World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Your Pokemon Journey

Go down 
+3
danna45
Katarina
J.J. Knight
7 posters
AuthorMessage
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

Your Pokemon Journey Empty
PostSubject: Your Pokemon Journey   Your Pokemon Journey EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 5:40 pm

When starting your Pokemon game for the first time, you have officially added or conitnuing your personal Journey. Everyone who's ever played the Pokemon games has their Journey. With so many Pokemon out there, everyone's is a tad different. Everyone has their favorites. What did your Journey look like? Not counting hacks or Legendaries, what would your Journey shape out to be? Did you have Rare Pokemon, or just commons? Did you play with favorites, or what you came across? Did you keep your starter, or did you ditch it later on? Here is a record of what my Pokemon Journey looked like (I won't count my Gen 1 or 2 games because my Gen 3 and 4 remakes are identical.)

Kanto

Your Pokemon Journey 003Your Pokemon Journey 006Your Pokemon Journey 009

Like every kid my age, we likely started in the Kanto Region. After playing Yellow, I began the tradition of catching the Starters and using them in my journey. Before progressing, I got a Bulbasaur and Squirtle in addition to my Charmander and are a staple on my team. With Charizard for my "Chosen One", Blastoise was my "Number Two" followed by Venusaur as my "Number Three". Charmnder remains my personal favorite and my favorite starter.

Your Pokemon Journey 018

Pidgey was the very first Pokemon I ever caught in my Pokemon Blue version. When I eventually transfered it to Pokemon Silver, I was surprised to find that it was female. As a tradition, I always catch a female Pidgey when playing in the Kanto Region. Pidgeot would have a spot on my team for most of the beginning game, but is often replaced later.

Your Pokemon Journey 034

When playing Blue and Yellow for the first time, Nidoran Male was my answer to Brock. For a long time, Nidoking was a staple member of my team.

Your Pokemon Journey 094

After arriving to Lavender Town, I had to pick myself up a Haunter. It wasn't until FireRed could I evolve it to Gengar through trading. When I did, Gengar became one of my strongest Sp. Atk Pokemon on my team.

Your Pokemon Journey 131

Lapras was mostly used for Surf in Kanto, but it grew on me later in the Johto Region, where I used it more often. With Blastoise as my main Water type, Lapras was used as a 'special occasion' Pokemon or simply for Surf.

Your Pokemon Journey 143

I love Snorlax. It was my Football nickname in High School. At first I was offended, but after catching and using it, I fell in love with it and took the name in stride. Snorlax is a powerful Pokemon that I loved to use. Once caught, Snorlax became a staple member of my team.

Your Pokemon Journey 141

Kabutops is one of my favorite Pokemon. Like Lapras though, Kabutops was used more on my Johto team than my Kanto team.

Your Pokemon Journey 142

Aerodactyl is ony of my favorite Flying type Pokemon, and is a tie for favorite Rock type. Aerodactyl took forever to level up, but I made damn sure to use him in the Elite Four. Unlike Kabutops, Aerodactyl was a main member of my team between my favorite Fossils.

Johto

Your Pokemon Journey 154Your Pokemon Journey 157Your Pokemon Journey 160

Continuing my tradition, I discovered a glitch in Silver in which I was allowed to start with all three starters. Totodile took up the mantle of "Lead" starter, and Typhlosion as second. I found myself barely using Meganium, or just getting it to the same level as Feraligator and Typhlosion.

Your Pokemon Journey 018

Also customary, I usually catch a Male Pidgey to pair with my original Female Pidgey. Like the female Pidgey, it's usually replaced later in the game by a stronger Pokemon.

Your Pokemon Journey 212

Scyther was the Pokemon that alluded me in the previous Generations. In Johto, I finally caught my beloved Scyther. I eventually evolved my precious Pokemon into Scizor, but I eventually stopped using it. I don't know why. I love Scizor.

Your Pokemon Journey Spr_5b_130_m_s

Red Gyrados was the first Shiny Pokemon I used regularly on my team. I used it against Lance, which took out his Gyrados and one of his Dragonite.

Your Pokemon Journey 149

Dragonite alluded me in Blue/Yellow when I first began Pokemon. Like Scyther, I wanted one badly, but never found it. Any rare chance I found a Dratini or Dragonair, it escaped me. It wasn't until the Kanto region did I finally catch a Dragonite. However, the celebration didn't last long. After defeating the Elite Four, I found myself with a new beast: Tyranitar.

Your Pokemon Journey 248

Tyranitar became a monster on my team after I visited Mt. Silver and caught a Larvitar. It replaced my treasured Dragonite as my most powerful weapon of mass destruction, despite Dragonite at the time being a bit stronger, perhaps. Regardless, Tyranitar was a force to be reconded with.

Hoenn

Your Pokemon Journey 254Your Pokemon Journey 257Your Pokemon Journey 260

The Hoenn Starters are the first Starters in which I loved them completely equally throughout my first run-through of the game. Not only did I love them equally, but I trained them equally. There was no 'clear leader' of the group, though if had to pick one, it'd be Treeko. Never did any of these Pokemon leave my party.

Your Pokemon Journey 264

Linoone is a first in many ways. Zigzagoon is the first Pokemon I caught in the Hoenn Region. It was my first "HM Slave". It was also the first "HM Slave" I trained. It was also the first and only Pokemon I nicknamed, "Ziggy". With it's useful Pick Up ability, Linoone rarely left my party.

Your Pokemon Journey 306

Aggron is one of my favorite Pokemon. After I first found Aron and caught it, it had a perfect nature and at the time, ability: Adamant and Rock Head. Aggron is one of those Pokemon that became a staple of my Hoenn Team.

Your Pokemon Journey 330

Flygon is a funny Pokemon. I used it on and off in my Hoenn Journey. It wasn't until I caught Metagross did I give the spot entirely to Salamence. However, it is also another favorite Pokemon that I cherished.

Your Pokemon Journey 348

This was the Pokemon that made it hard to put Flygon on my team or not. I loved both Pokemon, but Armaldo made it tough for me to keep it. Armaldo, like Aggron, seemed to have the perfect nature and stats, which made it a tough arguement. With the addition of Salamence and Metagross, both Flygon and Armaldo were dropped from the main team.

Your Pokemon Journey 373

While training in Meteor Falls, I found myself a Bagon. After catching it, I had a tough choice between Armaldo and Flygon for my sixth spot. I often switched them out, keeping them at the same level. Salamence became my "Tyranitar of Hoenn", keeping the powerful Metagross from stealing it's spot when I got it.

Your Pokemon Journey 376

After beating the Elite Four, I went to visit Steven and to my suprise, I got a Beldum. I saw what Metagross was capable of when I fought him for the Championship, and I had to have a Metagross. After hours of grinding, I finally had one. Metagross became my "Number Two" beast of the Hoenn Region, as I felt Salamence kept it's title.

Sinnoh

Your Pokemon Journey 389Your Pokemon Journey 392Your Pokemon Journey 395

Like in the Johto Region, I didn't like all of the starters. To my surprise, it wasn't the Grass type that annoyed me. This time around, it was Piplup that got the short end of the stick and was named my "Number Three" starter. The toss up was between Chimchar and Turtwig for favorite, but Turtwig got the number one spot. I love Torterra, and it's one of my favorite Starters.

Your Pokemon Journey 398

Out of all Bird Pokemon, Staraptor is my favorite. It's powerful as hell, and I find myself using it in-game a lot longer than Pidgeot.

Your Pokemon Journey 445

Garchomp is a monster. Like Salamence and Tyranitar, It was my Beast of the team. Unlike Tyranitar, I caught it early in the game. I enjoyed it terrorizing Team Galactic, as it was a fully grown Garchomp by Mt. Cornet.

Your Pokemon Journey 448

I love Lucario. It's one of the only Pokemon I have two of, and run two completely different sets on. In my first run through, I focused on Atk. For my Steel Type training, I focus on Sp. Atk, exploring the other side of Lucario.

Unova

Your Pokemon Journey 497Your Pokemon Journey 500Your Pokemon Journey 503

Unova is a funny region. This marks the third time in a row where I liked the Grass type more than the other starters. This is also the first time where I like the Fire starter the least. Another thing: This is the first time where I trained THREE different sets of Starters from this region (For type Training, my Joshua profile, and my J.J. profile). Never have I trained more than two of the same species before Unova, though Hydregion may be the first Pokemon I train four of.

Your Pokemon Journey 530

I love Excadrill. It's such an evil Pokemon. I've trained this Pokemon on two seperate occassions, and both times I use the same set (Except for abilities). It's just so brutal. Excadrill gives Aggron a run for my favorite Steel type.

Your Pokemon Journey 553

When I first saw this Pokemon, I thought it was a Dragon. It's not. It's a Dark/Ground type. But damn, does it act like a Dragon. Krookodile is a great Pokemon that I often find switching between Excadrill.

Your Pokemon Journey 571

This Pokemon is fun as hell. I postponed my game JUST so I could transfer my Celebi so I could get this Pokemon. Like the Unova Starters, I've trained three of this Pokemon. Like Excadrill, all have the same sets. This Pokemon is a load of fun.

Your Pokemon Journey 567

Say Hello to one of my favorite Fossils. Archeops is another Pokemon I trained two of with virtually the same move set. Archeops became my "Flying type" Pokemon of my team for a good while. However, like the other Flying types, they didn't stay on for long.

Your Pokemon Journey 604

This is the first Electric type Pokemon I trained outside of Electric Type Training. This is just an awesome Pokemon. Slow as hell, but it makes up with an awesome ability that gives it zero weaknesses. I spent forever looking for a Tynamo in Chargestone Cave. However, after I got it, it eventually was lost to better Pokemon.

Your Pokemon Journey 612

This was my favorite Dragon type until Hydregion came along. Now it's my favorite Shiny. In my first run through the Elite Four, I used a Haxorus instead of my Deino because of how friggin long it took to evolve. Haxorus is another Pokemon I trained three of. Damn Unova region.

Your Pokemon Journey 635

Hydregion is my favorite Dark and Dragon type Pokemon, and my number two favorite Pokemon of all time. I mean, look at it. DAMN. I'm considering training more than three of these bad mofos. One for Dragon Team, one for Dark Team, and now considering one for both my Joshua Profile and my J.J. Profile. That would make FOUR Hydregion. Could you imagine a double battle against four Hyregion with different move sets? I can't.

Your Pokemon Journey 637

Volcarona is one of those BEASTS that aren't a Dragon type Pokemon. This Pokemon took a role simular to my Tyranitar; It became my number one Pokemon after the main game. When I playe Black 2, I got a Volcarona early, making it my top Pokemon. I've considered training a third one for my Fire Type Training team, but scrapped the idea when Gen 6 was announced.

So that is my current Pokemon Journey for my main profile. What does your Journey look like?
Back to top Go down
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

Achievement Points : 58
Waifu : Prinzessin Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Your Pokemon Journey   Your Pokemon Journey EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 9:28 pm

when i was playing pokemon yellow, my party was charizard pikachu vaporeon machoke articuno and mewtwo, in silver it was lugia feraligatr lanturn snorlax electabuzz and houndoom, in sapphire its blaziken azumarill ninjask exploud seviper and rayquaza. in diamond its infernape gyarados azelf dialga gallade and weavile, pretty bad teams its just what i liked at that moment..
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

PostSubject: Re: Your Pokemon Journey   Your Pokemon Journey EmptyWed Jan 30, 2013 10:12 pm

Well, I only remember my Firered journey, since it was my first and my favourite, but sure...

Your Pokemon Journey Spr_3f_003

My first as well as favorite starter. This guy alone won me a lot of battles, and his Leech Seed is surprisingly very useful. He was my shield of the team.

Your Pokemon Journey Spr_3f_018

The fastest in the team, very reliable for revenge kills, as well as my top choice against any fighting types. Although he doesn't quite shine as much as the others, his speed more than made up for it. For this, I dub him the knife of the team.

Your Pokemon Journey Spr_3f_034

Nidoking was one of my toughest and most useful members. With Earthquake and Ice Beam, he killed a whole lot of stuff, and became my great sword.

Your Pokemon Journey Spr_3f_064

Due to the fact that I played alone, I was never quite able to get this guy to evolve to Alakazam in my original run. However, he was still nothing short of amazing, and could hit whatever Nidoking couldn't. For this, she was the gun of the team.

Your Pokemon Journey Spr_3r_134

The main water type of the team, as well as to be honest, one of my favorites. She(It was a she, if I remember correctly) She was a godsend, as the only water type on the team, yet so powerful as well. If anything, I consider her the shortsword of the team.

Your Pokemon Journey Spr_3f_146

I know, no legendaries, right? But this guy was pretty much on my team ever since I got him. He's nowhere near the strongest in the team, but his fire type did help out a lot. He's the bow of the team.

I don't remember any of my other playthroughs much though.
Back to top Go down
akaFila
Splash Duelist
 Splash Duelist
akaFila

Achievement Points : 28
Waifu : ~akaFila~

PostSubject: Re: Your Pokemon Journey   Your Pokemon Journey EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:01 am

When posting here, could you please use spoilers. It'll get rather chaotic without them.

~Black 2~
Spoiler:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~White~
Spoiler:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~SoulSilver~
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

PostSubject: Re: Your Pokemon Journey   Your Pokemon Journey EmptyThu Jan 31, 2013 10:35 am

._. Well this isn't going to be as pretty as J.J's and Fila's....

It all started in the Sinnoh region because I'm not as old as you peoples. Chimchar FTW. Evolving him to Infernap was fantastical. I loved sweeping with Close Combat and Flare Blitz. I picked up Roselia and Floatzel to round out the 3 types. Staraptor was also a favorite because of the Brave Bird sweep. :D I picked up Shinx early but left him for Gastrodon for the ground type advantage. And then it came down to getting the legendary DIALGA! Although he really wasn't a favorite Pokemon, he was on the cover and was a legendary Pokemon, so I thought I needed him on my team. :P

Then into Soul Silver, I picked Totodile because he looked the best. Cyndaquil had no eyes and Chikorita is girly. This journey is rather fuzzy....but I remember Heracross very well. Using headbutt on the trees yielded quite possibly my favorite Pokemon from Johto.

In Black, I went with Oshawott, but I dumped him almost immediately. I got my Jellicent in place of Oshawott. The rest of my team rounded out to be Excadrill, Chandelure, Ferrothorn,
Archeops and Scrafty.

For Pokemon X and Pokemon Y versions, I plan to choose Froakie as my starter type Pokemon. I like the Y Pokemon better than the X Pokemon, so you can guess which version I'm getting.

ALSO POKEMON MYSTERY DUNGEON AND RANGER FTW! PIKACHU DISCHARGE FOR ALL MONSTER HOUSES! DRAW CIRCLES TO CAPTURE ALL THE WAY!
Back to top Go down
Shizuo Heiwajima
WDA Member
WDA Member
Shizuo Heiwajima

Achievement Points : 3
Waifu : Shizuo Heiwajima

PostSubject: Re: Your Pokemon Journey   Your Pokemon Journey EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:28 pm

Black 2 Journey

Your Pokemon Journey 500 Crispy Lv 54
It all started with my choice, and my choice was clear from the first time around in the originals. I wanted my piggy back. He was slow, but he had the bulk I needed to power through the gyms and Team Plasma when I was in a crunch.

Your Pokemon Journey 579 ReuniChris Lv 56
I kept trying to find the right mixture for my team, but I never could, so after the first gym and such, I decided to look back at my White 1, and found an egg I never hatched. I traded it over and found my ace in the hole. Don't worry and stay Calm Mind'd

Your Pokemon Journey 647-resolution Keldeo Lv 52
This was just a fun little transfer I made to the game around the 3rd Gym. Then I learned that you could turn him into his better form. I went looking for it before I made any more progress in the game. I finally found it, 3 days later.

Your Pokemon Journey 330 Pwoer Lv 54
Through the game, I realized that I needed a dragon. My favorite dragon at that. I was lucky enough to get the perfect nature for him too. Always comes through when I need a critical on Earthquake.

Your Pokemon Journey 640 Vivianne Lv 58
When I found Vivianne, I almost killed her. She survived a Heat Crash from Crispy, so I assumed it had a defensive nature, so I was determined to catch her. 20 great balls later...she was in my party and ready to go.

Your Pokemon Journey 639 Terra Lv 51
When I ran into this guy, I was astonished. I was just so ready to battle him. Then I got wrecked, 3 times lol. I finally caught him, and Adamant as well. He made the rest of the game a lot easier.

With these guys, I became a champion, and I will take these guys with me to the ends of the Pokemon universe.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/thepokemonkingdom
akaFila
Splash Duelist
 Splash Duelist
akaFila

Achievement Points : 28
Waifu : ~akaFila~

PostSubject: Re: Your Pokemon Journey   Your Pokemon Journey EmptyWed Feb 06, 2013 2:14 pm

~FireRed~
"FireCrotch" - Charizard
Your Pokemon Journey 006
Dat smexy starter~ I believe I went with Char for the challenge of getting past the first couple gyms without having to rely on it.

"R.Kelly" - Fearow
Your Pokemon Journey 022
Dat solid flying type, every team needs one. Obviously Fearow was the better choice with the other real option being a mainstream pidgeot.

"DaHell" - Raichu
Your Pokemon Journey 026
Never really planned on getting one, but when I came across a silly mouse early on in the game, I figured why not. Gives the team another big Sp. Atker and works well with Charizard.

"Mimien" - Mr. Mime
Your Pokemon Journey 122
ho ho ho~ #yolo~ Only having to catch an Abra to get it, I saw Mimey here as a legit member to get, and I did I dids~ Crappy name is crappy though >_> fufufu

"NessNess" - Lapras
Your Pokemon Journey 131
Bro, tis obvious~

"P3doB3ar" - Snorlax
Your Pokemon Journey 143
Silly tank is far too silly~
Back to top Go down
Mau5
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mau5

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Necro61

PostSubject: Re: Your Pokemon Journey   Your Pokemon Journey EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:42 am

My Ruby Journey

Swampert
Your Pokemon Journey 260
The first water starter I chose. Did work with him throughout the whole game.

Mightyena
Your Pokemon Journey 262
To this day is still one of my favorite Dark types, mostly becuase it looks like my dog.

Salamence
Your Pokemon Journey 373
Giant. Dragon. Need I say more?

Gardevoir
Your Pokemon Journey 282
Needed a special attacker in a team full of physical based attackers. She fit the bill perfectly.

Aggron
Your Pokemon Journey 306
Reason I picked him is in his name, Aggro lol just a strong pokemon to smash through the opponent.

Metagross
Your Pokemon Journey 376
My all time favorite pokemon, and another special attacker.
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: Your Pokemon Journey   Your Pokemon Journey EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 5:30 pm

I find it interesting you make your Metagross a Sp. Atker.
Back to top Go down
Mau5
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mau5

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Necro61

PostSubject: Re: Your Pokemon Journey   Your Pokemon Journey EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 11:30 pm

Beast wrote:
I find it interesting you make your Metagross a Sp. Atker.

Well, he was kind of split, but his SpA was higher than Atk, Meteor Mash, Earthquake, Psychic, and Hyper Beam (because I was in like 3rd grade and Hyper Beam was still the end all, be all attack.)
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: Your Pokemon Journey   Your Pokemon Journey EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 3:48 am

You must have a Modest Metagross with good Sp. Atk IVs.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Your Pokemon Journey   Your Pokemon Journey Empty

Back to top Go down

Your Pokemon Journey
Page 1 of 1