World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How is something made...fun?

Go down 
+4
Neku Sakuraba
Dr. Chuckles
D JR
Gusto Emissary
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Gusto Emissary
WDA Member
WDA Member
Gusto Emissary

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Darkmega500

How is something made...fun? Empty
PostSubject: How is something made...fun?   How is something made...fun? EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 2:00 pm

Ok so here's the scenario:

A friend and I are just talking, and this topic comes up, how he makes everything kinda competitive. To prove that he can accomplish something (He fails a lot sadly). So I ask him why not make things competitive and fun at the same. And there's the question.

So how is it that something is made "fun"? I don't know how to answer this question myself so maybe you guys can help me. What do you think it means to make something fun?
Back to top Go down
D JR
Key Mace
 Key Mace
D JR

Achievement Points : 22
Waifu : D-JR

PostSubject: Re: How is something made...fun?   How is something made...fun? EmptyWed Mar 28, 2012 7:07 pm

The same on how you make something competitive.
(Ya'll are throwing rocks randomly.)
Competitive way:
Hey! I think I can throw this rock further than you can.
-Okay Challenge!

Fun way:
Hey! Let's hit this tree with these rocks.

Both ways:
Hey! Let's see who can hit that stop sign that is waaaay out there first to hit it WINS!

Basically the both of you can enjoy the 'fun' part.
Back to top Go down
Dr. Chuckles
WDA Member
WDA Member
Dr. Chuckles

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Dr. Chuckles

PostSubject: Re: How is something made...fun?   How is something made...fun? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:28 am

fun is something that you can't really discribe you and your friend would end up having a common goal like in djr's example that gives you both something to do and isn't boring, therefore it's fun. same applies here, how does the academy stay active and continue to put out new fun things, we must not only appeal to the competitive spirits of our members but also to that side of them that just wants something fun or entertaining to do for the time being.
Back to top Go down
Neku Sakuraba
Young Fiend
 Young Fiend
Neku Sakuraba

Achievement Points : 15
Waifu : Neku Sakuraba

PostSubject: Re: How is something made...fun?   How is something made...fun? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 12:36 am

yeah,basically,to have fun is to enjoy something no matter what the outcome is (talking bout a challenge,for example)

...(still waiting for someone to post the F.U.N. song from spongebob)
Back to top Go down
Silver
Natura Wild-Boy
Natura Wild-Boy
Silver

Achievement Points : 38

PostSubject: Re: How is something made...fun?   How is something made...fun? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 2:00 am

I am "Fun" and I am "Competitive" How am i made like that?? Ask god.
Back to top Go down
AsianShadow
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianShadow

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ProdigyShadow

PostSubject: Re: How is something made...fun?   How is something made...fun? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 8:33 am

Fis forfriends who do stuff together
U is for you and me
N is for anywhere at anytime at all down here in this yGO Forum
I got you Neku dont worry lol
but I think it is possible to be fun and cmpetitive at the same time like what DJR said.
Back to top Go down
Legendaryfrost
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Legendaryfrost

Waifu : LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: How is something made...fun?   How is something made...fun? EmptyThu Mar 29, 2012 2:33 pm

It's only fun when you enjoy using it all the time.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Waifu : Meheheh

PostSubject: Re: How is something made...fun?   How is something made...fun? EmptyFri Mar 30, 2012 7:16 am

Basically the terms fun and competitive have a tendency to be complete antinomies.

The term fun requires that both of you have fun and usually you do, however when you say competitive you mean playing to win and often a game will only be fun if you complete, or get close to completing, your goals.

Unfortunately your goal in a competitive game is to win, which cannot happen for everybody.

Now this usually won't be a problem if the game is evenly matched, both will come close but one will steal it and the other will have had fun.

However, in order to get closer and closer you have to get better and better. When you get better and better quickly, people who get better at a slower rate will do worse. This will steadily make it less fun for them.

So really the only way to make things fun would be to heavily reduce the skill factor, and make it very random. Although this can make things boring since it usually lacks much of an aim
E.g. Throw a dice, whoever gets the highest number wins

it can be fun if you have lots of chances, such as in card games, which is why that form of entertainment hasn't died along with pushing hoops down a road with a stick.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How is something made...fun?   How is something made...fun? Empty

Back to top Go down

How is something made...fun?
Page 1 of 1