World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Playgroup Adventures #3

Go down 
+4
Alibaba
Reikan
danna45
Al-Bhed
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

Playgroup Adventures #3 Empty
PostSubject: Playgroup Adventures #3   Playgroup Adventures #3 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 5:09 am

A dire issue was brought to my attention, greatly concerned I was. People are playing ygo it seems...
Let that sink in...
Surely someone said before "pfft, yeah, right, when people play ygo in WDA again it will be the end of the world", and thus those who understood this prophecy was not to be ignored rushed to me, pleading that I find a solution... Some said we should ban everyone who plays ygo, some said we should hack dn, some said we should give konami terrorist threats, but I being the extreme person that I am did not find any of these solutions sufficient. Instead I declared "WE WILL MAKE THEM PLAY OTHER GAMES" and thus the playgroup adventures were revived, to save the world from destruction.

This is our next game, most of you already know it, some of you already played it, but I have not and I've been curious so we are rolling with it.
Playgroup Adventures #3 Header
WORUFUREIMU!
http://store.steampowered.com/app/230410/
Upon entering this page you will be prompted to enter a fake age, after you do you may download this free to play game.
It is a 3rd person action shooter for those of you who do not know and can be played in co-op with up to 4 people. If more than 4 people play we will split into different groups and so on. I don't know how hefty this may be on your pc, I'll guess not that much though considering I was playing it with 30 or so tabs open on my bad browser at the same time as playing it without issues. Unless your pc is prehistoric ofc, but it wouldn't be able to play anything else either in that case.

Post here if you want to play with us, to join in the steam group ask one of the following people
The group isn't public, so to join the steam group simply ask one of its members on wda to add you. The members currently are:
Acefire17
Al-Bhed
alibaba
Digi
Fwish - Green Garen
Supa - Player-5
DKV (mau5)
Kimo-Force
Seif the Hedgehog
Reikan

So download, join us, fight with us and save the world (dueling academy).

Last edited by Al-Bhed on Sat Sep 14, 2013 6:45 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

PostSubject: Re: Playgroup Adventures #3   Playgroup Adventures #3 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 5:11 am

Well, sure I'll bite. I'll download this later tomorrow or so.
Back to top Go down
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : MangArmand

PostSubject: Re: Playgroup Adventures #3   Playgroup Adventures #3 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 5:59 am

Yay!
Back to top Go down
http://ilikeanimesobiteme.tumblr.com/
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Playgroup Adventures #3   Playgroup Adventures #3 EmptySun Aug 25, 2013 8:20 pm

By the right granted to me by temporary admin powers I have pinned this everywhere. EVERYWHERE.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

PostSubject: Re: Playgroup Adventures #3   Playgroup Adventures #3 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 5:21 am

i'll try downloading it i guess
Back to top Go down
Grand Mage
Chaos Traveler
Chaos Traveler
Grand Mage

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : Surberous

PostSubject: Re: Playgroup Adventures #3   Playgroup Adventures #3 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 5:24 am

Count me in
Steam name is Pandaking

Last edited by Surberous on Wed Aug 28, 2013 3:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Sherlock Holmes
Lil Viper
 Lil Viper
Sherlock Holmes

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ---

PostSubject: Re: Playgroup Adventures #3   Playgroup Adventures #3 EmptyMon Aug 26, 2013 9:40 am

Revival of the Playgroup~
Back to top Go down
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

PostSubject: Re: Playgroup Adventures #3   Playgroup Adventures #3 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 2:25 pm

Well we have 5 or 6 people willing to play. Let's bump this to see who's downloaded it so far... I'm gonna start playing it just in case you guys need some help getting through some levels (I hear things can get hard here and there with this game.)
Back to top Go down
rjuto
WDA Staff
 WDA Staff
rjuto

Achievement Points : 28

PostSubject: Re: Playgroup Adventures #3   Playgroup Adventures #3 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 3:03 pm

Looks better than the last one. Ok, I'll download it.
Back to top Go down
Lupe
WDA Member
WDA Member
Lupe

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Retired

PostSubject: Re: Playgroup Adventures #3   Playgroup Adventures #3 EmptyTue Aug 27, 2013 7:35 pm

Count me in I already downloaded it anyways.
Back to top Go down
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

PostSubject: Re: Playgroup Adventures #3   Playgroup Adventures #3 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 6:26 am

Alright, just saying this now. Beginners should choose the Excaliber Warframe. It's pretty decent and straightforward. Teamwork is preferred--solo play is pretty difficult (especially since the game continues when you're trying to hack locked doors while worrying about enemies shooting at you.)
Back to top Go down
rjuto
WDA Staff
 WDA Staff
rjuto

Achievement Points : 28

PostSubject: Re: Playgroup Adventures #3   Playgroup Adventures #3 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 9:24 am

Download successful, so I'm in.

EDIT: shit wait a min, some updates cannot be downloaded so idk if I'll be able to play, will try to fix that.

EDIT2: game updated, count me in.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Playgroup Adventures #3   Playgroup Adventures #3 EmptyWed Aug 28, 2013 10:11 pm

i'm all set
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: Playgroup Adventures #3   Playgroup Adventures #3 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:40 am

today on the last day of august the end of the end of the world finally began!!!!
sorry i didn't pay attention to the plot of the game but guns and stuff.. i think there were planets? idk

SO AS OUR ADVENTURE THINGY BEGAAAN, WE SPLIT INTO GROUPS. because that's always a great idea..(no it's because we can only have 4 at the same time and we had 5 so...
and so we made armand suffer with lupe as surb, al and i went to shoot shit repeatedly, sometimes slice them. actually it was more doing the jump slide move than anything but whatever.
not sure why but apparently we ended up each choosing a different one of the 3 classes that we start with, i picked the one for experienced players.. apparently.. mostly because i thought we were all going to choose that so we'd die more.. apparently i was the only one as loki class which looked really ugly tbh. so the mission began and apparently they paired us up with someone known as foybac or something.. i'm not sure, al might mention it so good enough. so we set offf on our trail of repeated gameplay where you're paired with 4 other people but have barely any fucking idea what the other 3 are doing... the first level was full of discovery as al discovered that if he runs jumps and crouches he can do a slide.. which we all then repeated for the rest of the night. i discovered something too, apparently i can die..  and al also made efforts to this discovery...and people can revive me..... sometimes..... so along with our discoveries came the discovery of the annoyed foybac whose reaction to us was probably "dafuk"
levels aren't really too long so not long after we left to the very similar looking 2nd stage where i died again, then al came on a horse to my aid and while reviving me was repeatedly stabbed in the back ...i was watching it and laughing... then he died too... luckily surb was there so we didn't actually die.
and a bit after that stage i think... we went to a side stage where we found a different looking place with cool vents and half life monsters, then we got stuck... and had no idea what to do..
so we kept going around the map, mostly al... jumping into a slide.. around the whole map, it was very majestic. i then got lost as my fellow team mates were no longer really on the map, they extended into the point where they're backed up at the corner of the map(the map was a circle) and like i had no idea where they were.. for over 10 minutes.. then i saw al sliding through the air.
after who knows how long, al discovered that there was a rock we could climb. and then the level was over.
at some point we got to a boss level, was a neat little thing. my inability to find the stairs led to me being left behind to the point where subr and al went deep inside the area and then somehow were locked in and murdered where i couldn't get them, so as i was jumping at the door screaming to myself "nuuuuuuuuu allllllll suuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuurrrrbbbb" and ran through half the level(sliding through the air) to discover that people can revive themselves if they fully die, not long after we reached the actual boss and it seemed... normal... for a bit, then he teleported behind us or something i wasn't paying attention, and a lot of enemies appeared and he used thunder. he took 2 of my lives before i realized i can fucking run from his thunder shit. which i did do then started shooting him from far, i ran out of ammo in both my guns and had only a crappy sword left. so after i followed surb going the wrong way i decided to go to where al was and was faced by a lot of enemies while i barely had ammo so i just ran through them finally reaching where al was only to get suddenly stabbed in the back which was enough to kill me with the low health i had while al watched on the pipe not sure how to get to me.. so i died and spectated for a bit, then i saw them fighting enemies so i joined but it was too late, surb died and al was dying and foybac was dying. i went to foybac since he was the closest but he died before i got there, then i went for al who died a while after him and wasn't too far but al died too.... then they all revived and we got stuck on a pipe for a long goddamn time then al and surb figured out how to do it and went and finished it on their own. i eventually figured it out but the time out on when they reach the end of the level ended a bit before i got to them... foybac was never heard from again.
so we heard at this point that armand from the other group disconnected and we got lupe with us and we went on to area number 2.. probably.. it looked different idk.
so after all this time i eventually understood how to make upgrades, i used this knowledge to make my character rainbow colored. then i discovered i can be invisible for a while apparently cuz i'm loki idk
we arrived at a level that i don't remember really cept that i slided through the last quarter of it.. like seriously i just kept fucking sliding down a part of the area and it was fun as fuck. sadly because of lupe's unfortunate stupidity we ended up doing that area twice.
then we were mysteriously voted into  new level, interrupting a lot of us from doing random shit to our characters. and we entered an arcade like level where we had to protect something... i have no idea what it is.
i played suicidal and decide to discover the lovely looking area for half the time, we lasted long but at this point i had an ability that let me switch spots with enemies and so i used this ability to teleport enemies to the base... probably wasn't the best of ideas... considering we lost..
oh well, then after we learned of the magiks of the store i decided to call it a night and surb agreed marking the end of the end of the end of the world.

hmmm... there's an inception joke here.... somewhere...

that is all i have, sorry for the messyness and stuff i'm just kinda sleepy atm.

Last edited by AliBaba on Sun Sep 01, 2013 9:55 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

PostSubject: Re: Playgroup Adventures #3   Playgroup Adventures #3 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 9:56 am

The beginning of space had yet to be saved by the Tenno warriors of the World Dueling Academy. The galaxy needed to be saved by the evil forces of capitalism. Everyone began to flee during times of chaos, our families were disintegrated by plasma torrents, poor little Josh was hit by a spaceship. I decided that I had enough of this shit and began my mission before the others to do what I could for the common good. Justice must be served.

By the time I had invested a lot of my time in saving the galaxy, I was later met up with my peers from the Academy. I felt a slight comfort in having support in this cause. However, we had to split up to save more of the galaxy on different paths. I trusted that Al, Alibaba and Surb would all do fine on their own. I was left with Lupe the Alpaca. I wasn't sure why he was called The Alpaca, but I somehow knew he would be a good asset. I accepted him as my partner to take on the galaxy as an army of two.

During our missions in the foul depths of Mercury, we were encountered by infested beasts. The waves continued to come, over and over again we fired our bullets onto mass swarms of infected demons. During the mission, we were separated! I could not afford to save The Alpaca, for the Alpaca was infamous for being a stealthy bastard anyways. I trusted he would stay alive. I continued on my own and completed my end of the mission.

Finally I journeyed onto Venus alone. The numbers were definitely against me. Stealth was the only way for survival. Alas, I was at a huge disadvantage with the advanced security system of Venus and was discovered by the enemy. I hauled ass out of there and barely made it out alive by sliding down the large, snowy hill to be picked up by HQ.

I now expect to meet up with Seif the Hedgehog tomorrow. My expectations are set very high for this duet.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Playgroup Adventures #3   Playgroup Adventures #3 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 10:33 am

The playgroup has dangerously matured, we have temporarily graduated from random kids to random MASS MURDERERS!
Only temporarily though.
And so, we took up guns, we took up swords, we took up cybernetic suits and set out to commit alien genocide, because for some reason it's ok when it's aliens.

As we were gathering our troops, we realized we had one more person among us. The five of us were, me, Alibaba, Surberous, Reikan and Lupe. Reikan had for some reason put 7.2 hours into the game after the adventure was announced, while lupe is a well known tryhard, so we separated into the appropriate groups:

Team Tryhard
1) Reikan
2) Lupe

Team Cool Noobs
1) Al-Bhed
2) Alibaba
3) Surberous

Upon starting a game for some reason we were joined by user Fobyac, which no one of us knew. Awwwwkwaaaard. Guy was in for a rough ride of randomness is what we thought, we pitied him. So let's update:

Team Cool Noobs + Stranger
1) Al-Bhed
2) Alibaba
3) Surberous
4) Fobyac

Stage 1: Ghostbusters

(Warning, Warframe favours teamwork as much as I favour mobile games, so it's hard for me to get a grasp of what the other guys were doing, meaning it will mostly be from my point of view.)
Fobyac seemed to know the game better far better than us as he was actually following the mission indicator, something I failed to catch on until much later. But that's not important, the important thing is that we used this stage to learn the game. First thing I learned is that Warframe is primarily a game about slashing the air. When playing with a keyboard and mouse (and I imagine the same applies to the controller) the controls of a third person shooter are less than ideal for swordplay, combined with awkward f2p movement and colliders, I would usually run past the enemy and slash what one could only imagine was an invisible ghost. Many ghosts died that day to swords. Aliens on the other hand died to guns. You did good to dodge those slashes aliens, you did good... I also learned about explosives, headshots and how a stage ends. All good fun.

Stage 2: The way of the Leeroy Ninja
Now here's where my mastery of Warframe finally surpassed fobyac and everyone else involved. They thought it was a good idea to shoot from safety and methodically attack stuff and generally stay alive.
No.
That is not how you play warframe.
In Warframe, you gotta go fast. There is a sprint button, and if you don't abuse it you pretty much lose. Trust me, you lose. The way to play warframe is to run right into the middle of an enemy ambush and slash away at things. The way to play warframe is to run and then jump towards an explosive barrel, only to shoot it at point blank while in mid-air to kill the alien next to it. That is how you play Warframe. Of course there are other ways to play warframe, and I learned about most of them in this stage. Run, jump, shoot while in the air at the enemy and while you approach him press the melee attack to hit the ground with a heavy slash. The enemies would take nearly no damage from the whole combo, in fact as soon as I landed, I'd have to start a slash combo of about 5 attacks just to kill that enemy I rushed, all the while being shot by his allies. Of course, it was all worth it, because that's how you play warframe. They didn't know yet, they had yet to catch on, I alone would be the true ninja for now.

Stage 3: Super Ninja Jump Kick Attack
While all of the above is the correct way to play warframe, it is incomplete. That is because it lacks the ultimate super secret technique. Run, jump and while in mid-air, crouch. That will cause you to do a jump drop kick attack. The kick actually does no damage, but it boosts your jump forward, while, most importantly, positions you for an epicly cool shooting animation. Again, no damage, but beautiful nonetheless. Ok, there is another important part. If you repeat this technique, the speed you have is nearly the same as constantly sprinting, but if used correctly you don't run out of the sprint gauge, so it's an excellent way to go through long distances fast.
At this stage we learned of death, and how unimportant it is. Ali died. Then surb noticed and went to revive him. But I objected, what's dead should stay dead so I started slashing at them. Apparently that does nothing so ali was revived safely, violating the laws of nature. Later I died too and learned that we didn't actually die but just fell down and could still shoot at things. Surb came to revive me too. Ali started slashing at me. Basterd, that was totally uncalled for...
It should be noted that even though our locations on the map were changing a lot at this point, at points it looked like we were in the same stage. The amount of assets being reused in this game is insane... It should be noted I had yet to master the super secret technique at this point, so I could not just run ahead of everyone efficiently. Also, guns, guns, guns, swords still couldn't do shit, until...

Stage 4: Hold E to win
Here's a secret about Warframe. Charged melee attacks are OP. Not that charged, their charge ends at about 1 second and they are released. And when they do, unshielded enemies just die, while otherwise they'd need 5 melee hits or bullets. And that's how I navigated the next stage (which again, looked suspiciously similar to the previous ones...), hold E, kill guy, hold E, kill next guy, rinse and repeat until every alien race hates you. And while at it, master the super secret drop kick technique. It's awesome and helped me navigate everything fast. Not only that, but here I discovered an expansion to the super secret awesome ninja drop kick technique. You run, you jump and crouch in mid-air, and while you are doing the drop kick you do the melee attack which causes you to do a super secret awesome mid-air spinning tornado slash. Again, no damage at all since it just won't connect, but still, so cool. Do that, and then hold E and pretend the tornado slash killed them.
Here things got complicated, instead of blindly following the mission indicator like we were always doing, this time we had to rescue a hostage. Impossible, we were all stuck and were wandering like rats. While at it, Ali died. I tried to revive him properly this time, but I was attacked from behind by something ali just wouldn't shoot because he wanted to see me dead, so I died too. We killed what killed me while down and thankfully surberous appeared soon enough to revive us. Something attacked him from behind, but unlike the ungrateful alibaba I properly killed it.
Thankfully, while everyone was just panicking, I found the hostage and we could now go on our way. Check this out hostage, drop-kick! Weeeeee~! Oh, right, you can't do that, you suck.
Anyways, hostage saved, new awesome charge slash technique learned, we moved on.

Stage 5: Al's Mad Stunts
Holy shit, different assets. We were no longer in the same stage. Instead we were in what ali described as "half-life". We would now have to stealthily utilize vents to navigate, which was inconceivable for us at that point, so we would just wander around aimlessly again for a good while until we discovered it. At this point I had mastered the drop kick and could accurately use it for quick 3-dimensional navigation. Others were picking up on it too, and since I was going too fast, they felt like following. That was our downfall. We (and by we I mean I) completely skipped the mission indicator and rushed ahead. I felt like if there was anything behind to do, the other guys who were there would do it, so I could just spend my time killing stuff. Surberous thought the same as me, and followed me ahead. Still, 2 guys, they could do it. When I saw them as well coming with us I started feeling worried, but there were guys to kill ahead, so why not just continue ahead and kill them?
That would be because it was a dead end. As we were completely lost it became apparent to some of us that we should have followed the mission indicator. Surberous on the other hand declared the map broken. As a result of our actions we would just go back and forth in the map trying to find what we missed. I had fun with that, drop kicking all over the place, making the most awesome shortcuts, my ninja skills were godly.
Eventually, I found what we were looking for. There were some stairs we had missed on our way there, which were on a small passage out of the main route (easy to miss I guess), which I just took alone to a vent, which led to another vent etc. while the voice was telling me that they had not found me yet, despite me having killed half their race already. The vents lead to a big machine thingy I had to destroy. That allowed the rest of them to move forward, where I joined them quickly with my godly drop kick skills.
And after clearing some waves, once again we were stuck... This mission was for master ninjas only it seems, as this time I had to climb some rocks, rappel to another part of the stage and go from there, onwards to victory. Apparently I was the only guy who rappelled...

Stage 6: Leeroy's worst day ever
Yet another different stage... personally, I was amazed. It would appear that from here on out, the game was out to punish my awesome ninja skills, as jumping in the middle of an enemy ambush would only give me a bunch of damage. But that wasn't what first got me. What got me instead was stupid fire... I fell into it, it killed me, no one came to my rescue, I wasted my first revive like that... Still, I was again alive, my companions strong and slowly learning the ways of the drop kick, we could still continue.
It was further down the road that my "Hold E to win" strategy really failed me, as I was hit while charging and then gunned down in the middle of a bunch of aliens. I couldn't be revived in time as surb who came to revive me died too and lost my second revive. Things weren't going well...
More importantly though, this mission was one with a boss fight, and safely (hardly, I lose 2 revives) we made it to it. Apparently the guy could teleport, apparently the guy had a bunch of minions, apparently the guy could throw laser bots on the ground which would hit us if we were in their line of sight. We would often revive each other here, but when the boss appeared it wouldn't last for long. I thing everyone but me who ran like a coward to safety with 10 health died at that point and wasted a revive. Nice going team. Eventually, everyone but alibaba learned about the wonders of safety spots, which were safe. In the meanwhile, somehow alibaba kept surviving alone out there, don't ask me. As for the boss, no swords, I'd just use my pistol get a bunch of headshots until his shield dropped, then start taking his life away, rinse and repeat every time he would disappear and reappear later.
He died and we continued onward. Once again, I rushed ahead of the mission indicator and died alone, could not be revived and lost my third revive there. We were all lost until surberous found out that as we were ninjas we could run on walls. Makes sense, should have figured it out. And that didn't just apply to vertical walls but horizontal ones as well. Again, makes sense. Me and surberous made it to the end so the mission ended.

At this point reikan disappeared. To our surprise, Fobyac disappeared after this mission too, so it fell to us to have lupus on our team, who we took in. It should be noted at this point that lupus was talking about how he has double the stats of reikan. Stats. Wtf are those, we are casual, we don't pay attention to that shit. It should also be noted that lupus was playing in the Warframe beta. You are such a tryhard lupus... Anyways, with lupus along we went on to the next mission.

Stage 7: Tryhard chatting
We would learn of the horrors of lupus early in the next mission. He would chat... while playing...
Who has time for that? Does anyone stop the game to chat unless it's really important? But lupus would do it for small stuff... Such a tryhard... Anyways, we found a guy, strange voice told us to capture him, we killed him instead, voice was satisfied anyways and then he disappeared in strange red light. I don't get it. I think it has something to do with lupus. Mission ended, Mercury ended, next planet.

Stage 8: Tryhard skills
Here lupus bragged about having a special skill, and that if we needed it we should ask. Wtf is a skill and how would we ask in the middle of a fight? So tryhard...
Anyways, important lessons to learn here:
1) Doors have sneak lasers which take away your armor. Sucks and kills my momentum, I hate you doors.
2) Hold E to Win is not in fact a viable strategy against robots (mini metal gear gekos, I think). I tried it anyways, but still, not a viable strategy. Trying this not viable strategy while rushing got me killed. Lupe came to revive me and called me bad, such a tryhard.

Stage 9: The X-Box One special
Here's the theme of this stage, there are a bunch of kinects everywhere, and if they see you, they will put up lasers in doors so you won't be able to leave. It's a fun game, because in order to win you have to destroy the kinects. Shoot them all and you win. Or you could glitch the lasers out, but destroying kinects is more fun.

Stage 10: Tryhard Waves
In this stage we had to protect a pod in the middle of a platform. Tactics dictated that we had to stay on the access points of the platform and defend them. Instead of that, people would go down and roam the place as if up on the platform was safe enough... It wasn't, there were two access points, I would protect the one but the other would be unprotected because lupus would be a tryhard and try to snipe guys from somewhere they could not come or go down and hunt guys himself away from the platform, such a tryhard. Or maybe that was surberous, they look similar, still though, same thing. At some point we reached the end of the waves we were required to beat, so the voice asked us if we would complete the mission or stay for more waves. We picked more waves and lupus the tryhard was going on about how awesome and easy it was... We got wiped...

At that point we decided to quit because ali was not trying hard enough and wanted to sleep at some point. Acceptable. The results were good, we got through a bunch of stages, learned stuff about Warframe (except from those that had already played half the friggin game before-hand) and Surberous may be getting his name back from fulfilling his oath to play.

Fobyac was never heard from again...
Back to top Go down
Reikan
Baby Turtle
 Baby Turtle
Reikan

PostSubject: Re: Playgroup Adventures #3   Playgroup Adventures #3 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 11:30 am

If you were with me, I was basically playing the first half of every level like Solid Snake, then the next sequence I was enjoying my fire spitting pistol very much (yes, the first shot on unshielded enemies would set them on FIRE!!!!!!!)
Back to top Go down
Lupe
WDA Member
WDA Member
Lupe

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Retired

PostSubject: Re: Playgroup Adventures #3   Playgroup Adventures #3 EmptySun Sep 01, 2013 7:08 pm

After having Warframe downloaded onto steam for 4 months and never playing it once... I finally found the one that would break the silence.

After going back to re-play Warframe since it has gone open beta with my fellow WDA peers... I learn that my beta ID does not in fact work anymore! I go on to create a new ID, and after learning that we have 5 people willing to play, I make a suggestion of taking Reikan and go on magical adventures of aliens, gun-shooting, blades, horrible stealth mechanics, and listening to some crazy b**** voice that wants us to do stuff.

We started our adventure with me learning that the first two stages look the same... not only literally... but they look the exact same as the first stage in the closed beta testing.... only a bit longer.

For the first stage we were fine, I was wondering why no one was attacking us or why there isnt an army of aliens trying to shoot us while spamming the quote ''STICK TO THE WALL, TRY TO FLANK THEM'' while Reikan was backstabbing aliens so I decided to do that too, for the first quarter I did not understand until while re-learning the sprinting mechanics and ways to go faster, I get detected. We do fine, its the first stage why would we die like some people? Maybe because we played this before? I dunno. We just finish it and do well.

Onto the next stage, Reikan tells me stealth is actually an option.. I tell him that I am good at stealth and we end up doing half the level stealth only the reason we were detected is because we found two aliens glitched out walking into a wall holding hands (literally they were too close together to the point there hands collided) and we decided to take one each to figure out there is no indicator to backstab and we attempt to kill them with blades but nonetheless alarm was sounded.
Each of us died once. (Reikan died, I tried to revive him, I revived him then I went down, then clock-wise Reikan revived me and we continued on.)

ONTO TOLSTOJ!!!!!! We start level, I was configuring something in the settings then checking what would happen if I fell out of map and it would just re-spawn me back to last standing location and then I seek the quest indicator while Reikan is spouting weird stuff like saying glory hole and stand in the square and press the indicator... I had no idea what that was for and what he was saying but I guess glory hole had something to do with us being in pipes. We then do our usual biz by just going through the level until we reached the point where we found a level 5 boss. Being arrogant as I am, I completely ignored all the other aliens and focused on finding that b@##& a()@ of his because he teleports too much. After we annihilated his shield and did some health damage, he burned through my rifle ammo so I ended up going for headshots with the pistol. I learned that we have pissed him off and is now using electric beams/lasers to inflict damage on our shields... then the other aliens just finished on our HP but I managed to escape it until Reikan died, I went to revive him which proved successful but then it cost my life, I told Reikan to run but he revived me but I noticed that after 10 seconds because all my body looked like was some yellow animated s*&(* so I got some cover and we landed more damage on him until he finally died.

Then we come to the next stage which Ali-baba apparently called ''Half-Life'' I can see why, but monsters look like something that came out from DmC 4 or Cry of Fear. They were surprisingly weak to the point where I can just melee them without having to charge and it would kill them, also before Tolstoj Reikan taught me how to get super alien powers or as the game calls it ''Warframe Mods'' , I had pull on, which made things a lot easier for me, we had to destroy some mining machines for that woman who's too lazy to do it herself. She said it was for ''stopping the grineer from producing energy weapons''. I call BS but I still do it because this infact is a game and she doesn't care about my comments. Nobody should though. Anyways onward, we reach final mining machine and weirdly Reikan DCs from game and also goes offline from Steam. (later he blames that I was the one who DCed and host migrated for him) So I inform Al-Bhed while I'm still ingame because there are no enemies there because I melee'd all of them, and I end up joining them.

After I join Al-Boy and Alibaba and Surb we go on magical adventures by clearing the last Mercury stage, and as we say goodbye to Mercury we say hello to icy Venus. Surb keeps voting for the missions and stopping us all from editing in our lovely time at our arsenals. We end up going on the 2nd stage on the branch because Surb doesnt like going by order. We finish the stage but I did not realize that was the 2nd stage until after I made us all re-play through it. Then we play the first stage called ''Aphrodite'' and it ends up as another alien-spaceship raid.

Onward! We reach the final mission we have done for the day, and its a wave survival mission where you have the option to exit every 5 rounds or continue for a better reward, ofcourse first 5 rounds were too easy so I decided to continue and so did the others. So everything was going fine until Round 8.... an enemy shield generator and a shit-ton of enemies came... I had two options, to either pull every single ass out of there and into me and make them fall on the floor looking like they are hugging my feet, or do the stupidest move in the world and deplete all their shields so they can come right back up.

Ofcourse knowing me, I chose option two, that burned through all my power energy and I couldnt use pull. It costed our lives but thats not important as what made us lose was that the nanopod we were supposed to protect, was destroyed.

Verdict on the game;
horrible story, nothing new just another third person shooter with a space samurai theme and extremely difficult leveling while if you want good gear you can either take ages to level up and get gear that is worse than your default starters or pay using cash!

Story was that typical race was pushed to extinction in war and the last survivors were put in deep sleep and now enemy is getting more mean you are needed again your memory is wiped out and every alien in the galaxy is out hunting for you.

Game was def. not meant to be played solo and is only fun when you have friends to play this with, other than that it sucks. But I'd still def. play it.
Back to top Go down
Sherlock Holmes
Lil Viper
 Lil Viper
Sherlock Holmes

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ---

PostSubject: Re: Playgroup Adventures #3   Playgroup Adventures #3 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 2:27 am

Nuuuu, I missssed the Adventureee.
Back to top Go down
Grand Mage
Chaos Traveler
Chaos Traveler
Grand Mage

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : Surberous

PostSubject: Re: Playgroup Adventures #3   Playgroup Adventures #3 EmptyMon Sep 02, 2013 2:38 am

Everyone is making a post of how they experienced the game so I will be doing the same.
Stage one was pretty much entering "babies first FPS" enemies run into line of sign and stand perfectly still only moving when in pain and toppling over. The magical voice in your head pats you on your back for a job well done, gives you a cookie, and sends you on your way to commit genocide. At this point I have no idea what shooting experience any of my teammates have but I have a feeling I shouldn't pay attention to the accuracy of the guy only using his sword.
Spoiler:

Early objectives range anywhere from Genocide to capture the flag and it's pretty fun at this point, no worries,just a casual experience. I couldn't help masturbating my ego to having the highest accuracy with the MVP damage usually. I kept quiet to myself though.

Midgame is when things got kind of annoying and forced you to actually pay attention the the map and objectives. Who the fuck do these people think they are? Forcing me to think and pay attention to your shitty game, anyways the stages for some reason doubled in size and I don't know who started it but apparently Sprinting+Jumping+Crouching midair is the fastest thing on this side of the universe and costs no stamina whatsoever, everyone is doing it, I personally prefer Sprint+Crouch because it gives you a bit more control of your placements but whatevs. Nobody is actually paying attention to the quest marker and this ends up with us Sanicing across the map to only realize the objective was right next to us when we started. Problem being the game has no way of telling you A Y AXIS on the objective, so standing on a quest marker and having no clue what to do was a common thing when your actual objective was 2 floors above you. I may have claimed the map broken at some point. We progressed further into the "HL2" zone. More than once getting lost, at one point we were literally running in circles for 10 minutes before me and Al remembered "we're fucking ninjas" I do this by accident by running into shit and holding space to do backflips over the map, as I jump an incredible distance to the next area stunned by my own amazement I simply proclaim "SCIENCE" in the team chat and continue on, Al found out about this probably a minute before I did and 5 before the rest. At this point it was clear me and Al were the only ones with any parkour experience whatsoever. So then theirs this fucking boss. SO THEN THEIRS THIS FUCKING BOSS RIGHT. largest difficulty spike I have ever seen in my LIFE. the jerkwad has a shield the size of all of our health+Shield combined and incase you didn't pickup, SHIELDS RECHARGE AFTER TIME, and incase you don't GIVE him time he says fuck your shit and summons Morgana's Black shield which is impenetrable and allows him to heal. And after that he drops this Jolteon on the ground that sprays electricity at EVERYONE, nobody expected it, none were spared. I mean Al died because he incapped in a firepit but whatever. Everyones running like a little girl, I decide to go Rambo and Sprint+Jump+super kick into the lower area filled with his henchmen to see if I can get a health+Mana Drop (I'm the only person at this point who has figured out how to equip skills, big whoop wanna fight about it) I have no idea how the boss dies but it does, I end up running back in the map to find a chest with health, but as I return to follow my allies I find I have been left behind AND ALL HENCHMAN IN THE BOSSROOM HAVE REVIVED, with this unknown to me I pretty much charge into the middle of them and die like a loser, spectate for a little while and realize AGAIN everyone is lost and figuring out how to get to the next are. My team needs me, I know they cannot continue alone. I use my revive, surrounded by 20 enemies on spawn at minimum and charge at full speed using all my ninja skills to avoid the bullets gracefully (Meaning I got away with 18 health) and meetup with my confused teamates. I smash every box I can find, turn on my swag and instantly figure out that ninjas can run up walls with no form of grip or logic and backflip onto pipes strong enough to lift aliens. Me and Al continue as the only remaining Ninjas in the universe, Ali was never heard from again or his imaginary friend Fobyac. That's right he never existed, it was a prank.

Lategame, I only call it this because we quit soon after this bullshit and is my most hated part of the level (this is where hating Al comes into play) So we we start getting these ingame objectives n shit. "Get 20 head shots" or "kills 50 enemies with XYZ gun" BUT FUCKING AL DOESN'T CAAAARRREE. Let's not go into the fact he's been playing as Sonic the hedgehog for the past 3 hours but let's talk about him 1 hitting enemies his allies are trying to use to complete their quests.
AND THEN
AND THEN
SEE NOW THERES THESE FUCKIND NEW SKINNED HUMANOID ENEMIES CHARGING AT YOU?
But Surberous-sama, why would they charge into you? can't you just use your amazing pull force power and gun them down?
SHUT THE FUCK UP, I'M TELLING A STORY
This place is filled with fucking robots n shit, and theres this FLYING robot that gives impenetrable shields to it's allies.
Now you might wanna say "just gun down the robot you stupid shit"
Fuck you you fucking fuck, I have 0 ability to deal with flying enemies, what does that mean? I relied of Alibaba and Lupe to do it BECAUSE AL IS STILL USING A FUCKING SWORD IN AN FPS.
I'm not sure
I can't tell 100%
But I think both of them were firing at the shielded enemies...
I won't go deeper into how horrifying this thought is.

BONUS ROUNDS
Protect the Orcish technology from 10 waves of enemies, pretty simple right? I setup on a rock slightly off the defense point but soon realize, Rifles=/= Sniper Rifles and this doesn't work. Now entering Rambo mode, I charge down to the ground (Our defense point was on a pillar) and become just a general target and obstruction for the enemies allowing everyone else to pick them off without worry. We finish the level easily but guess what? FINISHING ISN'T GOOD ENOUGH WE GOTTA DO THE BONUS ROUND. Remember those shielded armies running for us in the previous level? Guess what? they spawn in masse now and nobody knows what to do, we all died before the technology even got destroyed. Queue Ali's excuse so he doesn't have to say he's tired of all of us and our shit and playnight ends. 8.5/10 would do again.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playgroup Adventures #3   Playgroup Adventures #3 Empty

Back to top Go down

Playgroup Adventures #3
Page 1 of 1