World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WDA has a Virus?

Go down 
+4
Legendaryfrost
Al-Bhed
Unforgiven Pretender
Dragonclaw
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Dragonclaw
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dragonclaw

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Dragonpuff

WDA has a Virus? Empty
PostSubject: WDA has a Virus?   WDA has a Virus? EmptySun May 27, 2012 4:16 pm

Ok, here's the news. When I entered WDA on Google Chrome, it says this website has a virus/malware. According to the chatbox, liquidkills and blackbear got it too. Any reasons why?
Back to top Go down
Unforgiven Pretender
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unforgiven Pretender

Achievement Points : 16
Waifu : Unforgiven Pretender

WDA has a Virus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WDA has a Virus?   WDA has a Virus? EmptySun May 27, 2012 6:36 pm

It's probably Google Chrome or your anti-vorus program being overportective with a widget ot the chat.
But, an admin should check for any recent edits in de admin panel nonetheless.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

WDA has a Virus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WDA has a Virus?   WDA has a Virus? EmptySun May 27, 2012 8:44 pm

I tried removing the chatbox widgets (both of them) yesterday and the messege persisted. Additionally the source code of the page links to nothing like what is mentioned in the warning messege (in fact I recognize every single one of those links in the source code of the home page and they are all trusted). What's more when you check on details on why it is believed said url has malware google itself states the site is clean on every account, which doesn't matter anyways because I can't find any link to it. Not to mention that since that site had 0 malware activity for at least 90 days it's not the site itself suddenly becoming bad, but it being "blacklisted" all along and us adding something from it, but the only thing altered in the homepage in the past few days is the DA ad, which not only is it clean but when I tried to remove it as well and see what happens we still got the warning messege. I dunno, seems like google is just being a bitch to me. We really have to fix this but I can't find just what is wrong here.

EDIT: The messege doesn't appear anymore for me. Does it for anyone else?
Back to top Go down
Legendaryfrost
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Legendaryfrost

Waifu : LegendaryFrost

WDA has a Virus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WDA has a Virus?   WDA has a Virus? EmptySun May 27, 2012 10:01 pm

It appeared for me yesterday as well, but only for chrome, for now though it's fine
Back to top Go down
AsianShadow
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianShadow

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ProdigyShadow

WDA has a Virus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WDA has a Virus?   WDA has a Virus? EmptyMon May 28, 2012 3:40 am

This had happend to me too when I was using Google Chrome,I was waiting for a WDA admin to get on DN to contact them about this problem,however,its gone now.
Back to top Go down
Lupe
WDA Member
WDA Member
Lupe

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Retired

WDA has a Virus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WDA has a Virus?   WDA has a Virus? EmptyMon May 28, 2012 7:11 am

I never saw any message, and I use Google Chrome all the time.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Waifu : Meheheh

WDA has a Virus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WDA has a Virus?   WDA has a Virus? EmptyMon May 28, 2012 5:14 pm

I remember this happening a while back as well, then it disappeared just as quickly and nobody noticed. So I think Google has a slight tendency to mess up with these things once in a while, probably. Mistake on their end or something.
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

WDA has a Virus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WDA has a Virus?   WDA has a Virus? EmptyTue May 29, 2012 7:41 am

As an internet pirate, I've learned to never trust anti-virus softwares when the PC just seems fine, especially those of browsers. Only when does your operating system start acting funny do you resolve to a temporary free (trial software is okay) and efficient anti-virus (in my case, Avast!).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WDA has a Virus? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WDA has a Virus?   WDA has a Virus? Empty

Back to top Go down

WDA has a Virus?
Page 1 of 1