World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Windows 8 Discussion

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage

Windows 8 Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Windows 8 Discussion   Windows 8 Discussion EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 2:19 am

With he recent release of both the Surface and Windows 8, Microsoft has officially started its new stage of competition with both Apple and Google.

http://lifehacker.com/5955229/why-does-everyone-hate-windows-8-should-i-upgrade

http://lifehacker.com/5955287/top-10-secret-features-in-windows-8

Windows 8 is an attempt to promote the Surface as well as improve the functionality of regular usage. Please post your thoughts smile
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Windows 8 Discussion   Windows 8 Discussion EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 2:46 am

If Microsoft could make any real advancements in software engineering, people would actually respect them...
All it has going for it is software deals and marketing for a while now. All every upgrade brings is a prettier interface, which any designer of free software can accomplish, and integrate already existing advancements to their core when they are left behind. And also greater automation so they can invade your pc and stop you from doing stuff on your own computer more often with each new version.

I only wish they had not bought monopolies out of the entire software industry so that we wouldn't have trouble with using free OS. As a student of, and future professional of, those fields, I'm sad to see technological advancement sacrificed in the name of profit so often.

Just like windows 7, I may "upgrade" only when certain software requires them, like it was for battlefield 3 last time.
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: Windows 8 Discussion   Windows 8 Discussion EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 5:17 am

Windows 8 sucks. 'Nuff said.
Back to top Go down
Mau5
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mau5

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Necro61

PostSubject: Re: Windows 8 Discussion   Windows 8 Discussion EmptyTue Oct 30, 2012 6:20 am

Its not bad Kimo, there's a program you can download to make the homescreen your desktop. But doesn't matter to me anyway, I run Linux lol
Back to top Go down

PostSubject: Re: Windows 8 Discussion   Windows 8 Discussion EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 6:03 am

http://venturebeat.com/2012/11/01/windows-8-anime-girls-japan/

I'm curious if I can get this theme and effects even without buying the product (030) that would be sweeeet. Having the computer tell me: "Welcome back Onee-sama" would literally melt my heart.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Windows 8 Discussion   Windows 8 Discussion EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 9:09 am

Baka wrote:
http://venturebeat.com/2012/11/01/windows-8-anime-girls-japan/

I'm curious if I can get this theme and effects even without buying the product (030) that would be sweeeet. Having the computer tell me: "Welcome back Onee-sama" would literally melt my heart.
"Onee-sama"?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Windows 8 Discussion   Windows 8 Discussion Empty

Back to top Go down

Windows 8 Discussion
Page 1 of 1