World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

On Rank Points and Dueling

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : MangArmand

On Rank Points and Dueling Empty
PostSubject: On Rank Points and Dueling   On Rank Points and Dueling EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 6:03 pm

I think we all know that YGO isn't all that popular here as it used to be even a year ago. WDA has an incentive for the members to duel, that being the Rank Points and Achievements. We have discussed the issue and in my opinion, there is not much we can do about it as a whole unless we all collectively became interested in playing any kind of YGO again. Some of us did say that we would play if it were super casual in KP or Traditional settings (that's also another suggestion that I'll list later.) So there is at least some hope for YGO here.

Given the opportunity to host an event or see enough duels to recognize it as a consistent effort from the community, I would say that things are fine the way they are. There is really a lack of interest to duel. We know this. I also do not see why we have a ranking system if there is no present leaderboard. I know it would be extensive work on an Excel spreadsheet or a requirement for code, but it would be nice if we had such a thing here

Finally to my main suggestion. Should we maybe generalize Rank Points so that they can be earned in non-YGO events such as Showdown tournaments or Ultimate Otaku? Its more of a question than a suggestion, sorry. My other suggestion is to update the tier system and add on a traditional setting.

Back to top Go down
http://ilikeanimesobiteme.tumblr.com/
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: On Rank Points and Dueling   On Rank Points and Dueling EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 6:15 pm

Reikan wrote:
I think we all know that YGO isn't all that popular here as it used to be even a year ago. WDA has an incentive for the members to duel, that being the Rank Points and Achievements. We have discussed the issue and in my opinion, there is not much we can do about it as a whole unless we all collectively became interested in playing any kind of YGO again. Some of us did say that we would play if it were super casual in KP or Traditional settings (that's also another suggestion that I'll list later.) So there is at least some hope for YGO here.

Given the opportunity to host an event or see enough duels to recognize it as a consistent effort from the community, I would say that things are fine the way they are. There is really a lack of interest to duel. We know this. I also do not see why we have a ranking system if there is no present leaderboard. I know it would be extensive work on an Excel spreadsheet or a requirement for code, but it would be nice if we had such a thing here

Finally to my main suggestion. Should we maybe generalize Rank Points so that they can be earned in non-YGO events such as Showdown tournaments or Ultimate Otaku? Its more of a question than a suggestion, sorry. My other suggestion is to update the tier system and add on a traditional setting.

Did we discuss the issue? I thought it was only ever discussed in staff. Anyways, I may be forgetting something.

Supposedly, the top ranking member should always be on the rankings table. It doesn't change much anyways without people playing to make actual changes to how the ranking system works. I'd consider doing the coding behind a more visible ladder if people played ygo, but without them playing enough I don't see a point to consider it and I don't think it would up interest any more than it is now.

About ranking points applying to other things: If that happened we'd need to ditch the ranking system entirely and start a new one from scratch, while accepting ygo is no longer the main thing. That is because ranking points are supposed to rank you within ygo and it our only way currently to show ygo matters. I am considering making other things count, but only if we do go through with the core system change on main games we were discussing in staff a while ago, which I agree with the conclusion to that we need more work before going there. To begin with, we don't know if people will do inner showdown or Ultimate Otaku enough to integrate it into the ranking system. Rather, I can't see ranking them with another system in Ultimate Otaku when it is not close to the same kind of competition and they even have their own ranking system anyways.

I know I have to update tiers as they are, but I am not doing that before a new banlist goes up for obvious reasons. As for adding non-advanced formats to it, I feel that they would be better off as a special league or a special tournament instead of a standard wda tier if they break certain standard format conventions. I will consider it however for the future. Still, not something to do before september 1st.
Back to top Go down
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

PostSubject: Re: On Rank Points and Dueling   On Rank Points and Dueling EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 6:51 pm

Al-Bhed wrote:
Did we discuss the issue? I thought it was only ever discussed in staff. Anyways, I may be forgetting something.
Well, I can't exactly see the staff section (only Section Mod Section.) I just thought I'd be of use if I pointed to something that was related to all of the shifts and changes to the achievement system--it is a bit relevant. Seems like you guys have it under control though. Thanks for answering all of this.

I wish you all of the luck with the smooth transitions.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: On Rank Points and Dueling   On Rank Points and Dueling EmptySun Aug 11, 2013 10:23 pm

No, I mean this,
Reikan wrote:
...We have discussed the issue and in my opinion...
just saying I don't recall discussing it outside of staff, it seemed weird. But again, maybe my memory fails me, not that it matters.
Back to top Go down
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

PostSubject: Re: On Rank Points and Dueling   On Rank Points and Dueling EmptyMon Aug 12, 2013 4:27 am

http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/t6481-yu-gi-oh-opinions

That was what I was talking about
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: On Rank Points and Dueling   On Rank Points and Dueling Empty

Back to top Go down

On Rank Points and Dueling
Page 1 of 1