World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Staples You Might Use

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

Staples You Might Use Empty
PostSubject: Staples You Might Use   Staples You Might Use EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 6:47 pm

List of Staples

Mystical Space Typhoon
Heavy Storm
Dark Hole
Book of Moon
Mirror Force
Torrential Tribute
Trap Dust-shoot
Effect Veiler
Solemn Warning
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Staples You Might Use   Staples You Might Use EmptyMon Sep 12, 2011 10:08 pm

Staples are deck specific, the staples of a Lightsworn deck, the staples of a Gadget deck and the staples of a stall-burn deck will always differ. Even with the idea of a universal staple in mind, when deckbuilding you might want to drop the idea of a staple or a splashable card if you want good decks, it will only restrict you, every time you build a deck be able to properly justify the existence and use of every card in the deck if you want them to be good.

In this format Mirror Force is very debatable even for the initial intents of that list.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chuckles
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dr. Chuckles

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Dr. Chuckles

PostSubject: Re: Staples You Might Use   Staples You Might Use EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:39 am

i would have to agree with al, (he usually knows what he's talking about lol) a staple will differ from deck to deck regardless to how good you are. unless ur just starting out staples usually arn't the way to go in my opinion because as al said they restrict you. for ex: i just made a normal caster deck, do you think mirror is in there...no it's not because it's just not rational to me as the duelist when i can have 3 just breaks that do the same thing lol. staples are all dependant upon the duelist that is building the deck, what you might find as a staple may not be one for everyone else, for ex i don't like warning, the cost of 2k points is just not a nice thing for me considering i account on losing have of my points any way lol, i don't wanna dig my own grave lol. but my point is, it's nearly impossible to make a list of staples due to the fact that people will do thier own thing. ppl are individuals and so it's hard to validate what's splashable and what's not from person to person.

don't get me wrong it's a nice list, i just feel that it really can't be continued due to reasons listed above.
Back to top Go down
Destined777
Mirage Knight
Mirage Knight
Destined777

Achievement Points : 52
Waifu : Shido_Fuyuki

PostSubject: Re: Staples You Might Use   Staples You Might Use EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 7:16 am

Other than agreeing with those 2.
I think the only things about the list that really don't seem like staples is effect veiler or trap dusthoot. Well dustshoot might a bit more of a staple then effect veiler :P
But IDK I might be wrong about those 2 but I definately don't think about putting either of those cards in all my decks lol.
But other than that I do agree with Al and Chuckles.
Back to top Go down
Vaati
Baby Dragon
 Baby Dragon
Vaati

Achievement Points : 15
Waifu : Vaati

PostSubject: Re: Staples You Might Use   Staples You Might Use EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 9:19 am

Heavy storm, Dark hole and book of moon, I usually don't go anywhere without those three, though a heavy backrow deck (does it still exist) can't go with storm.

To go further with Al-bhed, you can't use a card "because it's good", for example, how can you use a Dark Armed Dragon in a GK deck? GK hasn't got the grave control and valley prevents the use of DAD, so you can't use every good card randomly in every deck.

Next to this, if you randomly use every good card you can think of, you will get out the synergy of your deck, reducing the speed of your deck and the combos you can create.
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

PostSubject: Re: Staples You Might Use   Staples You Might Use EmptyTue Sep 13, 2011 6:48 pm

I made this topic mainly for me xD
When I make a deck I seem to always forget staples.
I usually add all of the things on the list except for effect veiler. sometimes book of moon.
But still..
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chuckles
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dr. Chuckles

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Dr. Chuckles

PostSubject: Re: Staples You Might Use   Staples You Might Use EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 1:46 am

well hopefully we've shed some light on the subject for you. just because these are good cards, that doesn't mean that you need all of them all the time. hope we've all been some help.
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

PostSubject: Re: Staples You Might Use   Staples You Might Use EmptyWed Sep 14, 2011 6:21 am

Well I sorta know that. That's why I wrote Staples You MIGHT Use
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Staples You Might Use   Staples You Might Use Empty

Back to top Go down

Staples You Might Use
Page 1 of 1