World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

THE WEEKLY QQ

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
The Cynical Duelist
WDA Member
WDA Member
The Cynical Duelist

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : The Cynical Duelist

THE WEEKLY QQ Empty
PostSubject: THE WEEKLY QQ   THE WEEKLY QQ EmptyFri Jun 17, 2011 3:54 am

Hey there all, its me The Cynical Duelist or RoRo here, bringing you a new discussion idea for me to get involved with and help with.

I've been dueling for a very long time now and people always ask questions and always have debate over what cards are coming out in new sets, why TCG exclusives are TCG and the same for OCG, what I want you guys to do is PM me your QQs and opinions so that I can feature them here, not only this but I am now going round on youtube and otehr forums looking at new stuff thats coming out and seeing peoples opinions and I will turn it into a weekly submission for you guys to read and get involved with.

If you Want to email me my email is

TheCynicalDuelist@gmail.com

or go to my blog

http://thecynicalduelist.blogspot.com/

and then theres my Youtube where everything will kick off

https://www.youtube.com/user/TheCynicalDuelist

My twitter

@OMGWTFNOOB

Also I may set up a facebook page but dont count on it :D

Hope you all take part and I look forward to hearing from you :D

Back to top Go down
http://thecynicalduelist.blogspot.com
The Cynical Duelist
WDA Member
WDA Member
The Cynical Duelist

THE WEEKLY QQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE WEEKLY QQ   THE WEEKLY QQ EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 10:15 am

This past weekend as many of you may know I went to my locals testing a new deck. This was the first tournament in which players were allowed to use cards from Hidden Arsenal 4 over here (mainly Trishula) and Extreme Victory. Many people dismissed Extreme Victory as a “good set” but surprisingly, the top 2 had MORE cards from Extreme Victory then any other deck did.
Going into the tournament, I thought I wanted to run something with Reborn Tengu, simply because the card is that good. Many other people felt the same. Most commonly, people were using Reborn Tengu in their Plant variants, including myself at first, but after lots and lots of testing I came to the conclusion that the card was mediocre in Plants, and that something else was much, much better. And that card was Tour Guide from the Underworld which as you know, I reviewed on TWA a couple of weeks ago.

Just a reminder of what she does...
Here's a link to review

Dark/3/Fiend/1000/600
When this card is Normal Summoned, you can Special Summon 1 Level 3 Fiend-Type monster from your hand or Deck. Its effects are negated, and it cannot be used as a Synchro Material Monster.

First glancing at this card, you might think “Okay… and?” and believe me that was my first impression as well. This card was made to help the future Rank 3 Exceed monsters more playable, but I wanted to run it now!

Now, there weren’t many 3 Star Fiend-type monster to choose from, but the only one that matters is the amazing 3-eyed critter Sangan.

Now, Tour Guide negates effects of the monster it Special Summons, but this is irrelevant for Sangan. Once Sangan leaves the field it no longer has any ties to Tour Guide, and will activate its effect, letting you search for a monster. In Plants, this means you get basically any card in your deck, and especially the important ones like Lonefire Blossom, Dandylion, Debris Dragon, Effect Veiler, and Ryko.

Plants thrive off of Lonefire Blossom, setting up huge Synchro plays when combined with Monster Reborn, Call of the Haunted, or Limit Reverse. This usually leads to multiple Formula Synchron’s, any level 8 Synchro monster, Trishula, or a Shooting Star Dragon. Since Lonefire Blossom is a Semi-Limited card, your going to want easier access to it. Playing 3 Tour Guide and Sangan theoretically means you have 6 Lonefire Blossom’s; 2 actual Lonefire’s, 4 ways to get you to Lonefire.

Plant decks usually used Mystic Tomato to fetch Sangan. It was Plant-type, a Dark for Chaos Sorcerer, and a recruiter, but the huge downside is your opponent HAS to attack it. This is why I like Tour Guide much more.

There’s no battle games involved, it just straight gets you your Sangan, and Sangan gets you everything else! Playing Tour Guide just for Sangan is completely fine because SANGAN IS JUST THAT GOOD AND IMPORTANT.

Now, some people might say “Well what happens if after you get Sangan? Your other Tour Guides are basically dead.” While this is somewhat true, grabbing another Tour Guide isn’t awful by any means. A free monster and 2000 damage is one fourth of your opponents life points. You can also run a card such as Dark Mimic Lv.3, which is what I did, but after the weekend I regretted doing so as if I drew it, it was so dead...

Now what many people have been waiting for, my deck list!

Monsters:
3 Tour Guide from the Underworld
3 Ryko Lightsworn Hunter
2 Chaos Sorcerer
2 Debris Dragon
2 Lonefire Blossom
2 Effect Veiler
1 Super Nimble Mega Hamster
1 Dark Mimic Lv. 3
1 Sangan
1 Dandylion
1 Spore
1 Glow Up Bulb
1 D.D. Crow

Spells:
3 Pot of Avarice
2 Mystical Space Typhoon
1 Giant Trunade
1 Dark Hole
1 Monster Reborn
1 Foolish Burial
1 One for One

Traps:
2 Limit Reverse
2 Solemn Warning
2 Dust Tornado
1 Call of the Haunted
1 Torrential Tribute
1 Solemn Judgment

Extra Deck:
2 Blackrose Dragon
2 Formula Synchron
1 Shooting Star Dragon
1 Trishula Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Scrap Dragon
1 Colossal Fighter
1 Stardust Dragon
1 Ancient Fairy Dragon
1 Arcanite Magician
1 Iron Chain Dragon
1 Brionac Dragon of the Ice Barrier
1 Ally of Justice Catastor
1 Armory Arm

I ended up with a 4-1 record, narrowly missing top because of a dreadful tie breaker. Two of my friends also decided to run variants of my deck, one being ben who also ended with a 4-1 record, while my other friend who won 5-0. Congratulations to him!

My loses were to a Tengu Plant deck, and a Stun deck with King Tiger Wanghu. Decks I played and beat consisted of 2 Six Samurai decks, 1 Gravekeeper, 1 Chaos Plant. If I were to run this again I certainly would cut Dark Mimic. Other cards I disliked were Book of Moon and my second Effect Veiler, or D.D. Crow. I thought this tournament would be full of Plant decks… that I would play at least 4. I only ended up playing 2. So now I would either play 1 Crow 1 Veiler, or 2 Veiler.

Next up for me is this saturday. Unless the Lost Sanctuary Structure Deck changes the meta insanely, I will more then likely continue to work on, and run this deck. Until next time my readers, see you on the duel field.

The Cynical Duelist

Last edited by The Cynical Duelist on Thu Jun 23, 2011 10:00 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Unforgiven Pretender
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unforgiven Pretender

Achievement Points : 16
Waifu : Unforgiven Pretender

THE WEEKLY QQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE WEEKLY QQ   THE WEEKLY QQ EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 7:47 pm

Nice article, but you forgot one use of Tour Guide.
What makes Tour Guide very strong is this combo:

Summon Tour Guide.
Summon another Tour Guide from deck.
Move the summoned Tour Guide to your hand for a Genex Ally Birdman.
Instant level 6 synchro.

Now you have another Tour Guide in your hand, so you can do the combo two times more. (The third time you just summon Sangan for example, like you also described in your article)

Nice article, though. ^^
Back to top Go down
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

Achievement Points : 58
Waifu : Prinzessin Kitty

THE WEEKLY QQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE WEEKLY QQ   THE WEEKLY QQ EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 8:59 pm

Use it with sangan...exceed summon..sangan eff smile
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

THE WEEKLY QQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE WEEKLY QQ   THE WEEKLY QQ EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:25 pm

Sangan won't get his effect from an exceed summon though, exceed materials are overlaid and even when sent to the graveyard as exceed materials they are not considered to be sent there from the field so...
Back to top Go down
The Cynical Duelist
WDA Member
WDA Member
The Cynical Duelist

THE WEEKLY QQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE WEEKLY QQ   THE WEEKLY QQ EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:27 pm

Unforgiven Pretender wrote:
Nice article, but you forgot one use of Tour Guide.
What makes Tour Guide very strong is this combo:

Summon Tour Guide.
Summon another Tour Guide from deck.
Move the summoned Tour Guide to your hand for a Genex Ally Birdman.
Instant level 6 synchro.

Now you have another Tour Guide in your hand, so you can do the combo two times more. (The third time you just summon Sangan for example, like you also described in your article)

Nice article, though. ^^

I already do this smile But when writing it up it was an article of events not a card review smile Besides I've already done a tour guide review smile If I could recover it from TWA I would :P
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

THE WEEKLY QQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE WEEKLY QQ   THE WEEKLY QQ EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:35 pm

http://www.toonworldacademy.com/t8197-cynical-card-review-week-6-2-cards
you have to log in to view it, afterwards just press edit and copy/paste

or we could just have sporkmclork's glorious article on the matter instead since it's obvious he's spent days upon days making it http://www.toonworldacademy.com/t7802-tour-guide-from-the-underworld
Back to top Go down
The Cynical Duelist
WDA Member
WDA Member
The Cynical Duelist

THE WEEKLY QQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE WEEKLY QQ   THE WEEKLY QQ EmptyThu Jun 23, 2011 9:58 pm

Al-Bhed wrote:
http://www.toonworldacademy.com/t8197-cynical-card-review-week-6-2-cards
you have to log in to view it, afterwards just press edit and copy/paste

or we could just have sporkmclork's glorious article on the matter instead since it's obvious he's spent days upon days making it http://www.toonworldacademy.com/t7802-tour-guide-from-the-underworld

that sporkmclorks article, makes mine look shite hahaha!!!

but cheers al smile I'll add it to my card review archive smile
Back to top Go down
The Cynical Duelist
WDA Member
WDA Member
The Cynical Duelist

THE WEEKLY QQ Empty
PostSubject: WEEKLY QQ 2   THE WEEKLY QQ EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 12:48 am

Hey guys Its issue 2 of the weekly QQ

This week I was playing gravekeepers at my locals, it was because I have just acquired a playset of Gold Rare Gravekeeeper's Spy and thought i'd show em off. And not only this with the tour guide tengu deck appaearing last week I thought this would throw them off greatly. Now not only this but the fairy deck had also been recently released and my amigo's were ready and waiting with the new deck, to everyone's dissapointment however no common krystia so the little man who owned one was hounded this weekend by everyone except me. I sat and calmly put my gravekeepers together out of my folder and laughed at the other peeps. even my two friends who were trying the fairy's even after being out a week or 2.

Nowadays a lot of people count Gravekeepers out because of six sams dominating the meta and them having no way of beating sams, but I do. A main decked Deck Devastation Virus! "This will be my key to vicotry today" was what I said to my friends who all looked at me nervously.

The fairy deck itself had some nice cards here's a list of the exclusives in it that are going to be effective in them:

Master Hyperion
Level 8
Fairy
Light
Atk: 2700
Def: 2100
Effect: You can remove from play 1 "Agent" monster from your side of the field, hand, or Graveyard to Special Summon this card from your hand. Once per turn, you can remove from play 1 LIGHT Fairy-Type monster from your Graveyard to select 1 card on the field and destroy it. If you control a face-up "The Sanctuary in the Sky", you can use this effect up to twice per turn.

The Agent of Mystery - Earth
Level 2
Fairy
Light
Attack: 1000
Def: 600
Effect/Tuner: When this card is Normal Summoned, you can add 1 "Agent" monster from your Deck to your hand, except "The Agent of Mystery - Earth". If "The Sanctuary in the Sky" is on the field, you can add 1 "Master Hyperion" to your hand instead.

Cards from the Sky
Spell
Normal
Effect: Remove from play 1 LIGHT Fairy-Type monster in your hand and draw 2 cards. You cannot Special Summon or conduct your Battle Phase during the same turn you activate this card.

Divine Punishment
Trap
Counter
Effect: Activate only if "The Sanctuary in the Sky" is face-up on the field. Negate the activation of an opponent's Spell, Trap, or Effect Monster's effect, and destroy it.

So basically fairy's have become pretty powerful because of this deck. Which is great because they needed it and I like the deck myself. Infact I have 3 and have made my own hyperion deck, but it just wasn't gravekeepers. But with that counter trap they are going to have a huge defence and with hyperion being basically a judgment dragon or dark armed for faries they have plenty of juice to just everything. Overall it seems very balanced and no damage from battles with fairy's it was going to be a long day.

trading wise all went well, traded my old flamvell deck for a set of ultimate rare elemental hero fusions (picture below) except for wildedge and Necroid shaman, he didnt have those sadly. But still a beautiful set of cards I'll cherish forever.

But as far as the tournament went, it was like I said, long. There was as I expected tengu plant decks, only two that is but still 2 good looking match ups, T.G. were also played and sams. But my match ups were the worst...

First game was blackwings, a rough game but his vayu turbo build didnt go so well and I went 2-1 against him, a first turn dad in game two was scary. But as far as Deck Dev went in this game, it just fuelled his grave with vayu so I had to side it out. Game 2 was a Chaos Tengu Plant as expected, and Deck devastation virus destroyed him both games he couldnt do anything totally destroyed him 2-0.

But enough about me going 4-1 (damn sams) The fairy deck itself went really well. Now my friend played a very cool build running the tour guide engine that I mentioned in the last Weekly QQ. Making sangan appear straight away to get his earths quicker to basically whack hyperion on the field. Whereas my otherfriend thought that the White elephants gift engine would work for him. Both of them did really well going 3-2 and 4-1 making them have a great day in the office.

The pro's of running tour guide engine in this deck is chaos sorcerer bring playable in the deck making it a very powerful deck when it works. Not only this but he ran 1 pot of avarice too to make is so that he could recycle his used earths and tourguides to the fulles advantage. However it clashed sometimes and dead hands did occur but he still went 4-1 with this variant as light imprisoning mirror didnt hurt him as much so he still had ways around it.

My other friend unfortunately went 3 - 2 losing to fish OTK and my Gravekeepers. as I said Light imprisoning mirror against this deck is a bastard and shuts it down completely, even when he dropped a consecrated light to try and stop me he still had no chance.

So overall the fairy deck is a fantastic deck to play and has many different variants appearing and I can see it being either part of the new twilight builds or as a pure light beat or as a counter fairy stun and Im sure we will be seeing it in a lot of tournaments in the future so always keep a light imprisoning mirror handy.

So as a point to my last post, yes the lost sanctuary deck has changed the meta completely in a sense but its not as dominant as the six samurai who are still dominating hard and need to be stopped.

Below I will post the decks that my friends played and my gravekeepers for you guys to try and next week im playing dragunity's because I just got a playset of vajryana and they seem fun.

So until next time readers happy duelling and see you on dueling network. ;D

The Cynical Duelist.

THE DECK LISTS!!!

Chaos fairy's

3 Tour Guide from the underworld
1 Sangan
1 Spirit Reaper
1 dark Armed dragon
1 darklord zerato
1 plaguespreader zombie
3 The agent of mystery Earth
2 Master Hyperion
2 Archlord Kristya
1 Athena
3 Zeraidas The Herald of Heaven
1 Phantom of Darkness
1 chaos sorcerer

3 Sanctuary in the Sky
3 Cards from the sky
1 Allure of darkness
1 monster reborn
1 dark hole
2 mystical space typhoon
1 book of moon
2 valhalla hall of the fallen

3 divine punishment
1 solemn judgment
2 solemn warning
2 bottomless trap hole
1 mirror force

PURE LIGHT!

3 Master Hyperion
3 the agent of mystery earth
3 the agent of creation venus
3 mystical shine ball
2 archlord kristya
3 zeraidas the herald of heaven
2 herald of the orange light
2 hecatrice

3 cards from the sky
3 ancient sanctuary
3 valhalla hall of the fallen
3 white elephants gift
1 monster reborn
1 dark hole
1 giant trunade
2 mystical space typhoon

2 solemn warning
1 solemn judgment
2 bottomless trap hole
3 compulsory evacuation device
1 mirror force
1 torrential tribute

HOPE YOU LIKE THE DECKS GIVE EM A GO!
Back to top Go down
AsianShadow
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianShadow

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ProdigyShadow

THE WEEKLY QQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE WEEKLY QQ   THE WEEKLY QQ EmptyFri Jul 01, 2011 5:57 am

Heheh,its funny because I just got the structure deck yesterday,The Lost Santuary one.
Its pretty good but I need to get a few more Agents and Hyperions,overall its all good :D
I made a few tweeks like adding a monster or two.
Back to top Go down
The Cynical Duelist
WDA Member
WDA Member
The Cynical Duelist

THE WEEKLY QQ Empty
PostSubject: ISSUE 3   THE WEEKLY QQ EmptyFri Jul 08, 2011 12:52 pm

So here we are folks for issue 3 of my weekly QQ about my locals and such... well what to say.

This week me and my friends we're out trying to run something that was top tier but had dropped down to tier 2 lately in the current meta since the release of Tengu and co.

Many people nowadays run the tengu card as a way of making their tier 2 decks more consistent and out goal was to take them and make them as competetive as tier 1 decks. So what decks did we run you ask? WELL I personally ran dragunitys, my friend ran karakuri and my other friend ran flamvell. And another thing to note is that this week nothing new was released or results from SJC so this week was going to be slow and arduous...

Boy was it, me and my friends worked on "Tengu Upgrades" for our decks to make them run as smooth and fast as possible without a hitch, so I decided to make my dragunity's a bit more interesting with the running of Charge of the light brigade, 3 lyla, 3 wolf, plague 2 card troopers zephyrus and 2 genex ally birdman with 3 tengu to make it more interesting.

My friends Karakuri he ran Pure thats right Pure! He was a mad man, no tengu, no birdman, nothing just pure karakuri.

My otehrfriends flamvell ran the spy engine, a birdman and 3 tengu, pretty standard stuff.

So after a night without sleep we grabbed some relentless from the local store at 9am and headed for our locals. It was busy today and trade were good, the decks we expected to see were simmilar from last weeks decks, but shock horror everywhere we looked... fairy decks and not just any, but Chaos variants along with gravekeepers, I almost cried, we we're so screwed, the kids had gotten their pocket money and build fairy decks too... I heard my friend say "shit under his breath" BUT NO MATTER! The duel must go on and with no time to change mine the tournament was on.

Overall my deck was incredibly consistant with level 7 synchro control with level 9 and 10 potential to boot with vajriana to make level 8's and aklys control I did well, My friend with the karakuri's however did better... using the new EXVC cards like nanashik and nanishi, his deck had more draw power than a fortune lady deck which had just special summoned a watery by removing lighty and then using future fortune!!! His hand and field were always full every time I looked at his field and he always had a defence!!! He went 5 - 0 btw and beat me in the last round. Unfortunately my friend with his flamvell was destroyed by fairies... and gravekeepers shockingly, going 3-2 overall which is good but no turbo pack 6 for him :D (I got a super united we stand by the way :DD).

I was shocked at my deck and its flow... I expected dead wulf hands and such but with a tech'd in solar recharge its flow was beautiful putting my tuners and dragunity's in the grave with POA to recycle, due to tengu and wulf special summoning themselves level 6's were a breeze to make and huge plays we're possible with my 3 trapstuns and trunade PLUS the destructive power of aklys it was impressive... so overall a great upgrade.

Karakuri's are now rediculously powerful due to the addition of their new cards, that extra summon makes OTK's so much easier with them and so much faster... be careful with these guys they're a dark horse that can catch ya off guard if not prepared...

Flamvell... well what can I say, they're flamvell, they ran okay but my friend said without librarian it was hopeless and should have just given up on the idea and ran a tengu genex variant like he planned. but what you gunna do.

So what did we gain from this week? TENGU DOES THE JOB, he has succeeded in what people wanted from him, creating consistency within tier 2 decks to bring them up to speed with tier 1 by being trap bait and breating 1 for ones... overall a brilliant card that can make any deck better with some ingenuity (took 5 hours to get my dragunity correct).

Next week will be me playing cardfight vanguard not yugioh so stay up to scratch guys because im going to have a good wall of text for you next week :D

TILL NEXT TIME!! (ps no deck lists this week because im tired.) <3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

THE WEEKLY QQ Empty
PostSubject: Re: THE WEEKLY QQ   THE WEEKLY QQ Empty

Back to top Go down

THE WEEKLY QQ
Page 1 of 1