World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Ripper Puzzle: Chapter 2

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

The Ripper Puzzle: Chapter 2 Empty
PostSubject: The Ripper Puzzle: Chapter 2   The Ripper Puzzle: Chapter 2 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 4:08 pm

WARNING: SPOILERS

Chapter Two

Warning

Crystal stood in a small, dirty, dimly lit room. She shivered as she looked around; the walls were cement with no windows or door; covered with dirt and grim. The only thing in the room was a small wooden table with a chipped checkered board with chess pieces standing beside the board, and a lampshade hanging from the ceiling. Curiosity overcame her as she stepped forward, picking up one of the pieces to examine it; the white Queen was very old and worn with small congealed blood droplets that stained the white paint.

“Beware of the Ripper,” said a voice from behind her.

Crystal jumped from the sudden voice, dropping the Queen to the floor as she turned around. In front of her stood a tall man, wearing a brown shirt and slacks, trench coat, and fedora. He had sharp blue eyes, short brown and gray hair and mustache. He had deep lines in his face and his eyes sunken in.

Her jaw dropped at the realization of who stood in front of her. “You’re Richard Holcomb,” whispered Crystal as she stood forward, her hand reached out to touch him to ensure herself that he was real.

The detective nodded and walked towards her, stopping less than a foot away. He was a good half foot taller than her, the top of her head barely reaching his chin. “Be careful when challenging the Ripper, Ms. Rio,” said Holcomb as he reached down and grabbed the white Queen beside her feet. He examined the piece carefully before walking around her, placing the queen beside the King and Knight. “I accepted Jack’s challenge and lost…”

Crystal bit her lip as she watched the detective stare at the chessboard. “We have better knowledge of who he is now,” said Crystal as Richard looked up at her. “I know his name. I know he can be caught. We will avenge your death; you and your family.”

Richard chuckled as he turned his attention back to the chessboard and picked up the black Queen. “You all have no idea what you are getting yourselves into,” said Richard as he examined the chess piece. The lines on his face grew more etched as he looked at the black Queen. “Jack had it planned from the very beginning. Every step, every move he made. Every move I would make. Everything. He knew exactly what to do and how to counter it,” said Richard as he looked up at Crystal. “I fell right into his plan. He used my own family to wear me down and kill me,” said Richard as anger set it. He chucked the chess piece at the wall in a rage.

“He killed my family because he knew it would get to me! He used them for his own sick games, and it worked! They died in vain!” shouted Richard as he grabbed the table and flipped it over, chess pieces flying everywhere. Tears ran down his checks and stubble as he howled in pain over his loss and failures.

Crystal grabbed Richard by the arm and held him, pressing her forehead into his bicep. “I’m sorry, Richard. I know what you went through must have been traumatic. I couldn’t imagine what it was like in your position…I promise you that you and your family’s death will not be in vain.”

He went silent before sighing softly. “I’m sorry if I don’t believe you,” said Richard as he pulled his arm out of her grasp and walked forward and picked up the table. Crystal watched him pick up each individual chess piece and set up the board once more.
“I’ve seen Jack up close. I know how he works. I regret not figuring it out while I was still alive, but…,” said Richard as he picked up the black Queen and placed it on the chessboard, completing the formation. He turned his head toward Crystal and gave her a somber look. “I’m dead. I know that. Jack used Sarah to kill me, and it worked,” said Richard with a sarcastic laugh and stared at the ground before lifting his head and frowned. “You better catch him, Crystal.”

“I promise,” she replied confidently.

“Good,” said Richard with a small smile. “because if you don’t, you will end up just like me; dead.”
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

PostSubject: Re: The Ripper Puzzle: Chapter 2   The Ripper Puzzle: Chapter 2 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 4:18 pm

Nice to see Richard cry. Faggot.
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

PostSubject: Re: The Ripper Puzzle: Chapter 2   The Ripper Puzzle: Chapter 2 EmptySun Nov 18, 2012 4:57 pm

DigiDigi wrote:
Nice to see Richard cry. Faggot.

y u no lyk Richard
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Ripper Puzzle: Chapter 2   The Ripper Puzzle: Chapter 2 Empty

Back to top Go down

The Ripper Puzzle: Chapter 2
Page 1 of 1