World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The Time Travel Theory

Go down 
+2
Kimo Force
Nour Force
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

The Time Travel Theory Empty
PostSubject: The Time Travel Theory   The Time Travel Theory EmptyTue May 14, 2013 7:16 pm

Do you believe Time Travel will be created?
Whether your answer is yes or no, if/when time travel is created, how do you think it will be?
From anime, movies, and even stories about the future, there are different thoughts about time travel. Allow me to show you:

The Time Travel Theory Bc8Du

Pick one
Say why
Or just pick it because it's pretty

Last edited by Nour Force on Mon Nov 03, 2014 11:52 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

PostSubject: Re: The Time Travel Theory   The Time Travel Theory EmptyWed May 15, 2013 1:36 am

Fixed Timeline seems more logical for me. Dynamic Timeline is a little bit okay in my books too.
As far as I can tell, Steins;Gate had Multiverse Timeline, correct?
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: The Time Travel Theory   The Time Travel Theory EmptyWed May 15, 2013 4:24 am

2.1 Dynamic timeline with static subjects, meaning that there is 1 timeline that can change, but anything that arrives in a time from a different time, is now in it and as it can affect the current time, it is a part of it, so even if the circumstances of a later time (or earlier, in case of multiple time travels dependent on each other) which caused its arrival change as a consequence of its current actions, the subject does not need the causes of its current existance to be constantly reaffirmed by the timeline and remains in it unchanged (even if you cannot be born under the current circumstances, you who is here indeed exists and continues to exist. The past changed as a result of your actions, but the past of an individual does not exist as anything other than a personal memory and does not need to be constantly true. It only has a result and that persists regardless).

Thus the singular timeline changes, but paradoxes are not created, since what causes the subject in the state it is currently to arrive as it is and be as it is in the current time, is not it being born, but it is it performing a time travel at that exact time having gone through that exact life, meaning that any action, no matter how insignificant (butterfly effect), could change the subject (even slightly, it is different all the same) creating a time paradox (a different person would probably not take the exact same action which caused the change, but if that person is not different the action is taken and the person is different), making avoiding time paradoxes nearly impossible in a dynamic timeline as it is described, even though it is the most likely theory otherwise (by common logic at least).

Also, I believe the ability to travel backwards will never exist, so the above is pointless.

Last edited by Al-Bhed on Fri May 31, 2013 10:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Niko327
WDA Member
WDA Member
Niko327

Achievement Points : 1
Waifu : Niko327

PostSubject: Re: The Time Travel Theory   The Time Travel Theory EmptyWed May 15, 2013 7:47 am

Wouldn't traveling backward be the ONLY possibility? Traveling to the future is completely illogical, but theoretically people have thought if there was any possible way we could travel faster than the speed of light, you could travel outward into space in any direction for miles, and since you are moving faster than light itself, the reflection of light that shined on Earth in the past would be behind you, so you could theoretically look behind you, and directly see events from the past. Of course, this only would be possible if the light is constantly visible throughout its non-interrupted travel through space, and if we actually could travel through space without dying instantly. :P
Back to top Go down
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

PostSubject: Re: The Time Travel Theory   The Time Travel Theory EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:39 am

Seeing light with delay isn't any form of travelling though, it's just an extravagant way of looking at a photo.

How are you seeing travelling backwards possible but travelling to the future impossible? Does an event that has already happen continue to exist making it possible for it to be revisited? It should be more logical to consider that an event that has already happened is past and no longer exists, that only the present exists and not a persistent timeline and a metatimeline that watches over the timelines continuously and stuff. At least if the flow of time can be messed with for a subject (from the assumption that time travel is possible) you could rapidly accelerate through it and thus travel forward in time (or pseudo travel forward by going in a cryogenic sleep or something).
Back to top Go down
Bloody Kaizer
WDA Member
WDA Member
Bloody Kaizer

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Just pm me for et x)

PostSubject: Re: The Time Travel Theory   The Time Travel Theory EmptyWed May 15, 2013 9:28 pm

Disturbing what has happened and what will happen would just destroy the present :|, so no.
Back to top Go down
http://www.medievalchaos.net/forum
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

PostSubject: Re: The Time Travel Theory   The Time Travel Theory EmptyWed May 15, 2013 10:14 pm

Bloody Kaizer wrote:
Disturbing what has happened and what will happen would just destroy the present :|, so no.
How exactly does changing the future alter the present?
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Jaden H
WDA Member
WDA Member
Jaden H

Achievement Points : 0

PostSubject: Re: The Time Travel Theory   The Time Travel Theory EmptyThu May 16, 2013 9:43 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Thry5mXld80

Explains everything i have to say^ btw, skip to 1:17 if u dont wanna see the intro
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Time Travel Theory   The Time Travel Theory Empty

Back to top Go down

The Time Travel Theory
Page 1 of 1