World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How Did You Start?

Go down 
+12
Legendaryfrost
Lupe
EW
Nour Force
Alibaba
Unknown
Fish
Bloody Kaizer
~Psychotic Jester~
Kimo Force
Leokane
Jaden H
16 posters
AuthorMessage
Jaden H
WDA Member
WDA Member
Jaden H

Achievement Points : 0

How Did You Start? Empty
PostSubject: How Did You Start?   How Did You Start? EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 10:27 am

How did you start to play YGO?
Back to top Go down
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

How Did You Start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Start?   How Did You Start? EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 10:30 am

HOW did I start? I played a monster card.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
Jaden H
WDA Member
WDA Member
Jaden H

How Did You Start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Start?   How Did You Start? EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 10:31 am

no liek how did u start lol and why did u start playing?

i started because a guy named ASTER D forced me too
Back to top Go down
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

How Did You Start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Start?   How Did You Start? EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 10:36 am

In 2004, Couple of friends showed me Yu-Gi-Oh! Duelist of the Roses and had me watch Joey duel Bandit Keith. Later in the same year, Yu-Gi-Oh! became mainstream in Egypt so badly, everyone and their grandmas were playing it. I followed the trend and got into the game.

By 2009, I decided to try Tag Force 3, and by chance, I found about KCVDS, which was way way before DN was available. From there, someone linked me to my first academy, Light Duel Academy, and there I met Maxmillion Pegasus and Unforgiven Pretender, whom invited me to Toon World Academy when it was first being made. I was its tenth member.
Back to top Go down
Leokane
Zombie Child
 Zombie Child
Leokane

Achievement Points : 19
Waifu : Leokane
DoolFool

How Did You Start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Start?   How Did You Start? EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 10:43 am

I played the game because of the show then quit in like 2003.....jump to now I've come back to playing Yu-Gi-Oh for no actual reason besides just to play it again.
Back to top Go down
http://instagram.com/leokanexyz
~Psychotic Jester~
WDA Member
WDA Member
~Psychotic Jester~

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : PsychoticJester

How Did You Start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Start?   How Did You Start? EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 11:04 am

I played since the show very first ever came out. The original YGO. When I was a kid. I watched it and that's when I started to play the card game in real life. At the age of 10 I discovered Yu-Gi-Oh Duelist Of The Roses and beat it so many times. This only enhanced how much I liked Yu-Gi-Oh. Then after Yu-Gi-Oh went into Yu-Gi-Oh GX I found the thought of a dueling academy to be thrilling to say the least. I loved the new cards the fresh idea's and the plot of it all. Jaden always made me want to get my game on. After Yu-Gi-Oh GX I stopped playing. At the age of 19 I finally picked the game back up again and have been playing ever since. I'm not nearly as good as I used to be though I'm striving to become better. I cannot afford to play in real life like I used to. So DuelingNetwork is where I go to duel.
Back to top Go down
Bloody Kaizer
WDA Member
WDA Member
Bloody Kaizer

Waifu : Just pm me for et x)

How Did You Start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Start?   How Did You Start? EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 11:12 am

I watched the anime, liked it, me and my aunt started playing it and then quit once I got pissed, lol.

I did however do a collection of cards, sold some of them, discovered Tag Force in PSP's and then basically just finished all games. Later on, I started dating someone who told me about DN and after a few weeks, I got the chance to join my first academy which is Heros Academy which for some odd reason had a typo for "Heroes", anywho, after that, decided to become a better duelist and eventually became a DN admin before I resigned, lol.

As for the rest, still going and becoming stronger smile.
Back to top Go down
http://www.medievalchaos.net/forum
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Waifu : Meheheh

How Did You Start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Start?   How Did You Start? EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 12:01 pm

My friend invited me to play against her on KCVDS. Good times, good times.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

How Did You Start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Start?   How Did You Start? EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 12:41 pm

Back in the days of young Unknown, he would watch a lot of television. (What kid didn't, right?) One of those television shows happened to be one they called Yu-Gi-Oh! Fast forward several years later, and the older Unknown found a Yugioh deck at a pharmacy. He said to himself, "Wasn't there some show with flying dragons and alligators and Egyptians that were based around this?" So he bought the deck, convinced his best friend to get one too, and they played together. Fast forward a couple of months, and Unknown wanted to play with more than just his best friend. There comes the internet to the rescue! He found this downloadable game where you could play with lots of people, and he found World Dueling Academy where he could talk all about it. Then he realized he was a total noob and played League of Legends. The end.
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Waifu : Meheheh

How Did You Start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Start?   How Did You Start? EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 7:51 pm

Unknown wrote:
Then he realized he was a total noob and played League of Legends. The end.

Your roots are similar to mine.
Back to top Go down
Alibaba
Red-Eyed Warrior
Red-Eyed Warrior
Alibaba

Achievement Points : 47
Waifu : kys

How Did You Start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Start?   How Did You Start? EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 8:30 pm

i watched yugioh as a kid, and it led to me playing LoL
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

How Did You Start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Start?   How Did You Start? EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 8:38 pm

This place. Right here.
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
EW
WDA Member
WDA Member
EW

Achievement Points : 7
Waifu : --

How Did You Start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Start?   How Did You Start? EmptySat Mar 30, 2013 9:14 pm

Watched the anime as a kid. Began playing competetively around the time of PC Monarchs. Quit the game for better games earlier this month.

If this game stops being terrible, and gets good again like it was in Synchro era, I will begin playing again.
Back to top Go down
Lupe
WDA Member
WDA Member
Lupe

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Retired

How Did You Start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Start?   How Did You Start? EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 6:09 am

Anime, PSP game, this place. I don't think i need more words.
Back to top Go down
Legendaryfrost
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Legendaryfrost

Waifu : LegendaryFrost

How Did You Start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Start?   How Did You Start? EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 6:33 am

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Grand Mage
Chaos Traveler
Chaos Traveler
Grand Mage

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : Surberous

How Did You Start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Start?   How Did You Start? EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 9:39 am

Spent most of my childhood watching television, yugioh was one of my favorite shows.
When I found out I could pretend to play it with the other kids who played I jumped at the chance. 6~7 years ago Yugioh was the sh** to all the kids in both school and day camp so it became a small pass time.
Back to top Go down
kaiza
WDA Member
WDA Member
kaiza

Waifu : Kaiza

How Did You Start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Start?   How Did You Start? EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 11:35 am

I found a "wingweaver" card in the drain. Then the bull sh!t started

its why I'm addicted to light monsters
Back to top Go down
Pumpkin Row
SKY FIRE
SKY FIRE

Achievement Points : 42

How Did You Start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Start?   How Did You Start? EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 2:48 pm

i found a "dark gray" card on the floor of a library a long time ago, after finding it, i looked up the game on google and started walking to the library every saturday and watching the kids duel. one day while i was watching a duel, one of the kids got mad and rage-quit the game right in front of me, throwing his deck in my lap as he walked passed me. it was a deck of 57 cards, that night, i looked uup the rules and how to play the game, after that day i started going to the library to play the game instead of watch, and thats how i got started.
Back to top Go down
FoxboyAlex
WDA Member
WDA Member
FoxboyAlex

Achievement Points : 2
Waifu : FoxboyAlex

How Did You Start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Start?   How Did You Start? EmptySun Mar 31, 2013 3:40 pm

When I was in the sixth grade, the Duelist Kingdom arc and the gameboy color game, Dark Duel Stories, were released. Those two things got a few friends and myself hooked.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/FoxboyAlex
Sponsored content

How Did You Start? Empty
PostSubject: Re: How Did You Start?   How Did You Start? Empty

Back to top Go down

How Did You Start?
Page 1 of 1