World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?!

Go down 
+3
wynchester
Kimo Force
Mau5
7 posters
AuthorMessage

Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?! Empty
PostSubject: Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?!   Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?! EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 6:11 am

Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?! Tumblr_mcrpj2Pt2r1r1fm0bo1_400

Yes, the rumor is confirmed by several different news groups and the Wall Street Journal confirms it with a clip of their interview with Disney CEO Bob Iger and our beloved genius and founder of LucasFilms: George Lucas himself.

My opinion: I have mixed feelings about this. Considering the fact that Disney is practically a monopoly for all cartoon multimedia, is failing in business attempts to adapt to online marketing (as a result, stocks are considerably declining alongside and at the same rate as the pathetic Facebook.) Seeing Disney produce Episodes 7-9 makes me uneasy and I wish Mr. Lucas should've done them himself. I just hope to God that 7-9 are not another 1-2. That's what I'm expecting. If they prove me and many other skeptical fans wrong, we're in for a joyride.
Back to top Go down
Mau5
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mau5

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Necro61

PostSubject: Re: Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?!   Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?! EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 6:31 am

I'll just leave this here...
Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?! 29478451
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?!   Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?! EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 7:05 am

All I can say is that when Disney bought Marvel, the effect on the company has been generally negative, The Avengers movie aside, because what kids don't watch won't get a chance despite how well-made a piece of art could be (take Spectacular Spider-Man and compare it with the on-going Ultimate Spider-Man cartoon these days). All I can say is I don't expect anything good out of this deal.
Back to top Go down
wynchester
WDA Member
WDA Member
wynchester

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Wynchester

PostSubject: Re: Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?!   Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?! EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 1:18 pm

So... does that make Princess Leia an official Disney Princess?
Back to top Go down
https://www.facebook.com/michaelwynwyn
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Waifu : Meheheh

PostSubject: Re: Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?!   Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?! EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 8:52 pm

Disney princesses don't make out with their brothers
Back to top Go down
Unforgiven Pretender
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unforgiven Pretender

Achievement Points : 16
Waifu : Unforgiven Pretender

PostSubject: Re: Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?!   Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?! EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 9:52 pm

I think it's great, 'cause Star Wars was going nowhere with George Lucas in charge.
At least with Disney in charge we have a chance of more great movies coming. =)
Back to top Go down
L.Lawliet
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
L.Lawliet

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : L.Lawliet

PostSubject: Re: Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?!   Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?! EmptySat Nov 03, 2012 9:59 pm

Disney is taking the world, basically. I'm siding with Disney tho, they have made good films so far - Pirates of the Carabbiean, The Avengers, The solo super hero movies weren't that bad - aside from Batman and the Amazing Spider-man, there aren't any other films that are as good as Disney's. I don't see why people are hating on Disney, the company is not the same as it was 10 years ago... it evolved. So +1 to Disney.

~I wanted "The Force Unleashed" to come to the big screen :/
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

PostSubject: Re: Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?!   Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?! EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 3:18 am

The Avengers was the only decent Marvel/Disney move, everything else wasn't any good really.
Back to top Go down
Red Exorcist
WDA Member
WDA Member
Red Exorcist

PostSubject: Re: Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?!   Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?! EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 7:32 am

Unforgiven Pretender wrote:
I think it's great, 'cause Star Wars was going nowhere with George Lucas in charge.

Well The several hundred great video games and that awesome tv show were complete shit

[sarcasm on all of that]
Back to top Go down
Unforgiven Pretender
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unforgiven Pretender

Achievement Points : 16
Waifu : Unforgiven Pretender

PostSubject: Re: Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?!   Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?! EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 8:09 am

Phoenix King wrote:

Well The several hundred great video games and that awesome tv show were complete shit

[sarcasm on all of that]

I'm referring to the fact that George Lucas stated that there would not come a new Star Wars film.
Some games are great indeed, but I don't think Disney will really change games in the future, so I guess that'll stay the same quality.
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

PostSubject: Re: Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?!   Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?! EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 9:06 am

On second thoughts, this does seem like a good decision, seeing that Lucas Films hasn't done a lot of interesting stuff lately, unless you're a fan of the Clone Wars animation or the Unleashed video-game series.
Back to top Go down
Red Exorcist
WDA Member
WDA Member
Red Exorcist

PostSubject: Re: Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?!   Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?! EmptySun Nov 04, 2012 10:56 am

Phoenix King wrote:

[sarcasm on all of that]

I'm referring to the fact that George Lucas stated that there would not come a new Star Wars film.
Some games are great indeed, but I don't think Disney will really change games in the future, so I guess that'll stay the same quality.

Lol with this I can now see a star wars world in KH3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?!   Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?! Empty

Back to top Go down

Disney BOUGHT LucasFilms?!
Page 1 of 1