World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Shameful Confessions

Go down 
+25
Unknown
Vaati
Lucci
Guoxing
Nour Force
Katarina
Leo
Kimo Force
Eco_Junkie
D JR
FoxboyAlex
DigiDigi
Mageta
Al-Bhed
Lycanfr3ak
Destined777
Kitouski
mido9
J.J. Knight
Bakura Normal
Fish
Scar
Eheroduelist1
paradox158
Minako
29 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Minako
WDA Member
WDA Member
Minako

Achievement Points : 6
Waifu : Minako

Shameful Confessions Empty
PostSubject: Shameful Confessions   Shameful Confessions EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 5:01 am

In this game, you post a card that sucks that you use to think was good. Explain why you thought that and how you eventually scrapped the card. We were all noobs once so we should have plenty of stories.

Spoiler:

I thought this card was so powerful back in the day. You can add the attack of one monster to another! OMG how awesome is that! Nevermind that it'd only be useful if you had to get over a monster...fissure or smashing ground would be to easy right? I kept dead drawing it and I think I only used it's effects once or twice the hundred times I drew it...and didn't really need it. How naive I once was.
Back to top Go down
paradox158
WDA Member
WDA Member
paradox158

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : ! ! ! ! ! ! ! NO <

PostSubject: Re: Shameful Confessions   Shameful Confessions EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 5:15 am

when i first started yugioh i thought that night assaliant was the best card ever i thought i culd flip him destroy a card witch is right then i thought i culd equip sword of the soul eater and then thought he gained 3000 atk with no tributes................i hate my self now........now someone else say
Back to top Go down
Eheroduelist1
WDA Member
WDA Member
Eheroduelist1

Waifu : Eheroduelist

PostSubject: Re: Shameful Confessions   Shameful Confessions EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 7:11 am

when i first started using the elemental heroes, i got the spell card, HERO Flash!
i read it, and thought it was AMAZING.
after about 5-10 duels with it online... i realized the chances of me getting all the H,E,R,O cards into the graveyard in time to use HERO Flash! b4 i lost was highly unlikely. .-. i only run IRL because i never get to duel with the deck anymore anyway.
Back to top Go down
Minako
WDA Member
WDA Member
Minako

PostSubject: Re: Shameful Confessions   Shameful Confessions EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 7:30 am

Eheroduelist1 wrote:
when i first started using the elemental heroes, i got the spell card, HERO Flash!
i read it, and thought it was AMAZING.
after about 5-10 duels with it online... i realized the chances of me getting all the H,E,R,O cards into the graveyard in time to use HERO Flash! b4 i lost was highly unlikely. .-. i only run IRL because i never get to duel with the deck anymore anyway.

Not to mention it takes up a lot of space in the deck. I feel your pain btw....I feel your pain. Another card I noobed up was Hibikibe. I loved her....I mean come on. she's stronger than celtic guardian.
Back to top Go down
Scar
WDA Member
WDA Member
Scar

Achievement Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: Shameful Confessions   Shameful Confessions EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 7:34 am

I card I used to love was lightning vortex ._. pretty obv why was noob and destroying all monsters on opp side of field sounded epic D: never used it again after i realized how there is way better choices
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Waifu : Meheheh

PostSubject: Re: Shameful Confessions   Shameful Confessions EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 7:37 am

Shameful Confessions BlueEyesWhiteDragonSDK-NA-UR-1E

Why was this not done yet.
Back to top Go down
Bakura Normal
Fangless Vampire
 Fangless Vampire
Bakura Normal

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : Bakura normal

PostSubject: Re: Shameful Confessions   Shameful Confessions EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 8:02 am

I thought it was the kuriboh since I only watched anime back then

Damn was I wrong .-.
Back to top Go down
Eheroduelist1
WDA Member
WDA Member
Eheroduelist1

Waifu : Eheroduelist

PostSubject: Re: Shameful Confessions   Shameful Confessions EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 8:13 am

Infernal_Darkness wrote:
I card I used to love was lightning vortex ._. pretty obv why was noob and destroying all monsters on opp side of field sounded epic D: never used it again after i realized how there is way better choices

Actually, I love to run LV in heroes decks, makes for easy discard of Necroshade
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

PostSubject: Re: Shameful Confessions   Shameful Confessions EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 8:13 am

Same as Fish.
Back to top Go down
mido9
WDA Member
WDA Member
mido9

Waifu : mido9

PostSubject: Re: Shameful Confessions   Shameful Confessions EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 8:36 am

Horn of the unicorn back in spirit caller.

OMFG BROKEN CARD!!!1

it gives a monster 700 free atk and returns to top of my deck for later!? broken card,run 3 always.

And that was when i didnt run staples.Back when gemini elf was the ace of my deck and all i ran was lvl 4 or less normal monsters with bad stats,with 60 cards and no useful cards(not even mirror force).

/fail
Back to top Go down
Kitouski
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kitouski

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : Chino

PostSubject: Re: Shameful Confessions   Shameful Confessions EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 2:03 pm

Two-Pronged Attack is logically worth it if you used it against a 2 tribute monster.

How terribly, terribly wrong I was...
Back to top Go down
Destined777
Mirage Knight
Mirage Knight
Destined777

Achievement Points : 52
Waifu : Shido_Fuyuki

PostSubject: Re: Shameful Confessions   Shameful Confessions EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 4:41 pm

Lol Wingweaver xD
But this was back when I was like what 6, 7, or 8 lolz
That was when I got the Yugi starter deck and my brother got the kaiba one so when my cousin gave me wing weaver I obviously thought it was better than my dark magician xD
Back to top Go down
Lycanfr3ak
WDA Member
WDA Member
Lycanfr3ak

PostSubject: Re: Shameful Confessions   Shameful Confessions EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 9:27 pm

I really liked Infernal Dragon for long time until i realized its waste of summon xD ofc i didnt use any support for it it was one-use beatstick ^^
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Shameful Confessions   Shameful Confessions EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 10:02 pm

Shadow Spell, we used to use this for the longest time, I mean years. We saw it do so many things at once, obviously outdoing spellbinding circle by miles, and my copy of shadow spell was so shiny, and so we kept it in our decks even while things like sakuretsu armor existed. I dropped it after I had my first big revelation in yugioh: "Why restrict monsters when I can use a bunch of those cards that destroy them easily and make my opponent run out of monsters to beat them and why run tribute summon monsters when I can destroy all of theirs with those cards and run 1900 ATK lv4 beaters instead?" which was my first steps towards stun. That being said Shadow Spell does have a use. While it can stop an attack on your opponent's turn and make the monster weak enough to kill next turn, it can also be used on your turn if needed to run over an opponent's monster, something that sakuretsu etc. cannot do.
Back to top Go down
Minako
WDA Member
WDA Member
Minako

PostSubject: Re: Shameful Confessions   Shameful Confessions EmptyThu Sep 15, 2011 11:52 pm

I have to say I was the same way with wingweaver and horn of the unicorn. I learned the hard way with unicorn when I had 3 of them equipped to a single monster that got destroyed....I removed all 3 after that duel. Wingweaver was my ace....second only to

St. Joan

I mean come on. I'm only one poly, maria, and maiden away from a 2800 beater. Not to mention that I then get 200 LP every turn. Suck on that noob.
Back to top Go down
Mageta
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mageta

Waifu : Magetaa

PostSubject: Re: Shameful Confessions   Shameful Confessions EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 12:06 am

I use to think Uraby was the best card in the world with 1500 atk.

Oh, how wrong i was.

Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

PostSubject: Re: Shameful Confessions   Shameful Confessions EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 12:07 am

When I first started, I thought the game was won with a time limit and whoever had the most life points won. So I packed my deck with cards like Dian Keto the Cure Master with stall (waboku with high DEF monsters). Eventually somebody told me after some dozen tournaments that I was wrong and that there were several win conditions such as Exodia, LP loss, and deck out. I also put random cards in my deck because I liked how it looked (Petit Angel, excluded Sangan cuz he was ugly to me, and Mystical Elf was my favorite back then alongside Kuriboh.) So yes, I didn't read the text on the cards back then and just relied on my older brother (who was 11 at the time) to teach me and my other brother. And yes, I was a complete net decking noob back when it all started >.<

Due to the fact that I didn't read my cards and understand the text until i was 5 years in or so, I could be considered the biggest noob.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Waifu : Meheheh

PostSubject: Re: Shameful Confessions   Shameful Confessions EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 3:38 am

Shameful Confessions 300px-InpachiPGD-EN-C

I used to have all the inpachis in my deck, they were awesome. Just plain awesome.
Back to top Go down
FoxboyAlex
WDA Member
WDA Member
FoxboyAlex

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : FoxboyAlex

PostSubject: Re: Shameful Confessions   Shameful Confessions EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 7:04 am

We all used to be in-love with Gaia, The Fierce Knight.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/FoxboyAlex
Mageta
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mageta

Waifu : Magetaa

PostSubject: Re: Shameful Confessions   Shameful Confessions EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 8:25 am

FoxboyAlex wrote:
We all used to be in-love with Gaia, The Fierce Knight.

I never knew the restriction limit. So I had like 15 monser reborns in my deck and I just kept dead drawing Reborns xD
Back to top Go down
D JR
Key Mace
 Key Mace
D JR

Achievement Points : 22
Waifu : D-JR

PostSubject: Re: Shameful Confessions   Shameful Confessions EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 10:25 am

I thought Rising Energy was just THE hottest card!
Back to top Go down
Eco_Junkie
WDA Member
WDA Member
Eco_Junkie

Waifu : EcoJunkie

PostSubject: Re: Shameful Confessions   Shameful Confessions EmptyFri Sep 16, 2011 10:53 am

me and my cousin once touched weiners....oh wait wrong confession D:

once thought this was pro...used to run it all the time

Shameful Confessions 300px-ManEaterBugDLD1-EN-C-UE
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: Shameful Confessions   Shameful Confessions EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 8:24 pm

Shameful Confessions 300px-VampireGenesisWCPP-EN-R-LE
'Nuff said, kids. 'Nuff said. That, and without Vampire Lord too.
Back to top Go down
Leo
WDA Member
WDA Member
Leo

Achievement Points : 3
Waifu : Leo

PostSubject: Re: Shameful Confessions   Shameful Confessions EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 9:12 pm

Shameful Confessions 17169_1M_Harpie_s_Brother

I always thought he look cool, and I would use him in ever deck I had eventually though I found out he didn't really count as one of the Harpie monsters.
Back to top Go down
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

Achievement Points : 58
Waifu : Prinzessin Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Shameful Confessions   Shameful Confessions EmptyTue Oct 11, 2011 10:08 pm

I always liked the tyrant neptune...his effect is pro but 2 tributes and the chance to get destroyed first turn is high
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Shameful Confessions   Shameful Confessions Empty

Back to top Go down

Shameful Confessions
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Dueling Academy :: Off-Topic :: Posting Games-
Jump to: