World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near

Go down 
+5
NotSoGallantGallade
Unknown
Grand Mage
akaFila
J.J. Knight
9 posters
AuthorMessage
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near   Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 11:30 am

On January 8th, right at the start of 2013, we got the announcement of the brand new Pokemon game. This game created perhaps the biggest buzz in Pokemon in years. Everything from the graphics to the starters, this game looks amazing. It captured many hearts of future trainers and reignited the passion for many Pokemon lovers.

When this trailer first came out, I was entranced immediately. I could not wait to get my hands on a copy and continue my personal journey in the Pokemon World.

From this trailer, we didn't get much. We got the starters, Chespin, Fennekin, and Froakie. We also got the Mascot Pokemon Xerneas and Yveltal[/b]. At the time, we didn't have much else but a nine month wait.

On February 14th, we got a second mysterious trailer. This time, it was of a Pokemon that no one knew nothing of. Many guessed it was an Eeveelution. This Pokemon also began the rumors of a new type of Pokemon being introduced (That will be explained later). It was later confirmed to be Sylveon, an Eeveelution.

For two months, we were left in the dark. It wasn't until April 6th did we get any new information. This time, it was in the form of a new type of Mewtwo. At the time, we had no idea what it was. A new Pokemon, a Mewtwo Form or evolution. A few weeks later, we got this video.

This video did indeed confirm that Mewtwo and this new Pokemon were in fact one in the same. But was it an evolution, or a new form? Only time gave us the answer.

On May 14th, we finally got more details in Pokemon X and Y that everyone craved. We got four newly confirmed Pokemon: Gogoat, Helioptile, Flechling, and Pancham. We also got confirmation of being able to ride Gogoat. But most importantly, WE CAN SIT ON BENCHES.

On June 11th at E3, we got another trailer. Here, we are informed that the new region is called Kalos, which is based off of France. By looking at the map, we can tell that this region will be huge. We also get to see a new Flying/Dragon Pokemon, Noivern and the Bug/Flying Pokemon Viviloin. Viviloin's pre-evolutions were revealed the next day.

However, that wasn't the biggest announcement in the trailer. We also get the reveal of the Fairy Type. Pokemon Marril, Gardevoir, Jigglypuff, and Sylveon are now Fairy Types, and was also confirmed to be Super Effective against Dragons. We also get the reveal of a new feature, Pokemon Amie, which helps the relationship between you and your Pokemon grow.

Later that day, at E3, we get another trailer that introduces two new Battles, Sky Battles and Horde Battles. We also get two brand new Pokemon, Skrelp and Clauncher.

At the Pokemon Roundtable, many questions were answered and revealed at E3. It was revealed that we will get a new System, call the PSS. It was confirmed that we will get Trainer Customization. Horde and Sky Battles were given more details. It was also revealed that Pokemon X and Y would be released on October 12th.

Just three days later on June 14th, we get another video. It confirms that we will have four friends that join us on our adventure. Trevor, Tierno, Shauna, and Serena or Calem. We also get the reveal of the first Gym Leader, Bug user Viola. We get the names of Viviloin's pre-evolutions, Scatterbug and Spewpa. We also get the names of Flabébé and Litleo.

On July 5th, we get a new video from Mr. Matusda talking to us about the origins of the game, and how they developed it. We also get a sneak peek at the new Pokemon, Honedge, an unique Steel/Ghost Pokemon.

On July 12th, we get another video. This time, we get introduced to the new Professor, Sycamore. We also get new Pokemon, such as Inkay and it's evolution, Malamar. Pangoro, Pancham's evolution is also revealed. Spritzee and Swirlix are the new Fairy Pokemon revealed. We are also given the identity of the new Team: Team Flare. Xerneas and Yveltal's types are also revealed, being Fairy and Dark/Flying respectively.

Then, on August 9th, we were introduced to perhaps the biggest news in Pokemon History; Mega Evolution. When holding a specific item, called Mega Stones, Pokemon can Mega Evolve into powerful Pokemon.

Pokemon revealed to have Mega Evolutions at this point are Mewtwo, Lucario, and Blaziken. Ampharos, Mawile, and Absol were revealed to get the two days later. Blaziken was revealed to be in a special distribution with it's Mega Stone, the first official X and Y Wifi Event.

On September 4th, the world was shocked to see the classic Kanto Starters were given new Mega Evolutions. With Mega Blaziken revealed, it was unsure if any Pokemon Starters would be given the Mega Evolutions. Now, with the Kanto Starters being able to Mega Evolve, will the other Starters be able to?

On September 13th, we were finally given the details on the Stage 1 Evolutions to the Kalos Starters. Chespin evolves into Quilladin, Fennekin evolves into Braixen, and Froakie evolves into Frogadier. With their evolutions revealed, it gives us a picture of what they will look like in their final forms. We also get two new Fossil Pokemon, Tyrunt and Amaura, Rock/Dragon and Rock/Ice Pokemon respectively. Furfrou was also revealed, and you can customize your Pokemon's fur. Speaking of Customization, you can customize your character in great detail.

Meowstic was also revealed, which has huge gender differences as well as moveset differences. Pyroar, Litleo's evolution, also has gender differences. Mega Garchomp has also been revealed. Finally, we also have Mega Mewtwo X and Mega Mewtwo Y, two completely different forms depending on the version that you have.

Don't think that's all we know about Pokemon X and Y. We also have a new Pokemon Global Link, Pokemon Bank, Super Training, among many other features.

With less than a month away, we are still waiting for what may be the best Pokemon Game in history. We have many reasons to be excited for the game. Whether it is for customized trainers, new Pokemon, seeing your old Pokemon in 3D, or finally being able to sit down on a bench, Pokemon X and Y is probably the most anticipated game ever. With a worldwide release of October 12th, there is only one question to ask.

What Pokemon Version are you getting?
Back to top Go down
akaFila
Splash Duelist
 Splash Duelist
akaFila

Achievement Points : 28
Waifu : ~akaFila~

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near   Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 1:20 pm

Dat kinky article is kinky ~

X I'm getting ~
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near   Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 2:20 pm

Took me a long time for me to get all the videos and make sure they were right.

I'm personally getting both versions, and because I'm going with my Gen X storyline in the game play, I've decided to get two copies of each so I didn't have to start over (Blaze and Flora for Y, Voltage and River for X at the present time).
Back to top Go down
Grand Mage
Chaos Traveler
Chaos Traveler
Grand Mage

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : Surberous

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near   Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 2:57 pm

More fire type Mega evolves or no deal
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near   Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near EmptyTue Sep 17, 2013 3:51 pm

I would love to get a Typhlosion, Infernape, Emboar, Arcanine, Ninetales, Torkoal, Camerupt, Rapidash, Magmotar, Chandelure, Volcarona, and Pyroar Mega Evolutions.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Waifu : therealUnknown

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near   Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 7:13 am

Yveltal is clearly better. Still need to get a 2ds/3ds. ;~; pls held fund unknown's pokemanz fund
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near   Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 9:45 am

It's funny; Xerneas resists Yveltal's STAB, and is weak to it. Life is stronger than Death.
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
WDA Member
WDA Member
NotSoGallantGallade

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : NotSoGallantGallade

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near   Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near EmptyWed Sep 18, 2013 12:57 pm

Jesus f*** not that many Mega-evos from this point on, and DEFINITELY not that many from one type.

And DEFINITELY DEFINITELY nothing for Magmortar. I don't want to see them make that Arceus-forsaken behemoth any uglier than it already is.

All I want is Mega-Sableye, and then they can stop.

Also, preordered X. Can't wait for my 9 mile round-trip bike ride to fetch it and the soon-to-be my bro Xerneas (who is totally better than Yveltal shut up)~
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near   Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 6:56 am

They've been hinting that Sableye will get one. It's been getting heavy cameos recently.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near   Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 8:21 am

Yeah, mega evolutions are cool and all, but I'm kinda disappointed regular evolutions for 1-5th gen pokemon haven't come up since I'm much more interested in those.
And I'm getting Y I guess. Although it depends on their gimmicks, for example for black and white, black got the future city so I got a bit disappointed with my white when I learned of it...
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near   Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near EmptyThu Sep 19, 2013 9:39 am

To our knowledge, there won't be any location changes via version. It will probably be just Pokemon exclusives.
Back to top Go down
akaFila
Splash Duelist
 Splash Duelist
akaFila

Achievement Points : 28
Waifu : ~akaFila~

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near   Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 6:59 am

Tyrantrum~
Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near Tyrantrum

Aurorus~
Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near Amaura-evo
New Attack for Aurorus: Freeze-Dry(Super effective against Water&Possible freeze)

In addition to the two new Pokémon, various game outlets got to play Pokémon X & Y and have revealed some small additions to the games.

---New Kalos Pokémon will not be receiving Mega Evolutions, only Pokémon from generations 1 through 5.

---It’s official, Masuda has confirmed that the overworld will not be in 3D, only battles and some special scenes.

---PokéCenters will now feature an area to customize trainer appearance alongside the medical area and PokéMart.

---Pokémon now gain XP when the wild opponent is captured.

---Professor Sequioa asks you to run an errand at the start of the game: delivering a letter to your mother.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near   Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near EmptyFri Sep 20, 2013 7:14 am

Aaaaand you're a mailboy. Seriously though guys, am I the only that watched that 4Kids show Dinosaur Kings?

Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near Dinosaur-King-terry-1024

Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near Dinosaur-King-paris-pic

Am I the only one? The first one probably looks the most similar. I don't suppose you can really differentiate dinosaurs anyways...
Back to top Go down
Sherlock Holmes
Lil Viper
 Lil Viper
Sherlock Holmes

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ---

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near   Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 3:07 am

Pokemon getting Mega's
Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near 994846_1805099426295762_598924026_n
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near   Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 6:01 am

YESH YESH YEEEEEEEESH! MEGA INFERNAPE!
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near   Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 11:37 am

It was confirmed fake months ago. Though, it's possible a good chunk of those Pokemon will get Mega Evolutions.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near   Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near EmptySat Sep 28, 2013 1:00 pm

eh fuck it. still rooting for mega infernape.
Back to top Go down
RD
Lil Warrior
 Lil Warrior
RD

Achievement Points : 20

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near   Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near EmptyTue Oct 01, 2013 12:29 am

I still don't own a 3DS to even play Pokemon X and Y when they come out......... But pokemon X baby!!!!! bring on them megas.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near   Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 6:56 am

Mega Charizard X is exclusive to Pokemon X, while the Mega Charizard that was revealed previously will be exclusive to Pokemon Y. Fire/Dragon type. Ability Tough Claws increases the power of physical contact attacks. (Not physical attack, physical contact attacks, if I'm correct.) The attack stat is also increased.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near   Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 7:17 am

I hope the other kanto starters get their second megas too, otherwise when you are to pick one you'll be choosing between the pokemon that is a super sweeper with 2 different megas and the other two that don't have that. Obviously you'd pick charmander.

Also, finally a dragon charizard, but it feels like a joke when it comes in the generation of the great dragon nerf. Oh well... It does have a great defensive typing still though if you exclude the fact it still loses half health on stealth rock switch in because mega evolution mechanics. It actually has only 3 weaknesses and quite a few resistances and it has good coverage because fire/dragon despite the dragon nerf. That being said
Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near 330xoud
Seriously, it's in the sky constantly, it seems to be doing an aerial battle, it has giant wings and does an attack that seems to be brave bird or something, and yet, despite all that, you know it will just die to EQ. At least if it can un-mega-evolve (can't without switching out from what I've seen) there can be some fun predictions there. On the other hand if you are predicted to mega evolve and the opponent outspeeds, well, gg mega charizard.

Last edited by Al-Bhed on Thu Oct 03, 2013 7:24 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near   Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near EmptyThu Oct 03, 2013 7:24 am

Spoiler:
Moar Mega Charizard pictures from Nintendo.
Also, there are some screenshots for the final form of Fennix and Chespin.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near   Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near EmptyFri Oct 04, 2013 6:49 am

.........waaaaaaat. No way. Those look awful.

Also:

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/other_pokemon/#Spritzee

http://www.pokemonxy.com/en-us/pokemon/other_pokemon/#Slurpuff

Poromon digivolves into a feathered Lady Gaga, and cotton candy evolves into meringue. Yummy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near   Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near Empty

Back to top Go down

Pokemon X and Y: The Time is Near
Page 1 of 1