World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Dark Magician Lockdown

Go down 
+4
☆_Nemlim_☆
Silver
Nour Force
LionMistress
8 posters
AuthorMessage
LionMistress
WDA Member
WDA Member
LionMistress

Waifu : LionMistress

Dark Magician Lockdown Empty
PostSubject: Dark Magician Lockdown   Dark Magician Lockdown EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 12:46 am

Monsters - 16
3 – Dark Magician
2 – Summoner Monk
3 – Skilled Dark Magician
3 – Magician’s Valkyria
2 – Treeborn Frog
2 – Dark Magician Girl
1 – Dark Armed Dragon

Spells – 22
2 – Dark Magic Attack
2 – Mystical Space Typhoon
2 - Dark Magic Curtain
2 - Thousand Knife
1 – Monster Reborn
1 – Dark Hole
2 - Sage’s Stone
3 – Toon Table of Content
1 – Toon World
3 – Secret Village of the Spellcasters
1 – Book of Moon
2 - Ancient Rules

Trap – 3
3 - Royal Decree

Deck – 41 cards

Last edited by LionMistress on Thu Dec 15, 2011 4:06 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: Dark Magician Lockdown   Dark Magician Lockdown EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:13 am

What's with the Toon Tables & World? Srsly, you can just get rid of them and add some traps instead of royal decree .-.
[PS. Do not follow my deck advice that much or you will get in trouble]
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
LionMistress
WDA Member
WDA Member
LionMistress

PostSubject: Re: Dark Magician Lockdown   Dark Magician Lockdown EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:18 am

The toon turn table is for a strategy I have calculated my self that will work. I do not want the traps my plan is to lockdown my opponent all together since with royal decree the enemy will not be able to use any traps at all. Secret village aslong as I would have a spellcaster you cannot use any spell cards and also if I have two Valkrya on the field you cannot attack the only problem with the deck is really Monster effect the rest this deck counters it like there is nothing.

Toon turn of Table of content search for another and another and then toon world which if I have Skill Dark Magician I can get three counters on him and then bingo a dark magician.
Back to top Go down
Silver
Natura Wild-Boy
Natura Wild-Boy
Silver

Achievement Points : 38

PostSubject: Re: Dark Magician Lockdown   Dark Magician Lockdown EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:21 am

nour has u ever read skilled dark magic eff about each time a spell card is act u get 1 counter on this card??? ... has u ever saw a table of conten spell using spam???well now u get the idea eh?

i actually dont know why did u add treeborns cuz u have decree
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

PostSubject: Re: Dark Magician Lockdown   Dark Magician Lockdown EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:24 am

Oh, well in that case that's a very well planned out deck! Keep it up! But Silver's got a point. why treeborn frog? I mean, you have royal decrees and Secret villages...
And Silver, I know toon table spam. I just forgot about the counters thing, jeez I'm not an idiot I'm better than you.

Last edited by 99nour on Thu Dec 15, 2011 1:33 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
☆_Nemlim_☆
WDA Member
WDA Member
☆_Nemlim_☆

Achievement Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Dark Magician Lockdown   Dark Magician Lockdown EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:30 am

add prisma, remove treeborn.
then u can combo it with any dark magician's support.
Back to top Go down
LionMistress
WDA Member
WDA Member
LionMistress

PostSubject: Re: Dark Magician Lockdown   Dark Magician Lockdown EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 2:24 am

Treeborn is there for the summon of Dark Magician Girl to have a tribute that will be easier then trying to keep something alive in bad situations. How would I use Prisma if I do not plan on having any fusions? Prisma can only transform to a monster that u select with a fusion monster if you do not plan on adding any Fusion monsters its wortless. What did you want me to get with Prisma in a combo style?
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Dark Magician Lockdown   Dark Magician Lockdown EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 2:40 am

Prisma can get Dark Magician's name, meaning you can activate cards like dark magic attack, knight's title and thousand knives without having to summon a dark magician, while also it gets dark magician to the grave for access via reborn or boosting DMG. Simply have dark paladin in your extra to enable his effect, you dont actually have to have a way to summon it.

Also, while you need a last card to get with toon table, it doesnt have to be a spell card since you only need 3 counters and toon world can be very dead, so you can switch it with a toon gemini elf, which you can actually use (or 2 if you are worried about drawing it).

If you want the spell counters consider upstart goblin or gold sarcophagus since you are attempting to create a lockdown meaning certain combo pieces are welcome.

You are already running 3 royal decrees, 3 msts are overkill, I'd recomend one with those conditions, maybe 2 since I just saw you dont have heavy storm (this part was edited).

However when it comes to rp rules you will have issues with either treeborn frog in your deck or prisma, because of the deckbuilding restrictions, unless you manage to make a hybrid or it passes as a searcher of sorts since it kinda supports, but then armageddon would pass as one as well which is unlikely.
Back to top Go down
LionMistress
WDA Member
WDA Member
LionMistress

PostSubject: Re: Dark Magician Lockdown   Dark Magician Lockdown EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 3:05 am

I guess I could remove Treeborn and switch in Black Dark Armed (Standard in any dark deck which this deck is almost all dark Attributed.) the secondfor Anciant Rule Spell Card (I just saw it after it lets you special summon one level 5 or higher normal monster so if I have dark magician in hand i can use it. Also replace one of the dark curtain aswell I will update the changes right now so people can see what the deck looks like at the moment. I also forgot to say I removed Heavy Storm cause it his both side of the field but Dark Magic Attack is a Heavy storm but only on the enemies side of the field that kinda sounds better to me anyway so why would you want to risk having your own field destroyed.
Back to top Go down
f012131den
WDA Member
WDA Member
f012131den

Waifu : f012131den

PostSubject: Re: Dark Magician Lockdown   Dark Magician Lockdown EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 4:54 am

I've tried this deck . It's not work so well with many deck i've fought and always lose. Bad hand is the problem .

Its often to get dm drawed 2 or three . and The worst is if All card drawed are magic
Back to top Go down
LionMistress
WDA Member
WDA Member
LionMistress

PostSubject: Re: Dark Magician Lockdown   Dark Magician Lockdown EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 5:56 am

That is why Summoner monk is in the deck if you draw him those spells can search for level four monsters that was in your deck and special summon them which will be one of the best possible things to do. If you do not yes you will lose but that is the built of it. Anotehr thing there is alot of decks out there that have problems of not drawing monsters and has 25 monsters so it is the luck of the draw for any deck in that way.

Thank you for trying do I need advice either way but I am just saying your comment is to discouraage me of using the deck all together.
Back to top Go down
f012131den
WDA Member
WDA Member
f012131den

PostSubject: Re: Dark Magician Lockdown   Dark Magician Lockdown EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 12:56 pm

I'm not trying to discourage you. Sorry if you feel that way .

the way I"m saying is you need a draw engine , like allure of darkness etc .
and maybe a traps for protection to dark magician , royal decree is not enough for lockdown the enemy trap. Effect of the monster or spell will easily breakdown you dm combo .
Back to top Go down
Seluna
WDA Member
WDA Member
Seluna

Waifu : Luna

PostSubject: Re: Dark Magician Lockdown   Dark Magician Lockdown EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 1:02 pm

im kind of supporting allure of darkness in this build. the knights title and DM knight seem a little out there for what you want to acomplish. maybe -2 title -1 knight for +1 allure and +2 magical stone excavation? eh i dont like your lack of monsters to be honest so maybe even take out 2 thousand knives for 2 royal magical library (tech) or whatever other monster ud prefer?
Back to top Go down
LionMistress
WDA Member
WDA Member
LionMistress

PostSubject: Re: Dark Magician Lockdown   Dark Magician Lockdown EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 4:04 pm

I like treeborn to be honnest for DarkMAgician girl and some of the suggestions make me want to cry like Royal Decree cant be destroy by spell if you have the fieldspell. I am thinking of removing knight and the two cardsthat help it for two treeborn and a Dark Magic Curtain and also remove one Mystical Space Typhoon to make the deck 40 cards or maybe allure mind u it is tricky in this deck with so many spells you do not want them gone. I might Book of moon instead please continue your comments it is helping as you can see.
Back to top Go down
f012131den
WDA Member
WDA Member
f012131den

PostSubject: Re: Dark Magician Lockdown   Dark Magician Lockdown EmptyThu Dec 15, 2011 7:04 pm

Just continue your duel and keep trying .
you could judge wether cards are needed or not .
People have their own playing-stlye so keep trying and you'll find the best composition to this deck.

Honestly , I really like dark magician . But I couldn't find a best composition to beat a crazy speed metadeck like dw (grapha suck !! ) , inzecter (hard to deal with hornet), exceed ( damn rabbit !! ) , or agent ( broken hyperion ) .

The best thing to think is how to make speed summoning to DM , and avoid the bad hand .

Good luck !!
Back to top Go down
Seluna
WDA Member
WDA Member
Seluna

Waifu : Luna

PostSubject: Re: Dark Magician Lockdown   Dark Magician Lockdown EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 5:52 pm

personally i think if you are going for a pure lockdown you shouldnt rely on these cards. you might try a divine grace northwemko or however you spell it build. its a ritual monster and if you use the djinn cards to make her invulnerable then you would have more consistancy at getting the actual lock in place. the village only stops them if you have a spellcaster and they dont. by getting out northwemko you can have a 2700 i believe with if you used djinns an almost invulnerable creature. djinns make a ritual monster extremely powerful by protecting them. now if you do this she is also spellcaster so she works with the village and she can almost always take down any other spellcaster due to her djinn abilities (or mage power). one djinn even stops you opponent rom special summoning so they cant summon a hyper librarian or anything like that. the idea then is to keep her on the field the entire duel which if you do it right is very easy.
examples:
northwemko = specaster (secret village works)
if summoned by djinns (impervious to traps and/or special summon blocker)
royal decree (stops traps and MST will be useless if secret village lock is in play)
Back to top Go down
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

Achievement Points : 58
Waifu : Prinzessin Kitty

PostSubject: Re: Dark Magician Lockdown   Dark Magician Lockdown EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 9:21 pm

No reason to run treeborn frog if u use decree and field spell cards lol
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

PostSubject: Re: Dark Magician Lockdown   Dark Magician Lockdown EmptyFri Dec 16, 2011 9:44 pm

She sorta editted that when we spammed about it first page, so your a little late! XD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Dark Magician Lockdown   Dark Magician Lockdown Empty

Back to top Go down

Dark Magician Lockdown
Page 1 of 1