World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Hipster Topic

Go down 
+4
Supasmash
Kimo Force
Alibaba
Nour Force
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

The Hipster Topic Empty
PostSubject: The Hipster Topic   The Hipster Topic EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 2:27 am

So here's two little questions.
What are some things that everyone seems to love but you hate?
And what are somethings that everyone seems to hate but you love?

And by "things" I mean games, anime, regular shows (hah), things in real life, anything. Go.
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

The Hipster Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hipster Topic   The Hipster Topic EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 9:51 am

"What are some things that everyone seems to love but you hate?"
you
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

The Hipster Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hipster Topic   The Hipster Topic EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 10:18 am

I tend to see people complain a lot about Bullet for my Valentine, saying that they've become awful. I think it's the opposite in my opinion, but from a specific perspective. I think their vocals and lyrics are improving, and they've got a better feel about tune and rhythm. I still stand by Scream Aim Fire being their best album, but the newer albums are still very good despite going for the slower heavy metal style instead of their original metalcore one. I do miss the style in Scream Aim Fire, but I still really like some of their new songs regardless. Thing is, people want another The Poison, and aside from a song or two, that album doesn't really suit my taste. It just sounds....very amateurish, which makes sense seeing as how it was their very first album. Also, Tears Don't Fall is overrated as all hell. I could name many other songs that were phenomenal, yet people still insist that this was their masterpiece. Quite odd to be frank. I think it's decent, but certainly not the best. If you want an example of the best The Poison can offer, Hand of Blood is up there. Best song of all time? That sort of changes for me every once in a while between:

Hearts Burst Into Fire, End of Days (current), Breaking Down Breaking Out, The Last Fight, Saints & Sinners, and Dead to the World.

Also their title songs (The Poison, Scream Aim Fire, Fever, and Temper Temper) just aren't as great as all the other songs on the soundtracks, which is why BFMV gets a lot of "why do people find this enjoyable" faces from so many newcomers. Hell, Temper Temper itself is plain out bad. Okay moving on.

Maybe I do believe that selfies are just stupid. And selfie rods or whatever you call them. These all feel stupid to me. Also not a fan of all the new modern popular music save for maybe a song or two that pops up every once in a while (Gangnam style was fun until it got milked into the ground, What The Fox Says was hilariously stupid but I couldn't help but like it for that reason).

I can't really think of video-games that I like which other people don't to be honest. Most video-games I play are fairly popular. Well, I suppose one game is Spider-Man Shattered Dimensions. I consider it the best Spider-Man game out there since Ultimate Spider-Man, mostly because they're both strongly-tied to the comics, which I read a hell lot of when I was younger. Spider-Man 2 had great web-swinging, yes, but it also had a lot of glaring problems that people just ignore. Also, despite it being bad, I enjoyed Spider-Man Web of Shadows. That game is my guilty pleasure. Never played the new movie titles. Heard the first one was decent, but the second one downright sucked.

Also screw Edge of Time, that was an abomination of a game.

And that's it, really, there's nothing else I can think of.
Back to top Go down
Supasmash
WDA Member
WDA Member
Supasmash

Achievement Points : 7

The Hipster Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hipster Topic   The Hipster Topic EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 10:55 am

Alibaba wrote:
"What are some things that everyone seems to love but you hate?"
you
o my she just got rektd
Back to top Go down
Rika Furude
Dark Witch
 Dark Witch
Rika Furude

Achievement Points : 37
Waifu : xerneas

The Hipster Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hipster Topic   The Hipster Topic EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 1:44 pm

mainstream music. mainstream media. mainstream corny shitty anime.
Back to top Go down
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

The Hipster Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hipster Topic   The Hipster Topic EmptyThu Jan 08, 2015 11:04 pm

What are some things that everyone seems to love but you hate?
I don't know...Nintendo? I don't HATE them though...I got nothing.

And what are somethings that everyone seems to hate but you love?
Uh...Capcom? I love Capcom games...Konami as well I also like their games...

I don't even know at this point. Kill me now I put Capcom over Nintendo.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
Sukkito
WDA Member
WDA Member
Sukkito

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Sukkito

The Hipster Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hipster Topic   The Hipster Topic EmptyFri Jan 09, 2015 2:05 am

Should have named it "The Rebel/Rant Topic"..

My list:
Musical genre called Turbo Folk (Whom's very popular here in Serbia).
MOBA Games, as I suck at them and I have no one to play them with.
Facebook, I just hate the way it's designed and how FB pumps money.
Twitter, it s chars ar limited.
Popular YouTubers whom act like little kids (PewDiePie,Minx..).
Going out, you don't need to go to a pub/cafe/disco to have a good time.
Soap operas of any kind (There is always a new evil for more seasons ;~blink.
Meaningless/aggressive/insulting "Art".
Summer (It is too hot where I live in the summer, also bugs *-*).
Back to top Go down
Rika Furude
Dark Witch
 Dark Witch
Rika Furude

The Hipster Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hipster Topic   The Hipster Topic EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 2:54 am

I like:
Rock Music (supposedly it's bad  to like rock music here)
Higurashi/Umineko (seems to be a sin to like this series here even though I'm the only one who has finished both.)
Attack on Titan (got bashed for liking this last night)
Yugioh Zexal (how the fuck can anyone dislike this? The only bad thing about is the all the fillers and comedy that deter away from the plot at times. I have never seen a main char get as much backdrop and char development as Yuma.)
Chronomaly (seriously wtf why does everyone hate me for loving Chronomaly?)
N Harmonia from Pokemon (Can't even like a character without everyone else hating the char .-.)
Rika Furude (Same as above)
Writing Fanfic (supposedly writing fanfic is lame...)
Forum Mafia (everyone else would rather play ToS...wth)

Is there ANYTHING I'm allowed to like? .-.
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

The Hipster Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hipster Topic   The Hipster Topic EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 3:19 am

Rika Furude wrote:
If you like a thing and someone called the thing you liked bad, it doesn't mean you should feel bad for liking the thing. I've stated my reasons why I don't like, say, ZEXAL or Higurashi, but you like those and that's fine. I respect that and I can respect your reasons for it.

People like and hate different things. Just because someone dislikes something you like, even if it's everybody else, doesn't mean that you should feel bad for not being a part of the dislike train. We all don't have to like the same thing.

Or is this about real life?
Back to top Go down
Rika Furude
Dark Witch
 Dark Witch
Rika Furude

The Hipster Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hipster Topic   The Hipster Topic EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 3:56 am

Kimo Force wrote:
Rika Furude wrote:
If you like a thing and someone called the thing you liked bad, it doesn't mean you should feel bad for liking the thing. I've stated my reasons why I don't like, say, ZEXAL or Higurashi, but you like those and that's fine. I respect that and I can respect your reasons for it.

People like and hate different things. Just because someone dislikes something you like, even if it's everybody else, doesn't mean that you should feel bad for not being a part of the dislike train. We all don't have to like the same thing.

Or is this about real life?

Its the same IRL. I get made fun of for the things I like all the time. People think im weird for liking Rock music and anime and reading novels 24/7 .-.
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

The Hipster Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hipster Topic   The Hipster Topic EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 4:00 am

Meh. Lots of people in real life are silly. Always judge a thing based on its surface without even looking at all the silly things that they praise instead. Quite hypocritical.
Just ignore them and do your thing.
Back to top Go down
Rika Furude
Dark Witch
 Dark Witch
Rika Furude

The Hipster Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hipster Topic   The Hipster Topic EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 9:57 am

Kimo Force wrote:
Meh. Lots of people in real life are silly. Always judge a thing based on its surface without even looking at all the silly things that they praise instead. Quite hypocritical.
Just ignore them and do your thing.

Kinda hard when I go to the internet to escape all the hate, only to receive more hate and judgement.
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

The Hipster Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hipster Topic   The Hipster Topic EmptySat Jan 10, 2015 11:46 pm

iunno, i have a gut feeling that half the time people hate on you or your attitude, rather than on what you like.

and just because one person hates on what you like doesn't mean the entire forum shares the same consensus.
Back to top Go down
Sukkito
WDA Member
WDA Member
Sukkito

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Sukkito

The Hipster Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hipster Topic   The Hipster Topic EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 2:57 am

Why did this shift into a "I like topic" ._. ?
Back to top Go down
Rika Furude
Dark Witch
 Dark Witch
Rika Furude

The Hipster Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hipster Topic   The Hipster Topic EmptySun Jan 11, 2015 3:18 am

danna45 wrote:
iunno, i have a gut feeling that half the time people hate on you or your attitude, rather than on what you like.

and just because one person hates on what you like doesn't mean the entire forum shares the same consensus.

I'm speaking in general.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

The Hipster Topic Empty
PostSubject: Re: The Hipster Topic   The Hipster Topic Empty

Back to top Go down

The Hipster Topic
Page 1 of 1