World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament

Go down 
+4
Katarina
Unknown
Ryuuji Takasu
Kitouski
8 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : Chino

League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament Empty
PostSubject: League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament   League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 3:41 pm

WDA's League of Legends 1v1 Brawl

Let's see if we can't get one of these going, since we never seem to quite get one off the ground.

Rules:
- This tournament will be played on League of Legends NA. If two players wish to play on a different server, that is fine so long as they're both capable of also playing on League of Legends NA.
- The matches will be Blind Pick.
- The matches will be Best of Three and the Grand Finals will be Best of Five
- EVERY champion is allowed. The champion is not "locked" to you when you make your choice meaning whether it's a different opponent or the next match, you can make any champion choice regardless of your previous ones.
- Players must remain in the Top Lane of Summoner's Rift.
- No Jungle Creeps may be killed.
- Recalling is allowed.
- All Summoner Skills are allowed.
- Crit Chance Runes are not allowed. This is to prevent chance cheesing.
- If a turret in another lane goes down by minions then the player who was on the side that killed the turret will be required to buy two wards in base and drop them. This is to remove the gold gained from that turret falling.
- If you disconnect, you are not disqualified and the same match continues. Whether you reconnect or not, when the win conditions are met, that is considered a match. The only exception to this is your opponent allows a rematch, but only in this scenario. Please test your client and internet connection if you are concerned this will be an issue.
- Spectators are of course allowed, but unless they provide screenshots, they cannot vouch for who the winners and losers were.
- Results of your match will be posted in this thread. To prevent disputes, you can take screenshots of your match.

Win Conditions:
A match will conclude when one of the following occurs:
- First Blood
- First Downed Turret
- Kill 150 minions.

Why not Howling Abyss or another map more suited for 1v1 you ask? That map was designed for a completely different dynamic and not 1v1 laning. The items are MUCH different and the the position of the lane is different, not giving the same experience as a real 1v1 fight. This is to replicate a real laning experience in a match as much as possible, while using things to define score that are associated with doing well in your lane. A similar setup was used both in Plat/Dimamond/Challanger 1v1 tournaments (such as Best Riven NA) as well as the LCS Magma Chamber matches.

Why 1v1? Isn't this a team game? We barely have the members to make a team tournament work, let alone a 1v1 tournament. If we can even get so much as 4 people in this, we've got ourselves a tournament, and I know you League of Legends people are hiding out there. Feel free to drop any questions or concerns in this thread.

Bracket:
http://challonge.com/WDALoL1v1
If you are not listed in a round, you have a bye and are not playing in that round round. The winner will be the person with the most "Game/Set Wins". If there is a tie, the person with the most "Total Points in Games" is favored. If there is a match that you have not played, it will be set as 2-0 in favor of the person who was available to play the match. Exceptions to this will be made and it will generally only be judged this way if someone is completely absent from the academy.

Dates:
You can play any of your rounds at anytime. When confirming a match in this thread, specify your opponent and what round it counts towards. We'll be doing it this way to allow people to play others when they see them available to try to make the tournament flow better.

Deadline to finish all your matches is September 20th.

Last edited by Kitouski on Sat Sep 07, 2013 6:40 am; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
Ryuuji Takasu
WDA Member
WDA Member
Ryuuji Takasu

Waifu : iXcertion

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament   League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament EmptyFri Aug 16, 2013 3:52 pm

IGN: iXcertion
Alt IGN: SmokytheMicah
Also why top lane and not Mid?

Last edited by iXcertion on Mon Aug 19, 2013 11:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament   League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 3:19 am

League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament 3427839676 I don't know what time I'm going to be on. It's pretty random for me so I'll just try my best to do whatever.

UnknownBeast - IGN

Last edited by Unknown on Mon Aug 19, 2013 10:58 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

Achievement Points : 58
Waifu : Prinzessin Kitty

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament   League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 8:37 am

i wud join if it wasnt on NA....
Back to top Go down
Ryuuji Takasu
WDA Member
WDA Member
Ryuuji Takasu

Waifu : iXcertion

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament   League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:36 am

is an account transfer to NA/EU free?

Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament   League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament EmptySat Aug 17, 2013 10:38 am

No. It's 2600 RP.
Back to top Go down
ForceofXero
WDA Member
WDA Member
ForceofXero

Achievement Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament   League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 1:49 am

IGN ForceofXero, can be on any time
Back to top Go down
josh
WDA Member
WDA Member
josh

Achievement Points : 1

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament   League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament EmptySun Aug 18, 2013 4:45 am

i will join to
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament   League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 9:15 am

Bracket:
If you are not listed in a round, you have a bye and are not playing that round.

Dates:
You can play any of your rounds at anytime. When confirming a match in this thread, specify your opponent and what round it counts towards. We'll be doing it this way to allow people to play others when they see them available to try to make the tournament flow better.

Deadline to finish all your matches is September 12th.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament   League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 11:37 am

Round 3, Unknown vs Kitouski

First game: Me on Sion vs Unknown on Lee Sin, game went in my favor.
Second game: Me on Twitch vs Unknown on Lee Sin, game went in his favor.
Third game: Me on Sion vs Unknown on Lee Sin, game went in my favor.
2-1 in my favor.

I GOT PITCHURS FOR MEMORIEZ.
https://i.imgur.com/vlMUX4D.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/zZQHYcB.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/PYsiD4m.jpg
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Waifu : Meheheh

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament   League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 3:19 am

:c You had to wait until I went away for 2 weeks to do this? ;w;
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament   League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 5:01 am

Sorreh. D: I was wondering were you went but no one seemed sure of how long you were going since no permanent post was made on it. xD; If someone doesn't make any battles a week before the tournaments end I could swap you out for them if you like... since I have a feeling that might happen.
Back to top Go down
josh
WDA Member
WDA Member
josh

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament   League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 5:35 am

im going for supa or iXcertion but they are not on poof
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament   League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 6:45 am

Supa isn't in the competition at all.

Though, ultimately what the bracket breaks down to is doing 1 set with everyone. If you find ForceofXero, Unknown or myself available for a match, it'd be good to get them done as well. For now I'll keep an eye out for iXcertion as well, but if he disappears for a long enough period of time I'll swap him with Fish if he's still interested. It's still too early to decide if he's going to be around for the tournament or not though since we started yesterday.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament   League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament EmptyThu Aug 29, 2013 7:30 am

Guys, I hate to say this but I think the member we call "Kitouski" is a hacker. I have very significant proof.

Exhibit A: Lee Sin is blind. It's in his title. "Lee Sin, the Blind Monk". Therefore, Sion's "Cryptic Gaze" should have no effect on one who cannot see the devastating look.

Exhibit B: In Lee Sin's lore, he tried to summon a beast, but instead he summoned a dead boy. After that, he said he would never forgive himself. Who is Sion? "the Undead Champion". After such an incident Lee Sin would no way allow himself to fight against Sion.

Conclusion, disqualify Kitouski, give me the win, and fuck Sion.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament   League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 2:48 am

And here I thought a LoL tournament would finally happen. If anyone listed here (or wants to replace anyone) is actually still interested in this, please post here. Otherwise I'll just cancel this in a few days.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament   League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 3:19 am

._. Well for some reason Josh says he doesn't want to play me. Something about playing Supa or Xertion first or soemthing. I haven't seen iXertion or Force of Xero.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament   League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament EmptyFri Sep 06, 2013 8:14 am

I'LL DO IT.

However with college, my times are limited.
Back to top Go down
Grand Mage
Chaos Traveler
Chaos Traveler
Grand Mage

Waifu : Surberous

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament   League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 2:11 am

I will cover for someone, and Unlike the playgroup adventure I'll specify this time. I AM A STUDENT, this means I have school in the morning Monday-Friday. If somebody changes my name again I will quit instantly.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament   League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 6:40 am

ALRIGHT THEN IT'S OFFICIAL, Xero and iXertion have been replaced by Fish and Suberous. The brackets have been changed to reflect this;

You're fine on the trying to get a match with Josh btw Unknown, you've made a post here and that's all I really need, just an update on the situation of a ton of time passes. If you read this Josh, which I'll send you a message in a bit too, you NEED to get ALL your matches done by the deadline or you're forfeiting every match you don't complete to your of the opponent. This goes for everyone. Because there was a change in roster and a couple of us are students, I've extended out the deadline to the 20th, which is a pretty hefty extension. I just don't want anyone rushing or having conflicting schedules as well. If you can't get a hold of a certain opponent after some time, leave a post here stating such.

Thanks a bunch for joining and filling spots as well you both, lol.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament   League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 8:24 am

Won 2-0 versus Josh. GG WP.
Back to top Go down
josh
WDA Member
WDA Member
josh

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament   League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 9:08 am

you win gg
Back to top Go down
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

Achievement Points : 58
Waifu : Prinzessin Kitty

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament   League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament EmptySat Sep 07, 2013 10:51 am

i would join if u play eu north and east :(
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament   League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament EmptySun Sep 08, 2013 10:15 pm

I beat Surberous 2 - 0, ggs buddy.

I also beat Unknown 2 - 1, ggs buddy.

In other news, I HAVE FINALLY SURMOUNTED ME FEAR OF REE SINGA.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament   League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament EmptyMon Sep 09, 2013 6:05 am

Fuck. I have to stop trying to be InSec.... GG WP.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament   League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament Empty

Back to top Go down

League of Legends 1v1 Brawl Tournament
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next