World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

To fight a former friend

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RawrRiceball
WDA Member
WDA Member
RawrRiceball

Waifu : RawrRiceball

To fight a former friend Empty
PostSubject: To fight a former friend   To fight a former friend EmptyTue Aug 09, 2011 4:13 pm

I kinda wrote this late at night, so I'm sorry if it sounds a bit odd. I guess it was an experiment of just writing something that's not story related to anything. Hope you enjoy.

It was raining, under the cold moonlit sky that hovered over the city of Duel City. The skies were just as dark as they could be, with thunderstorms being rampant every few minutes or so. Renji Sayomi, a normal student who went to the same dueling school had everyone else was sleeping. The sounds of thunder had woke him up, and he couldn’t sleep.

“ … God damn it, I can’t even sleep now. It’s so dark.. yet even I can’t feel asleep. “ He sighed as he looked out of the window. “ It’s raining and I can’t seem to see that well. “ His clock was flashing, knowing the lighting had bothered with his electricity, having the power turn off and back on in an instance. He looked over at his deck however, seeing that a faint glow was appearing.

Renji meticulously examined the deck and saw no changes. Thought it would be his imagination. He held his duel disk that he borrowed from the school, and placed his deck in. His entire duel disk started to brighten up, as of himself feeling very dizzy. He held on to the table as he felt a slight pain coming up to his chest, breathing heavily as needed.
Shortly, he felt pain coming through him, and it was known that his deck was appearing to be possessed. He heard a voice out of nowhere. It had the faint sound of himself, yet with a darker tone.

“ Renji.. soon you shall be consumed by darkness too…. Soon you will join with us. “ said a voice that wasn’t noticeable. His eyes was blurry but when he shook his head, the pain disappeared. He noticed, he was outside with the rain not pouring down on as the sky shifted to a bright gray. Renji, having noticed of the area, wondered if it was a dream.

“ Great.. just great. So it seems like this must be a fantasy right? Darkness or what not.. what are you talking about? “, said Renji in a sarcastic tone. He saw himself, but with a presence of dark black aura around him. He was a incardinate of evil that Renji knew. Remembering from his studies, he noticed that the feelings of darkness can form a body, a fictional reality set into the world of Darkness only fueled by the power of dueling. Even he knew for sure that it wasn’t a joke. The figure smirked and formed into a shape of his former friend. “ Remember Renji? I was that one friend.. of yours you pushed away. That one friend you hated so much. “ He laughed and he pulled his duel disk next to him. “ I was your best friend, named Shin. After all, you don’t care at all, right? “

Renji remembered the terrible pain that had caused him. “ Just go away Shin. You were someone that backstabbed me. I don’t want to see your face again. “, he said ominously at him. Shin was a figure of darkness that wore a suit, surrounded by rays of darkness on him. His face wasn’t seen but he was completely filled with darkness, eyes being demonically red and a huge smirk on his face was shown. “ Well, guess what Renji. You will never get out of here, unless you duel me. You have to face me. I’m not your stupid friend as well, but I carry your darkness and it seems like you’re fueling me. “, Shin said laughing. He pulled out his duel disk and it shined, with 4000 life points showing.

Renji had no choice to pull out his duel disk as well. “ You… I’ll finish you quickly. “
Renji and Shin played Rock, Papers, Scissors. Renji played Rock, and Shin played Scissors. Shin remarkably said, “ It doesn’t matter if I go second. As long you fuel me, I’ll make sure you don’t get to come back to the real world! “

Renji drew 6 cards. He drew 2 The Fabled Ganashias, 1 Fabled Kushano, 1 Fabled Grimro, The Tricky and Mind Control.

“ My turn. By discarding Kushano, I bring out The Tricky.. and that’s not all. I get to also discard Ganashia to special summon him onto the field and get Kushano back to my hand. Perhaps you won’t even last long Shin.. You never will. “
He ended his turn.

Shin drew 6 cards, and it was Foolish burial, Card Trooper, Ryko, Charge of the Light Brigade, Pot of Duality and Charge of the Light Brigade.
“ You fool, so your field isn’t empty for once.. what will you do? “ He sets Ryko face down in defense mode, playing pot of duality to show 3 cards. Sangan, Giant Trunade and Chaos Sorcerer were the cards. Playing defensively, he took Sangan as a result. Then he played Charge of the Light Brigade.

“ You see?! I’m making sure you get to lose first! I mill out, Wulf, Lightsworn Beast just of that. And not only he’s out, but I mill my plaguespeader zombie and my Gorz! This is it! You don’t have a chance now! And now, Wulf, strike his Tricky! “
A faint blow comes from Tricky being demolished by Wulf’s slash. He also sets one card face down and ends his turn. Renji takes 100.
“ When I finish you.. I’ll make sure I don’t have to see you again. I’m tired of you making me feel bad, you sorry ass. “

He draws into a Snipe Hunter. He thought slowly about his decision to synchro, yet he was wondering if it would be better to go for a 6 star synchro or to attack him head on.

“ What’s the matter Renji?! Finally realizing you suck? Finally realizing that I was right for once? Hurry up, you are a nuisance. “
It fueled more of Renji’s rage, but it was out of sheer hatred for him. He didn’t want to express it as he knew he was going to help Shin with his power in this artificial world it formed. Now it felt like, he was actually facing Shin, yet he knows it is a figment of Renji’s on hatred.
‘ Why do I even bother calling him Shin.. he isn’t him. Yet he acts like him exactly.. ‘

It becomes known to him, that to eradicate his memory of Shin, he would have to duel him to finish that. To accept the obstacles to come at him, was just the beginning and he felt a warm aura surrounding him, which was filled with light. His anger was soothed by calmness of the air and himself thought of what to do.

Taking a long time, he noticed the Darkness within Shin was beginning to erupt. Shin felt angrier by the second, but focused on Renji’s developing aura.

“ Hurry up damn it! I have no time for you to do absolutely nothing! “, screamed Shin in a maniacal voice.
Renji had Ganashia and Kushano for Brionac, Dragon of the ice barrier. He discarded his second Ganashia to bring back Wulf to his hand. He also got Ganashia out on the field, meaning he could also search with Grimro if he had the chance. He got The Fabled Cerrebul, which seemed like he could finish him off right now.

He felt pretty powerful as Shin was feeling really shocked of what has happened. He summoned Cerrebul and synced with his second Ganashia, to create TG Hyper Librarian which didn’t seem like much help for him.
“ Not so fast! I’m going to counter it with my Bottomless Trap Hole! “
He smirked and laughed as TG Librarian went to the grave yard.
Renji kept his cool, as his aura went up. He could still attack, and he did. But he did not realize his face down was Ryko, Lightsworn Hunter. Brionac went to the grave, and Ryko milled out 3 Lightsworn monsters. Lumina, Jain, and Celestia. Ryko ended up meeting the grave as well. Renji ended his turn.

With Shin’s power extending beyond reach, he draws a powerful card. Judgment dragon was special summoned. Renji didn’t have much to do, and he knew it would be a devastating blow to him. Shin paid 1000 of his life points to blow everything off on the field. Now that it was empty, Shin smirked wide and he attacked for 3000 to Renji’s life points.
Pain was up in Renji, but he knew he couldn’t give up. He had the thoughts of his friend Shin in his head, slowly reminding him of good times he had with him. He had trouble remembering because it was over shadowed by the very own hatred of Shin from Renji. Slowly standing up, Renji stumbled to keep his balance. There were marks on him, and smoke was coming out from the Duel disk.
Shin ended his turn.

No choice, Renji had trouble deciding what he could do. However, just when he drew.. a spark of light came out.
“ It seems like… I think I can finish you. I know it. Monster reborn, bring Brionac back! He uses his effect, to discard mind control, and bring Judgment back to your hand! And now, I will attack you directly! “, said a triumphant Renji.

He felt things were going his way, as Shin took 2300, dropping him down to 700. Renji was at 800, yet Shin was at 700. Suddenly, Shin felt a shock go through him, his ability to hate has decreased and his skill level was shortly decreasing as well.

“ Grrr, you.. I can still, win! I can! “
But the darkness corrupted his mind, making him clueless of the decisions to make. He set one card down, instead of playing Judgment Dragon onto the field.
“ W-What is this.. w-why I can’t even do things right… what is it.. “, said a destitute Shin. He began to have darkness separate from him. He ended his turn, knowing this would be the premeditated end that Renji would go for.
“ I draw another Ganashia. And then, I discard it for your face down to come to your hand, ganashia comes out and then, I’ll attack you for game. “
“ NOOOOOOO! You can’t! You can’t! “, screamed Shin as the environment shifted away to light, making Renji completely holy as well. Shin, knowing, grabbed on to Renji’s leg and dragged him down the hole.
“ If I go, you get to go to hell with me! “ He laughed manically, as he started to fade.

Renji woke up again from his bed to notice it was still raining. He then remembered the events, and went back to sleep.. His eyes were closing in, fading as the darkness surrounded him. He woke up later in the morning to head off for school. He got his deck and duel disk ready, walking out of the front door, and noticing that Shin was there in front of him with a gift.
Curiosity striked Renji. He said explicitly, “ Don’t you hate me… remember? I know we can’t be friends anymore. “

Shin shook his head, and he opened the box. It was a photo of both of them when they were little with yugioh cards that showed them enjoying and having fun.

“ You don’t want to take it? That’s fine.. I wanted to say I’m sorry for the things I have done. It seems like, I pushed people away because no one understood what I went through. You were my victim for most of my troubles.. and look what has happened to me. I been going downhill ever since. “

Shin walked away slowly, yet Renji said, “ Wait! “ He turned around and he threw the box back at him. “ You forgot this. I know you wanted it back. Keep it as a reminder of our friendship. I’m here if you still want to be friends. I can help you get back on your feet. “

Shin shrugged and walked towards him. “ Yeah.. sure please. I need it. “
He didn’t say much, but he showed a small smile, walking off to school. Renji forgave his friend, and forgot about his hatred for him. It felt as it disappeared into the air. Darkness was still present, but it didn’t consume on the minds of both as it did. However, there was always the indication of hate whenever feelings were pushed out. From there on, a stream of light always followed them wherever they go.
Back to top Go down

To fight a former friend
Page 1 of 1