World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Tournament Area

Go down 
+9
The Cynical Duelist
Lupe
Nour Force
Dragonclaw
akaFila
Bakura Normal
Neku Sakuraba
Unknown
Fish
13 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Meheheh

Tournament Area - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Tournament Area   Tournament Area - Page 2 EmptyMon Jan 30, 2012 5:53 am

First topic message reminder :

The entire Tournament Area was packed into one large square area, dominated by a gigantic dome-shaped building with what looked like a glass roof. Inside, a thin outer layer of the arena was built from multiple stalls and bars for food and souvenirs, with a huge inner layer consisting of 4 dueling fields lying in a rectangular shape, surrounded by huge seating stands. This created an effective all-in-one field, where entire tournaments could be carried out without spectators having to even leave their seats.
The glass dome magnified the sunlight which shone down, warming the fields and the spectator stands to a comfortable level, even in winter, whilst creating a beautiful sight when the fields were empty; a waterfall of light cascading onto the well-kept grass which made up the dueling fields.
Back to top Go down

AuthorMessage
Bakura Normal
Fangless Vampire
 Fangless Vampire
Bakura Normal

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : Bakura normal

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 2:47 am

Sentan was half asleep on the bench when he heard a sigh from the side of him, he looked confused as he sat up and looked to his right to see a new girl by his side,relaxing. He ponderd what to do for a second before opening his mouth.

"Erm, hello, my name is Sentan, whats yours."

He waited for her reply.
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 2:59 am

Before replying, it took Niki a little longer than casual to reply, thinking which would be best; To pretend she didn't hear him, or to try and talk to him. She looked at him, and she thought he seemed sorta nice. She stopped leaning. "I.. I'm Niki. She said in a quiet voice, trying to make a good impression without getting in a mess (Shy). She stayed quiet for a second, then asked "Umm.. Do.. Do you want to duel?"
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Bakura Normal
Fangless Vampire
 Fangless Vampire
Bakura Normal

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area - Page 2 EmptyTue May 08, 2012 5:24 am

Sentan took his deck out of his deck holder and places it into his duel disk and stands up.

"Sure , nice to meet you by the way Niki."

He stood there and waited for her to activated her disk.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
WDA Member
WDA Member
Narrator

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 5:14 am

Destroying and rebuilding is as one would expect a tedious task, requiring plenty of work-hours. As a result of that there are unfortunate tournament comitee executives still on site of the new duel arena, and among them was the man who recently gained the nickname 'Bob'. He was otherwise pleased, not having his planning disturbed, lazily working, until he saw a sign of bad things to come. A familiar black BMW returned to the site of the crime, less than 24 hours after the signups opened, merely at the afternoon of the first day. As Richard Andrews exits the car, 'Bob' worried decides to do something he'll probably regret, he approaches Richard Andrews, who is hastily walking towards the duel arena, to question him on the occasion, walking alongside him.

"Mr. Andrews, I didn't expect you back here so soon. Is there a special reason?"
"What are you talking about Bob, the tournament starts tonight!"
"Oh, I see..."
'Bob' walks a bit slower in thought, but then stumbles upon realizing what he heard and tries to once again catch up to Richard Andrews's fast pace once again surprised
"Wait, what?! You- I mean Mr. Andrews, why woud it start tonight?!"
"Haha, as always Bob, you are so many steps behind. Allow me to enlighten you.
We need participants to start a tournament, we actually need those kids.
BUT we don't!
If we do need them they'll have the upper hand, therefore we have to make them believe we don't need them! Don't join our tournament, there are plenty others who would do it, you lost your chance!
Truthfully I consulted with some of my partners and they told me chances are that even if we waited a few more days we would only get about an additional 12% in participation. That 12% we can certainly do without and in return make the tournament faster and have the upper hand!
THAT is how you become successful Bob!"
'Bob' follows Mr. Andrews' thoughts but tries hard to find a good arguement in the little time he has
"I understand that but are you sure it has to be today?! It's too early for everyone to be notified of the tournament, there is a good chance we'll get more participants if we wait just one more day. One day isn't that much and we would still have the upper hand as you say Mr. Andrews since the time is short."
Richard Andrews stops and looks at Bob.
"That is a good arguement Bob, I'm surprised!"
Then he resumes his fast pace towards the arena
"But not good enough to make me waste time or make me go back on my word. Tournament starts tonight!"

Richard Andrews heads inside and announces the tournament starting in a few hours, leaving behind him an unusually frustrated tournament commitee executive.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area - Page 2 EmptyThu May 10, 2012 8:07 am

"Well that was quick," Jason said to himself. "Well what should I do in the meantime?"
Jason decided to walk over to a bar. He requested some fruit juice and in return was given a tall, clean glass filled with pure and delicious apple juice with exactly 3 ice cubes to keep the drink cool, since, as everyone knows, cold tastes better.
"They certainly have good service," Jason commented. With the glass, he sat down on the comfortable leather sofas they had nearby and just relaxed until the announcement of the beginning of the tournament came.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
WDA Member
WDA Member
Narrator

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:04 am

The tournament started a few hours ago and it was now close to midnight. After 5 quick rounds of swiss, the 58 entrants were now down to a top 8.

Spectators were waiting at that time in the lounges, watching either from the big screens or large window or balcony view the games of the swiss rounds, which were all taking place in the central, large arena. Even though there were other arenas in the place none have been used for these rounds, however there were closed windows and balcony exits so it was a good guess to say those were for the other arenas.

The top 8 had yet to be announced, as the scores for every round were hidden and some participants were still in the main arena while some had gone to the nearby lounge for players, in the arena.
The lights then turned off, and a single light shined on the north balcony of the arena, which only staff could access. From that balcony came a man the players had yet to meet, as the host up to now was a young lady. However this time it seemed that part belonged to this man.

"Good evening everyone, I hope you are all having a good time. Of course there is a good chance you are not having a good time if you are losing, but that's life, and frankly irrelevant now, to be honest that was just niceties for the introduction. I am Richard Andrews, host of the Grand Welcome Tournament and a very successful man who dislikes slow talk. Time is money and talk is fun, so if you waste time you might as well talk as much as possible, wouldn't you agree? But that's of course not what you are waiting for, I'm sure you are waiting to hear which 8 of you made it to the elimination round of this tournament and all I am doing is adding to your anxiety. Excuse me, I felt like teasing you to be honest.

And staying true to the spirit of teasing, let me first tell you about this dueling arena. You have only seen the central one and as you may have noticed by now there are many others. But they are not all the same, in fact all of them are special arenas to add a bit of spice in the duel. If of course you want a normal duel without distractions, you can always get out and leave the tournament, I won't mind. But if you do want a more exciting duel and to entertain these people, then you should stay. Then again I can tell you all want to stay and want to know more about these arenas, so I'll tell you!

Out of those arenas, we will use 4 for the first elimination round!

First is the Canyon Arena. It's designed to give you the feel of playing at the bottom of a narrow canyon, surrounded by rock formations, stepping on dried dirt. In that wilderness Core Sabersworn will face off against John Ngyuen!

Second is the Steel Arena. There you'll duel in a steel cage surrounded by menacing spikes. In that Steel Arena Sentan Senna will face off against Alexandre Belenus!

Third is the Haunted Arena. In a dim room with a complete haunted house feel, Loki Tribbiani will duel Hunter Riser...

And last is the Edge Arena! On the outside part of the arena, 36 feet high, staring at the ground through the steel wire fence that will serve as your footing, Jason Zen will duel Niki Catroll!

Lucky 8, either drop your fears or keep them and give us a good show! With that, let the first elimination round begin!"

Richard Andrews leaves the balcony looking satisfied, while the exit of the main arena, opposite to the main entrance, that had not opened at all yet, now opens for the top 8 to enter the special arenas.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
WDA Member
WDA Member
Narrator

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:06 am

RP mod post: It was assumed in the story that there were a lot of participants (because it would be weird if there were only 8 ), and the 8 rp'ers are the ones who advanced to the top 8, leaving all other assumed people behind. Please don't needlessly bring up things from the imaginary swiss rounds.
If you are too lazy to go through the text above, these are the matchups: http://challonge.com/wdarpofe2
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 9:46 am

Jason paused for a moment and then he sighed.
"Of course I get the worst arena possible," Jason grumbled. "Any other one would've done! But NOOOOO. It had to be up like a gajillion feet in the air. it's like these people knew I'm afraid of heights."
Jason plunged his chin into his palms and sulked for a moment.
"Gah. There's no use in sitting around."
So Jason got up from his seat and he walked over to his designated arena, that was on the opposite side of the area from where he was. Jason reached the arena and slipped his duel disk onto his arm. He walked onto the platform and it raised him up. He stepped off onto the sturdy steel wires that were to prevent him from falling. And now, the wait for his opponent begins.
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 5:17 pm

Alucard Knight wrote:
Sentan took his deck out of his deck holder and places it into his duel disk and stands up.

"Sure , nice to meet you by the way Niki."

He stood there and waited for her to activated her disk.

(We couldn't get the time to duel. My internet, and his schedule)
~
Niki was about to activate her duel disk, but she was interrupted by the sound of the announcer. (The one announcing the tournament will start in a few hours). O-Oh, I think it's best to get ready for the tournament... I'm just gonna... Niki walked to get a cocktail drink, nice and cold.
(There. That's what happened.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Niki practically froze for a few seconds, until she thought. We won't fall.. These people won't let us fall.. Y-Yeah! It's all just a tournament! They won't let their contestants just fall like that.. Agh, no.. Just, don't look down.. She ran over to the arena, wearing her duel disk. Niki looked down, until she snapped out of it when she noticed her opponent was there, waiting for her. She activated her duel disk.
Back to top Go down
akaFila
Splash Duelist
 Splash Duelist
akaFila

Achievement Points : 28
Waifu : ~akaFila~

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area - Page 2 EmptyFri May 11, 2012 11:07 pm

Loki sighed and ran a hand through his hair as the announcement was given. "I would have much rather had that Edge Arena.. Oh well." He told himself as he slid his deck into his duel disk and made his way to his designated zone. The duelist he was to face would offer an interesting match up, though it may be hard to focus on that will the surroundings being fairly freaky.

Loki stood in his spot, his eyes traveling around the Haunted Arena as he awaited his opponent.
Back to top Go down
Dragonclaw
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dragonclaw

Waifu : Dragonpuff

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 1:11 am

"Yeah! I'm in the top 8!" Core smiled at looked at the match-ups. Core Sabershrown vs John Nguyen. I wonder who's that, they weren't on the Ocean Floor Explorer, must've been in a different boat. He then made his way to a bench, and sat down, patiently waiting for his opponent to appear.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 1:30 am

I'd say this has been a long day but I have been in longer tournaments really, and as I made it to the top 8 it only means the day may get longer.

I make my way to the Steel Arena trying to remember who my opponent was, but in vain.

As I enter the arena I take some time to notice my surroundings, seeing that while there is a lot of space the steel cage is a dome, closed off in every direction. There are also lone steel bars lying around as well as spiky ones, on the ground and hanging off the walls.
A while after entering, a steel door falls behind me sealing the exit. I really dislike things like prisons, as most people would of course, but to a bigger extend. I'm slightly annoyed at this turn of events, even if I know this is fake.
The vibrations from the fall of the door cause parts of the cage to produce metallic noise as well. I look at the direction of the main source of this noise, the ceiling, only to notice parts of it moving in a disturbing way, some even looking like they are about to disconnect. Now that I think about it, this place was made in a very short time, so it is possible it isn't that sturdy...
No way, right...?

I shake my head a couple of times slowly, trying to take my mind off of images of myself buried under steel bars and spikes, and then sit down on the ground to relax...

Top 8, huh? This is an interesting day at least...
Back to top Go down
Bakura Normal
Fangless Vampire
 Fangless Vampire
Bakura Normal

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area - Page 2 EmptySat May 12, 2012 2:19 am

Sentan walked into the steel arena calmly, he hadn't heard his opponents name so this was a suprise to him . When he got fully into the arena the iron door shut behind him. Sentan turned quickly , startled. He was locked in here now, this wasn't really his idea of a fun tournament but he moved on and took his spot facing his already present opponent. Sentan nodded in acknowlegement as he slid his deck into the duel disk.

"My name is Sentan Senna, good luck to you"

And the game was on , Inzektors vs evols.:
Spoiler:

Sentan nodded at him again as he walked over to his defeated opponent. When he reached him he held out his hand , offering a handshake.

"That was close. I enjoyed that duel, one of the best i've had in a while. Thank you alexandre."
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area - Page 2 EmptySun May 13, 2012 3:57 am

Spoiler:

Goo.. Y-Yeah.. Good game.. The duel had ended, and Niki was victorious. Niki was about to go out of the arena, or wherever she has to go now, until she looked at the steel wire fence again. She had forgotten about that in the duel. She only stood in place, waiting for others to continue dueling.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area - Page 2 EmptySun May 13, 2012 4:02 am

"Well see you around," Jason said. He waved and stepped on to the platform. On the ground he silently walked to the bathroom, locked him inside a stall and bawled. It was the most traumatic moment of his life. (Except maybe when he was stuck in that closet.)
Back to top Go down
akaFila
Splash Duelist
 Splash Duelist
akaFila

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area - Page 2 EmptySun May 13, 2012 10:54 am

Spoiler:

"Good game man," Loki called over the dueling field as his duel disk died down, his field of dragons vanish before his eyes just before he returned his deck to its protector. Tribbiani made his way towards his opponent and offered out a hand in a friendly jester. "It really was refreshing to place a fellow dragon player.. Though, it would have been a better meeting in a different arena.." He added, glancing around at the eerie arena that they were thrown into.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area - Page 2 EmptyThu May 17, 2012 9:15 pm

RP mod messege: Tommorow I am flipping a coin to see whether saberboy or asian advances if the duel is not done. If you think you are active and your opponent is inactive, pm me with the details.
Back to top Go down
Narrator
WDA Member
WDA Member
Narrator

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 2:52 am

The tournament official that hosted the first rounds appears on all screens
"With that, the quarterfinals are over.
John Ngyuen did not arrive on time at the designated arena and gets a game loss. The top 4 is

Core Sabersworn
Sentan Senna
Niki Catroll
Loki Tribbiani

The semi-finals will take place at the half arenas. At the central area, those arenas, cut off from each other, both have each one of the 3 entrances to the final underground arena. The winners and finalists will enter the underground arena from their entrance, while the rest of the top 8 along with a few tournament executives will be the only ones allowed to use the third entrance and watch the game live, while everyone else will have to settle for the broadcast for the final game.
Core Sabersworn vs Niki Catroll in the South Arena
Sentan Senna vs Loki Tribbiani in the North Arena
The semi-finals start in 10 minutes."

The screens show now the 2 semi-final arenas and information on the semi-finalists while everyone is waiting for the round to begin.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Meanwhile:
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 7:36 am

The announcement ringed around the empty bathroom. Jason wept a couple more tears and got out of the stall to wash his face of it's dry tears and hands. He exited the bathroom and went to see the girl he had lost to, which he found out was Niki since the others were boy's names, duel. The entrance went underground and lead to a balcony above the dueling arena below.
"Wow. A whole arena carved out underground," Jason whispered. "These people are really amazing."
Back to top Go down
Dragonclaw
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dragonclaw

Waifu : Dragonpuff

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 11:07 am

Narrator wrote:
The tournament official that hosted the first rounds appears on all screens
"With that, the quarterfinals are over.
John Ngyuen did not arrive on time at the designated arena and gets a game loss. The top 4 is

Core Sabersworn
Sentan Senna
Niki Catroll
Loki Tribbiani

The semi-finals will take place at the half arenas. At the central area, those arenas, cut off from each other, both have each one of the 3 entrances to the final underground arena. The winners and finalists will enter the underground arena from their entrance, while the rest of the top 8 along with a few tournament executives will be the only ones allowed to use the third entrance and watch the game live, while everyone else will have to settle for the broadcast for the final game.
Core Sabersworn vs Niki Catroll in the South Arena
Sentan Senna vs Loki Tribbiani in the North Arena
The semi-finals start in 10 minutes."

The screens show now the 2 semi-final arenas and information on the semi-finalists while everyone is waiting for the round to begin.

Meanwhile:

"I advance, due to my opponent not arriving? Fudge." Core stared at the screen, 'Me versus Niki Catroll... Who ever that is, that's a funny last name. Catroll, hehe.' Core made his way to the south arena. While at the entrance, he hesitated for a brief second, that entered.
'Semi-finals, how intense.' He then stood around, looking for his opponent.
Back to top Go down
akaFila
Splash Duelist
 Splash Duelist
akaFila

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 11:39 am

After having heard the announcements informing everyone within the building of the semi finals, Loki made his way towards the field at which his match would be taking place, the North Arena. Once at the entrance, the duelist took a brief moment, inhaling a deep breath of air before heading down towards the field.
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area - Page 2 EmptySat May 19, 2012 4:18 pm

"Against Core Sabersworn.. Whoever that is.. Alright." I thought, before walking over to the south arena. I saw someone there. So, I activated my duel disk.
" I..I'm N-Niki.." I said.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Tournament Area   Tournament Area - Page 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

Tournament Area
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2