World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Greed is BAD!! (Greed deck )

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Slasher9485
WDA Member
WDA Member
Slasher9485

Greed is BAD!! (Greed deck ) Empty
PostSubject: Greed is BAD!! (Greed deck )   Greed is BAD!! (Greed deck ) EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 2:04 pm

Quite possibly one of the most devilish decks I made yet. This type of deck is as ancient as it can get, so I'll explain what a greed deck is all about. A Greed deck is based around the card "Greed", a continuous trap card that inflicts 500 points of damage every time your opponet draws a card from an effect (he/she will take the damage during the end phase). So this deck is all about having your opponent draw as much as possible and slowly (or if you can in this deck, OTK) drain your opponents life points. But if you can't drain your opponents life points in time, you can at least mill your opponents deck. So this deck is all about stalling your opponent as Greed does all the damage. So heres the deck

Monsters:

A Cat of Ill Omen 2x (Search for greed or other traps)
Des Feral Imp 2x (Get back any cards that can be useful)
Des Koala (Since your opponent will be drawing a bunch of cards, Des Koala can end up causing a TON of damage when used at the right moment)
Destiny Hero-Defender 3x (Great defense, and helps with Greed's effect)
Hiro's Shadow Scout 3x (Has your opponent draw 3 cards and then discard any spell cards they drew. Very good for inflicting damage with Greed, and getting rid of spells that could ruin completely ruin you)
Mask of Darkness (to get back Greed from the grave)
Morphing Jar (Very risky card since Greed effects yourself as well. Good way to get a good hand, but both you and your opponent will take 2500. Can help save you, but it still risky)
Neo-spacian Glow Moss (Hard to kill, and helps with Greed's effect)
Spear Cretin (get back a useful flip effect monster)
Spirit Reaper (stall out your opponent)

Spells:

Book of Eclipse 3x (Helps stop attcks and works incredibly well with Greed and decks nowadays)
Book of Moon (Reuse flip effects and help stop attacks)
Hand Destruction (Simple way to inflict damage and draw some cards. Can't overuse too much because it inflicts damage to yourself as well)
Swords of Revealing Light 2x (Stalling, Stalling and more Stalling)

Traps:

Dark Bribe 2x (Negate spell and traps, plus inflict damage with Greed)
Disturbance Strategy 2x (A potential OTK card once your opponent has drawn enough cards)
Gravity Bind 2x (Stop your opponent from attacking)
Greed 3x (Needed for this deck. Explained in the paragraph above)
Magic Cylinder (To pile on more damage)
Mirror Force (Destroy monsters that can be a potential threat)
The Gift of Greed 3x (Your opponent draws 2 cards. With Greed, it will have your opponent take an instant 1000)
Waboku (Helps...you guessed it...STALL some more!)

Side Deck:
Secret Barrel (Inflicts more damage, still inferior to des koala)
Dark World Dealings 2x (Easier to use than hand destrucction, but inflicts less damage)
Bistro butcher 2x and Chainsaw insect 2x (When you want to take on the offensive and still utilize Greed's effect)
Botomless Trap Hole (Can get rid of a potential threat)
Black Horn of Heaven 2x (Negate special summons that can demolish your team)
Dark Bribe (in case I need a spare one)
Neo Aqua Madoor 2x (Very powerful wall and easy to get out because it's a normal monster)
Ancient Rules (Helps get Neo Aqua Madoor out faster)

So this is it. Leave any suggestions to improve my deck down below, and thanks for reading this post.
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Slasher9485
rjuto
WDA Staff
 WDA Staff
rjuto

Achievement Points : 28

PostSubject: Re: Greed is BAD!! (Greed deck )   Greed is BAD!! (Greed deck ) EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 2:08 pm

[sarcasm]omgz it's so....so....SO....DEVILISH.

Greed is BAD!! (Greed deck ) Gato-susto-asustado1[/sarcasm]
Back to top Go down
Slasher9485
WDA Member
WDA Member
Slasher9485

PostSubject: Re: Greed is BAD!! (Greed deck )   Greed is BAD!! (Greed deck ) EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 7:04 pm

I know that "devilish" may not be the best word to have used, but it's definatly one of the most unique decks I made. Since now you ussually see dualist try to special summon and synchro summon as much as possible to swarm and kill your opponent, people wouldn't expect a deck like this at all. Besides a greed deck is actually very underated, I used this deck online and battled a bunch of people and the only deck that was able to beat me was a Dark World deck, and thats understandable. So if you want to give some pointers, please go ahead, I'm open to all peoples opinions. (P.S. love your avatar. Send my regards to the apple family for me).
Back to top Go down
https://www.youtube.com/user/Slasher9485
The Cynical Duelist
WDA Member
WDA Member
The Cynical Duelist

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : The Cynical Duelist

PostSubject: Re: Greed is BAD!! (Greed deck )   Greed is BAD!! (Greed deck ) EmptySun Feb 12, 2012 11:40 pm

Its nice to see this forum creating Unique and innovative decks again. Rather then just using meta decks. Therefore you get the cynical seal of approval :3

Back to top Go down
http://thecynicalduelist.blogspot.com
Dr. Chuckles
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dr. Chuckles

Waifu : Dr. Chuckles

PostSubject: Re: Greed is BAD!! (Greed deck )   Greed is BAD!! (Greed deck ) EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 3:52 am

i like it, i've made one similar to it before but mine ran the nasty traps null and void and magical thorn as well. nice thing you've manged though, great job being creative, but the biggest question is does it work?
Back to top Go down
TheMole
WDA Member
WDA Member
TheMole

Waifu : Themole

PostSubject: Re: Greed is BAD!! (Greed deck )   Greed is BAD!! (Greed deck ) EmptyMon Feb 13, 2012 4:29 am

Remembers about a year ago a friend off mine and Cynicals used the null and void deck dam that was annoying glad to see the idea off greed and devilish play still being used =D
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Greed is BAD!! (Greed deck )   Greed is BAD!! (Greed deck ) Empty

Back to top Go down

Greed is BAD!! (Greed deck )
Page 1 of 1