World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Target Practice Tournament

Go down 
+2
Al-Bhed
Nour Force
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

Target Practice Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Target Practice Tournament   Target Practice Tournament EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 7:45 am

So, I have a small suggestion for a kind of tournament.
And before we start, if I write any 'x' that means up to staff.

People sign up, like any other tournament. One random member that signed up will be chosen as our new target and will be identified as our target via x, maybe a userbar or rank. When a member wins a match against the target they get 1 streak and the target title. The next person to beat that person will get the title, and so on. If someone has the target title and a steak of x, they win the Target Tournament. If someone with the target title goes inactive they will be expelled and a different member will get the target title.
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Target Practice Tournament   Target Practice Tournament EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 7:48 am

The latest name for that event was snowball. I really need to find a proper name for it considering how often it comes up (hmm, I think there is an fps game mode like that, right? meh, too lazy to look it up...). Anyways, it will be considered for an academy event if some things go through, but I'd prefer something with a bit more originality to it really myself. Not saying we have to wring our heads figuring something out, I just feel like this about this one because for about a year now whenever someone asks for an event, they get this with a different name. Anyways, considering how often it comes up it's likely I guess.
Back to top Go down
Neku Sakuraba
Young Fiend
 Young Fiend
Neku Sakuraba

Achievement Points : 15
Waifu : Neku Sakuraba

PostSubject: Re: Target Practice Tournament   Target Practice Tournament EmptyTue Mar 27, 2012 7:59 am

this seems like a good idea to me,as long as it is well executed

oh yeah,i think the term you meant Al, is Juggernaut
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chuckles
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dr. Chuckles

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Dr. Chuckles

PostSubject: Re: Target Practice Tournament   Target Practice Tournament EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 9:03 am

lets not forget that ideas like this work quite well in the begining but they don't usually last for very long. al is right we have had an event similar to this numerous times before such as when i was dorm leader, and recently the snowball game, but will the game continue if we do start it and if so when it dies down ( which it will) how will we pick it back up?
Back to top Go down
Neku Sakuraba
Young Fiend
 Young Fiend
Neku Sakuraba

Achievement Points : 15
Waifu : Neku Sakuraba

PostSubject: Re: Target Practice Tournament   Target Practice Tournament EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 10:31 am

you have a good point,doc,well,i dont know if this idea could work at all,but this event could be done each 2 weeks,for example (this week,the event is going on,next week we rest from it,then next week after that we restart the event)
Back to top Go down
D JR
Key Mace
 Key Mace
D JR

Achievement Points : 22
Waifu : D-JR

PostSubject: Re: Target Practice Tournament   Target Practice Tournament EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 7:10 pm

Winner gets a free signature or title! :DDD!

Then i'll be in.
Nah haha but if the reward is great ill be in tho
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chuckles
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dr. Chuckles

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Dr. Chuckles

PostSubject: Re: Target Practice Tournament   Target Practice Tournament EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:24 am

taking a wk on and off might be something that could work to keep it alive when it is going on. of course the prize would have to be amazing as djr has pointed out, there needs to be some penatly for causing the game to fall, such as the person that failed to duel that wk not only loses the target but like 50 wda credits or something and the target is put automaticlly placed on a new target, ie: a staffer.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Natura Wild-Boy
Natura Wild-Boy
Silver

Achievement Points : 38

PostSubject: Re: Target Practice Tournament   Target Practice Tournament EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:25 am

Do i get a free Sniper Rifle?
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Target Practice Tournament   Target Practice Tournament EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 3:32 am

Yeah... I don't think any WDA member is worried about losing credits, I dont care if every last of my bazzillion credits (cant bother to look them up right now) became zero, and I know that's true for 95% of the rest as well, save from that guy who has been gathering credits for a re-test.

Anyways, just trying to save you guys the trouble since you seem to have been busy planning something something, which is in the end very vague considering this kind of event is painfully simple, so you either hit it or miss it, do it or not, succeed or fail, it depends on participation and if there is not enough activity, just dont friggin do it. Two things basically.

1: after some changes that are planned we'll let loose an event, and if we are feeling painfully lazy and irresponsible, we'll use this event for the 2034847th time, because of the inherent incapability to give a f*** of whoever in the staff had the job to plan an event and decided to give out the same thing yet another time. If it does so happen that the staff member in charge of the new event has that inherent incapability, because this event is painfully simple, no matter how many pages upon pages you write, the rules and explanation will be at a surprisingly small number of lines/words. Unless it's me. Then it will be a wall of text. But then again I'd like to believe that I don't have said inherent incapability and would plan something else, but who knows. If you have a solid plan/suggestion on the form of the event, by all means, write it down properly (I repeat, properly) and it will be considered. But if you enter a vague discussion on the spirit of the snowball/keys of hell/jackpot/jaggernaut, to release the grand jaggernaut games rulebook, it won't be considered, because all the staff will see is a pointless vague discussion and will skip through it.

2: Obviously I am not a bit fan of this event, that may or may not be bad news for it and the possibility it happens, and that's not because I am biased and I want to go against you, but because I'd feel bad to try and feed our members the same rechewed and spit out food.
However, if you do like this event or feel that passionate about it, you are free to plan it, switch it to tournament style like nour suggests in the original post, and run it from the profile shop as a member-hosted tournament. The right to host a tournament does happen to be for sale in the profile shop and if anyone has something special to do, we do happen to have an opening since dorm tournaments arent happening, so go ahead with it. Just a word of advice, if you do have an idea for a tournament try not to have it overlap with an ongoing wda tournament, and dont just make it a regular tournament because after the new banlist tournament we are going to have another one of those as well, so it's pointless. This juggernaut thing nour suggests however is a go (I remember that game type to be with holding a package in fps games, I need to remember what it was called... anyways).

and 3: bloo, writing "Gay Fag" in your profile obviously is against WDA rules. Fix the entirety of your profile.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Target Practice Tournament   Target Practice Tournament Empty

Back to top Go down

Target Practice Tournament
Page 1 of 1