World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Welcome to the JUMP League!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

Welcome to the JUMP League! Empty
PostSubject: Welcome to the JUMP League!   Welcome to the JUMP League! EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 5:03 pm

Welcome to the JUMP League! Shonen-jump-logo

Welcome to WDA's very first anime league! Here is how things will work in a simplified explanation.

Firstly, we will have a drafting period where we will pick a small team to count on for the next step.

Secondly, we will have a pre-season where we will thin out our teams in multiple competitions.

Thirdly, we will have a whole season of team battling (I will actually make a tournament bracket for this.)

Then we will have a playoff season where our contestants will nominate one character for them to compete with. This will also be a tournament.

Lastly we will have a Platinum Cup (where the finalists will compete) and a Gold Cup (where the losers will compete for 3rd and 4th.)

Prizes will be figured out later. Please go ahead and ask questions and/or post suggestions here.

Last edited by Ariel on Mon Feb 04, 2013 6:15 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mau5
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mau5

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Necro61

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the JUMP League!   Welcome to the JUMP League! EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 5:12 pm

So we'll use DN for this I'm assuming?
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the JUMP League!   Welcome to the JUMP League! EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 5:23 pm

Pumba wrote:
So we'll use DN for this I'm assuming?

This competition will have nothing to do with dueling, for once. It will be ran very differently.
Back to top Go down
Shizuo Heiwajima
WDA Member
WDA Member
Shizuo Heiwajima

Achievement Points : 3
Waifu : Shizuo Heiwajima

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the JUMP League!   Welcome to the JUMP League! EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 6:07 pm

Vague question, I apologize in advance, what is the objective of this competition?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/thepokemonkingdom
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the JUMP League!   Welcome to the JUMP League! EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 6:14 pm

Tron wrote:
Vague question, I apologize in advance, what is the objective of this competition?

The objective is to educate you all about Shonen Jump and its historical side (its a big part of otaku culture since it started in the 60's. So this will be a good incentive to learn about it while doing a game-i-fied learning process.) That is also the purpose of the entire Ultimate Otaku event, is to have these kind of events here to encourage learning about a wider range of anime/manga.

To give you more motivation, there will be plenty of easy-to-get achievements for this particular event.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the JUMP League!   Welcome to the JUMP League! EmptyMon Feb 04, 2013 8:27 pm

Tron wrote:
"Objective"?
Pfft, next thing you know people will be asking what is the purpose to the stuff we do. There is never a point, just saying. The more nonsensical the better, it's the way of the wda.
Back to top Go down
Shizuo Heiwajima
WDA Member
WDA Member
Shizuo Heiwajima

Achievement Points : 3
Waifu : Shizuo Heiwajima

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the JUMP League!   Welcome to the JUMP League! EmptyTue Feb 05, 2013 4:58 am

Black Pete wrote:
Tron wrote:
"Objective"?
Pfft, next thing you know people will be asking what is the purpose to the stuff we do. There is never a point, just saying. The more nonsensical the better, it's the way of the wda.

In no way did I mean objective in that form. I was speaking about essentially how to win this, a what are we doing in this competition if you will.
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/thepokemonkingdom
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the JUMP League!   Welcome to the JUMP League! EmptySun Feb 10, 2013 3:28 am

Tron wrote:
Black Pete wrote:
Tron wrote:
"Objective"?

In no way did I mean objective in that form. I was speaking about essentially how to win this, a what are we doing in this competition if you will.

We will be doing different sorts of things from AMVs to Trivia to even debates.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Welcome to the JUMP League!   Welcome to the JUMP League! Empty

Back to top Go down

Welcome to the JUMP League!
Page 1 of 1