World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Deck Check: Spectral Duke Dragon

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mau5
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mau5

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Necro61

Deck Check: Spectral Duke Dragon Empty
PostSubject: Deck Check: Spectral Duke Dragon   Deck Check: Spectral Duke Dragon EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 12:31 pm

Spectral Duke Dragon is one of the top decks in the TCG, earning the top spot on the 2012 world tournament and still prevalent among the DOTE/MLB format today. Why is this deck still good, even though the highest it'll hit for is 19,000? The answer isn't in the card itself. It's what leads up to the card, otherwise called the "Ride Chain". SDD is one of the best ride chains in the TCG today, with each stage of the chain you can retire one Gold Paladin unit to call 2 cards from the top of your deck to your field, with an exception to Black Dragon Whelp, Vortiemr, which allows you to check the top 7 cards of your deck for either the grade 2 or 3 of the ride chain.

Grade 0:
Of course the deck starts with Black Dragon Whelp, Vortimer, the starting Vanguard is extremely important to any deck. The trigger lineup of SDD can vary. Some players like to play a balance of 6 draws and 6 criticals, others like to play 8 criticals and 4 draws. It all depends on how you like to play.

Grade 1:
The start of the chain is Scout of Darkness,Vortimer, so it's an easy given for 4 of him. The trick to this deck is the grade 1 lineup, however. I play an aggro build myself, so I run 4 Gareths, 4 Halo Shields and 2 Sleygal Dagger. Other builds can use cards like Dindrane, which when called from the deck can soul blast 1 to draw 1 card. Others use War Horse, Raging Storm which allows you to fix the ride chain should you miss it.

Grade 2:
The usual 4 Black Dragon Knight, Vortimer. This lineup can vary, either an aggro build, runnign 4 Beaumains, the 10k beater. Or using Lop Ear Shooter, discard 1 Gold Paladin when called from the deck, to check the top 3 cards and call a Gold Paladin unit at rest. Almost all Gold Paladin decks use Player of the Holy Bow, Viviane, it's a counterblast 1 to call a unit from the top of your deck, pretty decent imo.

Grade 3:
3 or 4 Spectral Duke, given. Here's where you can have some fun. I like to run Giagantech Destroyer, boosted by Gareth for 20k columns. Garmore can be teched in for emergency purposes, and Chrome Jailer Dragon can be played with this deck for the lulz.

Well that's my breakdown of the Spectral Duke Dragon deck and its variants, let me know what you think, comments, tips, anything I missed, let me know.
Back to top Go down
Ventus
WDA Member
WDA Member
Ventus

Achievement Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Deck Check: Spectral Duke Dragon   Deck Check: Spectral Duke Dragon EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 1:51 pm

good job mau i dont think i could of written any better besides i really do disagree on 4 beaumains but hey its preference.
Back to top Go down
Mau5
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mau5

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Necro61

PostSubject: Re: Deck Check: Spectral Duke Dragon   Deck Check: Spectral Duke Dragon EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 2:19 pm

DarknessX wrote:
good job mau i dont think i could of written any better besides i really do disagree on 4 beaumains but hey its preference.

Like I said, it's because I run an aggro build, I attack my opponent's vanguard all out.
Back to top Go down
Ventus
WDA Member
WDA Member
Ventus

Achievement Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Deck Check: Spectral Duke Dragon   Deck Check: Spectral Duke Dragon EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 2:20 pm

Mau5 wrote:
DarknessX wrote:

Like I said, it's because I run an aggro build, I attack my opponent's vanguard all out.

I know hence why i said it lies with preference
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Deck Check: Spectral Duke Dragon   Deck Check: Spectral Duke Dragon Empty

Back to top Go down

Deck Check: Spectral Duke Dragon
Page 1 of 1