World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ancient Gears and how they work

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
datchison18
WDA Member
WDA Member
datchison18

Achievement Points : 4
Waifu : datchison18

Ancient Gears and how they work Empty
PostSubject: Ancient Gears and how they work   Ancient Gears and how they work EmptyTue Jul 10, 2012 8:17 pm

Thought i would try making an article, so i decided to make one about Ancient Gears

For those who do not know of them, Ancient Gears(written as A.G. for the rest of this article) is an archetype of EARTH Machine type monsters whose effects protect them from spells/traps when they attack. They were first released in The Lost Millennium and were used by Vellian Crowler in Yu-Gi-Oh! Gx. They also have their own Structure Deck: Machine Revolt.

Spoiler:
One of the most used cards of this archetype is A.G. Gadjiltron Dragon, a 3000 atk beatstick that is usually summoned by the destruction of Geartown, so some people don’t know the effects it gains by tributing gadgets:
Red- if this card inflicts damage to your opponent, your opponent takes an extra 400 damage
Yellow- if it destroys a monster by battle, you opponent takes 600 points of damage
Green- this card can inflict piercing damage
this is usually run depending on the number of geartowns in your deck, usually about 2-3

Spoiler:
Another, but less used boss monster is A.G. Golem, another 3000 atk beatstick which can inflict piercing damage. This card was one of Crowler’s trump cards and can be a major threat if not destroyed as soon as possible. It is also the key card to their most powerful monster, Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem.
slightly harder to summon, so unless you plan on making your deck specifically for the fusion, run about 1-2

Spoiler:
Ultimate Ancient Gear Golem is a powerful, 4400 atk fusion monster, requiring Golem and 2 other Ancient Gear monsters. It can also inflict piercing damage. Should it be destroyed, you are able to special summon an Ancient Gear Golem from your grave, ignoring the summoning conditions. Also, since this monster is a Machine type, you can summon it with Power Bond, making it even harder to kill.
one would run 1-2, depending on the number of golems you are running, about 1-2

Spoiler:
A.G. Beast is a 6 star, 2000 atk monster. At first, you would think why 6 stars(I‘m still questioning that) til you see his effect. If it destroys a monster in battle, the effects of that monster are negated, even if they are in the grave. Monsters like Sangan won’t activate their effects, putting you opponent in a point of disadvantage. It can also negate the abilities of Flip effect monsters it battles. it is usually run around 1-2, depending on hoe fast you can get them out

Spoiler:
A.G. Engineer has 2 good abilities working for him. The first one is he can negate traps that would target him. The second ability is that when he has a successful attack, unless it would destroy him, he can destroy 1 spell/trap card on your opponents side of the field. his effects are good, but his stats are low. run 1 or 2

Spoiler:
A.G. Knight may have the higher attack of the 4 star A.G.’s, but the cost is him being a Gemini, meaning he has to be genimi summoned to get his effect. Mistakes can be made if you attack without gaining his effect. he's more powerful than soldier, but he doesnt get his effect unless gemini summoned. run 2-3

Spoiler:
Ancient Gear is the weakest card of them all, at a measly 100 atk, but if it’s on the field and you have another one in your hand, you can special summon it, which can bring out higher level monsters if you haven’t already summoned it. one would really only use this card for duplication for spell gear and for rank 2 XYZ. run it only if you plan to use it for that

Spoiler:
A.G. Cannon can tribute itself to inflict 500 points of damage, and it can prevents trap cards from being activated during the battle phase of that turn. A useful effect if you don’t have any other Ancient Gear Monsters on your field. another card not really used, but if used right, he can turn tides. side 1-2

Spoiler:
A.G. Gadjiltron Chimera is one of the few A.G.‘s that don’t have the same effect as the others. It gains different effects depending on the gadget tributed:
Red- upon a successful direct attack, inflict 500 points of damage to your opponent
Yellow-if this card destroys a monster by battle, inflict 700 points of damage to your opponent
Green- this card gains 300 atk
Don’t know about you guys, but the only effect I see worth using is the yellow effect
seeing as he doesnt have the innate ability like most of the others and his effects are average, run 1

Spoiler:
Ancient Gear Soldier is the most basic A.G., but it’s downfall is it has 1300 atk, which makes this easy to kill, unless solidarity is on your side of the field, meeting it’s conditions
i personally would run knight over this, but if you have room, run 2-3

Now for the Support
Spoiler:
One of the main support cards for them is Geartown. With this card, they can be summoned with 1 less tribute, meaning the 5-6 star monsters can be summoned as if they were level 4’s. Also, in the event that this card is destroyed, you can special summon an Ancient Gear monster, other than Golem and Beast. run 2-3, 2 only if you dont want to risk getting dead draws

Spoiler:
A.G. Tank is a basic equip card, giving the equipped monster +600 atk, but if it is destroyed and sent to the grave then your opponent takes 600 points of damage. You can also use it as MST/Heavy bait. run 1-2

Spoiler:
A.G. Fist will destroy any monster that the equipped monster battles, meaning cards like Spirit Reaper and Marshmallon will be at a disadvantage if attacked. run 1-2

Spoiler:
A.G. Factory can help, but also hinder you. By removing from play A.G. monsters whose levels will equal to double a revealed A.G. monster, you can normal summon that monster with out tributing. I don’t really like the idea of removing so many monsters from play just for a trubute-less summon. i say run 1

Spoiler:
A.G. Drill has it’s ups and downs, by discarding a card while you control an A.G. monster, you can select one spell card from your deck and set it, but you cant activate it this turn. Useful for destroying your Geartown and setting another, but it requires you meeting the conditions of having a face up A.G. monster and you discarding a card. i say run 1-2, depending on how many spells you really want on the field

Spoiler:
A.G. Castle is one of the more useful support cards, since it gains counters for every normal summon/set, plus it gives A.G. monsters +300 atk. By tributing this card along with counters it has, you can tribute summon an A.G. monster of the number of counters is greater than/equal to the number of tributes required. You can have a high level A.G. on the field without using your other monsters as sacrifices. run at least 2

Spoiler:
A.G. Workshop is another useful support card. It acts like a monster reincarnation, only without the discarding cost and only targets A.G. monsters in your grave depending on how often your monsters are in the grave, run 1-2

Spoiler:
A card so unused that probably most A.G. users have never heard of it. A.G. Explosive destroys one A.G. monster on your side of the field and inflicts damage equal to half his attack. Only way i can think of using it is after using limiter removal and destroying your already doomed-to-the-grave monster. i say side 1 and run 1

Spoiler:
Now for the last A.G. support card: Spell Gear. This card requires you to send 3 face up ancient gear cards(not just monsters) from your side of the field to the grave to special summon an A.G. Golem from your hand and one from your deck. You can activate it if you only have one in your deck but not your hand and vice versa. The downfalls of this card are your other monsters are destroyed and you cant normal summon or set another monster til the end of your next turn. run 1 only if you are sure you can meet the requirements whenever you need to use it.

Spoiler:
Being a Machine Archetype, the A.G.'s have plenty of outside support. The most common one is Limiter Removal. I probably wont explain it, seeing as everyone here knows what it does.

Another helpful card is Machine Assembly Line. It gives all Machines on the field +200 atk, and each time a machine type monster(s) is destroyed, the spell gains 2 counters(meaning a dark hole on a field full of machines only gives 2 counters). you can then send the card to the grave and special summon a machine type monster from your grave whose level is less than or equal to the number of counters on the card.

Machina Armored Unit activates whenever a machine type monster you control is destroyed by battle. It allows you to specia summon a machine type monster who shares the same attribute, but less atk(not equal or less atk unfortunately). Since all of the A.G. monsters are EARTH, you can use this card to bring cards like engineer out easier.

Since konami saw the might of machine type monsters, they have released plenty of Anti-Machine cards

Spoiler:
The main Anti-Machine Card, only one Cyber dragon away. This card can easily put you in the danger zone if your opponent specials a Cyber Dragon and Contact Fuses with your guys, leaving you open to a direct attack for 2000+damage

Spoiler:
Most people only see this guy for the dragon control, but it also can be used to take control over one of your monsters and either XYZ, synchro, or tribute it, leaving you with 1 less monster and your opponent gaining one

Spoiler:
This card is worse, yet better than Acid Rain. Sure you have to pay 1000 life points to use it, but it removes from play all machines from the field and grave. it's like something Trishula would make if he had a major problem with machinery. It too can go die.

Spoiler:
I for one am glad that nobody uses this card anymore. an experienced machine duelist would expect the above cards, but this can really catch someone off guard, especially with all of the dragons and toys and suicidal bugs running around

You are now informed of the ways of the Ancient Gear. Now go out and make your king proud.

Last edited by datchison18 on Thu Aug 09, 2012 12:34 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Gears and how they work   Ancient Gears and how they work EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:14 pm

wow
i never knew this archtype was even usable
i recommend this article
and i confirm on datch being machine king smile
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Gears and how they work   Ancient Gears and how they work EmptyWed Aug 08, 2012 9:19 pm

• There's a card under Ancient Gear Knight but you accidentally added the same picture so I don't know its name. It has 100 ATK though and is level 2.
  • Ancient Gear Tank image failure.
  • So, do you have any way of fighting CFD? Q.Q
  • Nice article. Jes, you are Machine King and I know it.
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ancient Gears and how they work   Ancient Gears and how they work Empty

Back to top Go down

Ancient Gears and how they work
Page 1 of 1