World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge

Go down 
+4
Dragonclaw
Unknown
Nour Force
J.J. Knight
8 posters
AuthorMessage
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge Empty
PostSubject: J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge   J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 7:32 pm

Lately, I've been getting into the itch for playing Pokemon. It's one of those guilty pleasures that simply won't go away.

However, ever since the second generation came out, I've played the game with a certain set of rules to make the game more challenging. What's this challenge, you ask? Its called Type Training.

Type Training is specializing with one certain type; meaning you can only go through the game with Pokemon of a certain type. For example, Fire Type Training is using Pokemon who are only primary or secondary Fire Types.

As I've played throughout the generations, I've added more rules to make the game more 'challenging'. Here's the rules that I play by:

1. Pick a type and stick with it- After you've decided on your type, there's no going back. You must stick with that type throughout the game until you've defeated the Champion at the very least. Obviously, Pokemon types such as Ghost, Dark, Dragon, and Steel do not appear until much later in the game. So unless you have an AR, I suggest staying away from these types.

2. You are only allowed 6 main Pokemon and two HMers- This one is pretty self explanitory. You are allowed one full party of Pokemon and one or two Pokemon used for HMs to help you go through the map; obviously for stuff like Surf, Fly, Waterfall, etc. Use Pokemon like Wailord or Linoone as HMers to help you navigate the map, but are not used in Pokemon battles.

3. You are not allowed to have duplicates- This means you are not allowed to have two of the same Pokemon. No having two Snorlax or Blastoise on your team.

4. No Legendary, Trades, or Eggs- This means you can only use Pokemon you CATCH in the wild or receive as gifts. No trading (except to evolve Pokemon like Gengar), no breeding, and no use of Legendary Pokemon.

5. Pokeballs only- Self explanatory. No Great, Ultra, Master, or any other type of balls. This is to increase difficulty.

6. Release fainted Pokemon (Optional)- One aspect that I've been considering is releasing the fainted Pokemon as if it died. In that case, if a Pokemon were to 'die', a slot will open up for your team and you'd be allowed to retain a new Pokemon to fill in the gap. I haven't tested it out yet, so it's still only a concept.

Now, what are you allowed to use for starters? Here is a list of Pokemon I typically use for each type when I begin Type Training:

Bug: Caterpie, Weedle, Ledyba, Spinarak, Wurmple, Kricketot, Sweedle, Venipede

Dark: Umbreon, Murkrow, Sneasel, Houndour, Poochyena, Stunky, Purrloin, Zorua

Dragon: Dratini, Bagon, Gible, Axew, Deino

Electric: Pikachu, Blitzle

Fighting: Mankey, Machop, Tyrouge, Riolu, Timbur

Fire: Charmander, Cyndaquil, Torchic, Chimchar, Tepig

Flying: None

Ghost: Ghastly, Misdreavus, Shuppet, Duskull, Rotom, Yamask,

Grass: Bulbasaur, Chikorita, Treeko, Turtwig, Snivy

Ground: Sandshrew, Cubone, Phanpy, Trapinch, Hippopotas, Drilbur, Sandile

Ice: Swinub, Spheal, Snover, Cubchoo

Normal: Rattata, Clefairy, Jigglypuff, Zigzagoon, Slakoth, Bidoof, Patrat, Lillipup, Minccino

Poison: Ekans, Nidoran, Zubat, Koffing, Gulpin, Croagunk, Trubbish

Psychic: Abra, Slowpoke, Natu, Ralts, Munna, Gothita, Solosis

Rock: Kabuto, Omanyte, Anorith, Lileep, Sheildon, Cranidos, Tirtouga, Archen

Steel: Magnemite, Aron, Beldum, Klink

Water: Squirtle, Totodile, Mudkip, Piplup, Oshawott

Now, the reason why I don't ever do Flying Type Training is because Flying is 99.9% secondary typing so I basically leave that one alone. These obviously work for nearly all generations, but in the earlier generations, you'd be stuck with Fire, Water, and Grass.

Anyway, I hope you find this a challenge. Ta ta.
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge   J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge EmptyWed Jan 18, 2012 9:03 pm

I beg your pardon?
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge   J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 2:39 am

I was up late last night. Don't judge me.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

PostSubject: Re: J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge   J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 8:06 am

Interesting challenge J.J. Maybe I'll pick up my old Pokemon Diamond game and try this. How did this work out for you?
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge   J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 8:31 am

I did twelve type trains in every generation. Here's an example of my Fire, Grass, and Water team from Kanto:

Ninetales, Rapidash, Flareon, Magmar, Arcanine, Charizard

Kingler, Tentacruel, Vaporeon, Poliwhirl (later Politoad), Gyrados, Blastoise

Parasect, Tangela (later Tangrowth), Vileplume, Victreebel, Exeggutor, Venusaur.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge   J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:01 am

But my question here is how did it work out? How was it beating the gym leaders and Elite Four?
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge   J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:04 am

Ah.

I crushed them, as always. Of course it's harder, but you deal with it. For example, I'd teach my Pokemon certain moves to help them deal with other types.

For Ninetales, I'd teach it Energy Ball. Arcanine, Wild Charge. Charizard, Focus Blast.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge   J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:14 am

Very interesting. Maybe I'll try this sometime. Thanks for introducing me to this. smile
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge   J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 9:26 am

No problem.
Back to top Go down
Dragonclaw
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dragonclaw

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Dragonpuff

PostSubject: Re: J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge   J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 1:38 pm

Tried it on Diamond. Made a whole water team. I made it to the Grass Gym Leader, Gardina. That's where my pokemon died. They couldn't stand a chance. -_-
Back to top Go down
Eco_Junkie
WDA Member
WDA Member
Eco_Junkie

Waifu : EcoJunkie

PostSubject: Re: J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge   J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 1:45 pm

Dragonclaw wrote:
Tried it on Diamond. Made a whole water team. I made it to the Grass Gym Leader, Gardina. That's where my pokemon died. They couldn't stand a chance. -_-

ice beam should do the trick
Back to top Go down
Dragonclaw
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dragonclaw

Waifu : Dragonpuff

PostSubject: Re: J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge   J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 1:46 pm

Couldn't get it out fast enough.
Back to top Go down
Destined777
Mirage Knight
Mirage Knight
Destined777

Achievement Points : 52
Waifu : Shido_Fuyuki

PostSubject: Re: J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge   J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 4:21 pm

Am I the only one who thought this was a topic for typing on your keyboard? xD {I honestly did}
Anyway this is a pretty cool challenge, I particularly like the release fainted pokemon it's seems hard but sounds pretty cool. I may try it. smile
Back to top Go down
Neku Sakuraba
Young Fiend
 Young Fiend
Neku Sakuraba

Achievement Points : 15
Waifu : Neku Sakuraba

PostSubject: Re: J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge   J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge EmptyThu Jan 19, 2012 6:22 pm

this is an interesting challenge,there is a fan-made game where this challenge would be awesome,since the battles are in real time,like those in pokemon scramble,i would like to see ppl here try that challenge on that game, sadly,its all on spanish,problem unless youre of those ppl that explore like if there is no tomorrow,if anyone interested on that game,pm me to send it to you
Back to top Go down
Red
WDA Member
WDA Member
Red

Waifu : fireraven23

PostSubject: Re: J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge   J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 2:09 am

Would we be allowed to use pokemon with no weaknesses? If so, I definatley know what type I'm choosing.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

PostSubject: Re: J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge   J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 8:15 am

Spiritomb. Am I right? I believe Sableye also has no weakness. There's another pokemon in Black and White that has no weakness too I think.
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

PostSubject: Re: J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge   J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge EmptyFri Jan 20, 2012 9:57 am

Red wrote:
Would we be allowed to use pokemon with no weaknesses? If so, I definatley know what type I'm choosing.

Rule 3.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge   J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge Empty

Back to top Go down

J. J. Knight's Type Training Challenge
Page 1 of 1