World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Howdy~

Go down 
+6
Behemoth
L.Lawliet
Supasmash
J.J. Knight
akaFila
NotSoGallantGallade
10 posters
AuthorMessage
NotSoGallantGallade
WDA Member
WDA Member
NotSoGallantGallade

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : NotSoGallantGallade

Howdy~ Empty
PostSubject: Howdy~   Howdy~ EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 4:01 pm

Figured it was about time I sauntered into here, so... yeah. Thus my existence and this thread's existence and your existence on this thread.

For those who don't know me (the lot of you), I'm (obviously) NotSoGallantGallade, though despite the name (and, currently, the Cobalion avvy) I firmly believe Absol is the most awesome Pokemon ever, followed closely by Weavile (Dark-types <3). Anyways, I'm the head admin over at Dueling Genesis Academy, so I'm in cahoots with a couple of you over here (Digi and Frost come to mind right off the bat), and in general have pretty good standing.

Hmm... fact time!
-I've been playing competitively for 2 years (but started just playing around back around the time BLS was released), though my growth as a duelist has both been exponentially increased since I joined DGA a little over a year ago and is most definitely still growing. I play at a hyper-competitive locals and have dueled YCS champs and toppers quite a few times, plus I align myself decently online, so that definitely helps.
-I'm good, not great at dueling, I believe. Like I said above, I play against a lot of people better than or as good as me, which forces me to improve, but right now I'm definitely a work in progress. Still, I have a lot of bright moments and a lot of potential, and in relative terms I'm quite good.
-How do I make up for this in an academy setting? Eloquence, intelligence, activity (usually) and being sociable. I'm a very outgoing guy, and combined with being around a lot that's definitely something that works in my favor a good bit. Not only that, but I'm a great writer, speaker, speechwriter, etc. (I write Pokemon fanfics as a hobby, btw. Really good ones), which means I get my points across well, look good doing it, and I know what I'm saying and talking about.
-I'm actually not pretentious. I can be an @$$ as a joke, but only when I get into a debate or something opinionated do I actually get that way. Normally I'm pretty damn modest, and I've got a good bit of self-deprecation to me.
-I love music. Like, it's the half of my soul not taken up by my girlfriend. I have 8000 songs on my iTunes, ranging from indie rock to punk to folk to synthpop to big beat, and expanding my horizons is something I definitely cherish.
-I can be sarcastic. Just saying, I am definitely a master of that art. Along those same lines, my speeches and rants are revered on a forum unrelated to this one, and are pretty damn well respected elsewhere. I don't mince my words, in short.
-Basic stuff:
---I'm American and Male. And on occasion an Absol. A very dextrous one, being able to type and all. :P
---Fave cards are Evolzar Laggia/Solda, Photon Papilloperative, Neo-Spacian Grand Mole, Thunder King Rai-Oh, and Fossil Dyna Pachycephalo.
---Top 6 bands: The Shins (best ever), Gaslight Anthem, The Clash, We Are Scientists, LCD Soundsystem, Arctic Monkeys.
---Adore Rock Band (drumsssss), sports games in general, despise COD, Halo, all those annoying shoot-em-ups.
---No YGO credentials IRL, unfortunately.

Aaaaaanyways, this is quite enough, so I'll cut this short (HAHAHAHAHA, cut it short. Too late!) and just say bye. So bye!

-Gallade
Back to top Go down
akaFila
Splash Duelist
 Splash Duelist
akaFila

Achievement Points : 28
Waifu : ~akaFila~

Howdy~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy~   Howdy~ EmptyMon Nov 19, 2012 4:11 pm

So...much...reading...Welco.. Howdy~ 1022683859
Back to top Go down
J.J. Knight
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
J.J. Knight

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : no laifu

Howdy~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy~   Howdy~ EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 3:48 am

The fact that you can write more than a paragraph's worth of text does not impress me. Anyway, Digi told me to be nice, so I guess welcome to WDA...and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Supasmash
WDA Member
WDA Member
Supasmash

Achievement Points : 7

Howdy~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy~   Howdy~ EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 4:05 am

Welcome to WDA.
Back to top Go down
L.Lawliet
Envoy Soldier
Envoy Soldier
L.Lawliet

Achievement Points : 32
Waifu : L.Lawliet

Howdy~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy~   Howdy~ EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 4:38 am

WelcometoWDA.Havefunandenjoyyourstay.
Back to top Go down
Behemoth
Young Fiend
 Young Fiend
Behemoth

Achievement Points : 20

Howdy~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy~   Howdy~ EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 4:57 am

Needs more Metal.

Ah, welcome to WDA. I think you might know me :P

Enjoy your stay o.o;
Back to top Go down
http://duelacademy.net/u7064
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Meheheh

Howdy~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy~   Howdy~ EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 5:02 am

J. J. Knight wrote:
The fact that you can write more than a paragraph's worth of text does not impress me. Anyway, Digi told me to be nice, so I guess welcome to WDA...and stuff.

Don't mind JJ, he's our resident asshole.

Anyways, Porygon-Z is better. So is Miltank, for all its uselessness.

Welcome.
Back to top Go down
Mau5
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mau5

Waifu : Necro61

Howdy~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy~   Howdy~ EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 8:03 am

Shwelcome! Have ze fun!
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
WDA Member
WDA Member
NotSoGallantGallade

Howdy~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy~   Howdy~ EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 8:22 am

Assorted replies to see if it'll actually let me post this time... .-.

------

JJ: Nor should you be impressed. Mere eloquence does not a man make, of course. Still, I felt I should put a pretty decent foot/paw forward.

In any case, thanks for the (apparently somewhat obligatory) welcome~

-+-

space: Nawwww to the metal. I've got, like, 2 Judas Priest songs on my iTunes, Rage Against The Machine, plus a little hard rock (Wolfmother, Year Long Disaster), but overall I have a solid distaste for metal. Especially 21st century metal. Just my opinion, I spose~

But I do like punk, so there's that slight similarity.

-+-

Fish: Porygon-Z is pretty awesome, I'll give it that. Miltank is meh, and not useless when trained by a certain Gym Leader... DX

Everyone: Thanks to all of you for the welcomes! ^_^
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

Howdy~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy~   Howdy~ EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 9:17 am

I believe we have opposite tastes in terms of video-games, but you seem like a reasonable fellow who would be fun to be around, and that's enough for me. Welcome to the forum.
Back to top Go down
NotSoGallantGallade
WDA Member
WDA Member
NotSoGallantGallade

Howdy~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy~   Howdy~ EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 9:39 am

Kimo Force wrote:
I believe we have opposite tastes in terms of video-games, but you seem like a reasonable fellow who would be fun to be around, and that's enough for me. Welcome to the forum.
I've just never liked shooting games, never liked guns, never liked all that violence. Closest I'll get is something like Soul Calibur, more or less. (Not a wuss, just disinterested and frankly jaded by that genre)

Thanks, by the way, I do hope I'm coming across that way~
Back to top Go down
holykhayos
WDA Member
WDA Member
holykhayos

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : ! holykhayos

Howdy~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy~   Howdy~ EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 11:15 am

Gallade!
Glad to see you here :D
Back to top Go down
Behemoth
Young Fiend
 Young Fiend
Behemoth

Achievement Points : 20

Howdy~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy~   Howdy~ EmptyTue Nov 20, 2012 6:47 pm

Most good Metal Bands I listen to were formed in the 90's so I'm happy with that.

But there is some good Metal in the 21st century ;o

Also, you didn't answer my last question :O (more a statement than a question, but, still ;P)
Back to top Go down
http://duelacademy.net/u7064
Sponsored content

Howdy~ Empty
PostSubject: Re: Howdy~   Howdy~ Empty

Back to top Go down

Howdy~
Page 1 of 1