World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ultimate Gadgets: Maybe not so ultimate after all?

Go down 
+5
Shock
mido9
AsianShadow
Unknown
DigiDigi
9 posters
AuthorMessage
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

Ultimate Gadgets: Maybe not so ultimate after all? Empty
PostSubject: Ultimate Gadgets: Maybe not so ultimate after all?   Ultimate Gadgets: Maybe not so ultimate after all? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 6:59 am

With the rather new addition to the Yugioh Card game: XYZ summoning, there has been a slight shift in the paradigm for the mentality of all duelists on a global scale regarding the mechanics of XYZ summoning to the benefits of the XYZ monsters themselves. Already we have righteous attempts for turbos such as Rescue Rabbit themes, Tengu themes, re-structuring top tier decks in order to install these XYZ monsters, and finally we have Ultimate Gadgets, which may perhaps be the most consistent build of them all. Why do I say this strong statement? I say this because with the obvious gadget engine alongside the old Ultimate Offering combo, they can not only be used to OTK with a simple limiter removal, but they can now be supported by high attack/easy to summon XYZ monsters.

Now you can take Ultimate Gadgets several ways for top notch consistency: Ancient Gear engine, Machina engine, Karakuri engine, Jinzo engine, Cyber support, or you can use the average anti-meta build alongside Meklords. So many choices for an old deck build. Yes indeed this deck has its history since gadgets came out in Machine Re-Volt in 2006. The best way to mash up a good meta deck is to take advantage of situations and go all out. Some would say this strategy is reckless, but if your deck has the ability to swarm and dominate then allow it to to its fullest potential. So my best suggestion for this build is to use the Gear and Machina engines alongside the support of Unknown Synchron.

As conceptual as this article may seem so far, it has been proven that any Gadget deck, and to be specific with the article Ultimate Gadgets, will break down and not perform to its fullest capacity in several situations:
  • No Gadgets in first few draws.
  • Gadgets without Ultimate Offering for the majority of the duel.
  • Etc Bad draws.
  • Any cards used that hinders effects in general or search methods.

To further elaborate on the weaknesses of Gadgets, which many of us should already know by now, I would like to point out the obvious and say the following are staples to side against these bad boys:
  • Thunder King Rai-Oh: Its a given to side him because of his ability to cease all methods of search firstly. Secondly, any sort of special summon that is forced upon itself due to requirements (DAD, Cyber Dragon, Fusions, XYZ, Syncros, Rituals, etc.) would be stopped immediately, if played with strategic thought. So I conclude that Thunder King is a must in side decks (that is if your own deck isn't search heavy).

• System Down: This is a more iffy object to use, as most people are converting to the Ultimate Gadget varient, which will quickly overlay before you can blink.

• King Tiger Wanghu: This is the ultimate anti-gadget side next to Thunder King due to his effect alone. However, more than likely, you will be facing Machina and Geartown builds which might throw off this strategy, making Rai-Oh the better choice.

• Skill Drain: This is a splendid alternative to Wanghu, however your deck must be able to work around the field, such as utilizing anywhere except the field. Mostly, beatdown variants are a smart choice in this format.

• Chimeratech Fortress Dragon: If you can stop the search and stun gadgets somehow, leaving them vulnerable, you can always pull out that Cyber Dragon you sided and use that one Fortress Dragon you decided to main just for this certain situation. Great fun here, but your worries are left to getting around your opponent's backfield.

Albeit, there are several other methods to get around Gadget's shenanigans. Mostly, you should be able to rely on Rai-Oh for your troubles here, just make sure to protect him! There are plenty of more options and alternatives to side against Gadget structured decks, just got a little lazy here.

Well that was my 4-1-1 on Ultimate Gadgets, and if you had any questions, comments, concerns or any more to add to my list of alternatives and tips, please do post. I do appreciate you all reading my articles and responding to it with criticism and compliments, as it encourages me to participate more often. Til' next time, nyan~!

Last edited by DigiDigi on Sun Aug 14, 2011 8:17 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Gadgets: Maybe not so ultimate after all?   Ultimate Gadgets: Maybe not so ultimate after all? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 7:18 am

I'm meantioned in the article! AAAAAAWESOME! I didn't even know I was a Yu-Gi-Oh card until today! Yeah as for the article, true that. Bad draws......the curse of a children's card game.
Back to top Go down
AsianShadow
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianShadow

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ProdigyShadow

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Gadgets: Maybe not so ultimate after all?   Ultimate Gadgets: Maybe not so ultimate after all? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 7:31 am

Digi has a point here,dead draws and TKRO would be killing this deck.The only thing that you may have to save you is...well,maybe nothing!
Back to top Go down
mido9
WDA Member
WDA Member
mido9

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : mido9

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Gadgets: Maybe not so ultimate after all?   Ultimate Gadgets: Maybe not so ultimate after all? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 7:38 am

Well,look at it this way,you have a bigger chance of anti sacking with gadgets than with any deck.
Back to top Go down
Shock
WDA Member
WDA Member
Shock

Waifu : Shock

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Gadgets: Maybe not so ultimate after all?   Ultimate Gadgets: Maybe not so ultimate after all? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 8:17 am

Owell,When I play ult gadgets I use double smashing for that,it usually works,anyway,with gadgets,even if you get a rai oh or a wanghu out first turn,they are most likely able to find a way around it,but they strongly depend on a decent starting hand.

Pulling the rug is also another way of countering them in my opinion,but I side it only in counter fairies.All in all,nice article and thanks for the information.

I have to agree with your statement though,I also believe they're kinda overrated,them and the whole XYZ Bizness,I find Wabbit builds better
Back to top Go down
Legendaryfrost
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Legendaryfrost

Waifu : LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Gadgets: Maybe not so ultimate after all?   Ultimate Gadgets: Maybe not so ultimate after all? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 9:38 am

Shock wrote:
Owell,When I play ult gadgets I use double smashing for that,it usually works

^This. Smashing and Gadgets go hand in hand, the whole purpose is to get rid of the anti-gadget cards. Though Ultimate Gadgets are overrated, doesn't mean they aren't good, plus they can be splashed with other things like machina, or even some tourguides to generate advantage. Still workin on my but IMO they're a 3.5/5 deck :S
Back to top Go down
raye
WDA Member
WDA Member
raye

Achievement Points : 4

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Gadgets: Maybe not so ultimate after all?   Ultimate Gadgets: Maybe not so ultimate after all? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 9:54 am

I have my gadget deck that i made that summons alot without the power from ultimate offering
Back to top Go down
Supasmash
WDA Member
WDA Member
Supasmash

Achievement Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Gadgets: Maybe not so ultimate after all?   Ultimate Gadgets: Maybe not so ultimate after all? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 10:39 am

[REDACTED]

Last edited by Supasmash on Tue Oct 18, 2016 6:32 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
AsianGuy1137
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianGuy1137

Waifu : AsianGuy1137

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Gadgets: Maybe not so ultimate after all?   Ultimate Gadgets: Maybe not so ultimate after all? EmptySun Aug 14, 2011 3:28 pm

Six Sam and T.G. run Dark Bribe, or at least the ones I've seen do since they generate crazy advantage already.

Gadgets maximize on the +1 advantage each turn. Their support should be able to take down every single one of the monster counters they have fairly easily. Traps on the other hand, well, there's seven tools, trap stun, even seen some use bait doll and malevolent catastrophe.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Gadgets: Maybe not so ultimate after all?   Ultimate Gadgets: Maybe not so ultimate after all? Empty

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Gadgets: Maybe not so ultimate after all?
Page 1 of 1