World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Of Games and arts

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

Of Games and arts Empty
PostSubject: Of Games and arts   Of Games and arts EmptyTue Apr 01, 2014 1:22 pm

As of today, the forum has 2 brand new features.

As you may have noticed we have new sections and some new topics popping up, as well as new profile fields, and you may have read some of the topics so let's go through what we have here for clarifying.

First up, The Games games!
From now on we will be reusing 3 major groups in the forum, temporarily referred to as dorms. Each person I find tomorrow (today in some places) and from then on will be placed in them sequentially depending on the numbers of each dorm and in the case the dorms have equal numbers, randomly. Dorm placement has less choice involved to make sure we will be getting as balanced as possible teams in all fields.

Now, you may ask, what do we do in The Games games? What are these dorms for?
The answer is, we play games! Dorms may issue challenges to other dorms using any free game of their choice, aiming for rewards of AP, title rentals, specific achievements or forum wide rewards to the winners at the end of the month, like changing the appearance of the forum (slightly, we can only work so much), adding a stream or game to the portal for a month and I guess most importantly to you guys, adding an emoticon to the chat permanently.

Challenges can be flexible so long as we approve of them. That means you don't have to have a victory condition of just winning a match, but even achieving a certain state in the game, like getting a specific in-game achievement first or collecting in-game resources within a time limit.

At the end of the month the points of the dorms are counted up and awards are given to dorms and players appropriately. For the specifics on rewards and rules go to the designated section http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/f108-the-games

If you have a specific request for a dorm, you can post here and it will be considered, but it may go at random instead, and we may have mixes later on. The names Rock, Paper, Scissors are tentative and will be decided by the dorm once there are enough members.

Now for the second one! Kimo said let there be nature! Kimo said let there be sports! Kimo said let there be art! and Kimo said let there be racial stereotypes and random semi-qualified RP'ers running around! Thus, on the 7th day, Kimo made the new Roleplay.

Aliens have invaded the earth and are searching for exceptional beings. For that reason, players will be fighting with laser guns and stuff! (laser functions not mandatory)
It takes place in alien invaded UK, where you can either be a europe citizen or either a slave or immigrant from either Asia or Africa. (Un?)fortunately the continents of America and Oceania sinned against our alien overlords and are not available, or something of that description. Depending on where you are from you could be either on the Art, Sports or Nature group, for Europe, Africa and Asia respectivelly.

But, you may ask, Al, how do we fight with laser guns and stuff? Glad you asked!
For that you may want to check out my cool new character sheet (is cheating a bit, but I won't be a player), along with the fact the forum now supports the forumotion dice roll function. In this RP you start off with 7 basic stats, Vitality, Strength, Agility, Dexterity, Intellect, Endurance as well as a stat designed for your specific faction, those being Art for Europe, Athleticism for Africa and Naturalism for Asia. You use those stats along with your tactics with dice rolls to very vaguely decide the results of battles. Now, while we could implement a proper RP system, it would be pretty hard to follow both due to the fact we are not really RP'ers here and because it demands constant supervision, so instead we have a more lax system. In this case, I, the mechanics specific game master, will be God. Yes, GOD. I will be reading your attack descriptions and deciding what you roll against, which stats you roll with and what modifiers occur, AND I will be the one rolling the dice since all the decisions will be happening in my post (don't worry, I can't edit afterwards, when you edit in forumotion the dice are re-rolled).
But that's not the only way to resolve conflicts. Since we now have a games theme, you can also use games! Just agree on any multiplayer game that allows for 1vs1 fights and play, then give us the results and we will make a lore adhering resolution to your conflict.
For further details on how your stats and mechanics work, read up on the "Mechanics" post in the Rules of Nature section of the RP http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/t7030-mechanics#61346

Not every section is opened up yet, and a little work is needed to finalize it, but you can still go over to character sheet sign-ups and sign up for it http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/t7032-character-sheet-sign-ups
And for everything out about the new RP, go to the Rules of Nature sub-section http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/f104-rules-of-nature
If you have cool ideas for weapons, post here and Kimo may or may not take them into account.

Kimo Force wrote:
Just putting it out there again: we are not having a Monalisa mecha, Ali.

That's all for now, I'll try to keep people updated with any relevant information. I hope you'll support these 2 big events we are putting out.

UPDATE: On the achievement front, 10 achievements have been added to forum achievements under "Posting, RP and Misc" http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/t3196-forum-achievements#32241
And for those keeping track, there are also 4 new secret achievements

Last edited by Al-Bhed on Sat Oct 03, 2015 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Ryuuji Takasu
WDA Member
WDA Member
Ryuuji Takasu

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : iXcertion

Of Games and arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Games and arts   Of Games and arts EmptyWed Apr 02, 2014 6:53 am

You followed through al thnx :D
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

Of Games and arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Games and arts   Of Games and arts EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 9:16 am

rolling for trailblazer
Back to top Go down
Narrator
WDA Member
WDA Member
Narrator

Achievement Points : 0

Of Games and arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Games and arts   Of Games and arts EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 9:16 am

The member 'Al-Bhed' has done the following action : Dice roll

'rps' :
Of Games and arts Clipart-paper-roll-dcf5
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

Of Games and arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Games and arts   Of Games and arts EmptyTue Apr 22, 2014 6:50 pm

I gave the Narrator a very fitting avi. I think he works better that way.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Of Games and arts Empty
PostSubject: Re: Of Games and arts   Of Games and arts Empty

Back to top Go down

Of Games and arts
Page 1 of 1