World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

EW Banlist the Second

Go down 
+5
akaFila
mimgrim
Alibaba
Nour Force
EW
9 posters
AuthorMessage
EW
WDA Member
WDA Member
EW

Achievement Points : 7
Waifu : --

EW Banlist the Second Empty
PostSubject: EW Banlist the Second   EW Banlist the Second EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 2:46 am

Base List: Sept.2012
Changes:

Banned:
Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
Rescue Rabbit
Judgment Dragon
Dark Armed Dragon
Blaster, Elemental Dragon of Calderas
Tempest, Elemental Dragon of Hurricanes
Tidal, Elemental Dragon of Waterfalls
Redox, Elemental Dragon of Crags
Atlantean Marksman
Atlantean Dragoons
Atlantean Heavy Infantry
Inzektor Hornet
Morphing Jar
Gorz, the Emissary of Darkness
Honest
Exodia, the Forbidden One
Blaze Fenix, the Burning Bombardment Bird
Number 16: Shock Master
Number 11: Big Eye
Hieratic Dragon of Atum
Super Dreadnought Turret Train Gustaph Max
Pot of Avarice
Gateway of the Six
Card Destruction
Divine Judgment of the Spellbooks
Monster Reborn
Royal Tribute
Limiter Removal
Ulimate Offering
Magical Explosion
Naturia Beast

Limit:
Dark Magician of Chaos
Metamorphosis
Brionac, Dragon of the Ice Barrier
Wind-Up Magician
Tour Guide from the Underworld
Fire Formation - Tenki
One Day of Peace
Rekindling
Dragged Down Into the Grave

Semi-Limited:
Lonefire Blossom
Plaguespreader Zombie
Gladiator Beast Bestiari
Chaos Sorcerer
Formula Synchron
Black Whirlwind
Blackwing - Gale the Whirlwind
Blackwing - Kalut the Moon Shadow

Unlimit:
Debris Dragon
Destiny HERO - Malicious
Lumina, Lightsworn Summoner
Summoner Monk
Tragoedia
T.G. Striker
Inzektor Dragonfly
Hieratic Seal of Convocation
Advanced Ritual Art
Book of Moon
E - Emeregency Call
Mind Crush

weeeeeeeeeeee

Last edited by EW_Zero on Mon Mar 25, 2013 9:46 am; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: EW Banlist the Second   EW Banlist the Second EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 2:51 am

Basically
Dead:
Chaos
Elemental Heroes
Rabbit decks
Atlanteans
Exodia
Six samurai
Staples

Limit the:
Stuff you affected lately.

Revive:
Plantspam
Zombiespam
Blackwing
TG decks

Is this your idea?
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

PostSubject: Re: EW Banlist the Second   EW Banlist the Second EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 2:55 am

yea.....no
Back to top Go down
EW
WDA Member
WDA Member
EW

PostSubject: Re: EW Banlist the Second   EW Banlist the Second EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 2:59 am

Nour Force wrote:
Basically
Dead:
Chaos
Elemental Heroes
Rabbit decks
Atlanteans
Exodia
Six samurai
Staples

Limit the:
Stuff you affected lately.

Revive:
Plantspam
Zombiespam
Blackwing
TG decks

Is this your idea?

HEROs are not dead, they have a bunch of search cards still. Stratos searched WAAAYY too much stuff and did way too many things alone.
Sams win without Gateway.
Atlanteans should never have been made.
Chaos sorc is @2.

and zombies still have mezuki @1
Back to top Go down
mimgrim
WDA Member
WDA Member
mimgrim

Waifu : mimgrim

PostSubject: Re: EW Banlist the Second   EW Banlist the Second EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 3:13 am

I don't even.... Do you even understand this game?

List is way, way, way to big to begin with, I could make the format allot more balanced with a much. much, much smaller list. Then obviously you are being very biased in your list, which is a no no in my opinion. You are obviously hitting cards that have beaten you time and again, like BLS, which isn't even broken by the way, Gladiator Beast Andal is much more broken lol. And just so much general fail I don't know where to begine.

Also its to early for predictions of the next banlist because the new format like just started and we don't know for sure which deck will dominate this format.

Fail list is fail.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

PostSubject: Re: EW Banlist the Second   EW Banlist the Second EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 3:15 am

ew your banlist is bad you are just killing everything you don't like and bringing back whatever you actually like
Back to top Go down
akaFila
Splash Duelist
 Splash Duelist
akaFila

Achievement Points : 28
Waifu : ~akaFila~

PostSubject: Re: EW Banlist the Second   EW Banlist the Second EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 8:51 am

#Skipping6Months2LookCool
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
WDA Member
WDA Member
NotSoGallantGallade

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: EW Banlist the Second   EW Banlist the Second EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 9:35 am

If you're going to make one of these "KILLKILLKILL" lists like this, at least ban One Day of Peace. =/
Back to top Go down
Joker
WDA Member
WDA Member
Joker

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Jokercard

PostSubject: Re: EW Banlist the Second   EW Banlist the Second EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 3:36 pm

Here's the thing, you are only suggesting to ban the things that you dont like being used against you, if you used them yourself you would see how they are actually not that over powered, yes some of the cards are "game changers" but that does no warrant them a ban because of that.
Back to top Go down
EW
WDA Member
WDA Member
EW

PostSubject: Re: EW Banlist the Second   EW Banlist the Second EmptySat Mar 02, 2013 6:23 pm

mimgrim wrote:
I don't even.... Do you even understand this game?

List is way, way, way to big to begin with, I could make the format allot more balanced with a much. much, much smaller list. Then obviously you are being very biased in your list, which is a no no in my opinion. You are obviously hitting cards that have beaten you time and again, like BLS, which isn't even broken by the way, Gladiator Beast Andal is much more broken lol. And just so much general fail I don't know where to begine.

Also its to early for predictions of the next banlist because the new format like just started and we don't know for sure which deck will dominate this format.

Fail list is fail.

akaFila wrote:
#Skipping6Months2LookCool

Joker wrote:
Here's the thing, you are only suggesting to ban the things that you dont like being used against you, if you used them yourself you would see how they are actually not that over powered, yes some of the cards are "game changers" but that does no warrant them a ban because of that.

All 3 of you completely missed the point. I'm just gonna go into depth and disect each of these posts and why you haven't added anything really constructive or thought-provoking to the topic at all. Starting with mimgrim's post. First of all, the "you are butthurt" excuse is one of the reasons DNF's posting quality is cancerous and abyssmal. Please do not drag this thread down with bullshit like this. I am in no way "butthurt" or "mad" for banning a bunch of, what I feel, with honest justification, are ban-worthy cards.

The fact you say I keep losing disturbs me that you are judging a banlist on the poster's skill, and overall, making more insults at me than you are judging the banlist. Your only actual "point" is that BLS is not broken. I argue otherwise. BLS is awful for the game. You then go on to say, I assume sarcasticially, atleast I fucking hope this is sarcasm, that Andal is less broken than BLS. Even if this was sarcasm, you're commenting on a serious thread and thus I feel no place for sarcasm. I'm now going to compare the two cards side by side, in an empty vacuum of space, where no other cards exist.

BLS:
- Easily Summonable
- 3000 Boss Monster that doesn't take your Normal Summon
- Can attack twice for zero cost.
- Can remove monsters for free.

Andal:
- Gladiator Beast.
- 1900ATK.

If I could continue, BLS is supported by Honest, and Andal by Tenki and HOTFP, but that is still an absurd comparison. You then go on to say it's too early for predictions. This is not a prediction list. What made you think this? You then say my list is fail, but give no reasoning, valid justification or argument. All in all, your post contributed absolute jack.

@akaFilla: I like spam.

@Joker: It doesn't matter which player is using the card. By attempting to justify your reasoning as me being "butthurt" or whatever, your argument is going to be full of holes if I were to present my reasoning for banning each individual card, which I can certainly do if you give me some time to type it out. I have no problems with reversal cards. However, I only feel reversal cards should punish poor gameplay by your opponent. Not, I drew X and Y card, I win now.

Gallade's post was actually the most helpful out of all the replies. I could argue it's the only one that actually was constructive and helped the topic in general. So I'll answer it by saying: ODoP will probably be limited. I was testing some things last night, and doing some theory, and a update will be made later.

Also, if I sounded like a dick in this post, I didn't mean to, just remember this: When I'm debating/arguing something, I'd rather say what I'm thinking than lie and not advance it any. So, no offense, but half of these posts were pretty bad.

Back to top Go down
mimgrim
WDA Member
WDA Member
mimgrim

PostSubject: Re: EW Banlist the Second   EW Banlist the Second EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 2:42 am

EW Banlist the Second Tumblr_mi6ku9Q4Tf1s3zklbo1_1280

That says it all on how Andal is more broken then BLS. Ok sure BLS is supported by honest, but so are the Lightrays, Hyperion, and other popular light monsters, should they be banned to? Bls is also almost unsearchable this format and is easy to get rid of this format. It is not broke in the slightest at 1. Now if it was at 2 or 3, that would be a problem. Now look at andal, Its Rabbit target, and GB target, Can run into TKR, It is earth so there are allot more cards to support it, and it is also a Beast-Warrior which have gotten some good support recently. From the standpoint, Andal is much more broken then BLS is. Sure BLS is easy to summon, has good effects, and is a good beater, but you basically have to be able to top deck it first and then keep it on the field.

Now you complain about me not bringing up a good argument against your list but your list is sooo big that it would be exhausting to go over everything. But I will see what I can do.

First off Exodia, if you ban this card it is simply because you loose to it allot and don't know how to counter it. Sure it is an instant win but it is easy enough to counter, plus its been around since like forever and doesn't deserve a ban in the slightest. The only reason some one would ban this card in the first place is because they are, as you put it, "butthurt" to Exodia decks.

You piratically killed Atlanteans and Elemental Dragons in one list when they should be hit over several lists instead, gradually slowing them down.

Morphing Jar isn't even really used all that much any more, not even in DW, and its effect isn't really that big of a deal, its fine at 1.

Gorz, oh yea let OTKs go wild now.

Stratos, oh yea lets make HEROES almost useless now, joy of joys.

Honest, oh yea lets see even less light decks now.

Ok thats it, I'm done, there is just so much fail here, and I don't feel like typing anymore... You claim this balances the format, but in truth it hurts it to much. Just looking at this list will make anyone think you are "butthurt" about all these decks. The format could get allot more balanced with a much smaller list.
Back to top Go down
EW
WDA Member
WDA Member
EW

PostSubject: Re: EW Banlist the Second   EW Banlist the Second EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 3:25 am

mimgrim wrote:
EW Banlist the Second Tumblr_mi6ku9Q4Tf1s3zklbo1_1280(1)

That says it all on how Andal is more broken then BLS. Ok sure BLS is supported by honest, but so are the Lightrays, Hyperion, and other popular light monsters, should they be banned to? Bls is also almost unsearchable this format and is easy to get rid of this format. It is not broke in the slightest at 1. Now if it was at 2 or 3, that would be a problem. Now look at andal, Its Rabbit target, and GB target, Can run into TKR, It is earth so there are allot more cards to support it, and it is also a Beast-Warrior which have gotten some good support recently. From the standpoint, Andal is much more broken then BLS is. Sure BLS is easy to summon, has good effects, and is a good beater, but you basically have to be able to top deck it first and then keep it on the field.

Now you complain about me not bringing up a good argument against your list but your list is sooo big that it would be exhausting to go over everything. But I will see what I can do.

First off Exodia, if you ban this card it is simply because you loose to it allot and don't know how to counter it. Sure it is an instant win but it is easy enough to counter, plus its been around since like forever and doesn't deserve a ban in the slightest. The only reason some one would ban this card in the first place is because they are, as you put it, "butthurt" to Exodia decks. (2)

You piratically killed Atlanteans and Elemental Dragons in one list when they should be hit over several lists instead, gradually slowing them down. (3)

Morphing Jar isn't even really used all that much any more, not even in DW, and its effect isn't really that big of a deal, its fine at 1. (4)

Gorz, oh yea let OTKs go wild now. (5)

Stratos, oh yea lets make HEROES almost useless now, joy of joys. (6)

Honest, oh yea lets see even less light decks now. (7)

Ok thats it, I'm done, there is just so much fail here, and I don't feel like typing anymore... You claim this balances the format, but in truth it hurts it to much. Just looking at this list will make anyone think you are "butthurt" about all these decks. The format could get allot more balanced with a much smaller list.

1. Stop being stupid.
2. Exodia is the biggest solitare cancer on this game. It doesn't deserve to exist and I certainly don't want it in my format. Being around since forever is not an excuse.
3. This is not a realistic Konami banlist, I already said this. The cards should never have been made in the first place, I merely am attempting to fix the game.
4. Morphing Jar and Card Destruction only exist to fuel Degenerate Strategies. Dark Worlds is a poor excuse as the best builds do not run them.
5. Trago is at 3 here, Battle Fader exists, Swift Scarecrow exists. That is a shitty excuse to keep a bullshit card around.
6. If a deck relies on a broken card to exist, it deserves to die. Not that HEROs will become unplayable, play the deck to realise it can function without stratos.
7. Honest is a bullshit card that should not exist, therefore it has been banned. I don't see a problem.
Back to top Go down
rjuto
WDA Staff
 WDA Staff
rjuto

Achievement Points : 28

PostSubject: Re: EW Banlist the Second   EW Banlist the Second EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 3:48 am

You're judging a friggen WDA wishlist mimgrim. Go find sth to do with your life, like me!
Back to top Go down
EW
WDA Member
WDA Member
EW

PostSubject: Re: EW Banlist the Second   EW Banlist the Second EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 4:24 am

Rjuto wrote:
You're judging a friggen WDA wishlist mimgrim. Go find sth to do with your life, like me!

was that a compliment or insult because i do have reasons to back my changes.
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
WDA Member
WDA Member
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: EW Banlist the Second   EW Banlist the Second EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:26 am

Fantastic, because I haven't seen you go in-depth on a lot of the questioned changes, just saying platitudes like "Atlanteans never should have been made" or that a card is a "bullshit card." If you're going to reply to the haters, you gotta do so with actual logic, not just weak parrying with trite statements about your choices.

And by the way, this is coming from someone who does see and agree with quite a lot on this list, though I too have several disputes, in what got hit, what didn't, and what's behind the list (in terms of motive, etc, though that's not meant to be effrontery towards you).
Back to top Go down
EW
WDA Member
WDA Member
EW

PostSubject: Re: EW Banlist the Second   EW Banlist the Second EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 7:38 am

NotSoGallantGallade wrote:
Fantastic, because I haven't seen you go in-depth on a lot of the questioned changes, just saying platitudes like "Atlanteans never should have been made" or that a card is a "bullshit card." If you're going to reply to the haters, you gotta do so with actual logic, not just weak parrying with trite statements about your choices.

I'm lazy, but I'll basicially explain it like this

atlanteans never should've been printed on the grounds that they make costs a complete joke and a non-issue, and are, overall, the underlying problem in Monomail. Adding into account they have effects on the field, Infantry being a Pollux for Sea Serpents, the fact that Dragoons can search ANY Sea Serpent, and Marksman pulling from deck. They just do far too much and overall are some of the worst card designs I've ever seen. A cost should be just that. A cost. Not an advantage.

Elemental Dragons are just fucking stupid, splashable boss monsters with rediculously good effects and mostly high stats. The fact they can be summoned over and over from the graveyard, fuel each other, and also have no real cost to be summoned back makes them just rediculous. Adding in the baby forms that tutor them from the deck, it's just beyond a joke at this point. I honestly feel it would be easier to just go the full kilometer and ban all 4 of them than to patch up the problems and justify their existance in the format.

Honest is a battle trap to the extreme. It only restricts to LIGHTs. Destroys the attacking monster 9/10 times, deals damage to the attacker and also almost all the time ends their battle phase. You can also drop Honest to get your LIGHT Monster over anything, and I just feel it's not good for the game state I'm trying to create. If you want Battle Traps, there's DPrison and similar. It is also very almost uncounterable, and the presence of a weak LIGHT monster changes player mentality almost unhealthily all because of this card.

Photonize exists if you want a balanced version.

Stratos also searches way too many cards. I don't care if half of them are unplayable, it having about 70 different targets for it's search is too much. There's also the fact Stratos works when Normal or Special Summoned, can nuke backrows, can search Bubbleman to make an instant 2200 dual attacker, or a 4000 stick, can search Neos Alius, Diamond Dude, Malicious, be fodder for Miracle Fusion, can be added to your hand with Warrior Returning Alive, summoned from the deck with AHL, etc. It truely is the best search Monster ever printed. Now, believe me when I say this: Back in the day, I played Big City. I still tinker around with various HERO builds all the time. HEROes are one of my favorite archetypes collectively. I really didn't want to have Stratos banned.

Either way, Stratos being banned is... debatable. It's been on there since the inception of the EW Format about a month or two ago. My friend and I IRL have been testing it, and it may come off soon. Also, you mentioned what didn't get hit, go ahead and state those cards if you want.I'm open to criticism, I can't improve this without it.

Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
WDA Member
WDA Member
NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: EW Banlist the Second   EW Banlist the Second EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 8:15 am

Well, I already brought up One Day of Peace, so there's that.

I still am absolutely firm in my stance that Inzektor Hornet can and very likely should take the banhammer to the face, even if it means Dragonfly goes back to 3. While his capacity has been a bit more limited because of Dragonfly at 1, the fact of the matter is that he still changed an entire format as much as or more than any other card. Cards like Dimensional Prison, Thunder King Rai-Oh, et cetera were seeing no play in main-decks because of Hornet as a threat back then, and he's still THE icon of the Inzektors. He punishes the foe merely for putting cards on the field, he punishes the foe for not putting cards on the field. He pops anything you put down, or he can pop his own side's cards for benefits (*coughSwordcough*). Drop Gorz if you leave yourself open? They pop it without a sweat. There should not be a reusable card that plusses and fuels combos by destroying the foe's cards.

Also, it took Hornet and Dragonfly getting limited for them to win a YCS. Go figure. XD

The case could be made for you to hit another sort of card reserved for troll/FTK decks, whether it's Mind Augus in Gishki FTK or something else, but that's not a pressing matter.

Personally, I feel that an issue that should be addressed of remedied (though it doesn't necessarily need to go on the list) is themed Lances (i.e. Infestation Prophecy, Spellbook of Wisdom, etc). While I personally adore Forbidden Lance and feel like it's quite good right now with the larger backrows, but adding in these themed, searchable versions of the card is incredibly unhealthy I think and gives the decks a bit too much of a 'common play,' so to speak, where it's just always Xyz Ophion, detach, search Lance (whether you have one, had one, or not), rape; search Wisdom with Secrets/Master/whatever the hell, play Priestess, pop shit, set Wisdom if you didn't have to use it then, go. It's just too much to allow decks to run up to 6 of that sort of card.

I see no direct Dark World hits, which seems a bit odd for someone who constantly refers to this as killing degenerate decks. At the very least limit Dragged Down Into The Grave.

Rekindling isn't hit? That's one I'd very likely stick on a list if I made one of these (and now it's not just because of Lavals).

Just random shit to ponder.
Back to top Go down
EW
WDA Member
WDA Member
EW

PostSubject: Re: EW Banlist the Second   EW Banlist the Second EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 8:20 am

While zektors aren't the best with 1 hornet/1 fly, I feel that banning Hornet would completely kill the deck in it's entirety. I hit Card Destruction as far as DWs are concerned, despite being Degen, they die to the sideboard far more than any other deck ever, but I have considered dragged down @1 too. Oops, forgot Rekindling... that was on here, apparently it got omitted somehow.

Back to top Go down
mimgrim
WDA Member
WDA Member
mimgrim

PostSubject: Re: EW Banlist the Second   EW Banlist the Second EmptyTue Mar 05, 2013 10:43 am

Rjuto wrote:

Easier said then done considering I am home schooled and live in a RV park. e.e

Not much to do with my life. :/
Back to top Go down
EW
WDA Member
WDA Member
EW

PostSubject: Re: EW Banlist the Second   EW Banlist the Second EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 1:03 am

changes:

rekindling to 1
hornet to 0
dfly to 3
dragged down to 1
mind crush to 3
Back to top Go down
cheymcfly
WDA Member
WDA Member
cheymcfly

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Cheyasaurus

PostSubject: Re: EW Banlist the Second   EW Banlist the Second EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 5:23 am

mimgrim wrote:
EW Banlist the Second Tumblr_mi6ku9Q4Tf1s3zklbo1_1280

First off Exodia, if you ban this card it is simply because you loose to it allot and don't know how to counter it. Sure it is an instant win but it is easy enough to counter, plus its been around since like forever and doesn't deserve a ban in the slightest. The only reason some one would ban this card in the first place is because they are, as you put it, "butthurt" to Exodia decks.

You piratically killed Atlanteans and Elemental Dragons in one list when they should be hit over several lists instead, gradually slowing them down.

Morphing Jar isn't even really used all that much any more, not even in DW, and its effect isn't really that big of a deal, its fine at 1.

Gorz, oh yea let OTKs go wild now.

Stratos, oh yea lets make HEROES almost useless now, joy of joys.

Honest, oh yea lets see even less light decks now.

I really wish there was a neg rep just for this post alone.

BLS is splashable in many meta decks, I will not say most because I am guessing I will get the "WATER DECKS DONT UZE HIM" responses. Having counters to a card =\= it's not broken. I wish people understood this....oh speaking of counters...So BLS Is easy to get rid of this format? When we only have one warning now? Sure there is always BTH, torrential, solemn judgement, but that's just one less card we have to counter him. Now I never see BLS being played especially by pro ygo players unless it is for game, so keeping him on the field isn't that hard when in most cases you go for game. The other cases I see BLS just being splashed onto the field is to get rid of a beater. If you summon BLS just because you can and then can't keep it on the field that is your problem. Your reasons for Andal being more broken are just ridiculous. I really hope you weren't serious at all and I am just misinterpreting your joke.

Quote :
I'm done, there is just so much fail here,
The irony.
Back to top Go down
mimgrim
WDA Member
WDA Member
mimgrim

PostSubject: Re: EW Banlist the Second   EW Banlist the Second EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 5:58 am

While BLS is splashable, you rarely see him in any of the competitive decks right now, like you said there is water, but there is also fire, Wind-Up, Macro-Rabbit (The only current meta deck that has an actual chance of teching BLS right now and even then not all do because they are usually banishing all of their monsters with Macro so BLS has chance to be very dead in the deck) Dark World, and those are just the decks I can think of off the top of my head. Heck off the top of my head the most competitive deck that I have seen tech BLS is Agents. Otherwise I jsut mostly see him in Chaos decks, and those aren't exactly popular anymore. Secondly, while the picture was probably intended as a joke it has truths to it, plain and simple. Sure BLS has 3k ATK and a good effect and isn't to hard to summon, but you only have ONE of him, and if you mess up on summoning him, and yes that is possible, even for "pros", you lose him. And also lets go on your splashable reason, yes he can be splashable, which makes him a good generic boss monster, which the game is sadly lacking, plus there are not any EASY ways to search out BLS, heck I can't even think of any hard ways of getting him out, perhaps Chaos Zone but I would have to read that card's effect again. Heck only support cards I can think of for BLS is Honest and Primal Seed that is only 2 Support cards right there and are poor excuses for banning him to boot. Now look at andal sure he isn't as much of a beater as BLS and doesn't have an effect but look at all the support he has. When you compare them, Andal is the more broken one, of course I am not actually suggesting Andal gets banned I was just using that as an example of BLS not being broke. Also BLS is not as splashable as you might think, sure it can be splashed into CERTAIN decks that aren't chaos but not all and not as many as you might think.
Back to top Go down
EW
WDA Member
WDA Member
EW

PostSubject: Re: EW Banlist the Second   EW Banlist the Second EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 6:20 am

mimgrim wrote:
While BLS is splashable, you rarely see him in any of the competitive decks right now, like you said there is water, but there is also fire, Wind-Up, Macro-Rabbit (The only current meta deck that has an actual chance of teching BLS right now and even then not all do because they are usually banishing all of their monsters with Macro so BLS has chance to be very dead in the deck) Dark World, and those are just the decks I can think of off the top of my head. Heck off the top of my head the most competitive deck that I have seen tech BLS is Agents. Otherwise I jsut mostly see him in Chaos decks, and those aren't exactly popular anymore. Secondly, while the picture was probably intended as a joke it has truths to it, plain and simple. Sure BLS has 3k ATK and a good effect and isn't to hard to summon, but you only have ONE of him, and if you mess up on summoning him, and yes that is possible, even for "pros", you lose him. And also lets go on your splashable reason, yes he can be splashable, which makes him a good generic boss monster, which the game is sadly lacking, plus there are not any EASY ways to search out BLS, heck I can't even think of any hard ways of getting him out, perhaps Chaos Zone but I would have to read that card's effect again. Heck only support cards I can think of for BLS is Honest and Primal Seed that is only 2 Support cards right there and are poor excuses for banning him to boot. Now look at andal sure he isn't as much of a beater as BLS and doesn't have an effect but look at all the support he has. When you compare them, Andal is the more broken one, of course I am not actually suggesting Andal gets banned I was just using that as an example of BLS not being broke. Also BLS is not as splashable as you might think, sure it can be splashed into CERTAIN decks that aren't chaos but not all and not as many as you might think.

gee, shapesnatch is the best fucking card ever, look at all the Machine and DARK support. Stop being stupid, please...

Back to top Go down
mimgrim
WDA Member
WDA Member
mimgrim

PostSubject: Re: EW Banlist the Second   EW Banlist the Second EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 6:24 am

EW_Zero wrote:
mimgrim wrote:

gee, shapesnatch is the best fucking card ever, look at all the Machine and DARK support. Stop being stupid, please...

Imma use your own argument against you, I ahve clearly defended my stance on BLS but you have just been insulting me and not giving good reasons why. So either back up your reasoning on BLS like I have admit you got nothing.
Back to top Go down
EW
WDA Member
WDA Member
EW

PostSubject: Re: EW Banlist the Second   EW Banlist the Second EmptyWed Mar 06, 2013 7:31 am

mimgrim wrote:
EW_Zero wrote:
mimgrim wrote:

Imma use your own argument against you, I ahve clearly defended my stance on BLS but you have just been insulting me and not giving good reasons why. So either back up your reasoning on BLS like I have admit you got nothing.

Just reading the damn card should give you enough an idea. I also did give my reasoning, the fact it's a degenerate 3k beater for free that can attack twice or remove something for free every turn. Your 'stance' on BLS is almost a complete joke considering you're comparing BLS to a vanilla.

I shouldn't have to back up the blatantly obvious by pointing out this format is far slower and takes more effort to win and BLS just takes a fire hydrant to the face of this, plus the fact the card is pretty dumb in general, it just shouldn't exist, but it does, but it should never have come off the banlist in the first place, while it isn't the same as what it was back in 2k whenever, it's still a dumb card I honestly have never advocated the existance of.

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: EW Banlist the Second   EW Banlist the Second Empty

Back to top Go down

EW Banlist the Second
Page 1 of 1