World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Pokemon Showdown WDA's FAL OU Tournament

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

Pokemon Showdown WDA's FAL OU Tournament Empty
PostSubject: Pokemon Showdown WDA's FAL OU Tournament   Pokemon Showdown WDA's FAL OU Tournament EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 2:22 am

Can you do it? Because I honestly don't think you can do it. But I'll try it anyways, because maybe, you can do it.
I'm talking about an OU Tournament. OU, standing for OverUsed, the main tier in pkmn. You are making your own team, and playing against everyone else. Your team can include anything and you can do anything except:

Metagame bans:
OU specific bans:
Ubers:
A full list of clauses and banlists is here http://www.smogon.com/bw/banlist/

List of OU pokemon here http://www.smogon.com/bw/tiers/ou
Knowing them and knowing their strategies as are explained there will help. If you are a beginner (playing the gb/gba/ds games does not make you an expert, you are not a beginner only if you have been doing actual competitive battling) consult those very often and try to actually follow what is suggested there for your pokemon builds as well as your teams.
Remember that you don't have to use the pokemon of that list, although it is highly recomended. You are allowed to use everything but what I mentioned above, that means pkmn of lower tiers and other banlists such as UU, RU, NU, BL, BL2 etc. are available to you as well.

OU was picked because it has the least bans while not being uber, so you'll have free-er team building, although that also means teams can be too good which is a double edged swords here. FAL stands for First And Last. Solid prediction, you'll need those. But maybe you can do it. Maybe you can make your team and play with others?
Back to top Go down
akaFila
Splash Duelist
 Splash Duelist
akaFila

Achievement Points : 28
Waifu : ~akaFila~

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Showdown WDA's FAL OU Tournament   Pokemon Showdown WDA's FAL OU Tournament EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 2:40 am

In I am. Silly goose should have made it UU.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Showdown WDA's FAL OU Tournament   Pokemon Showdown WDA's FAL OU Tournament EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 4:37 am

I wanted to go for lower tiers but that would create the additional problem of "oh noes, I can't use gyarados/dnite/alakazam/gengar/latios/infernape, its coolest pkmn ever and so balanced!" and stuff like that, so I opted to go for OU while people are not too familiar with the tiers.
Back to top Go down
EnigmaMemory
WDA Member
WDA Member
EnigmaMemory

Achievement Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Showdown WDA's FAL OU Tournament   Pokemon Showdown WDA's FAL OU Tournament EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 9:53 am

I have to agree there... Then again, UU has been messed up a bit recently. Nyeh.

When will this be played? Also, PO or Showdown?
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Showdown WDA's FAL OU Tournament   Pokemon Showdown WDA's FAL OU Tournament EmptyThu Jan 03, 2013 4:52 pm

Al-Bhed wrote:

EnigmaMemory wrote:
When will this be played? Also, PO or Showdown?

Let's connect some dots here...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Pokemon Showdown WDA's FAL OU Tournament   Pokemon Showdown WDA's FAL OU Tournament Empty

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 1