play.
If you have any edits to make just work with me and we can figure this out. this is built so that it would increase activity and at the same time give either a short term or long term tournament. if its long term then people can take a break but i dont want it to be so long that the person at Lv4 just stays there and doesnt compete. i want it to be a constant battle for the top.
Back to top Go down
Bakura Normal
Fangless Vampire
 Fangless Vampire
Bakura Normal

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : Bakura normal

PostSubject: Re: The WDA Great Tournament. The Tournament of Endurance   The WDA Great Tournament. The Tournament of Endurance EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 2:10 am

well if this ever gets off il sign up to be the gfx'er
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: The WDA Great Tournament. The Tournament of Endurance   The WDA Great Tournament. The Tournament of Endurance EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 2:18 am

Me too!
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: The WDA Great Tournament. The Tournament of Endurance   The WDA Great Tournament. The Tournament of Endurance EmptyMon Dec 19, 2011 5:59 am

Seluna wrote:
im not sure how DN works their mods but im friends with a few.
Most of us are but whether they'd be on standby to answer rulings on unrated duels is a different matter. anyways, not that we have often judges in the tournaments, just so we are clear on that thing.
Seluna wrote:
anyways the credit thing was an extra thing. either way the whole idea was the Lv1-Lv4 system to give a new way to play.
If you have any edits to make just work with me and we can figure this out. this is built so that it would increase activity and at the same time give either a short term or long term tournament. if its long term then people can take a break but i dont want it to be so long that the person at Lv4 just stays there and doesnt compete. i want it to be a constant battle for the top.
It is up to the players to want to win, if the lv3s don't wanna go lv4 then that's their issue, they lose he wins, but if someone is already lv4 this is forcing him to find duels every day, pointlessly since there is nothing to gain, and if people avoid him he loses everything because people were either chickening out or they wanted it to happen.

Generally you can't force people to be active, you give them incentives to be active, because if you try and force them by rules then they'll just say "screw it", drop it and won't bother.

I can tell you what is wrong with the tournament but I don't have the time to work on it, as TO that would be your job, just trying to point out some things so it won't flop because at the end of the day all I have to do is adjust the prizes to reasonable amounts, adjust the title since this is a special tournament, and then have you make the order at the profile shop and leave you to try and manage it whether people play in it or not in the end. At least that's my take on it, if another staff has issues they would have to bring them up.

So if you feel the tournament is ok as is and I am not being realistic, I'll just fix the prizes and title and give you the go ahead, if you feel something needs fixing in the basic structure, fix it. That is all from me.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The WDA Great Tournament. The Tournament of Endurance   The WDA Great Tournament. The Tournament of Endurance Empty

Back to top Go down

The WDA Great Tournament. The Tournament of Endurance
Page 1 of 1