World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Hunger Games

Go down 
+7
akaFila
Fish
rjuto
Unknown
Gusto Emissary
Lupe
Dr. Chuckles
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Dr. Chuckles
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dr. Chuckles

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Dr. Chuckles

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 2:39 am

AMAZING!!! a bit of a long movie but that just might have been cuz i went and saw the midnight premiere right after work. i don't like reading but the movie has made me want to read the whole series so just saying for any fans or anyone wondering how the movie was; IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!
Back to top Go down
Lupe
WDA Member
WDA Member
Lupe

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Retired

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 2:43 am

Dr. Chuckles wrote:
AMAZING!!! a bit of a long movie but that just might have been cuz i went and saw the midnight premiere right after work. i don't like reading but the movie has made me want to read the whole series so just saying for any fans or anyone wondering how the movie was; IT WAS AMAZING!!!!!

One of 'em horror movies eh? Never dared to watch The Hunger Games or see it's trailer because everybody talks about it so much.
Back to top Go down
Gusto Emissary
WDA Member
WDA Member
Gusto Emissary

Waifu : Darkmega500

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 6:51 am

I read the Hunger Games book last year in 8th grade. I liked the book and I do wanna watch the movie but I don't even have any money. Glad you enjoyed it though o:
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 7:01 am

I share your feelings Darkmega. :P Don't have a ride either. I'm currently looking to check out the second book of the series from my local library but it's really popular.
Back to top Go down
rjuto
WDA Staff
 WDA Staff
rjuto

Achievement Points : 28

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 7:17 am

Oh I'm hungry now, thanks for reminding me. Going to eat a sandwich.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Waifu : Meheheh

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 8:31 am

I loved the books but now I'm dubious on the movie. I don't want it to go the way of Percy jackson and Jumper, where the books were amazing and the movie is absolutely terrible.
Hell, Jumper may as well have been a completely seperate story. They roughly, vaguely followed the first page of the book or so, then completely went off on a tangent as David went off and did a bunch of random stuff that was never mentioned in the book, occasionally popping in and out of the storyline. It was terrible. Jumper is my favourite book.
So now I don't wanna see Hunger Games 'cause I don't want my view of it to be ruined Dx
Back to top Go down
Gusto Emissary
WDA Member
WDA Member
Gusto Emissary

Waifu : Darkmega500

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 10:49 am

Quote :
I share your feelings Darkmega. Don't have a ride either. I'm currently looking to check out the second book of the series from my local library but it's really popular.

I don't need a ride to get to the movie theatre ._. I really have no money on me so I'm missing it. Also, my friend read the whole series and said that the last book ruined it for her. My 8th grade English teacher said the same thing

Quote :
I loved the books but now I'm dubious on the movie. I don't want it to go the way of Percy jackson and Jumper, where the books were amazing and the movie is absolutely terrible.
Hell, Jumper may as well have been a completely seperate story. They roughly, vaguely followed the first page of the book or so, then completely went off on a tangent as David went off and did a bunch of random stuff that was never mentioned in the book, occasionally popping in and out of the storyline. It was terrible. Jumper is my favourite book.
So now I don't wanna see Hunger Games 'cause I don't want my view of it to be ruined Dx

Now you've made me anxious that the movie is gonna suck >< I don't want to know that it turned out like Jumper if I'm gonna be buying one of those bootleg copies xp D:
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 12:29 pm

I heard that they followed the story as close as possible with cutting out only the parts that absolutely needed to be cut, like the hair-plucking scene or something.
Back to top Go down
akaFila
Splash Duelist
 Splash Duelist
akaFila

Waifu : ~akaFila~

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 1:50 pm

Im hearing that the movie is both good and pretty long. Sounds yummy, BUT the fact that all the people going to see this will turn it into another Twilight ordeal pisses me off. There will be Team Gale and Peeta crap everywhere, and the series will just be compared to Twilight far too much when they have nothing in common. >_>
Back to top Go down
Joker
WDA Member
WDA Member
Joker

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Jokercard

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 5:00 pm

The Books are fantastic, I saw the movie today and it is very true to the books. I would give the movie a 9/10 It is a bit long but there is enough action and eye catching moments in the movie to make the 2.5 hours worth it.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptySat Mar 24, 2012 7:29 pm

Sounding better and better. The only thing I've yet to see is, as Fila said, turning it into a twilight ordeal. But I doubt it'll happen on too much of an extreme level.

http://www.collegehumor.com/video/6743777/the-hunger-games-game
Back to top Go down
Destined777
Mirage Knight
Mirage Knight
Destined777

Achievement Points : 52
Waifu : Shido_Fuyuki

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptySun Mar 25, 2012 6:13 am

Hmm I do want to see the movie myself, Never read the books so I won't be comparing them lol.
But it is good to see positive views on it so far.
I don't see why the fact that the movie is long is a bad thing? :?: I mean I'd rather pay 8-10$ to watch a movie that is worth the money in length not a movie that ends so fast that you feel that you could of just watched it from redbox xD
Anyway can't wait to see now smile
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 8:11 am

There's a Hunger Games Facebook game called The Hunger Games Adventure. It's really just like any other one of the Facebook games where you use energy and stuff and you have to request stuff from friends to get anywhere. At least that's what I've seen from the trailer. :evil:
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Waifu : Galko-chan

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 4:06 pm

akaFilanachi wrote:
Im hearing that the movie is both good and pretty long. Sounds yummy, BUT the fact that all the people going to see this will turn it into another Twilight ordeal pisses me off. There will be Team Gale and Peeta crap everywhere, and the series will just be compared to Twilight far too much when they have nothing in common. >_>
Everyone loved Harry Potter.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptySat Mar 31, 2012 5:33 pm

Harry Potter wasn't a romance ;P Romance was a side story, whereas in Hunger Games it's a relatively large part of the books.
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Waifu : Galko-chan

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 4:46 am

Fish wrote:
Harry Potter wasn't a romance ;P Romance was a side story, whereas in Hunger Games it's a relatively large part of the books.
What? You mean it's a...
-Crosses The Hunger Games off of "Must Have" list-
Back to top Go down
rjuto
WDA Staff
 WDA Staff
rjuto

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 4:57 am

Kimo Force wrote:
Fish wrote:
What? You mean it's a...
-Crosses The Hunger Games off of "Must Have" list-
The Hunger Games Claaaro-550x242
Back to top Go down
AsianShadow
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianShadow

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ProdigyShadow

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 9:31 am

I haent watched the movie yet but I read the book (bought it read last chapter) :O
1100th post FTWWWWWW
Back to top Go down
Destined777
Mirage Knight
Mirage Knight
Destined777

Achievement Points : 52
Waifu : Shido_Fuyuki

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games EmptySun Apr 01, 2012 5:16 pm

Just watched it, excellent movie in my opinion.
8.5/10 for me :P
I do recommend watching it, it's worth it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Hunger Games Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hunger Games   The Hunger Games Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hunger Games
Page 1 of 1