World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details

Go down 
+4
Rika Furude
Freyja
Leokane
danna45
8 posters
AuthorMessage
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details Empty
PostSubject: WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details   WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:33 am

WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details Mysterydungeon

1. Danna

Hello everyone and welcome to the sign ups for Dungeons and Pokemon Roleplay! Al-Bhed recently gave me permission to host a RP to bring the forum activity up a bit, something that I've requested to do for a long time. With the green light, I'd like to introduce to you the new Forum RP, Dungeons and Pokemon!

For those who have ever played or heard of Pokemon Mystery Dungeon, there is little explanation needed here. For those who don't, the premise of the games is that you are a Pokemon and you form a squad to complete missions. If you've ever played DnD, then you already have a firm grasp on the play style.

Here, we're going to up it a notch. By using the forum and Showdown, you, the Pokemon, will be the player. You will make a squad and traverse the human-free world, completing tasks and leveling up you and your team. But first, here's a little explanation;

Player Pokemon

When you enter the RP, you will choose a Pokemon that will represent you as the leader of the Squad. IVs will be rolled after your Pokemon has been chosen. The Pokemon available are Basic Pokemon with at least one evolution. A Pokemon with no evolutions may be chosen if given permission, but absolutely no Legendary Pokemon can be chosen. Legendary Pokemon could be recruited for your team, however.

The Pokemon you choose will be the most important member on your team, as you will lose your entire squad if you die unless there's a Pokemon that is equal level to your own.

That's right, I said 'die'. Death is a mechanic in this RP that can have devastating consequences. When your HP drops to 0, a Death Roll will be given. A normal recruit will have a 50% chance of making the roll to survive. Your beginning partner will have a 25% chance of failing the roll, and your Pokemon will have a 10% chance of failing the roll. If failed, the Pokemon is "Dead" and is removed from the squad.

After you choose your Pokemon, you will get a Partner Pokemon to join your squad. He, like you, will begin at Level 5. Pokemon you recruit in the beginning will be lower leveled, but as the RP progresses, you will be able to recruit higher level Pokemon.

Squad

Your Squad is made up of you, the leader, your co-leader, your beginning partner, and any Pokemon you recruit. A Page is created to keep track of Pokemon, Pokemon Experience, Inventory, Reputation, Alignment, and Funds.

Experience

Much like the games, you and your Pokemon will be gaining experience based off of these factors:

Pokemon Level
Pokemon Growth Rate
Enemy Level
Enemy EXP Yield
Enemy EV Yield.

After you defeat an Enemy Pokemon, your Pokemon will gain Exp and EVs based on the Pokemon defeated (don't worry about figuring it out, I will tell you how much Exp you've earned and the EVs as well). When battling on Showdown, EVs and IVs will match up your Pokemon in your squad. A Battle Team of 6 can battle at once, and all Pokemon gain the Exp in that Battle Team, though only the ones that participated will gain the EVs. After leveling up, Pokemon will learn moves based off of Gen VI movesets. If Pokemon evolve outside of levels and evolutionary stones, you will receive a notification if a Pokemon has the ability to evolve.

Inventory

Inventory is important to keep track of; you can find, win, and buy items to help you throughout your Journey. Mega Stones, Held Items, and consumables will be a great asset to keeping you and your squad alive. When Items are found, purchased, or won, they will be placed in your inventory. If a hold item or Mega Stone is equipped to a member, the item won't be in the inventory but rather on the Pokemon Profile page.

When you complete (or botch) a mission, you will get reputation. Completing a mission without deaths or within the battle limits will earn you Positive Reputation. The more positive reputation your squad earns will make your time easier; your squad will get discounts on items, earn special rewards from NPCs, and get hidden missions that will unlock special recruits. Negative Reputation is earned when you botch a mission, a member of your squad dies, the objective fails, or if the squad is caught cheating or stealing. The higher the negative reputation, shops will sell items at a marked up price, and if high enough, will flat out refuse to sell. However, there's an opportunity to steal the items with risk. Having a high enough negative reputation will unlock an area unaccessable to good aligned squads called The Dark Forest, which the players can shop for items and such, opposed to the starting area, Pokemon Village.

Alignment

When you start the RP, your character will be Neutral. Earning reputation will soon make you a Hero (good) or Villain (evil) based on how well you do the missions. You earn a Hero Rank after +50 to your reputation (out of 100), and Villain Rank after -50. Partner and recruitment Pokemon are aligned naturally based on their Type. Once you hit these two ranks, certain Pokemon of your squad may leave if their natural alignment may conflict with the squad alignment. Here is the Type Alignment List:

Good:

Water
Grass
Fairy
Fighting

Evil:

Dark
Fire
Ghost
Poison

Neutral:

Normal
Bug
Flying
Dragon
Electric
Rock
Ground
Steel
Psychic
Ice

Pokemon of dual types will either solidify them in that category or move them to Neutral. A Venusaur, for example, being both a Good and Evil aligned Pokemon, will be True Neutral and can be placed on either side. A Houndoom, being a Dark/Fire, is a True Evil and cannot be placed on a Hero Ranked Team (but can be on Neutral, as all Pokemon can be). Your Pokemon is the exception to this rule.

Funds

After completing a mission, Gold (for lack of better term) will be added to your Fund to be used on items and other things. Gold can only be earned via completing a mission or found. Gold can be stolen, but will earn negative reputation. If caught stealing from a player, a battle will ensue and Failure Death Rolls will be increased by 25% (75% chance of death for recruit, 50% chance for beginning partner, and 35% chance for you) while the squad stolen from will have a 20% decrease in Death Rolls.

If you are interested, please sign up and we'll begin the RP immediately. When you sign up, please state what Pokemon you will be and what Nature (this will be the only nature you can choose) and your IVs will be PMed to you. You will also be given a choice for beginning partner. It's first come, first serve.

I hope you enjoy!

Last edited by J.J. Knight on Sun May 31, 2015 4:43 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

PostSubject: Re: WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details   WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details EmptySun May 31, 2015 2:42 am

Relaxed Munchlax

Beginning partner: Beldum
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details   WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details EmptySun May 31, 2015 3:07 am

danna45 wrote:
Relaxed Munchlax

Beginning partner: Beldum

Accepted.
Back to top Go down
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

PostSubject: Re: WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details   WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details EmptySun May 31, 2015 5:17 am

Me: Adamant Golett
Partner: Sentret

Last edited by Leokane on Sun May 31, 2015 5:20 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details   WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details EmptySun May 31, 2015 5:19 am

Leokane wrote:
Me: Golett
Partner: Sentret

Accepted.
Back to top Go down
Freyja
WDA Member
WDA Member
Freyja

Achievement Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details   WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details EmptySun May 31, 2015 9:48 am

Me: Sassy Charmander (F)
Partner: Naive Deino (F)
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details   WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details EmptySun May 31, 2015 10:27 am

Freyja wrote:
Me: Sassy Charmander (F)
Partner: Naive Deino (F)

Someone didn't read the rules.

Your Charmander is fine, but the nature and gender of your Deino will be decided at random.
Back to top Go down
Rika Furude
Dark Witch
 Dark Witch
Rika Furude

Achievement Points : 37
Waifu : xerneas

PostSubject: Re: WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details   WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details EmptySun May 31, 2015 11:37 am

Me: Modest Magnemite
Partner: Mudkip
Back to top Go down
RD
Lil Warrior
 Lil Warrior
RD

Achievement Points : 20

PostSubject: Re: WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details   WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details EmptySun May 31, 2015 12:10 pm

Me: Jolly Torchic
Partner: Magnemite
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

PostSubject: Re: WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details   WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 12:45 am

Me: Fabulous Espurr
Partner: Ralts
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details   WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 3:15 am

Rika Furude wrote:
Me: Modest Magnemite
Partner: Mudkip

Accepted

RD wrote:
Me: Jolly Torchic
Partner: Magnemite

Accepted

Alibaba wrote:
Me: Fabulous Espurr
Partner: Ralts

Fabulous is not a nature. Look up Pokemon Natures and come back to me.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details   WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 5:58 am

...i thought we were just adding random words
fine i'll be a naughty espurr
hue
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details   WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 9:36 am

Alibaba wrote:
...i thought we were just adding random words
fine i'll be a naughty espurr
hue

Dumbass.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

PostSubject: Re: WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details   WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details EmptyMon Jun 01, 2015 5:12 pm

pfffffft, you said i didn't need to actually know much about pokemon!! you liar!!!!!

fine i'll change it...
i'll be a modest ralts
and take cyndaquil as a partner!

....better?
Back to top Go down
Sherlock Holmes
Lil Viper
 Lil Viper
Sherlock Holmes

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ---

PostSubject: Re: WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details   WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details EmptyThu Jun 04, 2015 1:02 pm

Timid Mareep

Partner: HootHoot
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details   WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details EmptySun Jun 07, 2015 5:49 am

Alibaba wrote:
pfffffft, you said i didn't need to actually know much about pokemon!! you liar!!!!!

fine i'll change it...
i'll be a modest ralts
and take cyndaquil as a partner!

....better?

Yes, much better. Dumbass.

Sherlock Holmes wrote:
Timid Mareep

Partner: HootHoot

Accepted.

Does anyone else need to get IVs assigned?
Back to top Go down
Sherlock Holmes
Lil Viper
 Lil Viper
Sherlock Holmes

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ---

PostSubject: Re: WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details   WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details EmptyMon Jun 08, 2015 5:22 am

I do I think!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details   WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details Empty

Back to top Go down

WDA Dungeons & Pokemon RP Sign Up and Details
Page 1 of 1