World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Green/Blue Mistranslation

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mau5
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mau5

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Necro61

The Green/Blue Mistranslation Empty
PostSubject: The Green/Blue Mistranslation   The Green/Blue Mistranslation EmptyThu Feb 07, 2013 3:29 am

THE GREEN/BLUE MISTRANSLATION
Growing up we knew the rival of the original series of whatever we named him, usually douche or something insulting. Upon reaching the 16th gym in Gold/Silver/Crystal, you find out his name is actually Blue.
However in the original Japanese version of the game his name was Green Seeing as how the original copies of the game in Japan were Red and Green version. Then when they were translated in English they changed his name to Blue.

Shortly after the release of the anime the original authors began working on the Manga. After about 10 chapters they introduced a new character, The female character. Her name was originally Blue, but upon translating to english, turning the Rival into Blue then turned the female hero into Green or Leaf.
Because obviously the Japanese versions came out much before the American copies there original names are

Red: Main Hero
Green: Male Rival
Blue: Female Hero

The Green/Blue Mistranslation 522844_389891644423891_2114342372_n
Back to top Go down
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

Achievement Points : 58
Waifu : Prinzessin Kitty

PostSubject: Re: The Green/Blue Mistranslation   The Green/Blue Mistranslation EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 3:49 am

alright, who is the female hero then?
Back to top Go down
Mau5
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mau5

PostSubject: Re: The Green/Blue Mistranslation   The Green/Blue Mistranslation EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 3:49 am

Snow White wrote:
alright, who is the female hero then?

Blue.
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: The Green/Blue Mistranslation   The Green/Blue Mistranslation EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 4:25 am

Well, you couldn't pick a female character in RBY, and considering her part in the manga, I wouldn't exactly call her female "hero". Perhaps if the choice to pick a girl had made it into the original game, but as things are, it's hard to consider blue like that.
Back to top Go down
Mau5
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mau5

PostSubject: Re: The Green/Blue Mistranslation   The Green/Blue Mistranslation EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 4:29 am

Black Pete wrote:
Well, you couldn't pick a female character in RBY, and considering her part in the manga, I wouldn't exactly call her female "hero". Perhaps if the choice to pick a girl had made it into the original game, but as things are, it's hard to consider blue like that.

Regardless, the 3 original trainers are Red, Green(male) and Blue (female)
Back to top Go down
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

PostSubject: Re: The Green/Blue Mistranslation   The Green/Blue Mistranslation EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 5:03 am

i meant in anime who the "female hero" was... since theres gary and ash..not the color lol..
Back to top Go down
Mau5
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mau5

PostSubject: Re: The Green/Blue Mistranslation   The Green/Blue Mistranslation EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 5:05 am

Snow White wrote:
i meant in anime who the "female hero" was... since theres gary and ash..not the color lol..

Ash and Gary are piss poor translations of Red and Green. The two are supposed to be competitive rivals, Ash is a terrible trainer and Gary is a douche who kicks Ash's ass.
Back to top Go down
Katarina
Archfiend Empress
 Archfiend Empress
Katarina

PostSubject: Re: The Green/Blue Mistranslation   The Green/Blue Mistranslation EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:21 pm

do you even read my question? i asked it twice and twice i got a random answer..
Back to top Go down
Mau5
WDA Member
WDA Member
Mau5

PostSubject: Re: The Green/Blue Mistranslation   The Green/Blue Mistranslation EmptyFri Feb 08, 2013 12:23 pm

Snow White wrote:
do you even read my question? i asked it twice and twice i got a random answer..

I told you, there is no female hero in the anime, at least not the regular ones, they would be Misty, May, Dawn, Iris, etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Green/Blue Mistranslation   The Green/Blue Mistranslation Empty

Back to top Go down

The Green/Blue Mistranslation
Page 1 of 1