World Dueling Academy
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hang-OutHomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Studies

Go down 
+5
Kimo Force
Nour Force
Unknown
akaFila
Al-Bhed
9 posters
AuthorMessage
Al-Bhed
Machina Mechanic
Machina Mechanic
Al-Bhed

Achievement Points : 50
Waifu : fem-Al-Bhed

Studies Empty
PostSubject: Studies   Studies EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 5:23 am

Today I had 2 options.
A. Study for my basic circuits theory final test which is in a couple of days
B. Go on team fortress 2 and try to get through some jumps in jump_QuBA to further my rocket jumping training.

Result: jump_QuBA stage 1/3 complete! Studies 162483272

on the side, I even became much better than before at reflecting projectiles in an actual game, so now I can properly troll soldiers, which is ironic when you consider what my training is for.

And the question is, how do you people get the motivation to study, because I know I never could in my entire life except from that one year which got me in university.
You, kimo, tell me, how do I become Asian at studying?
Back to top Go down
akaFila
Splash Duelist
 Splash Duelist
akaFila

Achievement Points : 28
Waifu : ~akaFila~

Studies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studies   Studies EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 5:40 am

Dahell is "studying"???????????????
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

Studies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studies   Studies EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 6:57 am

#epicmusic
Back to top Go down
Nour Force
Magical Girl
Magical Girl
Nour Force

Achievement Points : 114
Waifu : 02

Studies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studies   Studies EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 7:31 am

@DigiDigi would be offended.
Back to top Go down
https://worldduelingacademy.forumotion.com/
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

Studies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studies   Studies EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 8:33 am

- If you're in a room with a computer, I strongly suggest you remove yourself from your room and study somewhere in a more quiet place.

- If you only feel comfortable while studying in your room, remove the monitor cable if you have a PC or put away your laptop until you're done for the day.

- Assign yourself a to-do-list. Make a list of what you want to get done today, and organize it so that you can finish studying in time throughout the week.

- Take frequent breaks, every half hour if you're reading notes or every hour if you're solving some sheets. Grab a snack or go to the bathroom, just spend five minutes not studying, but don't go above that.

- Try, with everything in your might, to stay away from the computer at all times. You can watch a little bit of TV during breaks, but just a little bit. Only use it say at the last hour during the day to check on updates.

- The earlier you start studying during the day, the better. Your mental power is usually at its best as soon as you wake up, even if you are a little sleepy.

PS: Don't ever call me an Asian again, I consider that an insult. Egyptians are much more intellectually superior.
Back to top Go down
rjuto
WDA Staff
 WDA Staff
rjuto

Achievement Points : 28

Studies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studies   Studies EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 9:28 am

60 pages - 10 min break - 60 pages - 10 min break - 60 pages - 10 min break.

That after going to read ANYWHERE BUT near a computer. Downloading books from the internet is futile, I just cant be studying in front of my computer.

I would also recommend studying with someone else so that you feel "obligated" to do so, but I'm not the "social" kind of guy so I never tried, cant tell you if it actually works.

Oh and those 10 mins are, literally, 10 mins, not 2 hours (I wish...meh).
Back to top Go down
DigiDigi
WDA Staff
WDA  Staff
DigiDigi

Achievement Points : 60
Waifu : DigiDigi, Digi(^w^)

Studies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studies   Studies EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 10:54 am

Take a look at the study guide I posted here.

You think this is a joke?!

But as for actual tips concerning the whole "spread-out-your-studies" (I call it the Butter theory), I study for at least an hour a day weeks before the test. Depends on what kind of assessment you're doing as well. If its a quiz, invest at least 3 hours in it. If its an exam, invest at least 6-12 hours in it. If its a placement exam, standardized test, or any other huge-ass exam, invest at least 24 hours worth of time into it. That's how I look at it.
Back to top Go down
Unknown
WDA Member
WDA Member
Unknown

Achievement Points : 25
Waifu : therealUnknown

Studies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studies   Studies EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 12:00 pm

Kimo Force wrote:
PS: Don't ever call me an Asian again, I consider that an insult. Egyptians are much more intellectually superior.

Oh. ;~; Well I am pretty stupid. :D
Back to top Go down
Bloody Kaizer
WDA Member
WDA Member
Bloody Kaizer

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Just pm me for et x)

Studies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studies   Studies EmptyMon Jun 03, 2013 1:50 pm

Unknown wrote:
Kimo Force wrote:

I'm Asian, I top class and get scholarship offers from different parts of the world *Coughs* Murican offers and *Coughs* Hispanic offers

Nah, well, part Asian to be precise, just lay off the love for us considering it is insulting :P.

Anyway, I generally have no problems studying considering I have long term memory and barely give a fuck about the things teacher say (On a long note) considering I get it when they're about 1/4 of their 'speech'.

Anywho, only thing I can advise for you is that during the last day before the exam, relax your brain because the more you study, the more you'll end up mental block (On the last day), proven theory already for those idiots who bothered studying in the last day for one of the biggest exams ever taken.

Their advises about studying are good enough, just advising you what to do before the exam, but here are some useful tips:

- When really tired, look at something green. Scientists say that green is a relaxing color, or if you're exposed to radiation for more than 2 hours i.e. computer/laptop.
- Listen to acoustics if you can't think of anything. The lyrics in the song will enable your brain to process different theories/methodologies/conclusions depending on your problem.
- NEVER EVER try to be insomniac. If it's not in your nature that you're not insomniac, don't force yourself to study THAT late because your brain will function poorly.
- During studying, always take the hardest parts first then the easier parts (I feel bad for you if all are hard ._.).
- Don't ever be near a pillow e_e". Humans can generally sleep everywhere but with a pillow, it'll be good game.
- If you're the sleepy head (Literally, if you're the type to wake up hours later even though you're supposed to wake up after 10 or 30 minutes), don't bother sleeping, just close your eyes for like 5 minutes and then start studying.
- Granted that you're really exhausted, sleep for a MAXIMUM of 1 hour or 2.
- Never cram. Study at least a week or 2 weeks before the exam.
- Breakfast. If you're the early type, I suggest eating heavy breakfast for your brain to work properly throughout the day.

How I study:

I don't know if you can pull this off, but might as well share mine.

- Jogging for 30 minutes when I finished half of what I study considering my studies are long.
- I generally study during the night so I go star gazing when I start feeling dizzy due to long texts.
- Walk around the house and get chased by a dog, not even kidding, when I need to pump up my game.
- Take a short shower to relax my mind and then off to studying.
- Before the exam, I always mark whatever I need to study so those are the only things I bother studying.
- I never read the book, just my notebook with marks. Books are too mainstream and way too round about in my opinion.
- Consult reference to my professors. Asking them their reference is a key to the 'vital' exams.
- Treat everything as a game. Don't take it too seriously, it's not the end of your life if you fail once, but try not to fail during the 2nd time.
- Remember, God is Glory. If you're Catholic, do pray to him. If you're other Religion, out of respect, pray to them for help. If you're Aethist, go die if you disagree with this post considering you shouldn't bother with it.

Best tip:

- Use the computer/laptop for 3 hours. If you're too much of a computer addict, abstinence will eventually ward of your mind off focus. Addiction isn't something you can conquer in a day.

Back to top Go down
http://www.medievalchaos.net/forum
Kimo Force
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Kimo Force

Achievement Points : 9
Waifu : Galko-chan

Studies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studies   Studies EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 4:05 am

Bloody Kaizer wrote:
Unknown wrote:
Kimo Force wrote:

I'm Asian, I top class and get scholarship offers from different parts of the world *Coughs* Murican offers and *Coughs* Hispanic offers

Nah, well, part Asian to be precise, just lay off the love for us considering it is insulting :P.

Anyway, I generally have no problems studying considering I have long term memory and barely give a fuck about the things teacher say (On a long note) considering I get it when they're about 1/4 of their 'speech'.

Anywho, only thing I can advise for you is that during the last day before the exam, relax your brain because the more you study, the more you'll end up mental block (On the last day), proven theory already for those idiots who bothered studying in the last day for one of the biggest exams ever taken.

Their advises about studying are good enough, just advising you what to do before the exam, but here are some useful tips:

- When really tired, look at something green. Scientists say that green is a relaxing color, or if you're exposed to radiation for more than 2 hours i.e. computer/laptop.
- Listen to acoustics if you can't think of anything. The lyrics in the song will enable your brain to process different theories/methodologies/conclusions depending on your problem.
- NEVER EVER try to be insomniac. If it's not in your nature that you're not insomniac, don't force yourself to study THAT late because your brain will function poorly.
- During studying, always take the hardest parts first then the easier parts (I feel bad for you if all are hard ._.).
- Don't ever be near a pillow e_e". Humans can generally sleep everywhere but with a pillow, it'll be good game.
- If you're the sleepy head (Literally, if you're the type to wake up hours later even though you're supposed to wake up after 10 or 30 minutes), don't bother sleeping, just close your eyes for like 5 minutes and then start studying.
- Granted that you're really exhausted, sleep for a MAXIMUM of 1 hour or 2.
- Never cram. Study at least a week or 2 weeks before the exam.
- Breakfast. If you're the early type, I suggest eating heavy breakfast for your brain to work properly throughout the day.

How I study:

I don't know if you can pull this off, but might as well share mine.

- Jogging for 30 minutes when I finished half of what I study considering my studies are long.
- I generally study during the night so I go star gazing when I start feeling dizzy due to long texts.
- Walk around the house and get chased by a dog, not even kidding, when I need to pump up my game.
- Take a short shower to relax my mind and then off to studying.
- Before the exam, I always mark whatever I need to study so those are the only things I bother studying.
- I never read the book, just my notebook with marks. Books are too mainstream and way too round about in my opinion.
- Consult reference to my professors. Asking them their reference is a key to the 'vital' exams.
- Treat everything as a game. Don't take it too seriously, it's not the end of your life if you fail once, but try not to fail during the 2nd time.
- Remember, God is Glory. If you're Catholic, do pray to him. If you're other Religion, out of respect, pray to them for help. If you're Aethist, go die if you disagree with this post considering you shouldn't bother with it.

Best tip:

- Use the computer/laptop for 3 hours. If you're too much of a computer addict, abstinence will eventually ward of your mind off focus. Addiction isn't something you can conquer in a day.

Studies 26435309
Back to top Go down
Fish
WDA Staff
WDA Staff
Fish

Achievement Points : 0
Waifu : Meheheh

Studies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studies   Studies EmptyTue Jun 04, 2013 5:24 am

Bloody Kaizer wrote:

How did you manage to slip this little piece of religious extremism in unnoticed?
Please do refrain from telling people to go die based on philosophical or theological beliefs, especially when so offtopic.

As it stands, I also heavily advise taking regular breaks, exercising, and above all, talking.

Talking about your studies with your classmates, discussing topics, etc., will get it into your brain 90% faster. It's just like having a teacher go through it with you.
Even if it's just running through questions with your friends on the day of the exam, it helps so damn much it's unreal.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Studies Empty
PostSubject: Re: Studies   Studies Empty

Back to top Go down

Studies
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
World Dueling Academy :: Off-Topic :: General Discussion-
Jump to: