World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord?

Go down 
+4
J.J. Knight
Pumpkin Row
Leviera
Nour Force
8 posters

pls actually comment tho
viva la cbox
Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord? I_vote_lcap45%Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord? I_vote_rcap
 45% [ 5 ]
discord
Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord? I_vote_lcap55%Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord? I_vote_rcap
 55% [ 6 ]
Total Votes : 11

AuthorMessage
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord? Empty
PostSubject: Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord?   Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord? EmptyTue May 22, 2018 6:58 am

Topic title. Ty.

EDIT: The deed is done. https://discord.gg/gc6Gv3D

Last edited by Nour Force on Wed Jun 20, 2018 9:19 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Leviera
WDA Member
WDA Member
Leviera

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : EarlS

PostSubject: Re: Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord?   Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord? EmptyTue May 22, 2018 7:04 am

I'm all for convenience for everyone, so if people want to switch I will just follow suit, I just think WDA might really eventually die off if we do. But I'm not smart so it's probably just needless worrying on my part.
Back to top Go down
https://www.google.com/
Pumpkin Row
SKY FIRE
SKY FIRE

Achievement Points : 42

PostSubject: Re: Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord?   Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord? EmptyTue May 22, 2018 7:11 am

Coming to this forum is more difficult than simply letting Discord automatically open. This place is also harder to find than a public Discord server.

Discord has:

Skins, so people can customize their view.
Bots, which can do a wide variety of things.
Actual channels, rather than threads, which are easier and less time consuming to use.
Actually works, allowing people to know when a message has been posted if they actually want to.
Can be more easily accessed by phone or computer.
Allows you to ignore people that you dislike, which is something that people have requested before.
Allows you to invite people without said person having to go through the hassle of making another account just for this place.
Is more widely used anyway.

In short, there's really no reason to stay here. None whatsoever. Which is why only, like, 5-6 people still show up to this forum's chatbox.

Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

PostSubject: Re: Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord?   Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord? EmptyTue May 22, 2018 1:27 pm

https://discord.gg/zVV5QPn

Just going to slide that here, incase no one has seen this yet.
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

PostSubject: Re: Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord?   Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord? EmptyTue May 22, 2018 4:20 pm

J.J. Knight wrote:
https://discord.gg/zVV5QPn

Just going to slide that here, incase no one has seen this yet.

Read the title carefully, thanks

I'm talking about basically shutting down cbox and using solely Discord.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

PostSubject: Re: Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord?   Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord? EmptyTue May 22, 2018 9:50 pm

Nour please, a good captain sinks with his ship. WE LIVE AND DIE WITH CBOX!!
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

PostSubject: Re: Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord?   Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord? EmptyWed May 23, 2018 12:34 am

Alibaba wrote:
Nour please, a good captain sinks with his ship. WE LIVE AND DIE WITH CBOX!!
But we can have a more efficient chatbox. In fact, it's so good, it's not even confined to a box.
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

PostSubject: Re: Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord?   Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord? EmptyWed May 23, 2018 5:06 am

I did read the title and I voted to shoot it dead.
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

PostSubject: Re: Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord?   Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord? EmptyWed May 23, 2018 5:22 am

posting to say i voted for cbox
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord?   Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord? EmptyThu May 24, 2018 11:16 pm

I can definitely see people making the jump to the Discord server, but I don't see the harm in keeping Cbox up as it's convenient for people on the forum as a means of shouting quick "strapjuhs" to one another. I think the real topic is whether people think it's necessary to renew the Cbox again once it's expired if it won't be used as a main means of communication, which isn't something I have much say in since I don't come here all too often. If the Cbox lets me bother whoever's on at the time for the few times when I do drop by, with or without fancy name colors and features, that's fine by me. That said, I'm more likely to drop by the Discord server more often since that's overall more convenient.

I'll go wherever everyone decides to go, even if people decide to stick to Cbox as a main chatting utility. If you're not going to renew Cbox, I don't mind; that said, I still think it'd be for the best that we keep it around.
Back to top Go down
Judgement Princess
WDA Member
WDA Member
Judgement Princess

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : JDPrincess

PostSubject: Re: Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord?   Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord? EmptySat Jun 16, 2018 9:03 am

Discord is the thing now. It's used for everything and can do so much. Point system, pokemon battle etc etc. The thing is endless..
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

PostSubject: Re: Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord?   Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord? EmptyWed Jun 20, 2018 9:09 am

We sorta moved to Discord. https://discord.gg/gc6Gv3D
Back to top Go down
danna45
WDA Member
WDA Member
danna45

Achievement Points : 14
Waifu : arcade bumstead

PostSubject: Re: Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord?   Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord? EmptyThu Nov 26, 2020 3:54 am

rip in pieces cbox era you will be missed
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord?   Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord? Empty

Back to top Go down

Why should or shouldn't we shut down and migrate to Discord?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Dueling Academy :: Rules and Support :: Support :: Site Suggestions-
Jump to: