World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sony: PS4 and not much more?

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

Sony: PS4 and not much more? Empty
PostSubject: Sony: PS4 and not much more?   Sony: PS4 and not much more? EmptyTue Feb 26, 2013 6:58 pm

Well here is a late Sony post but hey, I'm lazy. Going through that Sony meeting was a drag though because it was just a bunch of blah blah it cans do this blah blah here is a game developer. But I'm here to tell you all I know on the PS4.

Sony immediately dismissed all of this Orbis nonsense and announced that their upcoming console would follow the nomenclature of the previous incarnations. Andrew House, president and Group CEO of Sony Computer Entertainment went up stage to talk about how the PS4 is going to be the "most powerful platform ever" and how the PS4 would have the power to allow "worlds to come alive with greater fidelity and intensity than ever before." Andrew House was just there to try and make you excited for the PS4.

Next up was Mark Cerny, Sony's system architect for the PlayStation 4 and he was there to talk about all the ins and outs of the PS4. No one knows everything yet but we do know that the PS4 will be an incredible upgrade from its predecessor. The system will have an eight-core, x86 AMD CPU, and a "High-end PC GPU" that will deliver nearly "two teraflops of computational performance."

I know this is super nerdy talk but there is still a bit more.

The console will contain 8GB of GDDR5 memory, which can be allocated to either the CPU or GPU depending on the game's requirements. The RAM is of the highest quality, and will deliver 176GB of bandwidth per second. Well that's what Mark Cerny says anyway.

While all that is nice and dandy it still won't beat a high-end PC. So what else can Sony do to get us to buy their console?

The PlayStation 4 has a bit of dedicated hardware for video compression and decompression. This means that players will be able to seamlessly capture and share video without seeing a drop in performance, because the capturing process doesn't utilize the console's CPU. That can mean the PS4 can be a hub for social networking.

Finally the controller. The edges have been rounded out, and the buttons are curved and recessed much like the Move. However, Sony has added a touchpad to the controller's face, a headphone jack, and a futuristic light bar that sits in between the triggers. According to Mark Cerny, the light bar is an easy way to identify the controller number, but also interacts with the new PlayStation Eye peripheral. The Eye is a stereoscopic camera that looks very much like Microsoft's Kinect device.

Sony sadly skipped over some rumors of the PS4 like the rumor you always need online or the rumor that you can't play used games. I also saw a rumor that the PS4 will be priced at $450.

So that's all I know on the console so here are some games announced for the PS4:
Second Son
DriveClub
The Witness

We also got footage of:
Destiny
Watchdogs
Killzone: Shadow Fall

And Blizzard said Diablo 3 would be on PS4.

So that's all I know on the topic.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/leokanexyz

Sony: PS4 and not much more?
Page 1 of 1