World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Fate/Fanservice

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

Fate/Fanservice Empty
PostSubject: Fate/Fanservice   Fate/Fanservice EmptyMon Jul 17, 2017 4:24 am

I won't ask if it's just me, it's a fact, fate/apocrypha is fanservicy as fuck. It feels like most characters can be put into either the kawaii waifu or wacky personality category (or both) while hitting as many tropes as possible. Yeah Fran-chan, those grunts are super cute and you are still obedient like some sort of waifu pet, yeah of course jack the ripper is a cute loli who has imprinted on her master, Mordred why don't you just go ahead and make tsun~ sound effects you stereotype, yeah Astoflo it's really cute how energ- wait are you a trap you feel like a trap. And then of course you have the returns from fate extra, jeanne (aka boob seiba with a better personality), all the hot half naked guys for our female viewers and don't get me started on Kotomine fucking Shirou.

Fate/Fanservice QTtTZqK

It's not like I mind that much, as a fan fanservice means I am being serviced and I am ok with being serviced. It just feels like I am being oversimplified and patronized while being told that's totally not the case and this thing that's happening is totally legit and serious.

It's like... there's someone who thought "don't worry, just throw that shit at them and those suckers will gobble it all up" and it's making me really conflicted because I actually am strongly inclined to gobble it all up. Iunno, it's a weird feeling.
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : Chino

Fate/Fanservice Empty
PostSubject: Re: Fate/Fanservice   Fate/Fanservice EmptyMon Jul 17, 2017 6:14 am

So far this is pretty easily my least favorite Fates thing I've watched from an objective standpoint and it's a good example of everything I've been worried about with the Fates series as a whole in recent years. It's definitely tropey and fanservicey as hell and I also have issues with the pacing and storytelling.

Despite all of that I am entertained so I can't complain too much. It's fun enough and interesting enough... I'm just a little disappointed I'm having as many problems with it as I am.
Back to top Go down

Fate/Fanservice
Page 1 of 1