World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WDA's Pick-Your-Poison Tournament

Go down 
3 posters

Tournament choice
Highlander Tournament
WDA's Pick-Your-Poison Tournament I_vote_lcap30%WDA's Pick-Your-Poison Tournament I_vote_rcap
 30% [ 3 ]
Finish Him! Tournament
WDA's Pick-Your-Poison Tournament I_vote_lcap10%WDA's Pick-Your-Poison Tournament I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
OCG exclusive Tournament
WDA's Pick-Your-Poison Tournament I_vote_lcap0%WDA's Pick-Your-Poison Tournament I_vote_rcap
 0% [ 0 ]
Dusty Attic Tournament
WDA's Pick-Your-Poison Tournament I_vote_lcap50%WDA's Pick-Your-Poison Tournament I_vote_rcap
 50% [ 5 ]
No tournament
WDA's Pick-Your-Poison Tournament I_vote_lcap10%WDA's Pick-Your-Poison Tournament I_vote_rcap
 10% [ 1 ]
Total Votes : 10

AuthorMessage
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

WDA's Pick-Your-Poison Tournament Empty
PostSubject: WDA's Pick-Your-Poison Tournament   WDA's Pick-Your-Poison Tournament EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 8:45 pm

Since activity is as it is I can't exactly bet on hitting your tastes, so I'll put up the theme of the special tournament this time for vote.

1) Pick number 1 and you get a Highlander tournament. That means you cannot have 2 copies of a card in your deck. If you run 1 Bottomless Trap Hole already, you cannot run another. If you have 1 Elemental Hero Neos Alius in your deck, you cannot run another. If you have 1 Rescue Rabbit in your deck, you really need to get what I'm talking about here.

2) With choice 2 you get the "Finish Him!" tournament. In a "Finish Him!" tournament, you cannot reduce your opponent's life points to 0 by attacking with a monster. You will have to either use a burn effect, force him into inactivity with control until he decks out or trick him into attacking you.
Of course, due to the nature of the tournament, Instant Win, dedicated deckout strategies and dedicated burn strategies are not allowed. That means you can run 2 magic cylinders and marshmallons, but you cannot use something like a chain burn, or life equalizer burn, or in general a strategy which focuses on reducing your opponent's life points by burn alone.
Rules to make sure it runs properly will be added if it is implemented.

3) With choice 3 you get an OCG exclusive tournament. In this tournament you will have to use at least 7 cards in your main deck and at least 5 cards in your extra deck which are not yet released in the TCG. I know we've done OCG tournaments before, this one is here just to piss OCG haters off if you so choose *cough*L*cough*.

4) With choice 4 you get a self-promoting Dusty Attic tournament, in which you'll have to use decks from my Dusty Attic of Failures exactly as they appear here http://www.worldduelingacademy.com/t3634-al-s-dusty-attic-of-failures-1-e#45656 provided of course they have been adjusted to the banlist. In the off chance we get this choice, extra adjustments will be made.

5) With choice 5 you get no tournament. As a responsible member you state there is not enough activity for it and decide against holding a special tournament at this time.

The 6th choice will not be in the poll but it exists. The 6th choice is something you choose but there is a catch. Only 1 suggestion can be available at a time, no other suggestion can be gathering votes.
If you come and make a tournament suggestion, for another person to be able to make a suggestion, everyone will have to stop supporting yours, including you, and they will have to state so, otherwise no other new suggestion can be valid.
That is so we don't get a bunch of suggestions here were everyone is alone in his decision and we reach no collective decision in the end.
Due to all that, the 6th option will not be added in the poll, but you will have to post your latest vote for it, and the votes will be counted from posts.
If you vote for any other of the 5 options, please do not vote for the 6th one. If you do, make sure you mention what you voted for before.

Last edited by Al-Bhed on Thu Oct 25, 2012 12:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Minako
WDA Member
WDA Member
Minako

Achievement Points : 6
Waifu : Minako

PostSubject: Re: WDA's Pick-Your-Poison Tournament   WDA's Pick-Your-Poison Tournament EmptyWed Oct 24, 2012 11:46 pm

Highlander sounds awesome. That could be something we do all the time. It should be something most of our members would like to because all mainstream decks use multiples and lots of them. Let's do that. I wanna make a deck for that now. ^^
Back to top Go down
L.Lawliet
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
L.Lawliet

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : L.Lawliet

PostSubject: Re: WDA's Pick-Your-Poison Tournament   WDA's Pick-Your-Poison Tournament EmptyThu Oct 25, 2012 2:44 am

Quote :
3) With choice 3 you get an OCG exclusive tournament. In this tournament you will have to use at least 7 cards in your main deck and at least 5 cards in your extra deck which are not yet released in the TCG. I know we've done OCG tournaments before, this one is here just to piss OCG haters off if you so choose *cough*L*cough*.

You son of a ... xD

Fine... "Dusty Attic Tournament" then.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: WDA's Pick-Your-Poison Tournament   WDA's Pick-Your-Poison Tournament EmptySun Oct 28, 2012 6:37 am

And with that, the poll is closed. Dusty Attic tournament it is I guess.
Since it came second, perhaps the next one, or another one, will be a highlander thing.
The tournament topic will be up soon.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WDA's Pick-Your-Poison Tournament   WDA's Pick-Your-Poison Tournament Empty

Back to top Go down

WDA's Pick-Your-Poison Tournament
Page 1 of 1