World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete

Go down 
+3
D JR
Destined777
J.J. Knight
7 posters
AuthorMessage
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete Empty
PostSubject: Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete   Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 3:14 pm

About one hour ago, I have completed the edits for Chapter 15, the 'halfway point' for the book. For those who's read my book, you know that the book is split into three different sections. Chapters 1-10 focus primary on Richard's detective work, Chapters 11-20 reveals the planning from the Ripper's point of view, while putting Sarah into a much larger role in place of Richard, though still largely relevant, and Chapters 21-30 are the climatic chapters where the Ripper and Richard prepare for the final confrontation. It's a rather simple formula that's worked well for this book.

At the current point in my editing process, I am at 265 pages (On Word), and 85,601 words. From the third draft, my manuscript has increased by a total of 10,000 words and 26 pages. I except to increase my page count by roughly 35 pages (to make it an even 300), and increase the word count by another 15,000 (To make it about 100,000 words).

The main reason why I am posting this is because Chapter 15 is the absolute most I will sent to anyone for peer reading (which I will still welcome). This will allow you to read up to half of my book for the final draft WITHOUT the edits. That means you may see something in my book that you may not in the final copy (for example, Richard wanting to play the piano at the home of the second murdered family). This opportunity will only last for about two weeks.

After the two week period, I will NOT distribute chapters to ANYONE. So if you wish to get a sneak peak of my book before it hits the shelves on December/January, now is the time to ask for it. These will be the UNEDITED FINAL DRAFT CHAPTERS. Normally, I would NOT let ANYONE read my work. The reason I am letting you read my work is because I trust that you will not attempt to steal it (I have safeguards preventing you from doing so), but also because of the peer reading to help me improve my work (Yes, I am calling you guinea pigs. The ego stroke feels good too).

So if you want to have a chance to read my work before I close this offer to anyone, now is the time.
Back to top Go down
Destined777
Mirage Knight
Mirage Knight
Destined777

Achievement Points : 52
Waifu : Shido_Fuyuki

PostSubject: Re: Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete   Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 5:05 pm

Well sure I would like a sneak peek if its more than what I have already read! :D
Good luck with the next 15 chapters btw smile
Back to top Go down
D JR
Key Mace
 Key Mace
D JR

Achievement Points : 22
Waifu : D-JR

PostSubject: Re: Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete   Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 5:18 pm

I wouldn't mind a free sneak peak.
It's free after all. smile
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Meheheh

PostSubject: Re: Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete   Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:29 pm

Is your book coming out in England?
Back to top Go down
Lupe
WDA Member
WDA Member
Lupe

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Retired

PostSubject: Re: Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete   Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 6:52 pm

He's a real book maker? How satisfying! Well, just to get a taste, I would like you to message me this ''Free Sneak Peak'' call me a guinea pig or a dirthog, atleast I can read something! (I havent read a book since ages!) Hook me up!
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

PostSubject: Re: Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete   Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:28 pm

Pyro wrote:
He's a real book maker?

Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete Facepalm
Back to top Go down
psychoturtle
WDA Member
WDA Member
psychoturtle

Waifu : IamPsychoturtle

PostSubject: Re: Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete   Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete EmptyThu Sep 01, 2011 8:35 pm

Fish wrote:
Pyro wrote:
He's a real book maker?

Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete Facepalm
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete   Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 2:06 am

I will send you guys an email with the first 5 chapters later today. Except you Pyro. You're a dumbass. ( jkjk I'll send you some).
Back to top Go down
Kira Yamato
WDA Member
WDA Member
Kira Yamato

Waifu : KirAYamat0

PostSubject: Re: Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete   Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete EmptyFri Sep 02, 2011 4:13 am

:O J.J. could i get the chapters too :D i'd love to read them ^_^
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete   Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 2:23 pm

Sure.

Please send me your emails so I can send them.
Back to top Go down
D JR
Key Mace
 Key Mace
D JR

PostSubject: Re: Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete   Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 4:15 pm

You cant send as a pm?
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

PostSubject: Re: Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete   Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 6:23 pm

It's like, half a book, it's a bit long to send as a PM xD
Back to top Go down
D JR
Key Mace
 Key Mace
D JR

PostSubject: Re: Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete   Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 6:59 pm

You can't copy/paste it?
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

PostSubject: Re: Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete   Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 7:01 pm

It's a bit uncomfortable isn't it? I always preferred reading things in Microsoft Word as oppose to PM, it's much better for reading anyway cause you can see what page you're on.
Back to top Go down
Lupe
WDA Member
WDA Member
Lupe

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Retired

PostSubject: Re: Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete   Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete EmptySat Sep 03, 2011 8:03 pm

J. J. Knight wrote:
I will send you guys an email with the first 5 chapters later today. Except you Pyro. You're a dumbass. ( jkjk I'll send you some).
Emails? I got no email, Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete 1127915601 Y u no kno my email tis be in ur pm section lololol (BTW im sigging that.)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete   Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete Empty

Back to top Go down

Final Draft Manuscript Status: 50% Complete
Page 1 of 1