World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Constellar 4

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

Constellar 4 Empty
PostSubject: Constellar 4   Constellar 4 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 4:47 am

Image:

Decklist:

Let's get this out of the way, Xyz summoning at -1 is bad competitivelly. Obviously it's bad here as well, the quality of the xyz monsters does not make it right. I should be summoning them at +1, not -1. Wind-ups can. All that makes this a mediocre deck. Perhaps it will someday find its way to the additions of Al-Bhed's Attic. Regardless, let's go ahead with what it is.

With the release of Constellar Sombres, now the level 4 gang can make a deck. That means you can make a deck where every monster works with any other (save from Schet with another copy of itself, or Kaust with another copy of itself) giving you high consistency with live Xyz options, since 3/5 monsters double summon, 1 can be special summoned and only 1 needs extra support, while it offers a different kind of support itself. At the same time ROTA raises your Pollux count from 3 to 4 (not that much needed though in this) while the 2 Tenkis can give you higher consistency for Kaust, which is a core card you want to have for the different xyz options.

Going through the monsters. Pollux and Algiedi have a very similar function in this build, a double summon triggered by their own normal summon. The difference is in that Pollux gives the extra normal summon while Algiedi gives a special summon. While Pollux allows you to trigger Normal summon effects, Algiedi's effect will work even after the extra normal summon, unlike two pollux or a pollux and a sombres, as extra normal summons don't stack.

Kaust can increase or decrease the level of a Constellar by one, and that can be done twice per turn, allowing him to go to rank 3 or 5 in addition to 4 when combined with any other level 4. It is the only one which does not help you double summon though, but still it has a core ability when considering the xyz options.

Schet can be special summoned if you do not control monsters and your opponent does. It is at level 1 but it can match the level of another constellar to make that xyz summon every time. That means it can go for level 4 with any other level 4 constellar, but it also means you can use the effect of Kaust up to twice on itself before using the effect of Schet, allowing you to go from rank 2 all the way to rank 6 in Xyz. Unfortunatelly, that is all limited to Constellar Xyz monsters (so no rank 2 I guess), but that is not much of an issue considering their xyz options.

Sombres is the last guy to join the party. He has a +1 ability, given the settup, which is very welcome in the theme. By banishing a Constellar from your graveyard you can add a constellar from your graveyard to your hand. With its second effect, it allows for the second normal summon similarly to Pollux. With its third effect, when it is sent to the graveyard (in any way, even as an Xyz material or from the deck), you can tribute summon 1 Constellar with 1 less tributes. We won't be using the last effect in this level 4 gang deck.

Constellar Chart is there because under these circumstances you have a chance to be xyz'ing at any turn. Whether it is worth it, even at 2, I'll find out if I play the deck, but it may be making up for the fact xyz summons happen at -1.

Constellar Super-Rebirth allows you to add 2 Constellars from your graveyard to your hand, but you cannot conduct your battle phase during that turn. This allows you to finally be able to make those Xyz summons at 141 at least, giving you some space to breathe. 3 however may be too much.

With LIGHT double summons at level 4 and super-rebirth reminscent of recycling batteries, this looks like a thunder family deck. In fact it doesn't look as good considering they lack the +1 of thunder seahorse, as well as the recycling of Sisthunder which turns those xyz summons into 141 almost every time. They do seem to at least match in a way if you say sombres is sis and rebirth is batteries, but that's as far as it goes, and it's not like thunder family is anything like an awesome deck, as mr. Werner would confirm. And not only that but Thunder family can also make use of a big part of the constellar xyz lineup, which is its main strength.

Their differences are in many places though. Constellars have a very high number of members and thus more options. Even in this deck, they have 4 monster cards that allow a double summon situation, increasing consistency of the strategy, while they have 2 search cards without direct restrictions.

Their members in this deck have respectable attacks, if you exclude the level 1 schet, which actually has 1600 DEF, its other monsters are at 1550, 1600, 1700 and 1800 in ATK, while with Tenki, Kaust reaches 1900, which is a good attack to have.

But the stellar part of a constellar deck is in its Xyz (I really have to stop making bad puns today). Yes, thunder family can access many of them, but this deck can not only access the constellar exclusive Beehive, but also it can go to rank 3 for Hyades if need be, rank 5 for Pleiades as its main boss monster, and even directly into rank 6 for Ptolemys, going for its effect in the turn it is summoned.

Let's go through them one by one.

Hyades is more or less a gimmick which can be used if the need presents itself. However it is not as simple as just turning them to defense with a weak monster. It can get over most things like that simply because not many monsters have a defence of at least 2700 to resist the attack of a Hyades that used its effect and upgraded into Ptolemys.

Constellar Beehive can not only run over anything your opponent has with 3400 ATK, but it can also make anything else you have run over most things with the 1k boost, and that is during either player's turn, protecting settups. It is not however to be compared to Honest or Kalut as some people do. The whole point of those cards is that they are hidden, while you obviously know Beehive is coming.

Constellar Omega is as good as ever, and then some more since its protection effect extends to most monster cards you have, making a neutralizing a potential mirror force for example.

Constellar Pleiades is your boss monster as it was mentioned, and will rightfully annoy many people. It's not just the ability to bounce any card. It is the fact it is a spell speed 2 chainable effect, giving it the ability to kill most plays an opponent will try to make. Brionac was a synchro/xyz slayer, and pleiades takes it one step further, being a chainable synchro/xyz slayer, with of course its downside being its hefty summoning conditions, which however are easily met in this deck.
It also works really well with Tenki. If you are going first for example, you probably don't have much you want to be bouncing from your opponent during your turn, so if when going first, you have Tenki + one of the 3 double summoning constellars (not schet), you can simply activate the Tenki, get Kaust, summon it with the other monster, increase their levels, go Pleiades and get back your own Tenki to use next turn for another Kaust, making your Xyz happen at 141.

Constellar Ptolemys Messier 7 is a machine of many things.
It can bounce monsters, making it an xyz/synchro slayer as well, it can recycle cards, making it a +1 and allowing you to continue Xyz'ing, and perhaps most notably, it can be summoned by overlaying any other Constellar Xyz monster, famous for its ability to make 2 LIGHT level 3 monsters into a 2700 beater with a great effect. Just the fact all your Constellar Xyz can instantly jump to 2700 makes Ptolemys worth using. Not to mention it allows you to laugh in the face of things like Fiendish Chain.
If Constellar ever became competitive it could also be your greatest enemy, giving you an extra fear of Mind Control turning your own monsters against you, but thankfully that won't happen anytime soon.
And yes there are gimmicks like resetting your opponent's graveyard settup or stuff like forcing an Avenger into the hand of an infernity player, but I won't go there.

I won't go into detail about Photoknight Paladius. It's good. It gives you a draw, it allows you to make a monster useless even if the attack does not go through, it's pretty must making your -1 xyz summon into a 141. Of course I shouldn't be considering things like that, and I don't. What happens after the Xyz is the Xyz's business in all these cases.

Volcasaurus + Gaia is a good game finishing combo, with Volcasaurus giving large burn damage to the opponent and Gaia allowing the attack to go through. Since the deck can go rank 5 it is a good thing to have around.

I'm considering Mind Control since Kaust can Xyz with whatever from levels 3 to 6 I get with it. I'm also considering Pot of Avarice since you can go with 2 monsters into a constellar xyz which can go into ptolemys which can go into Gaia for 5 monsters ready to hit the grave, but I have already 3 Sombres and 3 Super-Rebirths eating through the grave resources in a deck that doesn't really do anything like milling or great searching really, so I was hesitant.

And that's all. A level 4 constellar deck, without their level 3s (including their searcher, but they all work together here so you don't need to search for anything specific anyways) and without their tribute summons, despite of Sombre, because really that's all I'm comfortable with in constellars and I feel it has the best consistency and balance among the Constellar builds. Not really competitive, but I imagine a bit fun.

Deck profile done,
Al-Bhed out.
Back to top Go down
The_Nameless
WDA Member
WDA Member
The_Nameless

Achievement Points : 7
Waifu : The_Nameless

Constellar 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Constellar 4   Constellar 4 EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 6:44 am

I don't know if you want any comments, I'll just comment smile. I play 3 of the searcher, he's really good to set up also most of the time people will think you have Honest e.e. Also as far as traps, I only run 3 Compuls and the Solemns, it's enough. Maybe I'll add 2 Safe-Zones, to make Pleiades the overall boss. For the Mind Control: It's awesome run it! I wouldn't run the Level 3 Constellar, rather run any of those mentioned Level 4s they give you much more options. Then also gear up on Hand Traps, especially Maxx C cuz the deck needs to draw like crazy. Hmm, I guess that's it for now. :D
Back to top Go down

Constellar 4
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Dueling Academy :: Yu-Gi-Oh! :: YGO Talk :: Deck Dome :: Deck Showcase-
Jump to: