World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Exceed Explanation

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Kamishiro Ryouga
WDA Member
WDA Member
Kamishiro Ryouga

Waifu : KamiRyou

Exceed Explanation  Empty
PostSubject: Exceed Explanation    Exceed Explanation  EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:34 am

This is a new type of summoning of Yu-Gi-Oh!. I believe it is one of the most interesting ones. Every part of the Yu-Gi-Oh! Saga introduces and focuses on one type of summoning.

For Example:

Yu-Gi-Oh! - Basically focuses on normal summoning.
Yu-Gi-Oh! GX - Focuses on fusions.
Yu-Gi-Oh! 5D's - Is completely about synchro summoning.
Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal - The new generation known as "Exceed Summoning".

In the TCG, Exceeds will be known as "Xyz" (Ik-seez). You pronounce them as a word instead of letters. The Exceed summoning is not based off of level. It is based off of ranks. Ranks are on the opposite side of the level stars and they are different color. The first "Xyz" cards to come out are from "Dawn of the Xyz" which will be released in July 12, 2011.

How to summon Xyz monsters:

To summon Xyz monsters you need to look at the rank. For example if the rank is level 3, you may need level 3 monsters to summon it. How many is stated on the card effect. For example if you were to summon No. 39 Utopia, (Aspiring Emperor Hope Rank 4) you would need 2 level 4 monsters.

Those materials will not be sent the graveyard. They will be "equiped" to the Xyz monster. In the anime those materials are called Overlay units. Those monsters are like the Xyz monster's power source. Overlay units are used for the Xyz monster's effect. When the Xyz monster's Overlay units are diminished they may have downsides when they have no Overlay units.

Also, when Xyz monsters are targeted by a effect that says "level" it will not affect the Xyz monster because Xyz monsters don't have levels, instead they have ranks (Editted For Kimo Force).

Describing The Xyz Monsters

Xyz monsters have a black coating. As I stated before, the stars (rank) are on the opposite side of where the level stars would normally begin at. Xyz monsters have no change on the back of the card where is says Yu-Gi-Oh! and the Konami trademark. Xyz monsters are pretty cool to have.

The Difference in Anime and TCG

Many things are edited in the TCG. That is because the anime comes way before the TCG and they need to fix a lot of stuff because the anime rulings are different.

For Example:

1. In the anime duelists start off with 4000 LP.
2. In the anime, they normal summon in defense position.
3. In the anime, there are cards that the TCG don't have. (Ex: Advanced Crystal Beasts, Shooting Quasar Dragon)

In the anime, Numbers are overpowered. They cannot be destroyed by battle unless by another Numbers card. I think that Konami changed it because it would be very unfair to people who don't have Numbers because Numbers are new to the TCG and many people have synchros and other old cards.

Some effects are different in the anime, for example the Numbers effect. They changed that too because of the reason above.

The anime make the card like that because it will go along with the show.

This is pretty much it for the Exceed Summoning Rulings. I hope you liked the article and please comment and rate smile.

~Shark

Last edited by Kamishiro Ryouga on Wed Jul 13, 2011 8:57 am; edited 2 times in total (Reason for editing : Changed rulings)
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: Exceed Explanation    Exceed Explanation  EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:47 am

Just a quick heads up: when ExceedXyz-material monsters or overlay which have been removed from the Xyz monster do not count as being sent from the field to the graveyard even when being sent there after being used up, so cars like Sangan will not get their effects. Effects which target monsters with levels cannot be used on Xyz monsters since they have "ranks". Otherwise, great article.
Back to top Go down
Kamishiro Ryouga
WDA Member
WDA Member
Kamishiro Ryouga

PostSubject: Re: Exceed Explanation    Exceed Explanation  EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:54 am

Thank you Kimo Force I'll be sure to edit it :P I didn't think of that when I was writing that article.
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

PostSubject: My say on Xyz monsters.   Exceed Explanation  EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 8:58 am

This is the part where Big Al either refers or re-posts HIS article about Xyz summoning from TWA. When I first heard of this a while back, first thing that popped in my mind was, "WTF? So you stack monsters together? That's stupid. Oh what's that? Some monsters don't go to the grave and miss their timing when they do? This is complete retardation!"

I escaped my ignorance and took a peak at the actual rulings and such and thought to myself that this might not be so bad after all. You won't have to worry about squeezing in tuners anymore, giving the deck builders out there more goals and tactics to aspire for. Another benefit to Xyz monsters is how general the requirements are (or usually for future cards that we have no clue about yet) and that itself opens up for opportunities and advantages to twist the duel around even more, oh the joy.

As that above was the social and mental impact that would be going onto duelists, lets talk a little bit of economics. Will the price of Synchro monsters deflate? Maybe, depending on the demand of Xyz monsters compared to demand of Synchro monsters. Some Synchros may even be worth close to nothing such as Junk Warrior already is. In contrast, the staple monsters that any deck can use such as Stardust Dragon, Trishula, Brionac, Catastor, etc will probably remain the same price unless re-printed.

I have no doubt that Xyz will become popular, maybe for a select number of decks, or maybe for all decks. This new generation is something that all duelists should embrace and experience, maybe the game just took a step up in speed. What I do know is that this isn't the last of yugioh.

Last edited by DigiDigi on Wed Jul 13, 2011 9:04 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AsianShadow
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianShadow

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ProdigyShadow

PostSubject: Re: Exceed Explanation    Exceed Explanation  EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:02 am

Pretty good article Shark.
Back to top Go down
Kamishiro Ryouga
WDA Member
WDA Member
Kamishiro Ryouga

PostSubject: Re: Exceed Explanation    Exceed Explanation  EmptyWed Jul 13, 2011 9:32 am

Thanks guys and the next article might come later on today but if not it will be posted tomorrow. The article will be on the first Xyz monster that was seen in the Yu-Gi-Oh! Zexal saga. It is Aero Shark if you wanna see more go on: http://yugioh.wikia.com/wiki/Aero_Shark
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Exceed Explanation    Exceed Explanation  Empty

Back to top Go down

Exceed Explanation
Page 1 of 1