World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

New Banner - Another Shot

Go down 
+7
Bakura Normal
Nour Force
Minako
Al-Bhed
Fish
Supasmash
Kimo Force
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

New Banner - Another Shot Empty
PostSubject: New Banner - Another Shot   New Banner - Another Shot EmptyWed May 30, 2012 7:34 am

New Banner - Another Shot WorldDuelingAcademy7
What do you guys make of it?
Back to top Go down
Supasmash
WDA Member
WDA Member
Supasmash

Achievement Points : 7

PostSubject: Re: New Banner - Another Shot   New Banner - Another Shot EmptyWed May 30, 2012 7:43 am

I like it a lot. :\ that's all I have to say I suppose.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Meheheh

PostSubject: Re: New Banner - Another Shot   New Banner - Another Shot EmptyWed May 30, 2012 7:00 pm

Top right hand corner looks a bit bare, since the bottom left and bottom right both have random C4Ds in it, but it looks pretty damn amazing anyway.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: New Banner - Another Shot   New Banner - Another Shot EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:07 pm

Even though I am not up for dark themes, kalut is surprisingly colourful. I like it so I am putting it up. If anyone thinks the current one is better we are willing to discuss of course, but that's unlikely I guess.
Back to top Go down
Minako
WDA Member
WDA Member
Minako

Achievement Points : 6
Waifu : Minako

PostSubject: Re: New Banner - Another Shot   New Banner - Another Shot EmptyWed May 30, 2012 11:49 pm

Beautiful work as always, Kimo. Have I told you that I love you lately?
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: New Banner - Another Shot   New Banner - Another Shot EmptyThu May 31, 2012 12:18 am

Love your works, Kimo!
Oh, is it just me, or should the text be sorta bigger?
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

PostSubject: Re: New Banner - Another Shot   New Banner - Another Shot EmptyThu May 31, 2012 12:45 am

I quite like the text. Fits in. Kalut isn't so big.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: New Banner - Another Shot   New Banner - Another Shot EmptyThu May 31, 2012 12:48 am

99nour wrote:
Love your works, Kimo!
Oh, is it just me, or should the text be sorta bigger?
It's ok, even if they don't read it they'll probably get they are in WDA.
Back to top Go down
Bakura Normal
Fangless Vampire
 Fangless Vampire
Bakura Normal

Achievement Points : 12
Waifu : Bakura normal

PostSubject: Re: New Banner - Another Shot   New Banner - Another Shot EmptyThu May 31, 2012 1:17 am

You've done much better imo. I really don't see much in it, some effects arn't needed and are making it messy imo, the right hand corner has many things which could be removed. The lighting isn't what I expect from someone of your caliber either. I do like the color scheme though.

To sum it up this is something I'd expect from unknown or AsianShadow, it's not terrible but it's not brilliant.
Back to top Go down
Legendaryfrost
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Legendaryfrost

Waifu : LegendaryFrost

PostSubject: Re: New Banner - Another Shot   New Banner - Another Shot EmptyThu May 31, 2012 2:05 am

That was.......a very harsh analysis. The work is not as great as your other ones Kimo but is good nonetheless, though I do understand why it turned out like this(after u told me in the chat). Good job either way.
Back to top Go down
Bakura Normal
Fangless Vampire
 Fangless Vampire
Bakura Normal

PostSubject: Re: New Banner - Another Shot   New Banner - Another Shot EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:28 am

Frost, kimo is ranked as the best GFX'er in wda, he will know by now that this calls for his works to be criticed more because we expect more from him, at first I just saw the pic I thought it was unknown posting not kimo. Sorry if it sounds harsh but I beilieve kimo let himself down.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

PostSubject: Re: New Banner - Another Shot   New Banner - Another Shot EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:32 am

All constructive criticism possible should be given to everybody, so that everybody can improve the most. Not just the best people.
Back to top Go down
Bakura Normal
Fangless Vampire
 Fangless Vampire
Bakura Normal

PostSubject: Re: New Banner - Another Shot   New Banner - Another Shot EmptyThu May 31, 2012 3:48 am

I give critisism based on the level, I would not ask lupe to do something the level of nour , nor would I tell nour to do something better than dex or kimo. Kimo's level is higher therefore I will expect more.
Back to top Go down
Lupe
WDA Member
WDA Member
Lupe

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Retired

PostSubject: Re: New Banner - Another Shot   New Banner - Another Shot EmptyThu May 31, 2012 5:47 am

Alucard Knight wrote:
I, I would not ask lupe to do something the level of nour.
Dang-it Alucard stop spoiling my secret project.
Back to top Go down
Minako
WDA Member
WDA Member
Minako

Achievement Points : 6
Waifu : Minako

PostSubject: Re: New Banner - Another Shot   New Banner - Another Shot EmptyThu May 31, 2012 6:24 am

Since you're forcing the issue, Baku. I think this work is far better than anything you or any of the rest of the gfxers can produce. Is it his best work? I couldn't say. I don't have an eye for that. However it's better than anything the rest of you can do. Don't act like it's trash because it's still great.
Back to top Go down
Bakura Normal
Fangless Vampire
 Fangless Vampire
Bakura Normal

PostSubject: Re: New Banner - Another Shot   New Banner - Another Shot EmptyThu May 31, 2012 6:48 am

Minako last I checked I never said it was trash, I never said it was bad, all I said is it was the level of something unknown would do , last I checked unknown was actually pretty intermidiate level in GFX. Last I checked I was also the GFX leader here so technically shouldn't I know more about this than YOU?

This banner shows sign of bad lighting with random dark and light spots that shouldn't be there, some parts have bad flow, depth isn't extrodinary and I got to admit the text isn't that good either. It has good point E.G the color scheme and the blending is good aswell.

But the c4d work looks ...... Kimo can do better, trust me.

Don't go around saying kimo can do much better than us in the gfx department minako, because that proves nothing what so ever, yes kimo is the best GFX'er here, but this doesn't prove it at all. The people of the MoC may not be able to do something as good as kimo's works , but I bet they could do something a damn sight better than this. The work isn't great, not bad , but not great. I even said this to kimo on the chatbox the other day and he didn't respond like you did. He knew he can do better, it's probably rust since he hasn't gfx'd in a while, I'm not taking anything away from kimo's skill, he's still the best here, but his banner isn't that great.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

PostSubject: Re: New Banner - Another Shot   New Banner - Another Shot EmptyThu May 31, 2012 8:19 am

Not sure if I just got insulted or complimented....New Banner - Another Shot 2031708380

It's true though. Kimo you're awesome, but you've done better. Can't blame you that much since you've been hard at works with exams. Still, I love it because it's a Blackwing. :D
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: New Banner - Another Shot   New Banner - Another Shot EmptyThu May 31, 2012 8:25 am

Unknown wrote:
Still, I love it because it's a Blackwing. :D
New Banner - Another Shot Yes_man
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

PostSubject: Re: New Banner - Another Shot   New Banner - Another Shot EmptyThu May 31, 2012 8:42 am

Bird pride, bro! New Banner - Another Shot 3938201006

Or was that sarcasm?
Back to top Go down
AsianShadow
WDA Member
WDA Member
AsianShadow

Achievement Points : 13
Waifu : ProdigyShadow

PostSubject: Re: New Banner - Another Shot   New Banner - Another Shot EmptyThu May 31, 2012 9:30 am

Weird olor schemes,and like every1 said,you have done better Kimo.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Banner - Another Shot   New Banner - Another Shot Empty

Back to top Go down

New Banner - Another Shot
Page 1 of 1