World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Next Powerhouse: Neo Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon

Go down 
+3
rjuto
Legendaryfrost
raye
7 posters
AuthorMessage
raye
WDA Member
WDA Member
raye

Achievement Points : 4

Next Powerhouse: Neo Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Next Powerhouse: Neo Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon   Next Powerhouse: Neo Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:05 am

Next Powerhouse: Neo Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon NeoGalaxyEyesPhotonDragon-GAOV-JP-OP

3 Level 8 monsters
When this card is Xyz Summoned using "Galaxy-Eyes Photon Dragon" as Xyz Material: Negate the effects of all other face-up cards on the field. Once per turn: You can detach 1 Xyz Material from this card; detach all Xyz Material from monsters your opponent controls. This turn, this card gains 500 ATK for each Xyz Material detached, and during this turn's Battle Phase, this card can attack equal to the number of Xyz Materials detached by this effect.

Some predicting this card is already hard to summon but has anyone not heard of Holy Marked. Holy Marked makes NGEPD very easy to summon thanks to the help of REDMD. To put in a special bonus if GEPD is used as Xyz materials all face-up card effects are negated.

So everyone you can now start commenting on this card and have fun with it

Back to top Go down
Legendaryfrost
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Legendaryfrost

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Next Powerhouse: Neo Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon   Next Powerhouse: Neo Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 9:50 am

Just an OTK card, but simple spells and traps can get rid of it though the huge attack bonus it can get might not be so bad, still. The only deck capable atm of getting it out a deck that brings out GEPD or the Holy Markers.
Back to top Go down
rjuto
WDA Staff
 WDA Staff
rjuto

Achievement Points : 28

PostSubject: Re: Next Powerhouse: Neo Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon   Next Powerhouse: Neo Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:04 am

Quasar > This

NGEPD gets raped like a boss by random trap card, from Solemns to Sakuretsu Armor.

Could work against trapless decks, but it's still a big meh card.
Back to top Go down
Neku Sakuraba
Young Fiend
 Young Fiend
Neku Sakuraba

Achievement Points : 15
Waifu : Neku Sakuraba

PostSubject: Re: Next Powerhouse: Neo Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon   Next Powerhouse: Neo Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:28 am

i agree with rjuto,but thinkking about it,you need 3 lvl 8 monsters,meaning you have and will prepare the field for its summon,so you have more possibilities for it to survive
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Next Powerhouse: Neo Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon   Next Powerhouse: Neo Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 10:39 am

WTF PEOPLE, CAN'T YOU SEE DRAGONIC TACTICS IN HOLY MARKED WITH A GEPD IN DECK?!!!

But seriously, too nerfed if you ask me. Maybe a surprise otk in holy marked if the opponent has the appropriate xyz but that's all, the minus you go through for this is just not worth it unless you are winning that turn. Kinda like the Trident Dragon of Holy Marked if you think about it. It would be fun to pull this off against a lone, full utopia (2+1 direct attacks with 5500 ATK) but with the given resources you'd have much more options. I am going to give it credit for something though, when a player hides behind a lone zenmaines or gachi with no other protection (inzektors/tour guide settup/agents), safely gathering cards, while you have a tefnut/holy marker of gathering and a dragorado.

I would consider it if the first effect was similar to skill drain or something but it just hits what is face up when it's summoned apparently (yes, I can read the text and am able to tell without looking it up, but it's an unreleased card and a translation so the text cannot be trusted alone), so that makes using GEPD not worth it at all... If this is trigger (again need to know the rulings on this to be sure) it can even get hit by bottomless and friends actually, its effect activates when summoned as chain link 1, you chain any summon response in chain link 2 and it resolves before the negation...

So, yeah, the "situational surprise otk of holy marked that you pull off by using resources you could have used to ensure victory anyways if you are able to otk in the first place". And I am saying this because if you can get through a summon of something like that and go through with multiple attacks, you could have probably gained control using the same resources without the card. Unless the opponent is purposelly stalling with something like zenmaines.

as a sidenote, I don't see what redmd has to do with this, isn't it just dragorado + tefnut or random tefnut isis combo or something? I mean, yeah, sure, redmd will bring a dragon, but you already have to banish a dragon which you could have tributed anyways for shu/nepthys/heck isis getting you that same holy marker which would be the end result (considering you won't use redmd so other than that you are just gathering "shine balls"). Way I see it, dragorado + tefnut = ngepd, shu/nepthys + tefnut + isis = ngepd,
stuff-that-would-have-already-gone-ngepd-probably + redmd = ngepd
Back to top Go down
raye
WDA Member
WDA Member
raye

Achievement Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Next Powerhouse: Neo Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon   Next Powerhouse: Neo Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon EmptySun Jan 29, 2012 2:36 pm

tribute 2 holy markers for red eyes then special summon a level 8 from grave that easily and yes this does actually happen if NGEPD was released right now i would have summoned it 5 time already or more.
I wasn't also sure about the text so i should have mentioned its not confirmed yet but i put the English text cuz i cant translate Japanese sorry Japanese people this American cant speak your language so don't take offense too it.

I know its not going to be as great as quasar (i just put the next powerhouse to have this topic draw attention) but this card is a quasar for XYZ (just without the whole once per turn negation effect) and just like Ouroboros its a Trishula for XYZ.

Well Al, I agree with you the only way u will summon this is if your winning since i know holy marked cant have a big hand for long. You also answered my question i was wondering about the negate effect since i have seen trap stun and it can negate all traps so i was wondering if this effect was similar to it or the same.
Back to top Go down
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

Achievement Points : 58
Waifu : Prinzessin Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Next Powerhouse: Neo Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon   Next Powerhouse: Neo Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:05 am

this card is a red nova nr 2 with a weaker ability if u ask me.. lol
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Meheheh

PostSubject: Re: Next Powerhouse: Neo Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon   Next Powerhouse: Neo Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 12:33 am

For one of those cards that are meant to be epic legendary, it's underpowered down there with BEUD. The only reason I can think of for using it is, as Al said, when they have a lone Zenmaines or Utopia or something, or when they have a high ATK monster you want to deal with, without destroying the rest of your field.
Meh to that.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Next Powerhouse: Neo Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon   Next Powerhouse: Neo Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon Empty

Back to top Go down

Next Powerhouse: Neo Galaxy Eyes Photon Dragon
Page 1 of 1